• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
    I was trying to test play my game yesterday (before a certian thread was closed...((><)) oh,well.) when it said that I needed a starting position for my party... the only problem is, I don't how to "make a staring position for your party"... so I'm quite stuck. Anybody know how?

I have a few questions for you Darkmage how did you get it where your game was on the internet? I'm asking this because I would like to put it on the internet so that if somebody wants to help me make the game, they can. Only I warn them that I have barely started, so there is not much, but I'm taking it slow because I'm working on it alone...
    My last question is how do you get it to where the all the stuff in the database is pokemonized? ex: the hero will not have attacks, no swords,etc...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Now that we've got a subforum for rm2k you don't need to post in the help thread. You can make your own for more specifics (unless our friendly community mod says otherwise). That's why it was closed.

Go to event mode editing (F7) and choose the map you would like to start on from the heirarchy on the left. Right click on the tile where you'd like to start and choose: "Set Start Party Position." Click it, and you're done! TEst play and you can move around!

To get your game on the internet, you have to get webspace. Don't be intimidated though- it's remarkably easy. You can pay, or you can get it for free. For free webspace, sign up with one of these: www.tripod.com or www.freewebs.com. If you have no website design experience, I'd recommend freewebs because it's easier, and the sites made are much more pro looking. However, there are less options for customization and the like. There are also other sites like www.50megs.com that will host your website for free, but tripod and freewebs are the most popular. So, once you signed up, you can either code your site in HTML/CSS/Java, or use "sitebuilders," or easy step by step templates and customizations. Most people use the latter option.
    ___
    "Pokemonizing" your database? That requires some creativity. There's no one way to do it, like a button to press or whatever. My recommendation is to check out www.gamingw.net and download some pokemon games there (Pokemon 2k, Pokemon Galaxy, RM2Kemon) and see how they do it. You can always look at my game and see how I did my battles and everything. The most straighforward way is probably in Pokemon Galaxy. It's simple, effective, and pokemonish.

Years
    i got a cool game out too. good job dark_mage31
    when will the new game be out withthe windowz thingy?
    soon? i hope well good work homie
    if i ever say homie again shoot me. homie.
    *gets chased by DM31 with a rifel*

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Well, I should be ready to update, but my site is down. When I get a new one up, I'll update. I'll let you all know my new site in my profile, this thread, and my sig.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
    This is probably a stupid thing to ask... but exactly what is a Moderater?
    Who are they?
    What do they do?
    And...(not to trying to sound rude, but I would like to know) how did they become Moderaters? Were they voted for? Or did they MAKE the site? that would make sense... or did they just decide to be better than everyone else?
    THAT would not make sense. I believe they made it... but I'd like to know.

And yes, curiousity killed the cat. In other words, I am dying of curiousity to find out about them.

Years
    ill explain
    Moderator *aka mods* run PC. they keep out all they bad stuf. close threads and watch ouit. they can also edit posts. Naw they didnt make the site. but they help keep it up.
    Admins made the forum. This really belonged in the questions and feedback part but im sure the mods and everyone will excuse that because you really wanted to know.
    ps dont ask to be a mod cuz then your chances will be lower.

Years
    a moderator is the guy in charge of everything, maintaining threads, watching out for rudeness, closing down useful threads for no particular reason.. GRRRRR......

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Board Owner (Admin): Made the board, has total power to change the content, graphics, and everything about the board via an "admin control pannel" Total supreme power

Praetor: This is PC specific. Kairi is the only one so far. It's basically a Super Mod with access to the Admin Control Pannel

Super Mod: A moderator with powers to move, delete, sticky, edit, close, open, etc within all the forums, or topics. They can also ban members I think

Mod: A person with powers to move, delete, sticky, edit, close, open, etc within the confines of his/her assigned forum. They can also ban members I think.

Member: Rights to post and edit their own posts

Verfying: When you signed up for a message board, you username is listed, but you can't post until you confirm via an email message for account activation

Banned: People exiled from the community

That's the food chain for ya!

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
    DarkMage31 said:
    Yeah! It would be a great idea to access mini games (computer games) via the PC! Thanks MissingChu! Sure, I'll have a shooting one! Ever play "Pokemon: The Evil Inside?" You have to kill all the pokemon. It's really funny! Maybe I can do a spinoff of that.

If anyone ever needs pokemon sprites, The Evil Inside (1+2) has almost all of them.

No problem, after all i made a DOOM RM2K game(not rm2k3) long ago but i thought the idea was stupid so i deleted all my hard work :(

I would like to also say that my birthday is on Tuesday! YAY! :cool:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Thanks to rm2k3kid, I now have animations for the grass when you step in it and dust animation for jumping. Also inspired by him is the door system that I never got around to doing for the other demos. I have to alter graphics and stuff though. When I get a new site up I'll update.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
    Thanks. All you people out there realize what that means? It means I am now going to respect ALL authority figures, on and off the computer...

Anyways back to the task at hand... oh yea! My hero walks! Huh? What's this? Why does he have a green block around him? And I cant get him to go into the houses even tough I did the teleport thing... That and how do you you get chipsets for the inside of the houses and what not? And how would I get the pokemon to appear? What about the catching thing? And I might of mentioned this before, but my computer has blocking software on it, so I can't go to a lot of Gaming sites... in fact, if the website says "Game" then I can't go to it... look at my location... so have a favor to ask... could somebody attach get rm2kemon and attach it to a post? Anybody that helps is put in the credits, even though I wish I could get it myself... *thinks of ways to destroy the blocking software* well that's all for now.
    9:13 am-Darkmage thanks for the help with the mod question. I just noticed though, your online... (I've been looking to see who's online when I log on)
    so I thought I'd ask how your game and site are coming along.
    Good Luck to Everybody!

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    He has a green block around him because you didn't select the correct transparency color. Go to the Import/Export Resource Manager and re-import the charset. Then a window will come up, click the background color (the green) and that will become transparent.

Make sure the teleport event is accessable. If it's set "Below Hero" and over a non-passable chip, you won't be able to step over it because you are blocked by the non-passable chip.

You're just going to have to find a chipset for inside a house.

Ikakuni? posted a simple little catching tutorial somewhere around here.

you don't have a comp at home? Oh well... I think the file would be too large, but that's okay. Maybe I can directly link to the file... hold on a sec...
    Try this:
    https://www.gamingw.net/file/games/Rm2kemon.zip

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
    DarkMage31 said:
    He has a green block around him because you didn't select the correct transparency color. Go to the Import/Export Resource Manager and re-import the charset. Then a window will come up, click the background color (the green) and that will become transparent.

Make sure the teleport event is accessable. If it's set "Below Hero" and over a non-passable chip, you won't be able to step over it because you are blocked by the non-passable chip.

You're just going to have to find a chipset for inside a house.

Ikakuni? posted a simple little catching tutorial somewhere around here.

you don't have a comp at home? Oh well... I think the file would be too large, but that's okay. Maybe I can directly link to the file... hold on a sec...
    Try this:
    https://www.gamingw.net/file/games/Rm2kemon.zip
    One big ACCESS DENIED appeared... but I don't think thats it.
    The rest is all go!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    I'll look for another link for you without "game" in the URL. I'lll let you know when I find one.

EDIT: MY WEBSITE IS BACK UP! It is really new and improved. The download link to Pokemon Lunar is available, but it IS NOT the updated version. I'll update later this week. The address is (drum roll please) www.darkmageclub.tk

Free domain! Woot!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Hey DM, i finally got to play your demo and i gotta say i'm impressed. the cbs is great but i noticed that when pikachu used growl it decreased defence when it is supposed to decrease attack but other than that its great.
    Oh, and where did you get the pokemon chipsets from because mine are too light. Take a look...

Back