• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Virus? WTF? There shouldn't be a virus... Unless someone hacked my site (It's not impossible... I have a friend who hacked hotmail) or something. Or maybe Enterbrain put some mutation strings in, or maybe they put some tracking cookie, or maybe they installed a nuclear bomb in all our computers that are going to blow up in ten minutes! Or maybe not.

What would change if I zipped all the files? Maybe the installer program I used contains a virus? The files themselves wouldn't change- the method of transferring them would. I just think an installer is spiffier.

Help! I don't want to be blamed for virusing ppl's comps when I didn't! (besides I'm covered in the liscense, but I must ensure customer satisfaction)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Date Discovered: 3/8/2004
    Date Added: 3/19/2004
    Origin: Unknown
    Length: 212,992 (Installer)
    Type: Trojan
    SubType: Spyware
    DAT Required: 4339

^That's what the information about the virus says~ It even says installer so it could be in the installer :O

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I had Norton Antivirus check the file, but I never discovered any virus.

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
    Well McAfee also looks at file names, so maybe someone on the internet had gotten a virus-infected RPG_RT.EXE, and it was reported, so the new McAfee virus data thinks all files that are named RPG_RT.EXE are viruses.(maybe)

DeathChill said:
    Date Discovered: 3/8/2004
    Date Added: 3/19/2004
    Origin: Unknown
    Length: 212,992 (Installer)
    Type: Trojan
    SubType: Spyware
    DAT Required: 4339

BTW, how is a trojan also considered spyware?

IMPORTANT EDIT: oops, i need to correct myself. the program that McAfee discovered was actully the installer, PKMNLunar_ED.EXE i think.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Hmmm... Well, I'm going to update the PC system, maybe add a real-time date/month/time system, and proably have seasonal changes (ex: trees w/o leaves for winter, etc). I may also add to the pokegear part of the menue. Maybe a radio, a mini map, and stuff like that. And I was thinking of an energy meter for running boots. That's all I can think of right now.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, I don't know if this'll be any help, but one thing people will be
    concerned about was the Real Time. So I decided to either have a
    place in the game where you can forward in time. And another solution
    is to have the abillity to configure the time in your house clock.

So then it gives you the option to add seasons, years, e.t.c.
    Hope this helps.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Good idea! Rm2k can't keep up with the "real" date, but it can be replicated as long as the game is running. It's gong to be really easy- it'll just take a few variables. And you know that clock in my PC that gives the time? I think that will be the time config button!

And I already know how I'm gong to do the visual seasonal changes! Sweet!

Back