• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Heh...

Ummm...My life story on PokeSpe: (Just copy and pasted it from my reply to Mitch =P)
    Well I've known about it for around a year now? I think it was through Dogasu's Backpack that I found out about it. (But also ZOMGFTA also had a scanlation of the Gold saga for download...I didn't even care back then 'cuz I was into FMA instead on their Website....about the same time I found out about Manga viewing Online) I tried looking for it franticly at first and tried downloading from DragonGuard (But it took FOREVER) so I searched for it on Google and landed in OneManga. They only had until the Yellow Arc because they didn't accept "Official Scans" of Chuang Yi and instead used DragonGuard scans. Then I found out about MangaVolume which had a little of the Gold Saga alongside the Viz Translations until the Yellow arc. After a while I was soo into Pokemon Special I searched high and low in Google for manga Viewing Websites and found MangaFox An Arceus send back then...It had EVERYTHING till the RS saga back then...I became active in PC in the Summer too, so I advertised MangaFox in the Manga Sub-Forum. I then finished the PokeSpe Volumes 'till Emerald (As people started releasing them on Mangafox 'specially Ryan Cheyong/Wallace Berlitz and the old scanlators such as Avegaille..look at the old release threads) I mean if you look at the message board on mangafox the spike in activity occured during the summer...And I looked at Both Bulbagarden and Serebii's Forums and saw that most people only settled for the summaries (w/o knowing about MangaFox. No offense to Coronis' summaries...I'm just too lazy to read and would rather wait for scans XD)
    That's basically it for PokeSpe and me. =P

What would the cast say when they all meet up?
    Uhh...I think basic intro's will be done and something like the end of GSC will occur. =D
    The Change dressing fanart: Awesome, never really thought that anyone would bother to do it.ViolentShip?...appropriate but XD

Last edited:

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Val, your art is cute! I really like how you did Saur. I think he's tricky to draw, so I'm impressed! =)

I sketched out some more Wild West ideas at lunch today, but I left them at the office. Oops. So if I don't pass out from this storm, I'll try to redo them soon. Smooth move, me. |3

Also -- I'm really sorry if I sounded that way, but I'm not unappreciative of Ryan Cheyong's work! I'll try to make the wording a little more polite since it seems that way. It's hard to get copies of anything where I live and I can't translate things myself, so I enjoy seeing things; I just think the translation was confusing and difficult to understand in a lot of areas.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There appears to be new members *glares* welcome.

You guys we need a topic.
    *thinks...*

Might answer later. Guess what I just ordered volumes 8-15 and 28 off ebay! I'm so happy!

Edit-Like the pics Valentine.
    Whoeews! Those volumes I want too... I'm happy for you :D

Comments in bold and in spoilers.~
    And I bring up fanart.~
    Spoiler:

LOL Oh Red... *facepalm*

And self-made.~
    Spoiler:
    I luv Red thar :D Well I luv the others too, but the D'AAAW~
    And your pic is awesome~ I luff that you've made Green really cute :3

Hmm, Violentshipping...I like it. Has a nice touch.
    Violentshipping! Masa, that's a most fitting name, and easy to remember XD

... sounds like Violetshipping. Which would be... Falkner x Crys? O_o

Also, not that anybody noticed I was doing it, (but I don't care, it'll probably never get finished XD) but I've started the first chapter on the... that... Serutnevda Nomèkop x3 Red's a gurl... it doesn't feel strange to write... strangely. Will get weirder when Green comes into picture, I imagine o_O

Last edited:

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Valentine, that comic was neat. xD That's Red for you. And your picture is really well-drawn.

I think Dia, Gold and Red would become friends. And I agree with Masa; I have this weird feeling that Ruby and Platina will get along really well. And Sapphire will get jealous, and start flirting with Pearl, and ... Ack! Ack! -smacks self-

Dang, now I want to write a Ruby x Platina and Sapphire x Pearl fanfic. >>;;;; Violentshipping, hmm.

My PokeSpecial life story ... eh, I just ran into Coronis's great translations at Serebii and started reading. Then I found the online manga scans, which pretty much sealed it for me. <3

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Thanks everyone. I'm actually amazed so many people replied to what I had to say....:) Thanks. I appreciate it. I hope things get a little better now, and not just for me, but for others here that may feel a bit ignored here too. Because if anyone felt as bad as me, no, I don't want people feeling the way I did.

So yeah....I don't really feel like answering the topic now so....

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    See, when you say such things in the first place, everyone draws their attention to you! :P That way you don't feel alone at all.

Years
    My Pokespecial life story?

I just love reading it! Haha... It's a long story and I don't feel like writing it all out.... I can't believe that it's been a while since I discovered Pokespecial and now it's pretty much has a respectable fanbase. Hmm...

Thanks everyone. I'm actually amazed so many people replied to what I had to say....:) Thanks. I appreciate it. I hope things get a little better now, and not just for me, but for others here that may feel a bit ignored here too. Because if anyone felt as bad as me, no, I don't want people feeling the way I did.

So yeah....I don't really feel like answering the topic now so....

Hey, that's what this community is here's for. As long as you can you're active and happy, everyone is... haha

Years
    oh my...

See, when you say such things in the first place, everyone draws their attention to you! :P That way you don't feel alone at all.

The club has changed quite a bit no? When I planned to become active here after the US Elections I didn't expect things to go so fast. I wonder about some of the older members...It feels different...Not so much of "teh craziness of ship/bishes" (check the posts a month before) but it's back to the discussions about liking parts/characters like when the club started. =/
    Please don't be angry at me. Just an observation. :D

Edit: Yay's top of page ^_^

Years
    The club has changed quite a bit no? When I planned to become active here after the US Elections I didn't expect things to go so fast. I wonder about some of the older members...It feels different...Not so much of "teh craziness of ship/bishes" (check the posts a month before) but it's back to the discussions about liking parts/characters like when the club started. =/
    Please don't be angry at me. Just an observation. :D

Edit: Yay's top of page ^_^
    Hey, that's pretty much how the club from way back then started anyway. Except back then it was divided between the Feelingshippers and the Specialshippers. Haha... the good ol' days were awesome. Oh, and we had these things called fanart wars and we just kept throwing special/feelingshipping fanarts at each other... which should explain my huge FS folder...

But yeah, I always like the club no matter how it is. I like meeting a lot of fun and interesting people here.

Years
    Worldwide?

My Pokespecial life story?

I just love reading it! Haha... It's a long story and I don't feel like writing it all out.... I can't believe that it's been a while since I discovered Pokespecial and now it's pretty much has a respectable fanbase.

When I started reading it last year I truly believed that the fandom was small. But seeing the posts here on the World-Wide Cosplaying and various language fanart I'm quite happy and impressed. I wish that we could find out how many fans there are of PokeSpe worldwide compared to the PM Anime fanbase (and the ratio of how many fans of Pokemon know of PokeSpe.)

Years
    When I started reading it last year I truly believed that the fandom was small. But seeing the posts here on the World-Wide Cosplaying and various language fanart I'm quite happy and impressed. I wish that we could find out how many fans there are of PokeSpe worldwide compared to the PM Anime fanbase (and the ratio of how many fans of Pokemon know of PokeSpe.)

I know that there are a lot of fans in Japan (obviously...haha), although the fanbase is younger, I think. It'll be interesting to meet a lot more other fans too... haha

It makes me fuzzy inside to see how this has come a long way.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years

But the thing is, is that I shouldn't have to say things like that to get attention. I shouldn't only be noticed for when I feel sad. That's just what I think.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Hey, that's pretty much how the club from way back then started anyway. Except back then it was divided between the Feelingshippers and the Specialshippers. Haha... the good ol' days were awesome. Oh, and we had these things called fanart wars and we just kept throwing special/feelingshipping fanarts at each other... which should explain my huge FS folder...

-cracks up imagining a fanart war now-

That would be epic. xD Mhm, now I'm in a fanarty mood.

Aww, chanchimi~ :< I had no idea you felt so bad. Well, hopefully everyone will start including you. -pokes everybody-

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Because I had to bring in fanart sooner or later...

I love how Yellow's there, but no Wally or Emerald? Aw... So why Treecko instead of ChuChu? Did the artist think it fit Yellow? And Ruby with a Premier Ball; I like its basic coloring, though I also like Luxury and Dusk Balls ^^

I wanna think this is from 4Chan, but I'm not sure XD

Years
    But the thing is, is that I shouldn't have to say things like that to get attention. I shouldn't only be noticed for when I feel sad. That's just what I think.

Hey, you shouldn't feel all that bad. Everyone feels sad and all... and hey, at least you got some friends!

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Aww, chanchimi~ :< I had no idea you felt so bad. Well, hopefully everyone will start including you. -pokes everybody-

Yeah, I hope so! That'd be nice.

I should draw some more fanart!

OniFlygon: I know, I'm glad to have some friends!

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    OH. MY. GOD. I don't know if anyone else has noticed (maybe this is what people were talking about), but yes, they got the next chapters up on Manga Fox!!! *squees with delight, then goes to read the chapters*

Edit: Maybe that's why no one's on here? XD

Last edited:

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    Um...Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence, but my teachers are turning EBIL! this holiday season.

Anyways, I'm still looking for an awesome Ruby fanart, so please help me in my quest~! I'm also taking sig requests, so drop by my profile and maybe supply some images and I'll see what I can do~!

EDIT:

That's cute!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back