• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I love Lunatone & Solrock and I think they should have SOME assosiation with the titles if they are something along the lines of Sun Ruby & Moon Sapphire I doubt it but there's always a chance and Hoenn never received enough credit considering how beautiful it was... IMO the best region by far especially judging on a scenic scale.
    Thank-you Intelligence, it is a great thread to talk about potential remakes!

blue

gucci
    Years
    I miss all the music from RSE.. after all they had the best collection of soundstracks and I'd love to see them remastered... that's one thing I'd look forward to in a remake.

I also loved this soundtrack from Hoenn.. (Remixed)

Last edited:

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    Oh, that sounds really good, Suicine! I actually can't wait for the music if there is a remake. I already have all of the 'current' Hoenn music on my iPod, which I listen to frequently when I want to feel awesome (i.e. when I'm walking around in public).
    I especially look forward to the remastered Wild Battle theme - that was my favourite.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I was about to write how it is far too soon for a remake of these games, but then I found out they were released in '03. This makes me feel REALLY OLD, because I still play them all the time. It also makes me think the time is right for a remake, and I agree that because they are not compatible with the 3DS, they should come fairly soon, maybe once the 3DS fully replaces the DS.
    Exciting!

blue

gucci
    Years
    It honestly doesn't seem like RS is coming upto it's 10 year annivesary next year. It seems like it's only a few years young I mean it's been almost 3 years since HGSS... how time flys eh?

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I really hope the R/S/E remakes are on the ds, because I dont have a 3Ds and I really want the Hoenn remake. Hoenn is my favourite region, it has the best pokemon and so much variety.
    I hope that Brendan/May get to use the final evolution of their stater and Wally should be involved more.
    Agreeing with moto imagine if after beating the E4 we get to launch the rocket at mossdeep and go to the moon. With only wild lunatones and solrocks up there. Then jirachi appears and is about to battle you. But then Team Plasma/Galactic appears and steals Jirachi. After rescuing her she finally battles you and you can catch her.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd like to see it on 3DS because I think that will make people buy it more, and that's what Hoenn needs.. more fans because it's so underated.. besides I think it would be the 3DS' best seller, either that or Mario Kart 7.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd like this game to be like HG/SS... And with no Unova Pokemons...
    Hope the remake would be for Nintendo DS!

Yeah, that's a good point... Hoenn might not suit Unova style graphics 3D. If they were to include Unova Pokémon it would only be a certain few and that would be post-storyline.

thefacelessone64

PokeBaller
    Years
    i believe that since they got rid of the gba cart compatability, "the pokemon company" (whatever happened to good ol' gamefreak?) will probably get around to remaking fire red and leaf green eventually. i immediately saw the loss of gba cart support as an opportunity for nintendo to re-release the first 3 generations. i just hope they drop leaf green, and make maybe sea blue or something instead :P

as for the rse remakes, i certainly hope they do! but not too soon, as i have yet to replace my stolen ds and my soul silver, diamond and black versions. as soon as i can scrounge up enough cash, that is. till then, i'm content with my emerald version, which i'm currently playing through atm. after my next paycheck, i gotta go get a copy of fire red so i can finally trade my complete pokemon collection from yellow and crystal to emerald, then transfer to platinum (i want that more than diamond, i wanna see what goodies they added), then to trade to soul silver, then to black. Nintendo sure likes to keep me busy...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I doubt they would reremake rby because the point of frlg and hgss was to make it so you could catch every Pokemon in one generation. They only kanto game I could see coming would be maybe a yellow remake but that's really it. I would bet the kanto johto ( the johto starter allready are available in emerald) and sinnoh starters will he available post game like in hgss. I just hope that the nontoxic starters are available before you complete the hoenn dex because doing that is a pain. I would bet Prof oak will make appearences throught the story and after Steven is defeated then he will give you charmander squirtle or bulbasaur and maybe Cynthia will give you piplup chimchar or turtwig. I would assume you get totodile cyndaquil or chicorita in the same way as emerald.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    i believe that since they got rid of the gba cart compatability, "the pokemon company" (whatever happened to good ol' gamefreak?)

The Pokémon Company were established in 1998 to deal with the larger Pokémon franchise as as whole. They don't make games, they just manage marketing events and oversee production of spin-off games by other developers.

GlaciaFox

A wandering Elite Glaceon
    Years
    7. If you talk to one of the people in the Celadon Mansion, they will say "We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want usw to mess with their good memories..."

that one was completely obvious. now, why would they say that in the first place?? also, in a game, hinted many times before.

when it does come out, im sure to buy it. n if they hint something in there as well, we're sure to know the pattern and know for sure if theres another one coming in.

i also noticed in black and white games after you beat the game that most of the pokemon you can get in the new routes are hoenn pokemon.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Tbh, that remaking thing I would more likely attribute to the fact that it's IN a remake rather than hinting at another remake.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Wait heres an idea. R/S/E remakes on BOTH 3Ds and the DS. I mean eventually I will get a 3DS but I'm not even old enough for a job yet for another year, so it's at least a year until I buy one. I think they would sell more copies if it was on both systems.
    What do you guys think?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back