• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Starterkit (Rmxp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    blizzy. I downloaded the beta 2 and there is no font? I know you said to put it somewhere but where exactly. Give me instructions please. I am trying to create a video game with this engine, but need text.

Or can you just upload the beta again but put the font in. Please! I really need to do this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    can someone please tell me how to put the font in. Please. !!!!!!! I am trying to but dont know how.

Kirby Pink

Advance Spriter
    Years
  • Inside the starter folder where you unzipped it is a file called
    Pokemon RS
    Copy this thing and go to
    C:/Windows/Fonts and paste it there

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    just wondering.........how do i get one of those white arrows to appear when ur about to leave the house/building?

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • Flameguru said:
    just wondering.........how do i get one of those white arrows to appear when ur about to leave the house/building?
    this is well easy done,
    i made a little script for this, so when you walk on a tile, and face down,
    a trigger wil be set on, and the arrow appears underneath the player.
    it'll be in the new version.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    how do you make the enemy attack. . Where I played the battle system the enemy did not attack. How do I fix this.

Also, does anyone have a catching system done?

One last question.

How do you change the beginning when you choose your gender. I want it so that it turns into another sprite I have, not the original. How do you do this.

Blizzy

Years
  • dan48 said:
    how do you make the enemy attack. . Where I played the battle system the enemy did not attack. How do I fix this.

Also, does anyone have a catching system done?

One last question.

How do you change the beginning when you choose your gender. I want it so that it turns into another sprite I have, not the original. How do you do this.
    1. you should add the attack in the database > "monster"
    2. there should be a catching system at the rmxp.net forums.
    i'm planning making my own, with some help of krazy_meerkat
    (if he wants to help :P)
    3.it should be at the main event where you start.
    i can't help you out now cos i'm at an other pc

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Do you know how to make it so that your opponent can have more than one pokemon. Like after your opponent's first dies, the second is summoned to the feild.

I started work on a pokemon game and am trying to make battles now. I mapped up to the first gym so far.

Also, I downloaded a set of all the pokemon fronts and backs, but when I put them in rmxp they had a backround and I want that out. How do I take the backround off, because its like a pokemon inside a white block and it is annoying. Do you know how to do this?

Sorry if I am asking simple questions but I am a beginner.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    when u import, click the backround of the pic, it turns it into transparent.........do u know wut i mean?

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • Hey, I'm wondering how to edit the reflection script. I want to put it in my game, and give you credit of course. would you tell me how to edit it and what to edit on it, please.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Wow. It worked. Thanks so much. Now I have all the pokemon for my game (but am probably not goin to use all of them lol. Anyway. I still need my first question answered though.

Do you know how to make it so that your opponent can have more than one pokemon. Like after your opponent's first dies, the second is summoned to the feild. Does anyone know how?

Blizzy

Years
  • PokeCreator_09 said:
    Hey, I'm wondering how to edit the reflection script. I want to put it in my game, and give you credit of course. would you tell me how to edit it and what to edit on it, please.
    depends on what you want to edit
    dan48 said:
    Do you know how to make it so that your opponent can have more than one pokemon. Like after your opponent's first dies, the second is summoned to the feild.

I started work on a pokemon game and am trying to make battles now. I mapped up to the first gym so far.

Also, I downloaded a set of all the pokemon fronts and backs, but when I put them in rmxp they had a backround and I want that out. How do I take the backround off, because its like a pokemon inside a white block and it is annoying. Do you know how to do this?

Sorry if I am asking simple questions but I am a beginner.
    1. i dont have any idea how to do that with the DBS
    cos the DBS is weird coded, so it wont continue if the monster dies.
    2. import it transperant by left and right clicking on the transperant color when you import it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2005
    Hey i was wondering when i try and change the text below the show choices box i get an error "Syntaxerror". I was wondering how i can fix that so it works properly. Thanks in advance
    BTW awsome job Blizzy

Last edited:

Blizzy

Years
  • Pokemon563 said:
    Hey i was wondering when i try and change the text below the show choices box i get an error "Syntaxerror". I was wondering how i can fix that so it works properly. Thanks in advance
    BTW awsome job Blizzy
    the show choices will be replaced by a new one, which works better IMO,
    and easier to use. i'd guess it'll take a week or 4 for a new release.
    (cos i have exams in 2 weeks)

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • I was wondering what to edit it to adapt it to my chipset or whatever I have to do so it'll work on my game. I copied and pasted the script into my game adn it doesn't work, I knew I'd have to edit it but i don't know how.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    How do you make it so that when you battle more than one of your party can go out on the field. Like with the default battle system. There was a total of four on the battle and your party was all out. How do I do that?

Onyxrhapsody87

El encantador de la anima
    Years
  • Hi Blizzy... I love your work... I was wondering... Wouldn't it be easier to make a class for each pokemon... in place of the original classes like Knight or Mage... From what I've heard, Making each pokemon a hero actor doesn't work well on the RPG XP... But then, I don't know much of anything about scripting... Just wondering why no one's tried doing that...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back