• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Ahh, Happy New Year everyone! :D I have a feeling 2010 is going to be great, even though I don't know exactly why...

The comic keeps being awesome! Oh, Ruby. He was so in character, loved it. (The tree and window comment was genius). XD Poor Sapph, though...
    Oh, and Yellow is right. Red has been cursed with obliviousness.

Also, great fan art.

Green: "You're not with my sister?"
    Bill: She's at the house...
    Since when does Bill say that? As far as I know, he just blushes / freaks out.

So. I have finally gotten volume 31. And it was awesome! :3
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok.

Sorry.

So, is volume 31 the latest one to come out?Coz i have to wait for scans on the internet before i can read it.

And i agree with Snoaz, specially on Dia. He is a human Munchlax.

Would someone care to explain what "shipping" means?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oh right.Thanks.

Apparently i'm not allowed one-liners, so:

DIAMOND IS AWESOME!!!!!!

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • hey a new member
    WELCOME TO MY KINGDOM nah joking can you tell us old members your fave dex holder from number 1 to 13 and favorite pair from the manga like redxyellow,etc... and welcome may you not REGRET IT KUKUKUKU

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • Hey all. I'm new to Pokemon Adventures and would like to join. I do have an issue though.

I just recently decided to start reading pokemon adventures, and stopped at Barnes and Noble and picked up the first two volumes by Vizkids (2nd edition). Then I started reading up on this forum and found out that the translations by Vizkidz are censored and edited, even to the point that some characters and stories are not as they were originally. At first I started reading the scans online but I wanted hard copies to read. So my question is, how much censorship and editing is there really in these 2nd editions by Vizkids? I would really like to read it the way the original authors and artists had made it in Japan, but translated. Are there any other translations in hard copy that are exactly like the orignal Japanese versions?

Thanks,
    Ken

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • Hey all. I'm new to Pokemon Adventures and would like to join. I do have an issue though.

I just recently decided to start reading pokemon adventures, and stopped at Barnes and Noble and picked up the first two volumes by Vizkids (2nd edition). Then I started reading up on this forum and found out that the translations by Vizkidz are censored and edited, even to the point that some characters and stories are not as they were originally. At first I started reading the scans online but I wanted hard copies to read. So my question is, how much censorship and editing is there really in these 2nd editions by Vizkids? I would really like to read it the way the original authors and artists had made it in Japan, but translated. Are there any other translations in hard copy that are exactly like the orignal Japanese versions?

Thanks,
    Ken

Hi, welcome. I don't know too much since I only recently became a fan, but I can help. So far the only censorship I've seen are the more sexual things and some blood, though I don't think much was there to begin with. Also cursing has been censored I believe. The words are there if you're willing to punch in the symbols normally used in place of curse words to find it.

As for other translations, I believe that Singapor has their own. There's also some censoreship I believe. Although, Green and Blue's names are still switched around. I don't know much about those though.

You're welcome,
    Jason

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    I just wonder, why are the translations with the chapters so slow?

Oh- I forgot, hiya. Wait- no. Pokesp Club for like... A LONG TIME AGO and still haven;t joined? D:

I'm a joke ._.
    Typesetting takes forever, presumably. That's what it is with most other things like that, at least I think.
    But welcome! And to Kendall. And to UFA.

Chuang Yi's singaporean translations are more faithful to the Japanese, but the scanlations still seem to reign supreme in terms of risque-ness.

Gotta be honest, I was hoping for a little more shippy-ness in the Frantic part of the dounjinshi. Or a little more Sapphire Kicking Ruby's Arse. But still very cute and fantastic.

So I went to the anime convention dressed as Yellow.
    Apparently Pokémon Special is a lot more popular than I thought! I got stopped for a zillion pictures. 8D
    And I got a Chikorita plushie, and a star-shaped pendant. I see a Crystal cosplay in my future. (Also, someone gave me a glass egg... I'm not the Hatcher, you're looking for someone else.)
    And, yeah, loads of fun. Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera connector, so pictures of my cosplay tomorrow~ (No other PokéSpe cosplays. Plenty of Pokémon cosplays (so many Rocket Grunts, no pink hair), none from Special.)

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Glad to know you had a blast at that convention, Marley. Very happy to hear that there are many Pokespe fans as well. Ah, if only there were more anime conventions over here ;; In any case, welcome to Flying Aces and Kendall. Also, Kendall, the Chuang Yi translations, as far as I can tell, don't have any censorship in their translations, unlike Viz. So if you're looking for hard copies that are closer to the original Japanese version, I suggest you import the manga from Singapore. The main differences are the fact that Blue and Green's names get swicthed around. And that the jokes in the DP arc are heavily edited, I think. And though the scanslations online are the best option to turn to, it seems like Chuang Yi releases the Pokespe volumes faster than the scanslators.

And Kaulitz <3 Thanks for the Franticshipping goodness. I was like 'heck yeah, Ruby and Sapph do not need that red thread since they already like each other'. Ruby telling Sapphire about the tree and the window was hilarious though.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    hey a new member
    WELCOME TO MY KINGDOM nah joking can you tell us old members your fave dex holder from number 1 to 13 and favorite pair from the manga like redxyellow,etc... and welcome may you not REGRET IT KUKUKUKU

Uhhh.....

either 11,12 or 13 (i don't know which number Diamond is, but he's my favourite).
    And pair? Ruby and Sapphire

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • *pulls self out of large pit* I'm back! Actually I was never gone, i just didn't post....here....at least....XD

Welcome Kendall and Aces and all other new members I probably forgot of! Hope you have a good time here!

Glad you had a nice time at the convention, Marley, too bad you couldn't upload pictures.

Tennis_Lion818

Gold Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    HI! I haven't been here since summer. So I am reviving myself back to this place.
    hey a new member
    I have no idea about the numbers. But my fav. dex holder is probably Emerald, Gold, or Red. Idk which one wins. As for fav. pairing...redxyellow, goldxcrys, or rubyxsapphire.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • Last edited:
    Years
  • Welcome, new members! :3 And welcome to the returning members as well!

@Marley:
    It's great that so many people recognized who you were cosplayin' as. 8D Sounds like the convention was really fun.
    Makes me wanna go to an anime con dressed as a PokeSpe character... ;A;

@Kendall: Yup, those are most likely the books you're looking for. ^ ^ I also ordered my English volumes from daigames, so I should know~

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    I'm home with the connector! :D And I even remembered to bring my camera home. I'm so on the ball today!
    And here's the one I got of me alone (I also snagged some shots of pretty much every Pokémon cosplayer; for most of them I snapped the canon in half and posed with them; got some okay shots of myself getting really ticked at some Rocket members):
    Spoiler:

The angle of this picture is funny because, like all pictures, it was taken by someone taller than I. >> You can also see my real hairs, oh noes.
    And the wig's not right, because mum was like, "Oh no you are NOT styling that wig it's too pretty and you'll ruin it D<" Never mind that I cut my own hair. We also didn't make the belt small enough... so even at the smallest hole it kept falling and making me look all disproportional.
    Oh, and that silver thing poking out at the top of the hat? I based the feathers off of the bag sprites from HGSS instead of the purple and black ones she's supposed to have. But nobody called me out on it, SO.

Ruby and Saphy wouldn't need that thread if Ruby would just stop being a euphemism and admit that he remembers everything.
    I wonder why she doesn't just sneak up behind him, yank off the hat, and forcefully interrogate him about the scar.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back