• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon snap

t3m4

T3-series utility droid
    Years
    Hey ppl! hey does anyone remember Pokemon snap 4 the N64? that game was awesome! for all the people that don't know about Pokemon snap its a game where prof. oak gives your character (an adventurous Pokemon photographer) a camera and a strange machine to ride in. every time you take a picture of a Pokemon that picture of the Pokemon would be added to your album!(sort of like a pokedex!) the more pictures of different Pokemon you collect, the more new places you unlock!

So for all of the ppl that don't have it what do you think? would you buy it? and for all of the ppl who do have it, what do you think?

nikoking

Pokemaniac
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    This game was a Revolution to Pokemon. Now we need a Pokemon Snap 2 for the Wii (Drools)

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    The biggest problem I had with Snap was that it was so short. I 'beat' it (meaning I photographed all the Pokemon) in less than a day. If they do make one for the Wii, it would be longer because of the new Pokemon, but I hope they also add some new content to it (sharing your pictures online, maybe some sort of minigame(s) or something), otherwise, it still wouldn't be very long, and probably wouldn't be worth the money.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    The biggest problem I had with Snap was that it was so short. I 'beat' it (meaning I photographed all the Pokemon) in less than a day. If they do make one for the Wii, it would be longer because of the new Pokemon, but I hope they also add some new content to it (sharing your pictures online, maybe some sort of minigame(s) or something), otherwise, it still wouldn't be very long, and probably wouldn't be worth the money.
    I think that's a really good idea. Being able to share the pictures you take online would be quite fun, and your friends would be like "Z0MG YOU REALLY DID HATCH ZAPDOOS EGG."

I would also like more places to take pictures. With 493 Pokemon instead of the 151 at the time of Snap, they'd probably need to add more places to take pictures.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Yeah, they would have to add more 'stages', or else there would be far too many Pokemon in each one. Hopefully, they would be able to come up with several unique stages, and not have several cave stages that are almost identical (except for the Pokemon found there) or something.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Yeah, they would have to add more 'stages', or else there would be far too many Pokemon in each one. Hopefully, they would be able to come up with several unique stages, and not have several cave stages that are almost identical (except for the Pokemon found there) or something.
    I agree, the number of repetitive stages on Pokemon Snap is ridiculous. It's pretty much either a river or a cave. (With the except of the level with Mew).

Pinta77

They need to add more options if they make a second one. It should be like "dead rising" like u can run aroundc and take out ur camera when u wish. Add battles too.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    It would be great for a remake, knowing that the Wii disk can hold alot more data than the Nintendo 64 game cartridges. I think It would be a good idea. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon all In a new Pokémon Snap! It would be the best game of ALL TIME! My copy of Pokémon Snap is kept clean at all times. It's really REALLY important to me. I love it so much.

Katsume

iRawr'er
    Years
    If they DO make a Wii version of Pokemon Snap, I hope they include a lot more of the new pokemon; and teh legendaries~
    I'd love to take a picture of a sleepy Pachirisu. XD (OmgSoKAWAII=3)

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I used to love that game so much. Looking up in my strategy book how to turn Kanghaskhan around or how to make Zapdos hatch.

I put it in a few days ago and I just couldn't play it. The game's controls were actually so bad that they frustrated me. It was good back in the day, but it phails now.

Still a great game though and I would love to see a remake.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I remember that game!
    When I was younger I played it on a Carnival Cruise. (:

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years

Yeah, I still say it should have been longer.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The game was nice and enternaining, not ZOMGEXCELLENT but... just fun.

If they made a remake, I would only buy it if it has good graphics, otherwise, I'm better off with GH5

Years
    Oddly enough, I recently bought Snap from Wii's virtual console. I honestly don't understand how it took me weeks to photograph all 63 (Yeah, there were only 63 in the game) Pokémon. Within about 3 hours I had shots of all of the Pokémon, all the "signs", and ... well, I was done with the game.

While short, it was still an amazing game for it's time, and I would buy the sequel without thought if they decided to make the game 21st-century-friendly and more expansive. One of the biggest let-downs this time around was the fact that the levels were only like 3 minutes long. They seemed like so much more back in the day.

Back