• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Speed Challenge

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
  • Hey all, I came up with a new Challenge. All games are accepted. (I'd appreciate if we stayed away from hacks because I'm pretty sure they take different amounts of times to beat, most of them are much harder and longer due to grinding)

The goal is to have the lowest in game time by the time you:

Beat the Elite Four in Red, Blue, or Yellow
    Beat Red in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, or SoulSilver
    Beat the Elite Four in Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald
    Beat the Elite Four the second time (higher levels) in FireRed or LeafGreen
    Beat Cynthia in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum
    Beat the Champion in Black or White

Now, when you sign up, just give me what game you're playing and I'll put you in the section you need to be in. Next to your name will be your time, along with your current location. So, update frequently, and PLEASE POST A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR SAVESCREEN AND TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE WHEN YOU UPDATE!!!

When you finish your game, I'll move you to the Completed section, in order of final time.

Challengers:
    Red & Blue & Yellow
    Myrrhman -:--
    yuki3056 -:--
    rosebud2 1:02 SS ticket obtained
    Star Girl -:--

Gold & Silver & Crystal

Ruby
    & Sapphire & Emerald
    NightOfRemorse 1:14 Entering Dewford Town
    DavidBarnes -:--
    MakeaJohn -:--
    jdthebud -:--
    FireRed & LeafGreen
    Destiny Bond -:--

Diamond
    & Pearl & Platinum

HeartGold & SoulSilver

Black
    & White
    Sooyun 3:24:26 Castelia Cety
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Finished Times
    Red & Blue & Yellow

Gold & Silver & Crystal

Ruby
    & Sapphire & Emerald

FireRed & LeafGreen

Diamond
    & Pearl & Platinum

HeartGold & SoulSilver

Black & White

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • You might want to add some stuff to when the challenge ends, like with most challenges, I'm pretty sure the end point for FR/LG is after the elite four for the second time round, and Emerald is after beating Steven.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I will be participating in this for sure soon; I just have way too many challenges right now. I'm sure you can relate. xP

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Meh, I'd like to keep the emerald one in the same place, because the game follows the same basic storyline, and should almost be identical in time to Ruby or Sapphire if you beat Wallace instead of Steven. That way, Emerald users can compete against Ruby/Sapphire.

And I can't anymore, inferno, I'm down to 9 challenges. Don't know what you're talking about.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I guess you're right on that part, but there is more depth with Emerald, with all the Rayquaza encountering and legendary battles, not to mention more trainers and random Scott encounters. :/

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Well, I mean, there's slightly more in Yellow, too. Extra time at the beginning, beating brock is much harder random Pikachu going nuts in Bill's and Pokemon Fan Club, etc. It's still with Red/Blue.

My best advice if you feel this way about emerald is probably to not do emerald. You'll have an advantage if you do it on ruby.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Nobody has done Black and White yet, and I've played it about 5 times now so I know how to get through it (kinda) fast. So sign me up for that :D

Rosebud2

My Pokemon is Fight!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    I'm in this for Pokemon Red.

Okay, update number one:
    Pokemon Speed Challenge

I'm just outside of Bill's Cottage, having just gotten the SS Ticket from him. I don't think I'm doing very well...

Pokemon:
    Mew, lv. 100
    Spearow, lv. 10
    Abra, lv. 8
    Charmeleon, lv. 21
    (not that I'm going to use any Pokemon but my Mew, now that I've got it...)

Last edited:

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • Began the game after changing the name of the rom to Pokemon White [Speed].

Name: Amber
    Starter: Tsutaja ♀
    Nickname: Trinity (Pokesav'd the name)

I battled both Cheren & Bel (I have the US rom, but I prefer the patch with romanized Japanese names for challenges). Bel trashed my room and she and Cheren went to apologize for the wreckage. My mom gave me a Live Caster before I went to the lab. Prof. Ariragi taught us how to catch a Pokemon.

I caught a Yooteri and named him Hero. After saving my game, I pokesav'd a Pokabu egg for later (might replace her with either Victini or Chandelure). After battling N, the egg hatched and I got a girl which I named Janey. I trained her and Hero before battling Bel, then Cheren in Shippou. I got a Hiyappu and named him Mickey. I trained everyone to lvl 13 before taking on Pod. I helped a Munna and Makomo out, then kicked a few Team Plasma butts for stealing a little girl's Pokemon.

Made it to Straiton (sp?) and battled Aloe. Caught an Otamaro and named her Amet. Went to Pinwheel Forest to chase down Team Plasma. Caught a Sewaddle which I named Yoseob. I trained him until he evolved. I got the skull back for Aloe, went to Hiun City, got Bel's Munna back, and went to the Gym.

Current location: Hiun/Castelia City - Gym Entrance
    Time: 3:24:36
    Team:
    Trinity/Janovy (Servine) lvl 22
    Janey/Chaobu (Pignite) lvl 22
    Hero/Harderia (Harderier) lvl 22
    Amet/Otamaro (Tympole) lvl 21
    Yoseob/Kurumayu (Swadloon) lvl 20

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • I'm tired and my eyes are too, so I'll keep it short.

► Beat Arti's gym
    ► Beat Cheren
    ► Made it through the Desert Resort to Nimbasa.
    ► Beat N
    ► Beat Kamitsure
    ► Beat Cheren again
    ► Met Adeku and Yacon
    ► Got Team Plasma out of Driftveil
    ► Beat Yacon
    ► Caught a Bachurisu in Chargestone Cave
    ► Met Dark Trinity
    ► Beat N again
    ► Met Ariragi's Dad and Fuuro
    ► Went to the Tower of Heaven
    ► Caught a Hitomoshi
    ► Beat Fuuro
    ► Beat Cheren
    ► Got HM Surf from Adeku

Current Location: Mt. Helix (Going to backtrack to Mistralton Cave for a Kibago and to Nimbasa for Strength)
    Time: 12:30:24
    Team:
    Trinity/Jaroda lvl 44
    Amet/Gamageroge lvl 44
    Janey/Emuoo lvl 44
    Hanna/Chillarmy lvl 44
    Rampuraa lvl 43
    Zion/Denchura lvl 44

Back