• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Here is another question. Never mind which gender is better I'm wondering what gender is more common. If I'm going to use a gender-specific attack, I'm going to want it on a pokemon gender opposite of the masses.
    Well, according to most sites (or Serebii, at least XD) most Pokémon are about 50/50 on gender. However after hatching about two full boxes of Houndour and another of Pichu, both of which have the 1:1 ratio...male tends to be more common. A good 80% or so turned out male. :|

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    As you can see from the above posts, males seem to be more common. So go with a female Pokemon with Attract. ^_^

Although a male with it would be a shocker to quite a few Blissey trainers around, XD.

As for my preference, it doesn't really matter. I may want the male for breeding purposes, but if I finally find a Pokemon with the right stats AND nature AND ability, I am not about to say "Oh, crap, it's female. NEXT!"

Unless I'm looking to get a Gallade or Mothim, that is. ^_^

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    Female pokemon are good for the move attract, since most of the starters are male. Other than that, gender doesnt really make a difference. I usually dont even notice what the gender of my pokemon is.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I tend to prefer Female Pokemon over male but I really dont mind which gender I get...Female pokemon can breed with a male of a
    different species of same egg type and yield a child...

IMO: the topic title is a bit iffy but i dont mind if you staff members dont mind...I just dont want a search spider to pick that up and bring in a wave of perverted spammers *shudders*

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Whoa... umm interesting thread title.

I don't have preference over either one, but I do wish I had some more female Pokemon to do breeding for.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    was it an issue in G/S/C? because some people claimed it made a difference.. this also could've been one of the myths of course for stat difference when EV wasnt known yet..

by the way; welcome back ;), great first thread.. the title..
    Wasn't it that females were supposedly slightly faster and had better defenses and males had higher attack and HP stats?

And, I don't have an overall preference, but I'd rather Pokémon genders be somewhat fitting with their looks. A lot of Pokémon fit with either gender, but some seem better as females and some seem better as males.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    The thread title seemed to scream out "LOCKED" XD

To be honest I really don't Care, unless The Pokemon look Masculine or Feminine (Like a Female Machamp or a Male Gardevoir.) In my current team, by coincidence, I have 3 Males and 3 Females. Also there's the new Gender differances, Like how stupid to the Female Sneasles look?

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    I like males because I like them better.

lol... nice name for the thread tho

Last edited:
    Years
    it depends i love both cuz i havde pretty and tough pokemon in my team foe example my shiny gorrebys is female it would be waird if it was male my shiny flygon is a male get et?

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    There isn't any stat difference now. There was in GSC when females (unless they were always female) all had crap Attack IVs, the males were the only ones with perfect IVs.

That being said, I want a male Zam because of the cool moustache that the female loses. And yet my perfectly bred Alakazam is female... D:

EDIT: For the record, all Gardevoir are female now. and the Hitmon line has always been male.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    It depends, some Pokemon just don't look right to me unless they're a certain gender (Gardevoir, Lopunny, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee come to mind right off the top of my head). Other than that, I don't really care.

haha you so forgot Machamp

aricarrot

Jedi Knight
    Years
    I actually like female pokemon a little better... unless it's a pokemon that LOOKS male or something (like female Mr. Mime really creeps me out). But my team is usually 3 girls and 3 boys with out me even noticing so I guess I'm equal!!

Yeah, the thread title sure is an attention getter...

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    I actually like female pokemon a little better... unless it's a pokemon that LOOKS male or something (like female Mr. Mime really creeps me out). But my team is usually 3 girls and 3 boys with out me even noticing so I guess I'm equal!!

Yeah, the thread title sure is an attention getter...

i think that a female mr. mime would actually b pretty tyt...

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Male pokemon are my preference. It's mainly breeding reasons, such as when I want to get a pokemon to learn a specific move such as one passed on by the father or an egg move.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I am a pokemon Breeder. I have been breeding uber pokemon since GSC. I recently lost a large crop of my best breeders. But, I would say picking one gender over the other is slightly daft.

Males yes, handdown skills, so teaching them TM's and HM's is best. But honestly how many HM's do you want handed down to lvl 5 pokemon, higher lvl TM's make more sense.

Females depending on what skills they know, can addin some great moves and such to the babies. (Yes I know they don't hand them down directly) But Skills such as Recover, if both parents know it, then the baby will. Insteads of having to have that pokemon lvl to lvl XX to gain that skill.

So gender really only matters for breeding, otherwise. Not so much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back