• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Soulstones [POSTGAME RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2021
    I just reloaded my came and now its verry laggy/choppy and keeps crashing. i was softresetting for Epoch Ducklet if that matters

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    I just reloaded my came and now its verry laggy/choppy and keeps crashing. i was softresetting for Epoch Ducklet if that matters

No idea what might be causing this. Do you have the speed-up enabled whereas previously you did not? The native speed up function (activated by the W key) results in frame skipping that creates the appearance of lagginess. Are you resetting while on full screen because that causes crashes and is a known bug.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2021
    I repatched the game (redownloaded Part 1) im not in full Screen and no speed up. Im getting [Critical Error C0000005 at Adress 100717E6]

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    I repatched the game (redownloaded Part 1) im not in full Screen and no speed up. Im getting [Critical Error C0000005 at Adress 100717E6]

That kind of error only pops up when you're on full screen as far as I know.

If you're not on full screen and it's still popping up, the only thing I can think of is that you didn't patch the game properly. You might need to try deleting the entire game folder and re-downloading both Part 1 and 2 again and re-extracting like you did when you first started. Then make sure you're not on full screen when you're soft resetting. The save file is stored elsewhere so shouldn't be an issue to do this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2021
    That kind of error only pops up when you're on full screen as far as I know.

If you're not on full screen and it's still popping up, the only thing I can think of is that you didn't patch the game properly. You might need to try deleting the entire game folder and re-downloading both Part 1 and 2 again and re-extracting like you did when you first started. Then make sure you're not on full screen when you're soft resetting. The save file is stored elsewhere so shouldn't be an issue to do this.

Where is the game file stored. ima try resetting everything

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
    What an amazing fan game this is! Superb story, amazing features, cool new pokemons, beautiful maps and so on. It's just amazing. The dialogues are slightly longer than expected, but I can bear with that since they are important in the progress of the story.
    I was wondering if you are going to add some more Epoch Variants in the next update or what? Haven't seen any Fairy/Fighting or Ice/Ground variant and would love to see them in game.
    Anyways, I am loving Soulstones and wish you luck with the project...

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    What an amazing fan game this is! Superb story, amazing features, cool new pokemons, beautiful maps and so on. It's just amazing. The dialogues are slightly longer than expected, but I can bear with that since they are important in the progress of the story.
    I was wondering if you are going to add some more Epoch Variants in the next update or what? Haven't seen any Fairy/Fighting or Ice/Ground variant and would love to see them in game.
    Anyways, I am loving Soulstones and wish you luck with the project...

Thanks. I am glad you liked the game. The game is complete as far as major story and designs. The only thing that is due to be added later will be unique legendary quests. But that is lower priority as I focus my attention on another new project I have begun.

Therefore, I am not adding anymore variants to this game but they will be featured in that other project. Not much to share about that project at this time though.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    So, uh, I tried downloading this twice, but the game doesn't have any sound?
    How do I fix this?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Huh. I unzipped both into the same directory simultaneously.
    I'm sure I got both.
    What could I have gotten wrong?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hmm. Well, it seems I can't extract both parts simultaneously.
    I know it's required for some games, but apparently not here.
    I'm just extracting parts 1 and 2 into a premade folder. Would that work?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    That should be fine but referring to the instructions in terms of how the installation instructions work is your best bet to make sure it is successfully installed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    A lot of the shinies that I've caught (in the wild and not in grottos) have their Hidden Abilities. Are they more likely to have their HA if they're shiny or have I just been getting incredibly lucky?

EDIT: Also does Compound Eyes work as intended? Trying to get Light Balls and such but maybe my luck only extends to Hidden Abilities.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    All Pokemon, regardless of being shiny or not have a 30% chance to spawn with their hidden ability. Grotto mons are guaranteed to be shiny, have their HA, and have perfect IVs.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
    Hmm. Well, it seems I can't extract both parts simultaneously.
    I know it's required for some games, but apparently not here.
    I'm just extracting parts 1 and 2 into a premade folder. Would that work?

I extracted both parts separately and then copied the sound folder to the main folder, and voilà! It worked.

@Jos_Louis
    Well, that's fair enough. I loved every aspect of Soulstones, especially the story and variants, to say the least. I am suggesting some more type combinations like Fairy/Poison, Ground/Fairy, Water/Electric, Rock/Flying etc., for your next game, hope you find them interesting.

Looking forward to your next venture, mate!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2022
    Hello,

For the life of me, I cannot find the hidden grotto in Sleeper Spire, really want that shiny Aegislash.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hello,

For the life of me, I cannot find the hidden grotto in Sleeper Spire, really want that shiny Aegislash.

You need to make sure Switch 2 is activated on the 2nd floor (the one with the invisible walls), then take the left most door on the 3rd floor (i.e. the floor with the jumping void spots).

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2021
    How do you soft reset on the game I can't figure out the keys for the keyboard and what button is the speed-up button?

Back