• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I have some sort of question regarding the option of going back to Kalos in the post-game via Couriway town, though I'd like for that to happen. How much space can the 3ds hold? If X and Y were 1.7 GB, would it be a problem for them to do this?
    Considering both XY and ORAS perform terribly on the 3DS, I don't think the 3DS can hold.

Whether the performance issues are a direct result of the 3DS or (most likely) Game Freak's technical incompetence, they should focus on taking advantage of the new 3DS to ensure an actual stable framerate instead of adding Kalos as a post-game region, and going by Kanto in GSCHGSS, we wouldn't lose anything substantial.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    The largest 3DS cartridges currently produced hold up to 4GB, so just over 2 copies of a Gen VI game. The game's performance drops are mainly because the in-battle models are very high detail to make the shading and outlining look good (especially in Pokemon-amie because you get a large closeup on the Pokemon model) and the heavy performance hits of 3D mode or having 6 Pokemon on screen at once.

Post-game areas are often a case of "do we have the resource to implement this to a complete standard that fits in with the main game" which is a fairly big ask especially because we don't know if the game's appearance will change like how OR/AS is much more vivid.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Since SM are going to be running on the same hardware as XYORAS, I'm hoping that they'll take full advantage of that previous experience and work on putting more quality into these games. These are supposed to be in conjunction with celebrating the 20th Anniversary as well, so I really hope they don't cop out on it.

I have a funny feeling that's wishful thinking, but I'm still gonna hold out hope for them.

Years
    Since SM are going to be running on the same hardware as XYORAS, I'm hoping that they'll take full advantage of that previous experience and work on putting more quality into these games. These are supposed to be in conjunction with celebrating the 20th Anniversary as well, so I really hope they don't cop out on it.

I have a funny feeling that's wishful thinking, but I'm still gonna hold out hope for them.

I can see your theory on this, and it does make me hope as well that the 20th anniversary isn't wasted on a mediocre main series title. Launching a new generation rather than a Kalos continuation was the right direction in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I want --

---Hawlucha's evolution , "Flying Press" is stupid move for a small pokemon that weight so low.

---The suppose leaked list had an Angel pokemon , So I want to see An Angel pokemon.

--- An Armor Ghost pokemon.

--- Another Artificial pokemon that look like a Battle Mecha that came from Space.

---Donphan's Evolution where it became as Big as an Actual Elephant (Non-mega)

---A Griffin pokemon.

Years
    ---Hawlucha's evolution , "Flying Press" is stupid move for a small pokemon that weight so low.

Flying Press is actually a move that does simultaneous Fighting and Flying-type damage, so it's actually affected by the target's type and not the weight. But I would still like to see an evolution or a Mega for Hawlucha nonetheless.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    With how Ash is so close to Hawlucha in the amine I wouldn't be surprised if it got a mega. Probably in that awesome shiny colour scheme it has!

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    Zygarde Speculation
    I think that it's most likely that we're going to see Zygarde's forms in Sun & Moon. This is what I think how we're going to get all of its forms.

The protagonist is probably going to encounter a Zygarde Core sometime in his/her journey, probably after beating the champion of the region. The protagonist is going to either battle it and have to catch it, or the Core has been literally handed to the protagonist, which I won't be surprised considering that one of the Eon duo has been given to players in ORAS. In order for Zygarde to change a certain form, the protagonist has to be in a certain area that contains cells. You'll be prompted an option to whether or not to let Zygarde transform after interacting with an object like a rock. There would be an area for each Zygarde's form.

Hopes

• Mega Flygon
    • Fighting/Dragon Type
    • Battle Frontier
    • A plot as good as 5th Generation's plot

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I want ambient sounds to return, I mean who wouldn't want to stand/sit on the beach at night and listen to the crashing waves while fishing?

thunderrose

Professional Puyo Popper
    Years
    I want ambient sounds to return, I mean who wouldn't want to stand/sit on the beach at night and listen to the crashing waves while fishing?

This ^

Also, this is random but I'd like the region to be based on Norway. Dunno why XD
    Either that or South America. And maybe trainer customization, although most people are saying it's and X/Y exclusive...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I want new attack like --

1) Maximization : The User increase its attack power by becoming bigger However it decrease Evasion

2) Psyco Wipe : The user hit target with psychic powered wipe.

3) Night Blast : The user gather all negative energy and shot it as a Beam.

4) Pyro Cut : The user hit target with a Flaming Blade , May cause Burn.

5) Aqua Blade : The User create Blade of water to hit its target

6) Thunder Blade : The User hit target with electrifying Blade , May cause Paralysis.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    time to
    1) Maximization : The User increase its attack power by becoming bigger However it decrease Evasion
    that's just baiting rule 35

2) Psyco Wipe : The user hit target with psychic powered wipe.
    sounds like something you's find at a asylum and would not touch

3) Night Blast : The user gather all negative energy and shot it as a Beam.
    to close to Night Burst, the japanese name of Night Daze

4) Pyro Cut : The user hit target with a Flaming Blade , May cause Burn.

5) Aqua Blade : The User create Blade of water to hit its target
    nope, its's just a cleaning tool

6) Thunder Blade : The User hit target with electrifying Blade , May cause Paralysis.
    already used in the tales series

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Speculation:
    Pokémon Sun will have a sunflower as an important plot device, (Key) Item, or the mascot will have some design elements from it.

Pokémon Moon will have a moonflower in its place.

Alternative (or in addition) to that, I'd like to see members of the Flabébé line get these two kinds of flowers for themselves. Maybe as version exclusives? It would be cool if there was a field of sunflowers in Sun and moonflowers in Moon where you could find these special Flabébé/Floette.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    I know that adding a new status effect like burns, paralysis, and frozen would probably never happen; however, I would like to see a new status effect be like a burn; except for, it'll cut Special Attack in half instead of Attack.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Speculation:
    Pokémon Sun will have a sunflower as an important plot device, (Key) Item, or the mascot will have some design elements from it.

Pokémon Moon will have a moonflower in its place.

Alternative (or in addition) to that, I'd like to see members of the Flabébé line get these two kinds of flowers for themselves. Maybe as version exclusives? It would be cool if there was a field of sunflowers in Sun and moonflowers in Moon where you could find these special Flabébé/Floette.

It's probably where AZ's Floette comes into things. It's speculated that AZ is supposed to come from this region.

Pure guessing but what if Floette is Moon forme (in the past) and turns to Sun forme in the future when it's revived. So Sun would be based on the future (of a new region and Kalos) and Moon the past (of a new region and Kalos). The story would change a bit depending on whether you're in the future of the past and would make it worth getting both games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It's probably where AZ's Floette comes into things. It's speculated that AZ is supposed to come from this region.

Pure guessing but what if Floette is Moon forme (in the past) and turns to Sun forme in the future when it's revived. So Sun would be based on the future (of a new region and Kalos) and Moon the past (of a new region and Kalos). The story would change a bit depending on whether you're in the future of the past and would make it worth getting both games.

AZ came/is from Kalos though...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    AZ came/is from Kalos though...

Just because he's king of Kalos doesn't mean he didn't originate from the Azoth Kingdom (which people think might be this region). And in which case, if that is true he'll probably be reappearing and having a role in these games.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Just because he's king of Kalos doesn't mean he didn't originate from the Azoth Kingdom (which people think might be this region). And in which case, if that is true he'll probably be reappearing and having a role in these games.
    considering his Floette was given to him by his late mother before it was taken by soldiers, odds are he is from kalos.
    also there's a bit of a promblem with that azoth kingdom theory
    the areas involved are always in the movies are in or near the region where the anime is at at the time and the last movie for each gen features pokemon from the gen to come after

M2 was in the middle (dub) or outskirts(original) of the oragne islands, featured lugia and heralded in the 2ed gen
    M5 was on an isolated island south of azalea town, featured latios & latias and heralded in the 3ed gen
    M8 was in northern kanto,featured lucario and heralded in the 4th gen
    M13 was in sinnoh, featured zoroark & zorua and heralded in the 5th gen
    M16 was in unova, featured mega mewtwo Y and herald in the current gen, #6
    M19 features a 7th gen pokemon margarita magearna so odds are its in kalos.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Azoth is an anime only location going by the old threads. Plus if it were the backpacker's region it would mean Ash went to a far off region for the movie events, which seems odd...that's saved for after the league.

Btw, where does the idea of AZ's mom giving him the Floette come from anyways? I don't remember reading that while playing Y.

Back