• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    i had to join this thread
    i'll fist share what ships i support in the manga

diamond/plantinum
    red/green(girl)
    silver/green(girl)
    pearl/sapphire
    red/sapphire
    gold/yellow
    gold/sapphire
    silver/sapphire
    ruby/sapphire
    ruby/plantinum
    emerald/platinum
    lance/cynthia
    steven stone/cynthia

Years
    Been a PokeAdventures fan for about a year now. Can I join? Just so you know, my favourite character isn't Silver *shot*. I pretty much love them all equally :D. But I guess I would say Green (boy of course, sucks that Blue is a more popular name to him) if someone forced me to pick just one :)

Btw if I may suggest a topic, If you had to pick music from the games to play whenever there's a important battle in the manga (Gym Battle, Lance Battle etc) what would it be? I myself would pick the Maxie/Archie battle theme from R/S/E :D

Last edited:

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
    Welcome all new members!

@rival, I think that the reason blue(boy) is more popular is because that's what he is called in the games. Personally, I call him green too.

And the topic: I like the indigo plateau music from hgss

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Oh hey we got new members here. Welcome guys.

I would rather call him Green since it makes more since after all Blue(girl) would make perfect sense since she has a Blastois and she is wearing Blue so I would rather have Blue(Boy) be named Green.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    I do believe I shall join this club as well, seeing as I'm a pretty big fan of Pokemon Special.

However, I'll stay out of any discussions involving the D/P arc and up, seeing as the last time I read translations beyond the end of the Emerald arc was... Last year? xD

And, for the apparent current topic, I call him Green, and her Blue. (Well, that was a confusing sentence...)

Mostly because I noticed that their eye colors match their names, and I like things like that... So, I call them by their original names.

Years
    Yeah the eye color is the main reason I think the blue(boy) and green(girl) fail at most. It's pretty obvious which one's which. I wonder who was stupid enough to mix the names, there was no point in that...

Oh hey we got new members here. Welcome guys.

Oh and thanks for the warm welcome :) I am definetly going to like it here :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Welcome new members! And for ponyboy, i like steven stone/Cynthia shipping too! Anyway I'm new here too. I joined last week, so guess I'm not the newest one around! -is shot for lame welcome-

Years
    *Takes a shot for Amarillo_Yellow* don't worry about that :). And now that you mentioned it, I like Cynthia/Steven pairing also. They are both so elegant and look good together ;D

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
    Yeah the eye color is the main reason I think the blue(boy) and green(girl) fail at most. It's pretty obvious which one's which. I wonder who was stupid enough to mix the names, there was no point in that...
    to clarify, the reason they did that was because green is based off of the rival from rgb. when it was released in japan, the pair of games that were released was red and green (hence the name green in japan). but, when it was released elsewhere, the games were red and blue, green was never released. the gamemakers decided to then call the rival blue, instead of green to match with the english blue game.
    sorry for the lengthy reason, i really wanted to make that clear.

the eye color happens to be the same as their name (from red to platinum) however,
    Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

Years
    to clarify, the reason they did that was because green is based off of the rival from rgb. when it was released in japan, the pair of games that were released was red and green (hence the name green in japan). but, when it was released elsewhere, the games were red and blue, green was never released. the gamemakers decided to then call the rival blue, instead of green to match with the english blue game.

the eye color happens to be the same as their name (from red to platinum) however,
    Spoiler:

Np thanks for reminding since I had forgotten that :). But I still think they should have gone with the original name just because it's the ORIGINAL :D

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    Ok, before I start, I just noticed that a mod has had to come in here AGAIN to delete off topic posts.
    For the sake of this club, Please, stop having off topic conversations in this club. You do that in PMs or VMs, but not here. This is not the place to have idle chit-chat!
    I don't have much time to keep coming in here to tell that to you guys.
    Pay attention to the rules.

Spoiler:

Thank you for posting that. :3

Also, about the eye color:
    Spoiler:

Speaking of Black and White, we have another (small) update on it. Remember the spoiler rule people...
    Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Hello there new members! (quite a few recently)
    Spoiler:

If you had to pick music from the games to play whenever there's a important battle in the manga (Gym Battle, Lance Battle etc) what would it be?
    Ahhhh.... This is such a hard topic! I love the kanto gym leader battle but I also love the GS rival theme, Cynthia's was good too, and Cyrus.... not to mention some RS music. Sigh... My point I guess is that Nintendo has made some really good themes especially for this series. If I had to pick music though I'd probably go with music from platinum. To be honest I really liked the galactic themes so yeah I'd go with that.

How they're going to cover their rear ends in the translation for FRLG will definitely be something. Its funny too whenever I tell people that red and green where the first two versions. They give me a funny look as if I'm stupid but then get that same look when they go back home and see that I'm right. All of a sudden FRLG makes a lot of sense.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    ^ I think Chuang Yi ran into that "Fire Red and Leaf Green" problem too...

Oh guys.

For those in the U.S. thinking of buying Pokemon Adventures Vol. 1: Diamond, Pearl and Platinum (this is Vol. 30), guess what?

I managed to get a copy of it early
    This is under spoilers just to save space. You can discuss this particular bit outside of spoilers too.

Spoiler:

/copypastamyownpostfromserebii.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    @rivalsilver: I agree! Since they're both champions, it would be interesting if they got together and battled or something.
    @chamochan: I'm sorry!!!!! :( *runs of to read rules for the fifth time this week*

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    If you had to pick music from the games to play whenever there's a important battle in the manga (Gym Battle, Lance Battle etc) what would it be?

Silver's Theme and Blue's Champion music tie. They're both awesome!

(And I call the guy Blue, just because.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back