• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    I don't remember how I really got into it exactly. I like to browse and research things and I think just one day I noticed a mention that there was a Pokemon manga closer to the games and how one of the creators (I forget which) originally imagined the world of Pokemon to function. So that peeked my interest and I started reading up on it.

I liked that the story was more mature and featured more characters who were more interesting than a lot of the anime cast. (Don't hate me, anime fans!)

Actually, until...a week ago, I had only been able to actually read through the Yellow Saga with a combo of very incomplete physical books/summaries, so MangaFox is my new best friend, ha ha. It let me catch up a lot and the further I get, the more I enjoy the series. <3

Also -- chanchimi, I just returned myself, but hi there! =)

Years
    I remember during the summer I just started reading this manga. I had a part of volume 1 for some reason at home and read it years ago and then I lost it. So I wanted to see what would happen afterwards. I might be late on this but these scans are awesome. Don't feel ignored Dai and chanchimi, somethimes i feel ignored as well not in this club but on other sites.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    To be frank everyone, I thought I was the only one being ignored. I thought I should start posting more...but....That's life =/

Really? Well, you seem less ignored than chanchimi :/ And I usually notice you on...

And Shaq, Dai is not ignored. Dai is the one translating volume 29 for us XD (Dai, you should translate VS Vileplume II and so on and put it on Manga Fox for us to read!!!) But chanchimi, until now, yeah...

But yeah, "Beauty is my religion". I'm gonna start calling it "Beautianity" XD

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    *Sniff* *Sniff* I think we're all having one of those warm, emotional moments you only see in sicoms.
    Nobody here should feel ignored. Group Hug?

I remember when I first read PokeSpecial It totally spoiled the Anime for me. One minute I was like, "OMG, Ash got a new Gym Badge!" then after reading RGB saga I was like "Geez, It took him twelve episodes to get a new badge? FAIL."(Keep in mind that Red got almost all his badges in two volumes)

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    Finally been able to atch up on the past 15 pages or so...
    Thanks for posting those scans..Umm...Chinchimi and...The one iwht the name with the characters I can't type.
    ^___^

Oh gawd, I can't wait for that to be fully translated it looks so epic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I like those scans of Volume 29. I mean it is legible and I can understand what it is saying. I lot of people seems to expect perfection in grammar. I mean no ones grammar is going to be perfect. I make some grammatical mistakes in English and it is my first language. At least I got another look at the pages and in this manga. I have yet to finish reading the reminder of Volume 28 because it is not on the internet. I will just have to wait and be patient I guess.

Now in the post about the anime. I would like that too about the anime. I watch the anime from the Kanto to Sinnoh saga, but when I began reading the Pokemon Special Manga I became uninterested in the anime because I thought that this manga storyline was more better epic. This is my opinion though.

Last edited:

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    :is a copy editor:

Grammar does not need to be perfect; people who speak completely in perfect grammar often sound a bit stiff, especially in written dialogue. That doesn't mean writing should ignore grammar, not at all, but I really don't think anyone here is complaining that someone was kind enough to share scans and translations, or saying all the translations should have "perfect grammar," just that a smoother translation is easier to read.

If you want confusing translations, look at the most recent chapter on MangaFox. It's so difficult to figure out a lot of the translations, I'm not sure what's going on. @_@

Spoiler:

I rushed through this, but I rewrote Silver's profile a little. I took some liberty in a few parts, like the last line, in attempt to help it make sense based on the information available. (I'm no translator myself.) It basically is the same information, rearranged slightly to make it easier for the reader. I'm not trying to be mean at all, as the translation was already not bad at all, I just wanted to share how little things can change the flow and feel of a passage. =)

Years
    :is a copy editor:
    If you want confusing translations, look at the most recent chapter on MangaFox. It's so difficult to figure out a lot of the translations, I'm not sure what's going on. @_@

Hey Ryan Cheyong worked hard on those translations D= He's Chinese so try to be a bit more appreciative. But Try to edit it since I do agree that it needs some work. =/

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

As soon as I saw this, I thought another chapter was FINALLY put up XD I still say Dai could translate the chapters following it and upload them on Manga Fox ><' 'Cause I don't want to wait any longer to read this stuff, and I'm sure others feel the same XD

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Snap, I looked at Daigo-san's signature and thought it was a real scan for a moment there. xDDDD

Anyways, thank you Daigo-san and chanchimi for the nice scans and translations. The grammar is perfectly fine to me. Oh, and Tangerine Fox, nice job redoing Silver's profile.

Oh gawd, I can't wait for that to be fully translated it looks so epic.

Me too~ -bounces up and down in chair-

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Yes I know that everyone should not ignore writing and try to improve writing skill the best they can however those scans of Volume 29 are legible, but if a person thinks that they need that the scanlations need editing they can fill free to do so.

Yes I saw the translation on mangafox. I do not want to comment on them though because people interpret in the wrong way.

So does anyone knows the title of the chapters in Volume 29.

Last edited:
    Years
    Improper grammar to the point where one is confused about the meaning of a sentence isn't really acceptable, in my view. I appreciate that Ryan Cheong has worked very hard on the scanlations, but his translations could have been improved by passing it to a native English speaker, who can look through it and edit where appropriate, in exactly the way Tangerine Fox has done to Silver's profile. When translating from foreign languages I find it very easy to flesh out a full sentence - one that isn't necessarily a word-for-word translation - once I know the principle nouns and verbs, etc.; syntax and grammar comes naturally to me, I find.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    *laughs heartily* You're all thinking the same way I've been thinking before my change. *winks* That's why I thought to myself, if I don't want to be an outsider, maybe I should try to "blend in", and so I did! Seriously, I did feel like I was being ignored, and I blamed myself for not being a "fan-fan" of Pokespecial. I do feel better now, and try to be more active in here, even if no one's looking at my posts. I'm used to it anyway.

I remember it was a cold night, about three to four years ago, when I first heard of the manga. All I read were summaries from a guy named Coronis, from Serebii.net. And those swept me away (I think I started from the first volume and up to the end of the G/S/C arc). And earlier this year, when I finally started reading the manga, I wondered, why was I a fan of the anime? This manga virtually blows it away.

About Vol. 28, yes, Ryan Cheong is the one translating (as best he can). He has his own site, or you can PM him about getting it. Mangafox has a nasty reputation to its scanners, so he stopped scanning there after the first two chapters of 28. I don't know if he has the available resources for proofreading his translations.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Yes I also use to read the summaries on serebii and this manga was interesting when I read the summaries, but I never got to see the actually scenes until I read until this manga online. Also I alway wonder where they came up with the character names and I eventually figured out the characters were named after the Pokemon video games.

Last edited:

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    I bring more candy >< I like candy! In translated pages from Volume 29, only pages where I found funny though:
    Spoiler:

Also a few more memorable scans:
    Spoiler:
    Comments in bold and in spoilers.~
    And I bring up fanart.~

LOL Oh Red... *facepalm*

And self-made.~

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    There appears to be new members *glares* welcome.

You guys we need a topic.
    *thinks...*
    What would the cast say when they all meet up?

Might answer later. Guess what I just ordered volumes 8-15 and 28 off ebay! I'm so happy!

Edit-Like the pics Valentine.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Mika555 said:
    Also I alway wonder where they came up with the character names and I eventually figured out the characters were named are the Pokemon video games.

That's exactly what I thought too.

Liking your art and that other comic you posted, Valentine. Even if the "normal" thing to was battling, it would get boring quick. It's nice to "expand the horizons", so they say...

Years
    Masa is back~! She missed a day of the club yesterday...but also got a day off from school. Uweeheehee. >3

Oh mah sweet Latias, I missed a lot. @_@ And some club drama, too. We should all star in a soap opera.

Anyways.

Dai, the scans are pure epicness. 8D Thank youz~!

Pikataro, the pics of characters dressed up as other characters is hysterical. The lawn gnome's wearing Green's clothes?! O_O And Blue looks cool in Ruby's outift. I can actually see her exclaiming "Beautiful!" o.o

Valentine, the comic made me laugh. XD Ahahaha, Poor Red. He's normal.

Also, how Masa got into PokeSpe goes like this:

She was over at a friend's house, and then her eyes happened to wander over to where a bookshelf was, which was where a copy of "The Best of Red" laid. I read it and was like, "Pokemon with actual violence?! 8D" One day in a bookstore I got my own copy as well as "The Best of Yellow", and then after practically memorizing both of them, I did some research on teh internetz, which lead me to Mangafox. That was about a year ago~ Last July. Or something. Anyways, I've been obsessed with it since! Good times, good times. :'D

What would the cast say when they all meet up?
    Uhh... There would be lots of arguing, yes. Over what, I'm not really sure. I can see Platina, Ruby and Blue getting along really well, though. xD And Pearl and Sapphire.

Which reminds me, new shipping, anyone? 8D Um, I'm trying to come up with a good ship name for Pearl x Sapphire. Even if it's not taken, I think "ViolentShipping" isn't original enough... >_>

Gyah, long post. @_@

EDIT: Stalker~! Hi. -prods-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back