• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Test away buddy. Beta 3 is coming, YAY! Man I can't wait to see what surprises you put in it. You always got some nice little extras. Luck with it bud, I await patiently zel. Man I wish I had something to ask, but....nothing. :P

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
wow zel, the work you did on this, absolutely amazing, i never thought you had to go through all that. Here is the reason...

i tried some map revamping myself on Cinnaber Island to experince it myself... i thought it should look like this in your hack(When you get to Kanto of course). i actually had FUN doing this changing around the map stuff:laugh:

absolutely 1337

cinnabersgsa8.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
hmmm... i can't enter the light tower ( the tower near light gym ) . i can't understand why . plz share new ips patch fixed that bug .

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
Years
actually mewtwo and the original 3 legendary birds aren't available in gsc but zel said all the pokemon would be obtainable in the hack so i'm guessing they'll be in sg

wow i must have been high when i got them then... i mut have traded from my blu version... oh yeah now i remember! i especially remember trying to uber my mewtwo in red version.... sorry for the post then :embarrass

Iv'e Tried hacking myself and it never turns out as i originally imagined... because of my stupid text editor and scripter.... but i can map pretty well XD

Posted by Zel

Hacking Complex?-Don't get scared... An Hex-Editor is the tool I use mainly for when I'm searching for free space for my scripts, or when I need to fix stuff from my scripts (because I tend to make my scripts so compact that they overwrite themselves XP). Of course, there's some more complicated stuff that I do with it... I'm sure some other people, like the Gold hackers use it a lot more than I...

I get the same problem... Zel do you use Thingy32 for the hex editing? ive always had problems with that

Last edited:

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
Years
wow i must have been high when i got them then... i mut have traded from my blu version... oh yeah now i remember! i especially remember trying to uber my mewtwo in red version.... sorry for the post then :embarrass

Don't worry about it. Everyone has their mistakes :P

Like me. I used to think Mewtwo could be found in Mt. Silver :D I even thought I was playing the game and caught him.

Then, it turned out to be a dream. :D:D:D:D

Anyways, if there are special extras, I'll love to play the third hack (love = not love love, figure of speech XD)

Pah, I'm not good at saying anything else.

Although, I did have a hunch that Your Mum thing had to do with the Save Error...
Are you sure it's not one of your jokes XD

Good luck, and don't get mad at the people who love to post stoopid glitches XD

EDIT: Just noticed something: This thread is probably the most viewed and posted in the Hacks Section :D. Sweet!

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Test away buddy. Beta 3 is coming, YAY! Man I can't wait to see what surprises you put in it. You always got some nice little extras. Luck with it bud, I await patiently zel. Man I wish I had something to ask, but....nothing. :P

:P It also happens to me... in your hack, jaja!

Anyways, if there are special extras, I'll love to play the third hack (love = not love love, figure of speech XD)

Pah, I'm not good at saying anything else.

Although, I did have a hunch that Your Mum thing had to do with the Save Error...
Are you sure it's not one of your jokes XD

Good luck, and don't get mad at the people who love to post stoopid glitches XD

EDIT: Just noticed something: This thread is probably the most viewed and posted in the Hacks Section :D. Sweet!

No, my jokes are far better... When I'm motivated... But you'll soon see... XD

I don't think there are too many extras, besides the new trainers, and... Pikachu... Yes I put the rat in B3, you'll have to find it! (Just don't spoil it later!). I'll only say it is not too early, nor too late...

And... I think you are wrong, so far Jeremy's Ice is the most viewed, but otherwise this is the thread with the most posts, the most rated (which also means that having a 4.39 with 38 votes is not an easy thing...), and the second most viewed (right behind Ice, but... jeje... I'm gonna catch him :P)

Sorry for that... Well, as I am modifying levels and stuff for the Hard Version of Shiny Gold (which I'll just call "Shiny Gold X"), I'm taking screenshots. Most likely, tomorrow I'll start posting something more interesting... So please wait until then! See ya!

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2007
I found a few things. On route 30, after you give the egg back to Prof. Elm, on your way to Violet city, theres a few things wrong with the trainers that were battling before you gave the egg to him. I will refer to the bottom trainer as Trainer 1 and the top as Trainer 2.

Trainer 1's name is displayed as /1YOUNGSTER TRAINER1 in battle and re-battle(This name is incorrect, it gives the idea he trains youngersters. Check name in original Gold =/)

Trainer 2's name is displayed as YOUNGSTER MIKEY!(Should be YOUNGSTER MIKEY)

Trainer 2 hops up and down after you use the Vs. Seeker, but will not rebattle you.

I'll post any "bugs" I find as I find them.

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2007
I didn't see it in the not fixed list so I posted them.

Also, the bug trainer, that is next up the route, has an exclamation mark after his name.

The bug trainer on the route right before Violet is named

BUG CATCHER 2TRAINER/1

Check my preview post about the YOUNGERSTER TRAINER name.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
I didn't see it in the not fixed list so I posted them.

Also, the bug trainer, that is next up the route, has an exclamation mark after his name.

The bug trainer on the route right before Violet is named

BUG CATCHER 2TRAINER/1

Check my preview post about the YOUNGERSTER TRAINER name.

he knows about the glitches those r the trainers who will rebattle you later i think zel will probably fix that up later so theres no use in posting about glitches everyone already knows about

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Ya, he didn't post them on the first page since names aren't glitches nor bugs they're just reminders, in a way. If you go down to the early-mid fortys in this thread's pages someone else posted that reminder and zel told us what it actually was.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Screenshots Season Opens!

That's right, finally I'll start posting stuff about the upcoming B3!. As always, this two or three days I'll post things that are not-so cool, mainly some minor changes done to the B2 (Well, I don't want to call it "minor" 'cause it's work, anyway!). After that, I'll post the most interesting stuff. Meanwhile, I'm finishing the changes for Shiny Gold X (I couldn't do as much as I wanted yesterday, I had to go somewhere...)

Enough crap, here's the first set...

image02ri7.png
image03io2.png
image04xm2.png
image05za9.png
image06rd8.png
image07ab0.png

I know it still is not enough... I'll see if I post a few more today...

And, remember... The good stuff will come in a few days!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
AWESOME ZEL!!!!!

cant wait for more goodies! lol

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
Very Good as usual Zel, Silver sprite it's a bit shorty xD, but it's okay, hehe. At last you put the Runnig Shoes, i'm tired of walk and walk, it's time to run! I like all the screens. Keep it up Zel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back