• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

red king

The Sky Of Your World
Years
  • yes you can Join tell me your Fave Dex Holder and Non Dex Holder,Your Favorite pair and why I am so awesome and Natsu 2 :D

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • ...Redking...is that a one liner? Or do you just not have punctuation? *hard to tell*

*cough* anyway.

How far apart do you think Daisy and Green are?
    For some reason...I imagine about 6-8 years....
    not sure why.

Also, in the R/S arc, Marge mentioned being friends with Daisy when she was younger (about maybe Ruby's age during that time...) and I'm not sure how long ago that was. So that would me Daisy and Marge are probably the same age. Lesse...Green is 16 (17 if you don't count him being a statue for a while.. ), I imagine that Daisy would be between 24-26 now.

..../speculate
    =w= good times.

Anyway, we need a new topic.
    Have you gotten any real life/internet friends into pokespecial?
    For me, only one person, a friend named Cheeze. =w=

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    >> PC decides it's going to stop working for me sometimes. It's kind of annoying.

:D Well you guys are just awesome. Thanks to everyone for all the kind compliments~

So, anyway.
    Did Lance know Yellow was a girl?
    I actually don't think he did. >> I know he's sharp and all, but he'd have no reason to believe she was a girl, and it's not like he spent days with her like Green did (though I always thought it was a bit lazy on the writers' part just to have everyone assume Green knew already. I would've been much happier with a panel that gave some hint to him finding out, though it would've been impossible to do because WE all thought she was a boy (well, the less sharp of us who didn't recognize her from the late RGB arc) when they were training...). So, I don't know, but I don't think so.

Mmmmm.... no less than seven years, I think. I imagined her as eighteen at the time of Green's debut.

I've been trying my hardest to! My three school friends that are into Pokémon have all read up to the Yellow arc; one of them kinda got lazy and stopped (despite my prodding) but the other two are just now getting into the GSC arc. I may or may not have influenced three other people to read it. But I'm not sure if they actually started/are still reading.

Mintly

*eats peppermints*
    Years
  • However, I don't think he would've cared too much, he was more concerned over his goal rather than whether that cute little blonde boy is actually a boy or not.
    ...True. He'd be all "Mhahahaha. Must kill all humans! Hmm...? Who's this little boy-girl person? Get out of my way!" *pushes* *insane laughter* LOL XD

No, not yet...I've been working on my friend for a while now though. (It goes something like this: *poke* reeeeeead it. *poke* :P)

Seems my question became a topic lol. XD
    And over Daisy's age, I would think she'd be at least six years older than Green.
    Lesse...Green is 16 (17 if you don't count him being a statue for a while.. ), I imagine that Daisy would be between 24-26 now.
    Yeah, I was thinking somewhere around those years too. I'm writing a fic about when Daisy was around 16 and I needed to know how old Green would have been. I'm so excited about his one...with Daisy and Bill and Marge and a lot of other people. This is going to be fun~ *goes off to write* :DD

chamo-chan

Years
  • Just a Note...

Oh we now have Serene Grace as a moderator for Pokemon General, and therefore the dead Pokemon Manga sub-forum. :P

Anyways, I'm not really sure who I got into PokeSupe. Most of them were already reading it. :<
    =w= thanks Wish.

Yeah, I was thinking somewhere around those years too. I'm writing a fic about when Daisy was around 16 and I needed to know how old Green would have been. I'm so excited about his one...with Daisy and Bill and Marge and a lot of other people. This is going to be fun~ *goes off to write* :DD
    O:
    Oh for some reason I imagine Green as either a new born or about 2 years old...
    *shrug* Sometime before Blue was kidnapped. =w=

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Lean on me~
    Years
  • Did Lance know Yellow was a girl?
    Now that I think about it, it was never revealed to him, was it? Hmm...I'm not sure. Either way, I agree with someone that he probably didn't care if she was a boy or a girl, he just wanted her out of his way. =3= Lance is not oblivious like Red, but he's also not very observant when his mind is occupied by other things....I can see it going either way. Then again, if he thought she was a boy and it was revealed that she was a girl to him, I don't think he'd be very surprised. I see it as "Oh, your female? ...guess that makes sense."

I imagine her being in her 20s at the beginning of PokeSpe, around the same age as Bill. =3= Kinda that college grade age. Yup yup.

I got one and a half into PokeSpe, but I'm still working on it.

Can I get a "What-what~" for posting twice in the same month?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 20, 2012

I imagined... like.... 8 years apart maybe.
    idk xD
    I'd imagine she's quite a bit older than Green. maybe not that old, but who knows xD;;

err..... what my sis said. Only Cheeze. No one else really :/

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Question for those of you who read PokéSpecial in Japanese.
    What's the phrase Green uses that translates to "noisy woman"? Specifically, how is it written? (Is the manga written with much kanji? >_o I don't know these things. *hides face in shame*)
    There seem to be many words that just about mean "noisy" or "annoying."
    Thanks much if anyone could tell me. I'm just curious, is all. :3

Years
  • /pops in randomly

@Marley: There's quite a bit of kanji in the Japanese version of PokeSpe, but they also provide furigana (hiragana/katakana letters at the top of kanji indicating how to read the it
    ), which is pretty helpful especially if you wanna look words up in a dictionary.
    EDIT: I checked mai Japanese copy of volume 15, and Kaulitz is right. :3 /fail

Also, to answer a topic thingy~

Have you gotten any real life/internet friends into PokeSpecial?
    Yes, as a matter of fact. :D Back when I still went to public school, I convinced three of my friends to read PokeSpe. They aren't quite as obsessed with it as I am, but
    they do read it and find it a million times better than the anime depiction of Pokeyman.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Long time since last...so... topic line...
    Age difference:
    yeah, i'm thinking 5- 8 years too. must be some magic number...
    Lance knowing Yellow's a girl...
    it was never revealed to him. so i'm guessing not.
    spreading pokespe
    i showed one of my friends, but she doesn't really ahve a lot of timeto actually read it...

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    -crawls back-
    Ugh, I had the worst back to school after vacation week...
    Anyway, here are the last two pages of the dojinshi. The page numbers are actually out of order (due to be failing which one was which and accidentally overwriting a file D:). There are still about 4 more pages of 4 panel short comics which made more sense to translate. And then that will conclude the book! :D I did it...
    I think that they were trying to joke with Yellow or something... I dunno...

Marley, I think Green says something liek "urusei onna" which is literally "obnoxious woman". o3o There's quite a bit of kanji in the Japanese version of PokeSpe, but they also provide furigana (hiragana/katakana letters at the top of kanji indicating how to read the it), which is pretty helpful especially if you wanna look words up in a dictionary.

He says "urusai Onna"... I think. And yes there is tons of kanji but the furigana is a LIFESAVER. I'd never be able to read Pokespe without it (if it didn't have it, I'd be reading for years XD) The dojin doesn't have furigana which is why it tends to take me longer/ is much more difficult to translate. (But I'm not just randomly guessing at the kanji either, I look them up.)

-sob- I wish... there's an anime/manga club at my school but they only know about the anime... I tried telling someone about it but they were like 'what manga?!' So far only my relatives know about it XD.

i think it said Bill was a graduate from the university, right? So if she's around his age she must be in her mid-twenties... / basically what everyone else said.

Last edited:

chamo-chan

Years
  • -crawls back-
    Ugh, I had the worst back to school after vacation week...
    Anyway, here are the last two pages of the dojinshi. The page numbers are actually out of order (due to be failing which one was which and accidentally overwriting a file D:). There are still about 4 more pages of 4 panel short comics which made more sense to translate. And then that will conclude the book! :D I did it...
    I think that they were trying to joke with Yellow or something... I dunno...

i think it said Bill was a graduate from the university, right? So if she's around his age she must be in her mid-twenties... / basically what everyone else said.

*pats Kaulitz*
    I think Emerald and Gold probably thought both of them were flirting, and string had no effect because they already liked each other. (?)

lol Poor Red and Yellow. They both fail.
    xD;

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • Yellow and Red already are in the effect of the red string even without it jajajaja is just that there both so oblivious that neither have taken notice lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Agree with about everyone on Green/Daisy and Yellow/Lance. Don't think he knew, and don't think he cared. ;D

Thoug I agree with Marley that there should have been a scene where it was revealed how Green found out... I mean, okay, he's observant; but still. That's not enough information for me.

Oh, that's a pretty interesting idea! :D

Can I get a "What-what~" for posting twice in the same month?
    What-what~! (Lol.)

No. Not that I even bothered trying, mind; they barely know what manga or anime is. I don't mind though :D

Oh, and what someone said earlier... a DN volume 13 kind-of-thing for Pokespé; that would be awesome. :D They have those things there that show how social / intelligent / charming etc. each character is. I would like to see that with the Pokespé cast... >D

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Ah, the ever popular "urusai." That would've been my guess.
    So it would be "うるさい女"? Or is there some kanji for urusai that I don't know about?
    Kanji itself is a lifesaver for me when reading Japanese; my (extremely limited) knowledge of the language is far more geared toward reading than writing; I know the meaning of more kanji than I know pronunciations of words. (x_o Makes SoulSilver a little difficult to get through, as there is one kanji in the entire game as far as I can see.) >> I'm working on that.
    Furigana is great, though, 'cause it makes a fantastic learning tool. I could stand to learn to pronounce all those words. @_@

Pffffffft. Those two are hopeless. xD Silly Red and Yellow. I still contend that they like each other already and that's why the string didn't work. But between Can-Not-Spit-It-Out Yellow and Oblivious-To-Love Red they're never getting anywhere.
    I rather like Emerald in this doujin... his allergy to flirting reminds me of myself.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Did Lance Know Yellow Was a Girl?
    Did he care?Christ, he was suicidal, seeing as he wanted to kill all humans.He obviously only wants to (oops can't say that on pc) his Dragon pokemon, so why would he bother finding out whether his enemy's female or not?

Daisy's Age
    Older than Bill?Lol, i seriously haven't any inclination. All i know is it's more likely Bill's younger, than she's just 5 years older than Green.But, lol, i thought she was his mother to start with.

Getting friends into PokeSpec
    I'd have no friends if i have tried.

Years
  • So it would be "うるさい女"? Or is there some kanji for urusai that I don't know about?
    I looked at my Japanese vershun of volume 15, and that's exactly it. :3

Meh, I dunno. :x I always thought Daisy was about three to five years older than Green, but that's just me.

Did Lance know Yellow was a girl?
    I don't think so. = 3 = I'm more or less repeating what everyone else already said: Lance seemed too occupied with destroying Yellow/the human race to realize or even care.
    I wish they'd eventually clarify about that in the manga though, 'coz
    I wanna know for sure if Lance realized Yellow was only dressed as a guy. Just speculating isn't enough for Ria. ;A;

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Oh, and what someone said earlier... a DN volume 13 kind-of-thing for Pokespé; that would be awesome. :D They have those things there that show how social / intelligent / charming etc. each character is. I would like to see that with the Pokespé cast... >D
    Well they sounded like they were considering it.. there was this survey in the Japanese version of book 23 (that I talked about ages ago, but I doubt anyone remembered...) The last question was 'would you buy any works related to Pokespe, if so please check one of the following:
    -a fanbook
    -an art book
    -a novelization
    - other (fill in the blank)"
    But that was ages ago... I wonder if they're still thinking about it? I hope so.

Here are the last 3 pages of Meromero Punch. There is still a short 4 panel on the back cover that I need to translate so I'll put that in the next post.

I still have their other dojinshi. It's SpecialShipping and it's called "Tooi yakusoku" or "A Distant/Long-Ago Promise". Do you guys want it translated too? (It's 60 pages long.. but I think I can finish it.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back