• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • That's true, they only added Lyra because there was no female protagonist originally in GSC and it was only after GSC they started to add them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    That's true, they only added Lyra because there was no female protagonist originally in GSC and it was only after GSC they started to add them.

There was a girl in Crystal, her name was Kris. For HG|SS they completely redesigned her and named her Lyra. The only thing they left the same was the style of her hair. That has been the only drastic change to a character they ever made.

Also Brendan's name will be changed, like every remake.
    The most they will do to Brendan is upgrade his appearance along with every other major character.

Last edited:

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • I would like something like this for them (minus the leggings|tights on Brendan) and in the Sapphire remake just make the red parts blue and make their bags red so it's opposite sort of like how it is here. It's Like the color and patterns of Groudon (Red with blue pattern) and Kyogre (Blue with red pattern).
    But if this were to happen, wouldn't their appearances be similar to Team Magma and Aqua?

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I want them do a Pokémon Emerald remake, this is because I'd rather catch both Kyogre and Groudon than have to choose between them. Plus I always preferred Emerald over Ruby and Sapphire, but that's just my opinion.

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • I want them do a Pokémon Emerald remake, this is because I'd rather catch both Kyogre and Groudon than have to choose between them. Plus I always preferred Emerald over Ruby and Sapphire, but that's just my opinion.
    It would probably be like HGSS, where it is basically Crystal, but split solely between the two legendaries, but tbh; you can catch one of the Hoenn legends in HG or SS, depending on which, so you could get the version with the legend you can't get (if you're that bothered anyway).

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Who knows, maybe we'll get information about a new game anytime, before they announce it, I think it happened like this before platinum announcement.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    That's true, they only added Lyra because there was no female protagonist originally in GSC and it was only after GSC they started to add them.

Which is a little weird considering that they originally had plans to have a female protagonist in Red/Blue. By that, I'm talking about GS, unless they weren't able to add one until Crystal.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I think an emerald remake is a possibility. R/S Ans emerald are so different in plot it would be impossible to fuse them without having to recreate the entire groudon/ kyogre story. Either they do that or they skip the emerald storyline out altogether and really just and in the battle frontier and battle tents to the remakes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I think you could fit Lance in the game by adding in a raquaza story line that doesn't involve kyogre and groudon. The anime never put raquaza in with kyogre and groudon. Why should the game have to? Have him and maybe Cynthia help the protagonist and Steven with the groudon kyogre crisis. Add in him working under cover with team Aqua/Magma like the anime did. I doubt Adler would be in the game. Professer oak should definetly be in thegames. I am not entirely sure how to imcorperate Cynthia. I would definetly add in Red or Ethan/Gold.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    ^Why should the game follow the anime? it doesn't make any sense at all since the game is what make the series, not the crap anime. IMO the three should make in together in storyline since they are trinity that complete each other.

Yeah, costume redesign. I hope they make awesome design like they did in HGSS for some plain looking character like Tessen(Wattson), Touki(Brawly), and Asuna(Flannery).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They will redo all the costumes I mean if they can make the Unova leaders look good surely they can do it in a remake, I can't wait to see the gym puzzles too!

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
    Years
  • I hope May's and Brendan's costumes in the remakes will be the same as the ones in Emerald. :D

IF THEY TOUCH THEM THEY WILL BE OBLITERATED BY RAYQUAZA >:(

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    It doesn't need a remake YET. The main remake reason was by the graphics (or so i think) and R/S/E isn't bad at it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I think an emerald remake is a possibility. R/S Ans emerald are so different in plot it would be impossible to fuse them without having to recreate the entire groudon/ kyogre story. Either they do that or they skip the emerald storyline out altogether and really just and in the battle frontier and battle tents to the remakes.
    From a making money standpoint wouldn't it be more sensible to have two verisons and have version exclusives maybe to entice people to get maybe get both games or if they have siblings their parents may only by the one game but if their is two different ones they buy both of them. Like was already said all they need to do is add aspects of Emerald.

It doesn't need a remake YET. The main remake reason was by the graphics (or so i think) and R/S/E isn't bad at it.
    The graphics inversely weren't great either. And several towns designs were rather bland. On top of that it gives them farther things to add to the game. It's been years since they were initially released so I think it's due time they are released.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • It doesn't need a remake YET. The main remake reason was by the graphics (or so i think) and R/S/E isn't bad at it.
    Ruby & Sapphire are almost 10 years old now. Plus it's getting harder each generation to migrate from them. RSE was not bad at all, it's just getting outdated and needs to be updated for the new generation of kids, which I don't mind at all.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ruby & Sapphire are almost 10 years old now. Plus it's getting harder each generation to migrate from them. RSE was not bad at all, it's just getting outdated and needs to be updated for the new generation of kids, which I don't mind at all.

I second that, to get Hoenn Pokémon over to BW you need to transfere to Pal Park that's one game, then use the Pokéshifter that's two games. They have made it increasingly difficult now and that's an opening for a remake and regarding the graphics.. they may have been good back then and a step up from RBYGSC but where we are at now DPPTBW, it's like comparing RSE to DPPTBW the graphics are now outdated as technology has advanced and the graphics aren't exactly up to scratch and as good as they potentially could be.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    The only problem that Amy occur is what to keep from the original r/s games and what to take from emerald. What people fail to remember is their were basically no plot differences in g/s and Chrystal. Red and Blue were basically Tue same game just with blastoise and charizard on the covers. That made remakes a lot easier to formulate. Emerald and sapphire had different champions and a different final gym leader. Ruby and sapphire had different enemy teams. Team magma had a totally different base in emerald than in Ruby. I will be interested to see who the champion is. My best bet would be Steven based on the fact that he is champion of hoenn in hgss. But keeping him as a post elite four battle similar to Red in hgss and Cynthia in BW might not be such a bad idea either.
    my point is the plot of the remakes will be very interesting to see.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2017
    The only problem that Amy occur is what to keep from the original r/s games and what to take from emerald. What people fail to remember is their were basically no plot differences in g/s and Chrystal. Red and Blue were basically Tue same game just with blastoise and charizard on the covers. That made remakes a lot easier to formulate. Emerald and sapphire had different champions and a different final gym leader. Ruby and sapphire had different enemy teams. Team magma had a totally different base in emerald than in Ruby. I will be interested to see who the champion is. My best bet would be Steven based on the fact that he is champion of hoenn in hgss. But keeping him as a post elite four battle similar to Red in hgss and Cynthia in BW might not be such a bad idea either.
    my point is the plot of the remakes will be very interesting to see.

Honestly, I hope the take the main plot elements from Emerald (The legendary pokemon fighting, and being settled by Rayquaza). I preferred the Emerald storyline over the R/S storyline. They should make all of the Hoenn legendaries catchable (excluding the latis) and just have different exclusive pokemon. Sort of like they did with HG & SS. If they did that, I would probably break down in tears from happiness. Lol.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Honestly, I hope the take the main plot elements from Emerald (The legendary pokemon fighting, and being settled by Rayquaza). I preferred the Emerald storyline over the R/S storyline. They should make all of the Hoenn legendaries catchable (excluding the latis) and just have different exclusive pokemon. Sort of like they did with HG & SS. If they did that, I would probably break down in tears from happiness. Lol.

I prefer the R/S storyline over the Emerald storyline - maybe I'm biased because I only ever played Emerald once or twice compared to the mountainous times I played Sapphire and Ruby. I don't want them to implement the entire Emerald storyline, though I wouldn't mind Rayquaza playing a larger role in the main plot. Rather than having different version exclusive Pokémon than the original games (HG/SS didn't actually do this... well, technically they did, but they stayed true to the original Japanese lineup), I think that they should just stick with what they had. What they should copy from HG/SS is the 'follow me' feature - even if it was just the starters, and some other Pokémon (rather than all 649), it would definitely entice me to buy it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back