• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Ok, if the funnytalking Rocket says he threw the part somewhere in Cerulean Gym's pool, WHERE exactly did he throw it? The Itemfinder isn't helping me at ALL! (I managed to get the Misty-date event to work)

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    OMG i love u!!!!! it actualy worked!!!! one problem..its like it gets stuck wen the screen about the help system comes..any suggestions?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Sigh... 4 pages... Wonder when this will calm down... :(
    Since there are 4 pages since my last post, I'll repeat it again:

*Patch the Beta over a CLEAN Fire Red rom, and do the usual checking on the save type and all that.
    *Start the game from the beginning, as that will fix a lot of problems with flags and most importantly events.
    *Make sure you can save the game with the normal Saving Menu, if you never took the time to fix that, then you could have the same problems as when you defeated the E4 at FR to do the Sevii Quest
    *There could be some more fixing, so my suggestion would be to hold on (I reuploaded the Beta with the Missing Part that didn't appear at Cerulean's Gym fixed, but you'll have to make the Amelia event at the Power Plant again)

Awesome music with the 2nd Silver fight Zel :P
    2 thumbs up

I am just wondering if this is supposed to happen when you battle him in Azelea
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

Why is the Rival(Silver) a black shadow with a Missingo next to it?

Well, that intro thing must happen in order for giving the Rival a different battle music (obviously, the idea is to replace that music for its classic GSC tune). It'll be as that every time you battle him. It's not a bug, but an oddity. And it'll be added to my list tomorrow.

Sorry for posting this but on the Route under Violet City my character keeps inverting color. Like his clothes and skin turn into the oppisite color it only does that when I am walking but in battles im normal so its no big deal

I found that too, and I re-released the Beta with a fix to that. The current one uploaded (which I think will be re-re-released tomorrow, with a few more bug fixes, and the X version) has that small "buggy" fixed

Umm, I am trying to get this to work..I know how to patch ROMs, I did it before with the other versions of the beta, but when I patch it, the game doesn't load. I just get a glitchy mess. the Fire Red roms worked fine before I patched

Don't really know what's your problem. Well, it could be the classic 128k thing, I guess.

PS now im at the place before the voctiory road and i see this read haired trainer with a pikachu standing about 10 steps away from him and it looks like its holding a journal. i cant clikc on them,nohing happens. what do i do?

You usually need to step on certain tiles to make events happen, if you avoid stepping on those (which you should normally do, that is, unless you cheat), forget about events hapenning normally.

ehh... i've got the gs ball and celebi...

anyway, what happened is, i picked a apricorn, went to azela... i saw someone standing out side of kurts house, but i decided to check it later... i enter kurts house, he says im busy... now, i check the person outside... its are good friend kurt... he gives me my gs ball back, says the forest it angry or something like that...

weird thing is, i never gave him the gs ball... heck, i never even FOUND the gs ball...

You came to Azalea from the Forest, right? Because you need to come from the Cave, in order to make the "outside Kurt" disappear, and the events happen normally. Did I say that you should start the game from the beginning?

Obviously, if you speak with the "Outside Kurt" without starting the game from the beginning will lead you to battling Celebi, even if you never obtained the gs-ball in the first place (well, you'll get it from the "Outside Kurt")

also, i think i found a glitch (well, im not SURE about it... i never did try this in gold)
    when you pay the toll to get to lake of rage you can pass through. but, i forgot something that time, so i had to exit... after i had got what i needed, i went through again... i was charged the toll fee again... im not sure if this is a glitch though.

edit again : its been a while since i played gold (or chrystal, and silver) but, isn't lances dragonite script supposed to active one you enter the building instead of entering, that takign a step foward?

edit again2 : meh, i walked down the path to the scientist, then back up between the tree and wall and activated the intruder script... the rocket guy walked to the middle, even though i was on the far side of the wall... shouldn't he move infront of your sprite or something?

edit again3 : meh, the part where you disable to generator, well you try to go to the other side, lance says leave this side to me. well, i started to take the elecrode down from the top down. i saw lances sprite outside of the room... i tried the other side, and i stil get the script that says leave this side to me... one question... is he psychic?

edit again4 : meh, im not sure about this,but the person that sells the rage candy bars that blocks you for leaving mohogany town... wasn't he supposed to say "sorry sonny, but im all out of rage candy bars" after you shut down the machine under they shop? im not sure about it though...

edit again5 : umm, in gold didn't ho-ho have scared ash when you capture it? i can't remember but i do think is was supposed to have scared ash...

The toll works like that.
    You can't activate scripts right after entering a building (well, you can, but doing so could result in a broken rom, so it's risky), so they must be activated after taking a step.
    There are many movement scripts at the hideout, so I wasn't too picky on how they faced the player.
    I skipped that part on his script, it seems.
    Hmmm... Yeah, I think the Sacred Ash could be added later.

I will make a map for you and PM it to you okaY?

Thanks for helping others. Post it in the thread, so it can help other people with the same problem.

I think Zel that you should use the TMs you used in the B4 preview (i.e. aerial ace) instead of the new ones (mud slap)

No, I like this way more, as it makes it a little more "Remake" (besides, there are a few moves in still, and Aerial Ace is one of those moves)

I love the new Ho-oh in the intro. It looks much better, and the smoke goes well with it. Great job. I can tell some major effort has been put into the new beta(s). I didn't try anything past beat 2 previously.

It wasn't meant to be smoke... ToT (my poor little clouds)

Please help me i can't find the stolen power plant thing in the gym where is it????

Well, due to a problem with Amelia's event at the Power Plant, the flag required to make the Part appear at the Gym didn't get executed. You'll need to get the currently uploaded version, and do the Amelia event once again, with an older save.

When you're at Cherrygrove City and the guide gent's showing you around, when he shows you the ocean, he's facing backwards (he's staring at the land instead of the water). And I don't really like the new trainer's backsprite. It seems... odd.

Too bad I like it :D
    And it's an old script of when I was learning to script, so it obviously has some problems. But it's there to remind me how much I have improved (I'll fix it sooner or later lol)

WOW!!! The version 4 looks great... But I cannot figure out where is the Stolen Part... I have searched all the tiles at Cerulean Gym... Question: is it important to find the part BEFORE battling Misty - Because I did so.
    [Edit] o_O is the Bill's Grandpa script working?

Same answer to the other similar post. Bill's grandpa's script works fine (at least for me), just put the required POKéMON in your party and he'll automatically check for the POKé he wants.

I was also wondering where you got your tileset (did you make it, or is it available for use) because it looks awesome!

I did it myself, it'll still be improved with time. And, I'll allow to use it, as I don't have sharing problems (unless every hack uses them, that could be boring and weird... O.o)

Do I have to start again from the start now? Or can I patch over the old Shiny Gold ROM?

No patching over an old patched rom. Starting from the beginning will give you less problems with the events.

You know how you meet Amelia on Cinawood? Well you can actually meet her before. Instead of me going from Ecruteak to Olivine then to Cinawood I went from Ecruteak to Mahogany and Amelia was standing outside the building Team Rocket was in giving me items O_O

Ah, yes, it's a continuity problem, and I'm not really caring about such stuff, as I'd need to be fixing my scripts and adding more stuff. But, yes, when it's all done, we'll see things more deeply.
    I was planning on kicking that guy, as I really can't guess where the dude's located for Amelia to avoid him. His location and Amelia's movement are like water and oil...

weird... anyway, after you beat the e4, it goes to the credits... out comes you player... then, gary?!? im not sure about it... but wouldn't carlos, or silver be better?

also, another glitch i found... well, i'll post it later after i get some screens of it... its so weird ican't describe it...

The endings are obviously not edited ('cause I still haven't really finished the game)
    If you have more glitches, first make sure to be playing the game from the beginning. I already noticed you didn't do that.

Um I battled a wild tentacool and it usedx outrage >.<

Proof? :P

I'm encountering an Error with farfetch'd in Ilex forest. He won't make any new movements.

"He won't make any new movements", like, it won't move at all? (shouldn't happen), or like, it went through the trees and stuck on that? Because it could help me if you post a screenshot on where the Farfetch was before it started acting strange. I don't want to guess which part of the BIG script is wrong.

Zel do you have an estimate when the next beta will come out

And, obviously, since I recently released the Beta, I don't have much time to think in the future.

But if all pokemon are in the game how are Jiachi,Deoxys,Kyogre,Groudon,Rayquaza,Mew, The 3 Birds,The Regis and all them O_O

With lots of events, you don't just find them in the wild, waiting for you to come and battle them. All the remaining legendaries will be available in the final release.

Argh... A bit tired on all that (and with not much humour, I need to rest...)

[EDIT]: By the way, if you see me around at the thread for some time, then it means I'm most likely making a post. You guys need to learn I need some time to write stuff, so avoid making posts. I ignore the posts you added after I finished making this long post. Let's not make this a chat, ok?

Last edited:
    Years
  • TM error in Dark Cave

I'm playing SG and I found this blackbelt trainer in Rock Cave. BTW, I am starting from the beginning. Anyways, the trainer is supposed to give you the TM Rock Tomb, but instead it shows up in the menu as Swift. Is it supposed to be like that?

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • All right, Zel. Your Beta 4 is excellent. New sprite for the male trainer in the Intro and new sprite for the trainer card.

Even the new sprites for Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr!

Very excellent.

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • @staraptor34: I've Pm'd you about the starters. Since I don't wanted to spoil you.
    Almost every trade pokemon evolve at LV40. Some others by stone or are only captured in the wild.

@Jerm: was answered by Zel before, it is because of the HM's activations for overworld are fixed on a certain badge location, that's why the badges are out of order.

@speedy954: It's best to delete the old save file and start over. Using the old save file might not activate new events.

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I've been using my save file from preview beta 4 for the new beta 4, and I'm using a clean rom, but when I beat Carlos after beating the Elite 4 and Lance, the game just ends at a black screen after the credits roll. I don't really want to play through the whole game again, because I really like my team, so if there's a way to make it work, someone please tell me.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Yay, The Heroine Works Now =D Zel, have you thought of having a mod lock the thread for a few days to stop the spam? Or ask a mod to check on the thread periodically to cut back on the spam?

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Really nice, Zel! The B4 is excellent! You inserted the D/P tiles, and the scripts are EXACTLY like G/S/C. The Male backsprite (and its animation) is really great. For me, it will be the Hack of the Year 2007. Keep up!

Years
  • Ok, im at Azela, and i talked to Kurt, he said he will make balls for me. Ok fair enough, im delighted. But, i got a white Apricorn and when i went back inside, he was at some desk and he said "Im working!" with his ego, and refuses to make me a ball :<
    Is something wrong here?

EDIT: umm...There is a spelling error at Goldenrod when you get the call from the Rival. It says: Huh? How did i got your number?
    it should be: Huh? How did i get your number? :P

EDIT2: in Goldenrod, in front of the gym, you talk to the rival, he walks away and suposedly disappears and goes somewhere where it can not be interacted with. Well tink again, he goes somewhere were he can be interacted with (and yes, i did search for this XD)
    screenshot:
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

yup, right there it is interacted with XD, then he walks to somewhere else, which i will probably find soon >)

EDIT3: i found him :3
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

You should fix this up, mayb make him go one more the the right XD, he cant be interacted with there. :P

Giovanni

Last edited:
    Years
  • I need help :P

I did what must be done at Lake of Rage and at Mahogany Town. I cleaned the rockets and had the GYM. Even prof. ELm called me. I know that the next step is Radio Tower, but I want to use Whirlpool that Lance gave me, but it doesnt work at Mt.Mortar :S What must I do?

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Wow, a rock blocking an entrance in the Dragon's Den.
    The rock says:"The path will only open to Dragon Masters".

Zel, is the event concerning the above rock already implemented or is that for the next beta/final release?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Please, help me.
    How and where I can obtain the HM Whirpool in the game?

Well its not a HM in this game anymore now you get a Clampearl from Lance when you kill those 3 electrode in the Rocket Hideout

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • ghost buster??? whats that and who do i talk to in jhotto for that

its am item that lets you id the ghosts blocking you from getting to route 4, and to the powerplantt. head to jhoto, eutreck city. head into burned tower, and fall down in the center. talk to moarty... he will fix it, after you beat him in a battle.

Wow, a rock blocking an entrance in the Dragon's Den.
    The rock says:"The path will only open to Dragon Masters".

Zel, is the event concerning the above rock already implemented or is that for the next beta/final release?
    i was thinking it would be reveled after you beat the e4... but,i haven't checked it yet.

Please, help me.
    How and where I can obtain the HM Whirpool in the game?

can't. zel had to keep fr orders for the hm's... and fr has no whirlpool tm... the clamperl you get from lance has it though

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2012
    Awesome hack. Love beta 4 so far... I found one glitch though.

I don't know how I triggered it but when I was going to Ecruteak from Goldenrod (It wasn't the first time I'd come from that direction) the twins with the clefairy and jigglypuff randomly battled me again with the name "Leader -edit-". Sorry if this was told already.

And can someone pm me how to get Squirtle? I can't find it anywhere but I don't wanna spoil anyone else though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I just found where Snorunt are ^_^ i wont say for people who dont wanna know but if you have common sence youll be able to know where i found it XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back