• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Snap!

Years
  • Pokemon Snap!

Pokémon are shy creatures by nature, and getting definitive proof of their existence is tough! Pokémon Snap shows just how hard it can be; Professor Oak has asked you to track down the elusive Pokémon and take photos of them in their natural habitat.

Traveling through a variety of environments, including caves, rivers, and jungles, you have to have a keen eye and a quick shutter finger to catch all the Pokémon in action. Professor Oak will reward you not simply for capturing Pokémon on film, but also for centering them entirely in frame or waiting for them to do something special for the camera.

Professor Oak knows how difficult your task will be, so he's thankfully handed over a few items to help you lure out certain reclusive Pokémon. Throw Apples into open areas to get Pokémon to step into view, or blow a few notes into the Poké Flute to wake dozing Pokémon from their slumber.

Well this game always seems to get people's votes for a remake or sequel, and deservedly so, it's wonderful! The cuteness is off the chart!

Share your memories of this game and let's all cross our fingers for a new one! Wow, imagine snapping over 700 Pokemon!!

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I adore Pokemon Snap, though I will admit it hasn't aged as well as it could have. This would be fixed with an update, but... sadly it's almost like GameFreak has completely forgotten about it... which is a shame since it has so much potential.

I remember getting Snap before I ever experienced even Stadium... much less the handheld games. So really, it was my first video game experience with the Pokemon franchise. This might be the reason I like it so much and feel so nostalgic towards it. I can't tell you how cool I thought it was evolving Magikarp into Gyarados through the waterfall, or finding the Legendary Birds. There was also FINALLY getting Scyther to come out. It took me forever to get a good shot of it, but when I did it was one of my favorite pictures I ever took.

Years
  • Pokemon Snap was a great concept and an amazing game. I loved it. I still have it and play it sometimes. It's just so much fun! I really would love to see a sequel, but there are too many Pokemon now. I feel like it would be different.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon Snap

We play as a character known as Todd Snap. I feel it's a unique name, and helps elaborate a little on who he is. He's a photographer, and his task in the game is to help Professor Oak gather data of Pokémon so he would be able to complete his report. Although we cannot capture Pokémon and battle against other trainers in this game, we are still able to take pictures, and that's our main objective. For a spin-off, I believe this is an interesting way to be going about things.

In future, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Snap in any way. If they could make this available to both Wii U and 3DS, similarly to how they've done it with SSB, I think that'd be even better. This way, more range of people would be able to enjoy it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think a Pokémon Snap sequel would be pretty nice. It could be like with Star Fox Zero where the player aims with the GamePad's screen through a first-person view, and gets a third-person view of the vehicle and the Pokémon around it on the TV screen.

Also, with all the Pokémon there are now, there could be many more courses, or a lot of different paths through each course. That and features like having to figure out how to wake or attract certain Pokémon should give players a good amount things to try on each course.

And it could have online features for players to share their photos, and maybe even hold contests like the ones where the winners got their Pokémon Snap photos used in Pokémon TCG illustrations.

Years
  • Also, with all the Pokémon there are now, there could be many more courses, or a lot of different paths through each course. That and features like having to figure out how to wake or attract certain Pokémon should give players a good amount things to try on each course.

And it could have online features for players to share their photos, and maybe even hold contests like the ones where the winners got their Pokémon Snap photos used in Pokémon TCG illustrations.

I like those ideas a lot! With all the Pokemon we have now it would be such a deliciously mammoth game, that we could enjoy over a real long period. It could work really well with Miiverse too, and competitions would be a cool bonus.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I haven't played Snap, but it's certainly an interesting concept. It would be great if it is made available for the 3DS! It would be great if we can capture all those 700 Pokémon from the core games!

Years
  • I like those ideas a lot! With all the Pokemon we have now it would be such a deliciously mammoth game, that we could enjoy over a real long period. It could work really well with Miiverse too, and competitions would be a cool bonus.

Thank you. I like having long term final goals on videogames, so I would want as many Pokémon as possible to be in the game. I hadn't considered Miiverse; it could be a good way to share player's photos and judge in contests through user votes.

Another thing I thought of is the locations. The original Pokémon Snap took place in an island, and a sequel could of course introduce new places to look for Pokémon to photograph, but it could also let us visit some places we already know and make them look really good.

Some of my ideas for familiar places are a course on Hoenn's Route 113 with Mt. Chimney on the horizon and volcanic ashes constantly falling all over the place, an underwater course of Seafloor Cavern where we can see Kyogre at the bottom, a Meteor Falls course that could feature Deoxys or Jirachi, and a Mt. Coronet course in which we travel outside through the snow, inside its caverns, and finish at the peak's ruins.

Back