• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Shadow of the Wastes

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
  • One of the best? o^-^o I don't know about that...

Anyway, I don't mind putting in people as trainers... because that saves me the problem of having to figure out who my trainers are. It's especially nice when they can accept being a more-or-less normal trainer, so thanks. Although you forgot to mention if you were a Cooltrainer, or a Pokemaniac, or etc.

luker05

Banned
    Years
  • dude, i think this ones too developed to be in the scrapbox, its too amazing!! Im gonna try beta the day its out!

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
    Years
  • Ok, thanks. I'll get straight to work as soon as you give me a list of sort of songs you want. Something like this:
    1.Something Heroic
    2.Jungle Music
    3.Battle Music
    etc....

So let me know what kind of music you want. I'll check back here in a day or two.

PS: I write my music in midis with Anvil Studios.

Years
  • As I said this still looks awesome and if you don't mind putting people in as trainers here's one:
    Name: Alice
    Espeon(Of Course)
    Feraligatr(4eva)
    Altaria
    Crobat
    Dragonair
    Mawile
    K thanks!

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Okay... will trainer submissions PLEASE put down what TYPE of trainer it is? Cooltrainer, beauty, bug catcher... whatever, but I can't tell just from the name! ^^" I don't have a problem putting in people's trainers (it fits in with my hack very nicely, in fact) but I need to know what kind of trainer you are!

Yes, that means you too, WillBill. >,<
    Although I'm surprised at the name; the trainer is a girl?

Okay, Illuminknight, could you try something that will have the feel of a fairly quiet, but hardworking forest city/town? It's for the very first town, which is in the first post, in case the map will help you get the feel of the town. It should be a quiet piece, but happy and a little adventuresome. When you've got it, then I'll need to listen to it, and we'll go from there. Thanks.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • Hello agian! I bet your making some good progress on your hack hu? I noticed that a lot of people are wanting to be trainers but they must not be describing themselves well. I am still a trainer that can be part of a plot right? Its a cool thing you finally have someone to make music for you on the game. I wanna listen to the first tunes before they are on the game. Maybe you can make mp3s or something. You don't have to though...anyways, Kaylee keep this thing up! :D

Years
  • That seems a bit overpowered.
    really? ok ill think of some other pokemon that aren't overpowered or i will de evolve some...

Okay... will trainer submissions PLEASE put down what TYPE of trainer it is? Cooltrainer, beauty, bug catcher... whatever, but I can't tell just from the name! ^^" I don't have a problem putting in people's trainers (it fits in with my hack very nicely, in fact) but I need to know what kind of trainer you are!

Yes, that means you too, WillBill. >,<
    Although I'm surprised at the name; the trainer is a girl?

Okay, Illuminknight, could you try something that will have the feel of a fairly quiet, but hardworking forest city/town? It's for the very first town, which is in the first post, in case the map will help you get the feel of the town. It should be a quiet piece, but happy and a little adventuresome. When you've got it, then I'll need to listen to it, and we'll go from there. Thanks.

lol sorry, and well that was my pearl character's name just cuz she looked cooler than the guy but now i have the guy in platinum no worries.
    So just change it to WillBill, thanks! Ok this trainer shall be a Cooltrainer I guess since that's the best I can think of...

So new team:
    Name: WillBill
    Team:
    Espeon
    Dragonair
    Noctowl
    Croconaw
    Mawile

I still feel bad cuz i can't do anything but support:(

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • I am now ACTUALLY writing a subplot; yay me! It involves people being captured by Miraous (which are going to be in the game whether you can actually battle them or not). Sure, I've been working on the idea anyway, but now I'm actually writing it.

It's not going to be accessible until you're heading for the League, so don't expect to actually SEE it too soon.

Anyways, that said, I'd like to ask people to refrain from asking for plot positions. If you give me a good subplot idea or plot twist, then if I use it I'll certainly acknowledge you, and probably include you in it (if it fits). But, if you do that, remember that I reserve the right to change your idea to fit the vision I have for my game.

Also remember that I have 17-18 Gym Leaders, which means 9-10 extra sprites if the Mini-Gym leaders don't have their own sprites. Add my sprite, and two others for people who are close to me in non-electronic life, and... well, I'm kind of short on free sprites.

(I was just looking at sprites - and there seem to be quite a few "extras" from rse I could write over. But I still want to be careful with sprites until I know how much extra I have, especially since I have to make sure of how many OWs I have available. Besides, although most of Team Adauchi will probably have the same sprite {they're all cloaked and hooded in loose black} I do have to sprite them too, and... well, stuff.)

Just to make all this clear. I'll probably need to re-work my first post, and add a section about trainer submission and plot ideas, but until then - there's this. >.<

Last edited:

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • You said that i was part of the plot in a way. You said I would be some guy trying to fight off the darkness but was a little bit misguided and I said ok with that. I'm just reminding you of that.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Wow, everybody look, it's a CONTEST!!!

Yes, I wouldn't forget that, Legend... that post wasn't because of you...

Anyways, I am quite happy to announce my very first contest!

Rules:

It's a guessing game. :P
    Anyone who does NOT already have a part in the storyline of my game can compete!
    The answer I'm looking for is the answer I'm looking for. ;)

Here's the contest:

I was doing some sprites for the game just recently, of some people who get into a lot of trouble! I did NOT make them up; they're very well known.

If you're the first person who can guess who they are, you can feature in an event with them!

EDIT: We now have a winner, heatman2477, who correctly guessed Team Rocket!

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • As far as trainers go, I'll be a cooltrainer.

It's good to see that there will be some storyline to this. It is good to not be led around the game, but sometimes that leads to the confusion of the player.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Of course there's a story! You just find it by accident.

Don't worry, though, when it's actually finished I plan on putting out a walkthrough in case people get stuck trying to find one or another of the events.

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
    Years
  • Ok, I'll get right on it. I'm not sure exactly what you think will fit the town best, so I'll write a few sort of foresty themed tunes. Hope you like em.

So how do you want me to share them with you? By email or? I already have 2 ambient sort of songs done.

Note: I'm going to be on vacation from April 11-15, so you probably won't hear from me till I get back. I should however, have a few quick tunes for you before that. If you have any other sort of songs you want, please tell me what kind of thing you want. I think I excel sort of at ambient themes, and calm music, but I've done a few marches with a faster tempo.

heatman2477

think with your dipstick jimmy
    Years
  • related to the contest

im gonna take a shot at this even though i am probably wrong. the only well known trouble makers i can think of are jessie and james of team rocket. its probably to obvious to be them but i might as well guess them first.

(i'm pretty sure you haven't mentioned them so this is my first guess)

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • ^^ Actually, Heatman, you're right!
    Since you guessed it, you get to have a character involved in an event with them.
    I don't know if you'll get your own sprite since I'm being careful with sprites right now, so for now I'll ask for a name, trainer type, and roster (just in case the player battles you).

Illuminknight - hmm... PM'd. Thanks.

Years
  • ^^ Actually, Heatman, you're right!
    Since you guessed it, you get to have a character involved in an event with them.
    I don't know if you'll get your own sprite since I'm being careful with sprites right now, so for now I'll ask for a name, trainer type, and roster (just in case the player battles you).

Illuminknight - hmm... PM'd. Thanks.

Yeah, he was lucky. Anyways @ Illuminknight- I NEED TO HEAR IT!!!!

heatman2477

think with your dipstick jimmy
    Years
  • sweet i didn't think i was right. i didnt think it was going to be jessie and james. anyways

Name: Rocket Grunt Dave
    Trainer Type: Rocket Grunt Male
    Lineup: Houndoom- Abilty:Flash Fire/Flamethrower, Crunch, Facade, Overheat
    Breloom- Ability: Effect Spore/Mind Reader, Dynamic Punch, Spore, Giga Drain
    Haunter- Ability: Levitate/ Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater, Nightmare
    Slowking- Ability: Own Tempo/ Psychic, Surf, Ice Punch, Yawn
    Forretress- Ability: Sturdy/ Explosion, Counter, Substitute, Earthquake
    Donphan- Ability: Sturdy/ Defense Curl, Rollout, Earthquake, Ancient Power

I'm not really concerned about a custom sprite and if you want the lineup to be more Team Rocket grunt style i can easily change it. also i won't give levels, i'll leave that up to you based on how far in the game the event occurs so it matches the story. You could also just pm me or something and give me an idea on what your kinda looking for in terms of a trainer. i don't wanna make an uber team that wouldn't fit. i'm just looking forward to playing the game when it comes out and the bonus of battling my rocket grunt self.

Back