• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Ryoko Legacy

Orophin

Gamer
Years
  • That was all I wantd to know, thanks.

Anyway, here are some new screens from myself and one of our head mappers, Roarscream.

Ever Rest City (By Roarscream)

Route 207 (By Roarscream)

Tanglewood Town (By Myself)

New Hope Town (Based on a map by PokemonMaster131)

Here are some sprites I made for it too:

This is Serezard, a combination of Charzard and Seviper.

This one is Metamence, a fusion of Metagross and Salamence. It was requested by Naruto of POL.

New Sprite. Mew, Deoxys and Kabutops fusion.

This is Chiyo, a sprite I've been working on. She is either going to be one of the elite four or a gym leader.

Damien, the 8th Gym Leader.

Xander, a gym leader.

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Man those tree events...
    Why don't you use a tile for that?

It will lag your game like hell.

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
  • Doesn't lag on my computer. As long as the events don't do anything, they shouldn't affect the game's speed, unless of course the computer you're playing it on is crap.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Yeah, but you could use tiles instead. It'd be much quicker and easier for you that way as well.

New Hope Town needs some sort of pathway on it, it looks kinda bare at the moment.

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
  • Man, you freaked me out. I saw you had replied to my post and thought I did something wrong again.

Anyway, the problem is the main part of the trees are layer 2 objects. The only way I can put the tree tops on and have it look right is to use events. (Don't forget, rm2k3 only has 2 layers and an event layer where rmxp has 3)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I don't only reply when I'm enforcing rules, I do give critique too.

But you can just have the bottom four tiles on the first layer, and the two tree top tiles on the second layer, that's what most people do. And that's how most chipsets are made too.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    On RMXP's Pokemon tileset, the bottom four tiles aren't transparent, so you can do what Dawson said. If it's no like that on Rm2k3's one, you should edit. Won't be so hard.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Even on RM2k3 chipsets, it's easy to do without having to edit. Unless you've made your own chipset from scratch. Take a look:

Notice how you have the trees overlapping on the first layer of the chipset, and then having the tree tops on the second layer. That's how I thought pretty much all RM2K3 chipsets were.

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
  • @Dawson: Not all of them are like that, but I'll probably do that from here on out.

Update: Here is another map from Roarscream. This is the next town, Calina Town.

Its going to have fog to give it a creepy feel as well as a darker screen tint than the other towns.

I made a topic for people to be Rocket Admins on the RL site, check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • The map is decent, it just looks a bit bland. I think you kind of overused the path tile, and those buildings look kinda dull. Maybe you could try and vary the positioning of the houses too.

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
  • Well when you're actually playing the game, this town is covered by a thick fog. This changes the feeling of the map entirely.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    The bottom-right building has a problem... it's top exit leads... to the trees.

You should fix that =~

@sandslash: can't you post anything other than "4th generation pokémon"? I mean, 12 of your 14 posts are the same: "will there be 4th generation pokémon?"... that really doesn't make a game good, you know...

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2015
    I wanna be a leader.

Name: Gym Leader Greiv
    Representing: Elite Four (Champ is possible)
    Sprite:

This was originally a sprite I made for Christos's game, Liquid Ocean for one of the admins of the supposedly "evil" organisation, but he didn't put it in, so yeah. I would love to be a part of this game.

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
  • You guy looks like he'd be suited as the head of team rocket in the game? I can give you that position if you want it?

Back