• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Oh right 2010 xD I kept thinking "look people it's this year" I forgot what year we're in xD

So definitely no main series game this year but the R/S remakes will come out before Grey/BW successor.

xXNinetndoFreakXx

Pokémon Master~!
    Years
  • I've noticed some people are saying we're going to have to wait until 2012 for R/S remakes, and nothing will come out until that... But haven't you seen the trailer for Pokémon Rumble Blast for the 3DS? North-American release is in October...

Anyways, back onto the topic. :3 I am 100% sure they're doing the remakes for Ruby and Sapphire. They dropped alot of hints.

1.) Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza in HG/SS
    2.) Latias and Latios in HG/SS
    3.) Steven appearing in HG/SS
    4.) HM Dive's return in B/W
    5.) Mention of the Hoenn region in B/W (Undella Town, Summer Only)

My only question is... will they be re-doing FR/LG as well? It seems like it would make sense, but then it would be 4 main games every gen. You would have the main ones, the 3rd addition, the remakes, and a remake OF a remake.

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. :3

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • My only question is... will they be re-doing FR/LG as well? It seems like it would make sense, but then it would be 4 main games every gen. You would have the main ones, the 3rd addition, the remakes, and a remake OF a remake.
    I don't see a reason to Remake Kanto one more time. In HG/SS one of the new aspects was including every single thing you cold do in that game. You can get the Starters, all Badges, all Legendaries, etc. It is Kanto with a IV Gen look. Why remake once more? (:

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    It was recently hinted a game was coming for the DS/3DS, hopefully a remake of the 3rd gen.

What you have to remember is, its most likely going to be like all the other remakes, where they dont use pokemon from other generations, till Post-Game.

Another thing is, it will be interesting to see how they make this come to be, if it ever does come.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I've noticed some people are saying we're going to have to wait until 2012 for R/S remakes, and nothing will come out until that... But haven't you seen the trailer for Pokémon Rumble Blast for the 3DS? North-American release is in October...

Anyways, back onto the topic. :3 I am 100% sure they're doing the remakes for Ruby and Sapphire. They dropped alot of hints.

1.) Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza in HG/SS
    2.) Latias and Latios in HG/SS
    3.) Steven appearing in HG/SS
    4.) HM Dive's return in B/W
    5.) Mention of the Hoenn region in B/W (Undella Town, Summer Only)

My only question is... will they be re-doing FR/LG as well? It seems like it would make sense, but then it would be 4 main games every gen. You would have the main ones, the 3rd addition, the remakes, and a remake OF a remake.

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. :3
    okay well its like this:

Pokemon HG/SS had hints to an EMERALD remake (cerlean cave, steven, hoenn starters, etc.), as did B/W (5th gym mine cave), but B/W and HG/SS had clues for an all around hoenn remake, weather Ruby and Sapphire or Emerald (references, legends appearing, the rigis) and we still didnt really get an in-depth explanation about regigias (sorry if thats spellt wrong) so a hoenn remake, what ever it may be (R/S or emerald) its coming, sooner or later.

and to answer your question, the remakes will stop at R/S/E, you know why? what sense would it make to remake a remade game? Kanto has been in every remake to date so far, so why make it again? FR/LG are already remakes, so they wont be touching those, for now anyway.

BTW, i think its more then likely emerald, there more clues leading to it, for example in HG/SS, you get Groudon and Kyogre in one game, you get Rayquaza.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • They won't remake FR/LG it would be better If we can visit kanto in the remakes of R/S.
    And I think the next Pokemon game is the third version of B/W.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Well, I dont think Nitendo has a choice, I mean what other games are possible after B/W other than R/S/E remakes. And answering your poll, I'd say Hell yeah! For and only for it is a new game, I got bored from all I finished. But I gotta say, I have liking to Hoenn but I want them to make also a unification between 2 regions Like in HG SS, They must allow players to travel to Sinnoh probably, However, I think it is a little bit hard..especially since Sinnoh isn't all that small...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They wont remake FR/LG because there's no point in remaking a remake.
    It wont be a whole new main game because like Mega Shock said, that takes years of development and that would kill sales of B&W. The most likely game is Mystery Dungeon, I don't know why they said they would surprise us theres a VERY small posibility that it's an R/S remake or a 3rd game to B/W.
    There is room for an R/S remake, the 3DS which is the dominating handheld at this current time doesn't have a GBA slot and unless they release it in the E-Shop which I doubt will happen then what's stopping them?
    Plus they would make lots of money regardless of how many people disliked R/S/E they'd still get loads of sales, maybe not this year but I expect next year is going to be a big year for it.

qw13

Please do not read this text.
    Years
  • In every Gen, they did two main games, an upgraded version of main game, and remake of the two main games of 2 previous gen. I think they will also do a remake of 4 previous gen's upgraded version's remake. So, i think there will be both RS remake and a Yellow remake.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They wouldn't just stop after making 2 sets of remakes, the first 6 unplayable games were R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E and they all have reasons (minus the third games) to be remade due to the fact that they are unplayable and Hoenn is now the ONLY region that isn't on the DS, they don't need to remake FR/LG because it is a remake its self and you can visit Kanto in HG/SS so R/S/E is bound to be next and probally the final one, maybe like in 2016+ another remake MAY come along.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • They really should remake R/S and it will be their last remakes since Sinnoh is on DS and has been rendered 3D. And I really don't see a point of remakes for that unless it's a sequel. "Revenge of Cyrus". xD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Online now
    If/When the R/S remakes are released, what would be the chances of events similar to the gen III events (Mystic Ticket, Old Sea Map, Aurora Ticket, and the Eon Ticket) happening?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    They really should remake R/S and it will be their last remakes since Sinnoh is on DS and has been rendered 3D. And I really don't see a point of remakes for that unless it's a sequel. "Revenge of Cyrus". xD

By another four or five years time those games will look and play awful (they already do but that's not the point) and have all these compatibility issues that motivates them to do remakes along with all the money.

Don't try and speculate into the future of this stuff when we don't know what kind of changes will happen to Pokémon games on the next-generation systems, or even for the franchise itself.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    RSE are my favourite Pokémon games so that would be pretty sweet to see a DS remake or something; they would have to do it good though like Heart Gold/Soul Silver...

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Hope the Gym Leaders make over are as much as awesome like they did with Indigo Gym Leaders in HGSS.
    Especially Juan. Want to see that man more pimpin' than before.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I really want RSE remakes and I am looking forward to it... Below is what I'd imagine it'd be like... or closest to what I have in mind. (I think it's some kind of French ROM Hack)

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've seen that ^

It looks awesome! but I'm just really hoping for an R/S/E remake, the time to finding out is drawing ever so closer!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back