• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Wallace is the gym leader in the remake of ruby and Juan in the remake of sapphire like black and white, I think this idea is better.

I like this idea. If it does happen obviously Steven will be the champion.

If it doesn't happen, I can see Juan being the Gym leader, Wallace sticking as Champ and Steven being at Meteor Falls like he is in emerald.

Remakes usually take features from the 3rd Game.

HG/SS took Crystal features, (Fighting Suicune differently than the other roamers, battling Eusine or w/e his name is)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I like the idea of Juan or Wallace being the gym leader depending on the version, that would work really well. And if they go for just Wallace in both versions, then Juan should be able to be fought or at least appear in Sootopolis.

I dunno I like having Wallace as champion. This way gives diversity between months

But story-wise, how would they justify a region having two champions that switch depending on the time of year?

Remakes usually take features from the 3rd Game.

HG/SS took Crystal features, (Fighting Suicune differently than the other roamers, battling Eusine or w/e his name is)

But then FR/LG were remakes of Red/Blue only, they didn't take any features from Yellow. So I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporated RS elements as well as Emerald ones in the remakes. Actually, these remakes are more likely than ever to have elements predominantly from RS because of the nature of the plotline. I presume the remakes will retain the different-evil-team-in-each idea from RS, as it was quite a popular idea. I don't think the remakes are likely to be straight Emerald remakes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    That's a very poor comparison because Yellow version was a fundamentally different game than any of the extended versions (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) we've seen since. It was made to tie into the popular anime series of the time whereas FR/LG weren't.

We've seen in Heart Gold and Soul Silver versions that they're willing to go beyond what the original game does, as of which I expect they're going to expand upon what they added to Emerald version possibly adding some more version-based differences to the game.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I like the idea of Juan or Wallace being the gym leader depending on the version, that would work really well. And if they go for just Wallace in both versions, then Juan should be able to be fought or at least appear in Sootopolis.

But story-wise, how would they justify a region having two champions that switch depending on the time of year?

You dont think they would challenge each other again? I mean if you think about it , it doesnt make sense story wise that Im not champion despite beating alder at leat 3 times a week. And do you honestly expect me to believe that the only person who can beat a Pokemon Leauge Champion is a 10 year old kid?

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    That's a very poor comparison because Yellow version was a fundamentally different game than any of the extended versions (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) we've seen since. It was made to tie into the popular anime series of the time whereas FR/LG weren't.

If Yellow doesn't even count in this study then we only have HGSS following Crystal to go on, and one example does not make a pattern by any means.

We've seen in Heart Gold and Soul Silver versions that they're willing to go beyond what the original game does, as of which I expect they're going to expand upon what they added to Emerald version possibly adding some more version-based differences to the game.

Yes, I think there's definitely going to me a good mix of RS elements, Emerald elements, and brand new elements.

You dont think they would challenge each other again? I mean if you think about it , it doesnt make sense story wise that Im not champion despite beating alder at leat 3 times a week. And do you honestly expect me to believe that the only person who can beat a Pokemon Leauge Champion is a 10 year old kid?

vOv It would seem a bit odd for the same two people to go back and forth being chamption on a monthly basis. I guess I just don't really like the idea of Hoenn not having an "official" champion that every player will face in their playthrough regardless of what the date is when they play.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    If

vOv It would seem a bit odd for the same two people to go back and forth being chamption on a monthly basis. I guess I just don't really like the idea of Hoenn not having an "official" champion that every player will face in their playthrough regardless of what the date is when they play.

I Understand where your coming from. I agree this list was to be after you complete the game, but its my fault i didnt make it clear. But Hoenn is unique because it has two offical champions. It would be awful just to screw wallace like that( i rather him then steven as champion)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I actually prefer the idea of having the eighth gym leader vary between Wallace or Juan depending on which version game you get. It worked out well with Black and White, and I think it might do well in a RS remake. Who knows, maybe they did this in Black and White in preparation of doing it again in a remake for Ruby and Sapphire?

As for the plot itself, I agree that the plot is going to need to be expanded more and developed a lot more than the originals. I don't doubt they'll include elements from Emerald while still sticking to the main RS plot, but they'll need to add more to that. Honestly, I hope they do. As much as I fanboy over RSE, I would love for them to put more emphasis on the plot and develop our rival(s) more. Have Wallace appear more, have May/Brendan be more of a challenge and not so "friendly." Then have another rival just because they can. He/She should be the tough one though, the one who is deemed your tougher of the three rivals.

The same goes for the Gym Leaders and Elites. Have their teams vary, possibly expand the 'Dex a bit more, and [hopefully] increase the levels. I don't think they'll lower it like they did in HeartGold and SoulSilver, because naturally in GSC, the levels were already just as low. Black and White did a good job when it came to its story and challenge, so I hope they step it up a notch with remakes to the Hoenn games.

What about the PokéNav being developed into the touch screen. Anyone have any ideas on how they'd like GameFreak to implement that?

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • If my idea does happen I think Steven is the champion Then in the after game the champoin will be Wallace, you can face Steven like red in the top of Meteor Falls.

pixiefroggy

Awesome Ace Trainer:P
    Years
  • I LOVE Hoenn! I think that if they do remake Ruby and Sapphire, the graphics should be improved to at least D/P standards (hopefully B/W, but that takes lots of space). I love pretty battle animations and think they really enhance the game.

If they added 4th gen. Pokemon, there would be more variety and the Elite Four would have a more, "elite" team. I think they would keep Wallace as champion and follow Emerald's gym leader/elite 4 pattern. Also, I think May/Brendan should be able to choose if they want to act as the hero/heroine, help Team Magma, or help Team Aqua. THAT would be awesome. In past games, you ALWAYS had to be the good guy/girl and save the day. If you chose to help a "bad" team, you could have certain chances in the game to contribute to either team or not, to determine whose side you were on. For example, if you gave the Devon Goods to team Aqua instead of Capt Stern, they could pay you a sum of money and thank you. And after 3 times of helping Team Aqua, they gave you a uniform and gave you tasks to contribute to their cause. ( Or viceversa with Team Magma. However, if you did follow a hero's path, the game would have a happy ending, because when one power {water or land} overpowers the other, there are always consequences. )

That's just what I think. :)

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    If my idea does happen I think Steven is the champion Then in the after game the champoin will be Wallace, you can face Steven like red in the top of Meteor Falls.
    Thats really great idea actually. It will keep my favorite champion( wallace) while still giving Steven the status he deserves.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they did make remakes. I'd be pretty happy too. I liked Hoenn. I've also noticed a pattern in the remakes: Generation I was remade in Genreation III, and Generation II was remade in Generation IV. Remakes were made every other generation. So, I believe R/S/E (Generation III), will be remade sometime this or next year in Generation 5. If Nintendo ends up making a "Pokémon Gray version," then the R/S/E remakes will probably be made another year or two after.

Kind of like Gen. IV, when D/P came out, a year later Platinum came out, then another year later (or two, I forget) HG/SS (the remakes) came out. So, it's probably a reoccurring pattern.

Let me know if this was mentioned already. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    I hope that for ruby you get the red outfit and for saphire you get a blue outfit

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • The reason I think it's going to happen is they said they aren't making a Pokemon 'Gray' or any third installment for Gen V. So that's a lot of free time until Gen VI.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Ummm no they should stop at 5. There should be no gen 6 because gen 5 was the weakest that ive seen

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    nope that aint gonna happen because black and white sold far better than the series has for a while. thanks for playing the opinion game though.

The reason I think it's going to happen is they said they aren't making a Pokemon 'Gray' or any third installment for Gen V. So that's a lot of free time until Gen VI.

that was proven untrue months ago by the man at the top himself, as well as because Black and White are a very good example of a game that had to be released way before they really wanted to.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Ummm no they should stop at 5. There should be no gen 6 because gen 5 was the weakest that ive seen
    Ah, but that's only your opinion, and opinions aren't facts.
    In fact, for all we know, GameFreak could very well be planning the gen VI pokémon, as well as the third game and R/S remakes.

Remember kids:
    New Pokémon + new games + new fans + hardcore fans = LOTS OF MONEY!
    Nostalgia + hardcore fans + new fans + remake = EVEN MORE MONEY!

Put those two together, and you've gained millions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Well i dont know how they can keep going they are running out of ideas for the pokemon. Thats the reason i feel that there shouldnt be a gen 6, the pokemon of gen 5 i felt they just looked at past pokemon and changed the design for example, oshawatt looks like a spinoff of piplup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back