• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
Years
  • Honestly the Exp. Share was probably the thing I liked least about gen VI even when Gen I had the Exp. All which was similar to the Gen VI Exp. Share the exp was shared evenly among all Pokemon on the team

Years
  • Yeah, they could end up like the Trunk in the originals and their remakes, or like the cars in the Skyarrow bridge in Gen V.

It was cool seeing cars actually driving on the bridges in Unova, but it was only for aesthetic purposes. Hopefully we'll see them driving around if this region seems to be based on Hawaii, like how Unova was New York.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • 4. Less Legendaries, much rarer like Latios/Latias. I don't want to be able to find Legendaries in dank caves or underground labs just because I have an HM. I want finding Legendaries to be a big deal, like it was In Gen 2 & 3. I also don't want there to be a trio of them like those dumb Regis or Dogs. Maybe limit it to 1 or 2 per game, so it feels like it's actually rare.
    This. I would really love if you have to "work" ingame for a legendary, e.g. a multi-layer dungeon (cave, mountain, tower) which good puzzles, demanding battles, and to top it off it tells the story of that pokemon before you can battle it at the end, trying to capture it. The Kanto birds in XY were a step in a direction, but way too tedious.

On that note, I am all for a simplified method to get competitive legendaries. Maybe a post-game "farm" or training ground for pokemon, where you can alter the nature and IVs of mons without too much hassle? (Of course you'd have to do something in return)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't have any issues with "filler" Pokemon given to random trainer NPCs. Whether this generation has it or not, I wouldn't care. I mean if it's in the middle of a whole load of trainers you've just been battling, you're low on HP and don't have access to Fly, why not have a filler trainer? It takes up space that would've been filled by a stronger trainer. Doesn't matter where you are in the games but yeah. Plus I guess it helps those useless Pokemon become something more than a forgotten memory.

In regards to experience: I don't care as long as it isn't like in generation I and the painful menu that I constantly have to see after every single battle. Whatever we get WILL be a million times better. They can't stuff that up. :')

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • The thing is we haven't even had an Electric type Elite Four member yet. So if they wanted they could do that and give us a break from Electric type Gym Leaders.

Now there's an idea…
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Another type I feel is overused in gyms is the ice type...and they're usually near the end which is embarrassing because they're usually total pushovers.

I remember that the Ice-type gym from either Kanto or Johto had this really fiendishly difficult puzzle that drove me bonkers (in a good way, that is;) you know: the one where you have to push the blocks around to get to all the Trainers a la The Legend of Zelda? I have a love/hate relationship with that gym…

Last edited:
    Years
  • I suddenly got another idea I want to share with there.
    What about they made hidden cheat feature in Pokemon Sun & Moon.
    Like during the game we will find hidden cheats with a lot of money and items.
    Some cheats can have TM/HM you can't get anywhere else, the same can be for Items.
    and the last can be at you can find very rare Key Items in hidden cheats.

Years
  • I suddenly got another idea I want to share with there.
    What about they made hidden cheat feature in Pokemon Sun & Moon.
    Like during the game we will find hidden cheats with a lot of money and items.
    Some cheats can have TM/HM you can't get anywhere else, the same can be for Items.
    and the last can be at you can find very rare Key Items in hidden cheats.

Cheats are something I likely don't see working in Pokemon. But it would be interesting to see how it would be executed if they were to include it.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    1. No more HM's. Since TM's are infinite now, there's no reason for HM's to be permanent. Move Deleter is dumb.
    he's not dumb, he's just got alzheimers and even if they made HM's non-permanet theres no reason to kill off the move delter. rather then HMs i'd rather have a system reliant upon key items & it would be awesome to have another mech that actually served a purpose like robo kyoger

hell, game freak could just bring in a drill dozer that looks like a pokemon if they really waned to
    i always wondered why they never put anything like mecha battles in order to get past certain points or pokemon battles with certain restrictions. even the newer types of battles get left in the dust. inverse, rotation, triple, horde... all of them should have been more widespread across the games but more some reason wasn't. especially horde battles, you would think team magma/aqua would have more then one squad of grunts ready to jump the player & each squad having 6 pokemon per member.
    hell, even the wild horde encounters had to few mons ready to strike.
    they should have stuck with the original concept of pokmon horde encounters

2. No more EXP. Share. The idea is very good, but it was executed terribly in Generation 6. I'd rather they not ruin Generation 7, or at least balance the EXP share.
    "balance the exp share" it was balanced, if you didn't like how it was set up you could have always just turned it off
    i think we should just return to the current "exp share" back to the name it had back in gen 1(exp all) and keep it as a key item then bring back the held item version of the exp share. having it on during the story was always the same as clicking on easy mode in the mario & luigi series.
    3. Level cap? For about 20 years now, we've been limited to level 100. I would suggest an increase to 150 or 200. This would severely change the competitive gameplay (even though it's all RNG) but it would make for more interesting battles. Of course everything would have to be scaled as well, but having to fight the E4 with level ~50 pokemon doesn't feel epic.
    theres no need for this, they just need to put npcs with better teams that have reached the cap. if they had done this with oras's e4 it would have been extremity horrible trying to farm enough gold for most of those house items.
    4. Less Legendaries, much rarer like Latios/Latias. I don't want to be able to find Legendaries in dank caves or underground labs just because I have an HM. I want finding Legendaries to be a big deal, like it was In Gen 2 & 3. I also don't want there to be a trio of them like those dumb Regis or Dogs. Maybe limit it to 1 or 2 per game, so it feels like it's actually rare.
    the regis took more then "just some HM" to find. especially if you didn't have a braille chart or access to the internet.
    5. Lastly, I want to see more than 8 Gyms. Since when has anyone cared about the story in Pokemon? All I see talk of is breeding, competitive and gameplay. No one cares about the dumb story, give me 16 Gyms like Generation 2 did (which is why i loved it so much) and make them all challenging. None of this 3-pokemon crap, every Gym Leader in my opinion should have 6. Done and Done.
    i agree with this. also they should raise the difficulty of the puzzles, not just the ones to get to gym leaders either.
    victory road has really gone down hill when its supposed to be some difficult struggle to get to the top.

I'll like to see some rescue missions too, perhaps the emergency vehicles in the concept art hint at that.
    that reminds me, wasn't "soaring though the sky" a variation of "fly" originally from pokemon ranger guardian signs?
    this also brings me back to the whole robo kyoger and mecha thing.
    we got fly, surf, strength, flash, whirlpool, waterfall, rock smash, dive, rock climb, dig, teleport, soft boiled, head butt, sweet sent, secret power and chatter.
    the hms could be fly, surf, strength, flash, whirlpool, waterfall, rock smash, dive, rock climb, dig & head butt but without the whole "this move can't be deleted" crap
    in the case of robo kyoger, it served the purpose of surf & whirlpool. the eon flute would have been perfect if there was a way to disable the long animation & be able to jump around via touch screen town map like how you can with fly in oras.
    it would be great to have mech that would be able to go into a robot mode and follow you around with certain upgrades to be unlocked at certain points
    each parts required a certain hm to be shown to a certain npc.
    headbutt would be the fist one & its default with each upgrade requiring the use of the hms to program the mech to be able to use the moves
    strength would give the mech arms with hands to push stuff around with
    rock smash would require strength & would enhance the hands to make them more durable

fly would give it a jet pack & make it so its legs could merge into a turbine
    surf would give it fins and enhance the turbine which would be required to get the whirlpool upgrades.
    whirlpool would enhance the fins & turbines
    dig would enhance the armour & give the mech two half drill arms that merge into a bigger drill(directly ripped from the drill dozer model)

dive would require surf, dig, & whirlpool upgrades and would enhance the armour, turbines, fins & drills & make it so the drill arms could turn into propellers. also you would have to use the drill to burrow though certain obstacles underwater
    rock climb would require dig and rock smash, would double the half dill arms make it so the feet & hands could turn into drills and the mech will scurry around spider style

finally in case needs to cope with this gif↑ i left a gift in the spoiler
    Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't think we need new battle modes. We have a lot to choose from anyway. I mean I'm sure they will create new battle modes but why do it? Don't we have enough new battle modes ignored enough already? I suppose they could always make double battles standard in-game (which would be a bad move) but that's all they're probably going to do in regards to adding more/changing things in regards to battling. Besides, I don't think they're going to make any major changes until we move to another device so we should be good with the battle modes we have already.

Back