• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I really do have too much time on my hands, thinking about this...

...but, I've been thinking, and as much as I'd like it, I don't think Red, Blue and Green are going to appear in Hg/Ss, and if they are, not for much.

I mean, sure, the only opponent left in the pokemon universe other than eachother that can match their prowess is probably Arceus, but I think Gold, Silver or Crystal will end up taking him down...I mean, those guys have pokemon between levels 40-60, whereas Red and Green, if they've been training more, must now have pokemon at lv.100.....

Just my thoughts. Feel free to prove me long by finding new scans from Hg/Ss arc showing Red and Green pwning Arceus xD

EDIT: Although, Red and Green owe battles to Bruno and Koga (all Red's fault for not being at Indigo Plateau in GSC), so it'd be brilliant if they turned up and had those battles...

EDIT2: Look at the original Kanto Pokedex belonging to Red,Blue and Green (now just Yellow, due to the upgrade). Don't you think they resemble a DSi?

Last edited:
    Years
  • hey everyone xD
    wow I think I was gone for about 2-3 months, anything happen while I was gone?
    I heard somewhere that the platinum arc is being re-continued in the magazines, dont know if that's true but then again I'm behind on pokespe news

and of course, happy belated birthday Red!!!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hey, do any of you guys also have some of the VIZ releases?

Just, I was wondering if mine are different. Bulbapedia says they're left-to-right, but mine are right-to-left.

They also made Bill sound like a hillbilly! He's horrendous!

But then again, I dislike how in HeartGold/SoulSilver games he says "I don't like being outside". It just, sorta, doesn't sound right in pokemon...

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • I really do have too much time on my hands, thinking about this...

...but, I've been thinking, and as much as I'd like it, I don't think Red, Blue and Green are going to appear in Hg/Ss, and if they are, not for much.

I mean, sure, the only opponent left in the pokemon universe other than eachother that can match their prowess is probably Arceus, but I think Gold, Silver or Crystal will end up taking him down...I mean, those guys have pokemon between levels 40-60, whereas Red and Green, if they've been training more, must now have pokemon at lv.100.....

Just my thoughts. Feel free to prove me long by finding new scans from Hg/Ss arc showing Red and Green pwning Arceus xD

EDIT: Although, Red and Green owe battles to Bruno and Koga (all Red's fault for not being at Indigo Plateau in GSC), so it'd be brilliant if they turned up and had those battles...

EDIT2: Look at the original Kanto Pokedex belonging to Red,Blue and Green (now just Yellow, due to the upgrade). Don't you think they resemble a DSi?
    I've had a feeling that either only one or none of the original dex holders will appear.
    *continued in spoilers for safety*
    Spoiler:

So far, the only ones who have a chance to appear in the HG/SS arc are Red and Green.

Speaking of DSi, I remember in the R/S arc, Shelly (the team Aqua admin) was holding some kind of weird computer thingy that kinda looked like a DS.

Hey, do any of you guys also have some of the VIZ releases?

Just, I was wondering if mine are different. Bulbapedia says they're left-to-right, but mine are right-to-left.

They also made Bill sound like a hillbilly! He's horrendous!

But then again, I dislike how in HeartGold/SoulSilver games he says "I don't like being outside". It just, sorta, doesn't sound right in pokemon...
    VIZ re-releases are the manga format (right to left).
    the original translations are from left to right.

Also, I find Bill's accent funny. Nothing horrendous about it. :c

Also, I saw this alot in the last page, and Snoaz pointed it out, so I will say it again.

Please no one liners or off topic convos.

Years
  • I know I already asked what the difference was between Viz and Chuang Yi translations awhile back, with which Chamo replied with a very detailed post (thanks for that info btw) :D
    but I was wondering what the other club members prefer when reading pokespe, Viz or Chuang Yi??

personally, I read Chuang Yi because I live in Asia and it's the only English pokespe translation I can find. The only other options where I live are to read the manga in Japanese or Chinese (which is useless to me since I can't read Japanese and I don't know the pkmn names in Chinese xD). I don't know about Viz since I've never read it before

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    @ Moon Light: I don't think there's much difference between the two, except that Viz has censored some stuff -- but on the other hand, they've printed the manga in the original form (starting backwards) so both mangas have something good about them. I always read the Singapore translation, though, simply because they have more volumes released. And it might also be habit, haha.

About the question regarding the Kanto Dex Holders: I'm quite sure they'll have an appearance. Well, quite sure about Red and Green, at least; they appeared in the game, so I see no reason why they wouldn't appear in the manga, seeing as it always follows the game quite closely. Blue is a different story, but I'm sure they'll have a role for her, too, however small :D

...but if I'm wrong and they won't appear at all, I will be very, very disappointed.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, my opinion's probably obvious....I dislike Viz's representation of Bill. Although a Rattata speaking like that sounds funny, I'd always imagined Bidoof speaking like that :P

I do like how Viz re-releases are the right way round, so the maps will make sense xD

But Chuang Yi's better because of the lack of censorship.

And....going up the page:

How does it not sound right in Pokemon? xD

I don't think it sounds right when everybody in pokemon seems to be outside all the time, and Bill's made out to be quite cool in Fr/Lg, that just seemed...out of place, to me. I may just be overthinking things...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't think it sounds right when everybody in pokemon seems to be outside all the time, and Bill's made out to be quite cool in Fr/Lg, that just seemed...out of place, to me. I may just be overthinking things...
    I have to agree with you tho XD
    Your not overthinking :x

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • I know I already asked what the difference was between Viz and Chuang Yi translations awhile back, with which Chamo replied with a very detailed post (thanks for that info btw) :D
    but I was wondering what the other club members prefer when reading pokespe, Viz or Chuang Yi??

personally, I read Chuang Yi because I live in Asia and it's the only English pokespe translation I can find. The only other options where I live are to read the manga in Japanese or Chinese (which is useless to me since I can't read Japanese and I don't know the pkmn names in Chinese xD). I don't know about Viz since I've never read it before
    I need to find that post again and put it back up.

I read Viz, because I support their translation, and It's the only one i can afford (Chuang Yi = big time debt for me. @n@ )

@ Moon Light: I don't think there's much difference between the two, except that Viz has censored some stuff -- but on the other hand, they've printed the manga in the original form (starting backwards) so both mangas have something good about them. I always read the Singapore translation, though, simply because they have more volumes released. And it might also be habit, haha.

About the question regarding the Kanto Dex Holders: I'm quite sure they'll have an appearance. Well, quite sure about Red and Green, at least; they appeared in the game, so I see no reason why they wouldn't appear in the manga, seeing as it always follows the game quite closely. Blue is a different story, but I'm sure they'll have a role for her, too, however small :D

...but if I'm wrong and they won't appear at all, I will be very, very disappointed.
    I like reading manga in original manga format. ^u^

Yeah. I'm sure Green and Red would have some kind of role to play in the HG/SS arc, but I'm not sure about Blue, and I would rule Yellow out.
    Sorry girls.

umm.. may I join this fine establishment xD ?
    Yes you may~

also, to everyone who said that VIZ has alot of censors, let me say this:
    there are only 3 notable censors I found.
    that does not have enough to make it so that VIZ is censoring the whole manga.
    I mean, they left that newspaper thing in Vol. 1 about the Tentacool bath.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, we sometimes do that.

But please, no one-liners. Chamo has been saying that on pretty much every page.....

Do you guys think Fisherman Wilton (Yellow's Uncle) will appear, and if so, without Yellow?
    Because he's got Gold's number....and might come with another water-type..
    In fact, what if he comes with the Lapras from Union Cave, then Red gets his Lapras off Wilton!!
    I think it's inevitable that if Red does turn up, he'll have his pokemon roster altered again to match game-verse Red, like in GSC. (Yay, more Vui!)

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • Mm, I actually like VIZ's translation. Other than the Blue incident, it hasn't done a horrid job of translating Special. Some lines are cheesy at times, but that's what I like about it. :P And they left the Tentacool bit in there, which I find awesome. The translators probably didn't get it, or left it in there for the lulz.

Green and Red seem to have better chances of appearing in HGSS than Blue and Yellow. Well, it's the Johto kids' turn to shine, so I'm not too disappointed.

The link Snoaz provided does indeed have some pretty art. A Pokespe art site I like is this one. I like his/her imitation of Mato's art. I dunno if there's a lot of Mato fans here, but I personally like this site, so yeah.

/slithers back to hideout

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • chamo-chan said:
    Speaking of DSi, I remember in the R/S arc, Shelly (the team Aqua admin) was holding some kind of weird computer thingy that kinda looked like a DS.

Yep, that was just advertising the new handheld that was released that year.

I also agree that Red and Green will make appearances. I would like to see Blue, as she's one of the characters worth anticipating for, since FR/LG. She's changed on me and I do admire her now.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Would be interesting to see what they do with Blue, now she's found her parents, killed Pryce, etc.

Good avertising, that. Give it to the bad guys, coz we all take more notice of them:P

I want Red to have some backstory revealed next time he turns up (I dunno, Lapras could be from his past.....or it could be "Bozz"'s Lapras from Yellow arc).

The only others who don't have their pasts revealed a little are the Sinnoh Trio (Gold's just grown up in a house full of pokemon, making him good at breeding. that counts as "backstory".)

Spoiler:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    God I need to learn how to be social.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I have a very odd wonder here. If Giovanni was searching for over ten years to find Silver, what was the point of catching the birds? I get why he joined Team Rocket and I understand the Mewtwo creation but I don't understand the bird plotline. If he ended up using it to destroy the world, couldn't he have accidently killed Silver while stuff was being blown up? you can only hold over the threat of destruction for so long before you actually have to do it.

Anyway, on to something else.

Ruby, that's really subtle advertising. It's amazing what companies will do huh?

As for the other Dex Holders, I hope the older ones make an appearance but I'm not sure about the younger. They were awesome and all but that might be too many characters. Red needs a backstory I agree. There is, like, nothing on this guy. Every other Dex Holder has some amount of backstory, wonderful or depressing. Green would probably appear if Red does, to keep the guy from going nuts on somebody. Blue, well, she has to make sure her brother doesn't get himself killed, ya know?

Oh right, awesome fanart everybody!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Good point about Giovanni.....but still, it's Giovanni. His dream is an organisation. The fact that Pryce nicked off with his son was a sidequest :P

I reckon he had Rocket Grunts scouring Kanto for Silver, but, as they're Rockets, it's most likely the saw him and didn't realise, or Silver took them out from behind:P

And, think from the point of view of a madman: "The more stuff I blow up, the less places there are to look for Silver! rawr#$!"

Not that I think of Giovanni like that, but it's a good idea...

EDIT: Also, sorta cross PokeSpe/Black & White related:

N, the new main bad guy, has a plot to separate humans and pokemon!

sounds familiar.......(Lance summons his army for war:P)

EDIT2: Will Blue's Porygon2 evolve again?? I think it might end up evolving to help out, if he appears

Last edited:

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Oh man, I HOPE the RGBY group pops up!! Green's already made a cameo in one of Silver's flashbacks, and I think it's safe to assume that our beloved quartet has become even more smexy that before.

It would be GREAT to have some of Red's backstory revealed; I think he may be an orphan, given the fact we've seen NO family.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back