• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime speculation and expectation!

Years
    Assuming the writers give up on the idea that Ash winning a league means the series is over, that works.

Definitely not. Her goal is "Kalos Queen", meaning she's clearly going to stay in Kalos afterwards and leave the cast.

Remember that XY brought in a new team of writers so there's the chance they may not end Ash's journey for the entire anime just by having him win the Kalos League, because he might still hear about a new region and the new Pokemon that are native there.

And agreed about Serena being a "Kalos Queen" so that there's no point she'll accompany Ash in Alola.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Remember that XY brought in a new team of writers so there's the chance they may not end Ash's journey for the entire anime just by having him win the Kalos League, because he might still hear about a new region and the new Pokemon that are native there.

And agreed about Serena being a "Kalos Queen" so that there's no point she'll accompany Ash in Alola.

Yeah, here's hoping. Then again, even with a new team of writers, that didn't have them averting the tradition of replacing the prior gen girl with the new girl, so we can't say with 100% certainty they won't do that. That said, they are most likely priming to have Ash at least win the Kalos League and possibly fight the Elite 4 (whether he'll actually beat them and become Kalos champ remains to be seen).

Years
    I want Ash win Alola league and not Kalos league, I want Serena travel With Ash in Alola region and new companion can join them.
    I want Ash and Serena become couple in Alola and Ash get Litten as starter Pokemon, Serena get Popplio and the New comapion get Rowlet.
    I want Gary to Return and travel With Ash and his Group.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    If Hypothecally Pokemon Sun and Moon Anime airs on November , How long is left before we get the first teaser ??
    This is July so we have 4 month left until November . So , The first teaser should air on August or September.

In all fairness regarding the Viridian Gym incident, Giovanni DID effectively hand them over gym duties by supplying them with Pok?mon and telling them to hold down the fort regarding the Gym, so they could be forgiven for mistakingly thinking that he made them Gym Leaders (also, I don't think that they thought he gave them the position because of Togepi. In fact, if anything, they actually ended up having to apologize to Giovanni for wasting his time just before he got that call). And technically, Togepi blew up Viridian Gym, not Team Rocket. They DID plan on blowing up Ash's platform, though. And let's face it, they DID give Ash a run for his money, beating Squirtle and Bulbasaur effortlessly (it was only due to dumb luck and sheer willpower that Ash managed to win, and I must admit, I was more impressed with his beating them there than with the Caterpie incident.).

As far as your other points, 1. if he couldn't take Charizard along in BW, it's unlikely he'll take him along for the Sun/Moon region; 2. When has Ash NOT gotten an Ash-Pok?mon?; 3. Only if Mega Evolutions are in the new region. And again, that's assuming Ash even heads over to the new region. For all we know, they'll just end up cancelling the anime due to bad sales, and we know it's got bad merchandising sales, ratings, and box office receipts, which leads me to be doubtful that they'll even be able to continue on.

For a million time , Pokemon anime isn't near cancellation.
    It ranked Top 5 in the TV-Tokyo's financial chart for Highest sales.
    I gave you the Actual source with Prove !

Also , Giovanni didn't made Jessie and James temporary Gym-leader because he trust them.
    He had an emergency So he gave the responsibility of the Gym to the closest pawn.
    Plus , He never cared about Gym ! He only used it to Test Mewtwo's power and Giovanni needed Mewtwo to deal with that emergency.
    Do I have to remind you that Giovanni made Jessie and James in charge to a damage flip So they could crash it and he gets the insurance money.
    He didn't cared about Jessie and James's possibility of dying in the crash!
    You don't do that with your reliable employee , You do that with your "expandable" Employee.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    If Hypothecally Pokemon Sun and Moon Anime airs on November , How long is left before we get the first teaser ??
    This is July so we have 4 month left until November . So , The first teaser should air on August or September.

Yeah, and most likely, if they're going to air it, they'll have the 20th anniversary of the anime in mind.

For a million time , Pokemon anime isn't near cancellation.
    It ranked Top 5 in the TV-Tokyo's financial chart for Highest sales.
    I gave you the Actual source with Prove !

According to littlehero, it actually spent most of its time OUT of the Top 5, and he's read those sources as well. Heck, even Dogasu is very concerned right now ESPECIALLY considering how both XY movies utterly bombed (and the second movie was such a disaster that it did the unprecedented and actually outranked Pok?mon Heroes as the worst-performing Pok?mon movie ever), and considering how he spends a lot of time in Japan and follows the Japanese elements, and he generally is confident that Pok?mon will prevail based on his commentary on the Pok?mon vs. Yokai Watch issue, that's pretty serious if even he has doubts based on the current movie figures.

Also , Giovanni didn't made Jessie and James temporary Gym-leader because he trust them.
    He had an emergency So he gave the responsibility of the Gym to the closest pawn.

That's pretty much true, and I did pretty much infer that Giovanni didn't trust them ("I don't think that they thought he gave them the position because of Togepi. In fact, if anything, they actually ended up having to apologize to Giovanni for wasting his time just before he got that call" That's what I said in the previous post).

Plus , He never cared about Gym ! He only used it to Test Mewtwo's power and Giovanni needed Mewtwo to deal with that emergency.
    Do I have to remind you that Giovanni made Jessie and James in charge to a damage flip So they could crash it and he gets the insurance money.

Got a source for that (like a line of dialogue or the script)? Because I don't remember it ever being mentioned in the anime, English or Japanese version, that he even had plans to destroy the gym to cash in on insurance. If anything, their conference in the immediate next episode suggested he was extremely ticked off with them. While one can reasonably assume he didn't care about gym duties, there's literally nothing to suggest he was willing to go so far as to torch the entire place as part of an insurance scam.

He didn't cared about Jessie and James's possibility of dying in the crash!
    You don't do that with your reliable employee , You do that with your "expandable" Employee.

Yeah, and he considers everyone expendable, even Mewtwo. After all, that's why Mewtwo betrayed him.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    So since this forum is supposed to be about the Alola Region Anime (I know--- if it happens)

I was thinking about the way they were calling each other "cousin" in the SM release announcement video.

What if Ash wins the Kalos region league? Does it make him a pokemon master? umm.. not really.. the story could change angle. He could go to theAlola region to help a cousin become a strong trainer, coordinator, breeder, researcher or whatever... still collecting more pokemon and developing them into becoming a strong trainer their, too. They could have some other new character sidekicks as well.

...or a "cousin" could hear of Ash's win and want Ash to come try his region out. I doubt that the stage for gym leaders goes away, since the Anime and games do have match up somewhat. unless the games changed, too...hmmm.. We have not seen any gym leaders yet, where we have in the past by now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah, and most likely, if they're going to air it, they'll have the 20th anniversary of the anime in mind.

According to littlehero, it actually spent most of its time OUT of the Top 5, and he's read those sources as well. Heck, even Dogasu is very concerned right now ESPECIALLY considering how both XY movies utterly bombed (and the second movie was such a disaster that it did the unprecedented and actually outranked Pok?mon Heroes as the worst-performing Pok?mon movie ever), and considering how he spends a lot of time in Japan and follows the Japanese elements, and he generally is confident that Pok?mon will prevail based on his commentary on the Pok?mon vs. Yokai Watch issue, that's pretty serious if even he has doubts based on the current movie figures.

That's pretty much true, and I did pretty much infer that Giovanni didn't trust them ("I don't think that they thought he gave them the position because of Togepi. In fact, if anything, they actually ended up having to apologize to Giovanni for wasting his time just before he got that call" That's what I said in the previous post).

Got a source for that (like a line of dialogue or the script)? Because I don't remember it ever being mentioned in the anime, English or Japanese version, that he even had plans to destroy the gym to cash in on insurance. If anything, their conference in the immediate next episode suggested he was extremely ticked off with them. While one can reasonably assume he didn't care about gym duties, there's literally nothing to suggest he was willing to go so far as to torch the entire place as part of an insurance scam.

Yeah, and he considers everyone expendable, even Mewtwo. After all, that's why Mewtwo betrayed him.

The 20th anniversary of the anime is on April 1st, 2017. Usually the new generation of the anime wouldn't have such a long gap. However, if they decide to replace Ash then they could start it later than usual as they advertise the anime with a new main character.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The 20th anniversary of the anime is on April 1st, 2017. Usually the new generation of the anime wouldn't have such a long gap. However, if they decide to replace Ash then they could start it later than usual as they advertise the anime with a new main character.

Yes, I know, but the Sun and Moon anime's likely to start airing in at least November, if not a bit later, and considering the release of various merchandise that really doesn't fit in with the 20th anniversary of the games or other times the anime had merchandising (eg, the release of the GEM series Ash and Misty figurines, plus the upcoming Brock figurine and from that same set, all in their original series. Generally, they don't release new merchandise promoting old characters unless they're actually going to be in it, and since this is the 20th anniversary for the games, not the anime, it can't be for that anniversary.), it's likely they're planning something big for Sun and Moon's anime to promote it.

Years

There's now a rumor going around that Sun & Moon won't have any Gyms and the protagonist has to create the Alola League. If Alola having no Gyms is the case, the XY anime may be Ash's last hurrah (since he always challenges a region's Gyms) and the SM anime could focus around a brand-new protagonist entirely, who has a different type of goal.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    So , I guess we will get the first teaser on August or September!
    Maybe, They will reveal Ash's new design.
    Off Course , They could surprise all of us by showing a Teenage Ash and reveal the new series take place after 2 or 3 year after Kalos.

Who care what they say ? They are just some member or site owner with their OWN FREAKING OPINION.
    They doesn't decide anything.
    However , The Financial chart of TV-Tokyo reveal Pokemon to be in Top 5 position for highest sales.
    That's fact , Not opinion .
    Therefore , TV-Tokyo will not cancel Pokemon soon considering they are still airing Battle Spirit and Yugioh despite those anime having even lesser rating and sales then Pokemon.
    Furthermore , Even Dosagu admitted that Youkai Watch will not last long against Pokemon.

Cheek the episode : "A Scare in the Air"
    Giovanni put Jessie and James in charge of his blimp But later he reveal that the blimp is damage and he want it to crash so he can finally get the insurance money.

Giovanni consider Mewtwo a tool , not expendable !
    That's why he came after Mewtwo since it was very valuable tool for him !
    Not an expendable tool .
    However , Giovanni consider Jessie and James to be a expendable tool !

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    So , I guess we will get the first teaser on August or September!
    Maybe, They will reveal Ash's new design.
    Off Course , They could surprise all of us by showing a Teenage Ash and reveal the new series take place after 2 or 3 year after Kalos.

We'll see. Especially with the rumor that Sun and Moon doesn't even have gyms that Hikamaru pointed out.

And we can't say with absolute certainty they'll reveal Ash's new design by that time. For all we know, they may do something similar to the end of DP where they don't even show Ash's new design until literally the last episode of DP (or in this case, the last episode of XY), which means they may just wait until November to have a concept art of Ash appear.

Who care what they say ? They are just some member or site owner with their OWN FREAKING OPINION.
    They doesn't decide anything.
    However , The Financial chart of TV-Tokyo reveal Pokemon to be in Top 5 position for highest sales.
    That's fact , Not opinion .
    Therefore , TV-Tokyo will not cancel Pokemon soon considering they are still airing Battle Spirit and Yugioh despite those anime having even lesser rating and sales then Pokemon.
    Furthermore , Even Dosagu admitted that Youkai Watch will not last long against Pokemon.

littlehero looked up the ratings on that anime ratings site, Anime News Network and he also noted whether they were in the top 5 or not. And that site would analyze, yes, the financial records from the original Japanese source. So yes, what they said WAS fact as well. And as far as Dogasu, I did point that out, in fact, and yet he's STILL concerned after how much of a bomb both of Pok?mon's two XY movies were. Just read what he has to say here: https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/old_news_archive/december_2015.html

An article on the entertainment site Bunka Tsuushin had an interview with Ichikawa Minami, one of the board directors for Toho Co., Ltd., the movie studio that puts out all the Pokemon films. The interview, which was about how Toho movies as a whole did in 2015, had a brief section on this year's Pokemon movie:

Interviewer: The box office earnings for the Pokemon series has been going down for a few years now. This year's film, Pok?mon the movie XY "The Archdjinn of the Rings, Hoopa," is expected to receive around 25 billion yen, which seems to be down from last year as well. How do you see what's happening?

Mr. Ichikawa: In the past the movies have earned in the 25 billion yen range only to do a complete turnaround the following year so we're not all that worried. Especially since next year will be the 20th anniversary of the video games and TV series and the year after that will be the 20th anniversary of the movies. We're looking forward to the next couple of anniversary years. This series is this genuinely huge sensation that's been drawing in audiences every summer for nearly 20 years. If we didn't have Pokemon then we'd have 30, maybe even 40 billion yen less and it would be difficult for us to make other projects. It's a very important series to us and we won't we scared by little setbacks like this.

???????????????????????????????????????? ???????? ???????????25?????????????????????????????????????

???????????20????????????????????????????????????????????????????20????? ?????????????20??????????????????????????????????20????????????????????? ????????????????????????30??40?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

Interviewer: So you're looking forward to the next couple of anniversary years.

Mr. Ichikawa: If you look at the animated movies we distribute, Doraemon's been doing consistently well and both of this year's Crayon Shin-chan and Detective Conan movies have peformed the best of any movie in their respective series. And if you think about it, the elementary and preschool students who were watching Crayon Shin-chan twenty years ago are now parents who are repeating the cycle by taking their kids to the theaters. The same is happening with Pokemon...

????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????20???????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????...

Well, one, Mr. Ichikawa's dates are a bit off. Next year is indeed the 20th anniversary of the video games, but the 20th anniversary of the animated series isn't until 2017. And the movies' anniversary won't be until 2018.

Two, I wish I could be as optimistic as Mr. Ichikawa here, but it's hard to ignore what I see as a very clear indication that people just aren't interested in watching new Pokemon movies every every single year anymore. Next year's movie has already been confirmed to be happening but after that? Will there be a movie in 2017? Is next year's movie going to suffer from heavy budget cutbacks to make up for the Hoopa movie's performance? Will the movie series continue to flail about helplessly, refusing to die with any shred of dignity?

Next year will be interesting to say the least.

And this is from the same guy who, as both you and I pointed out, was optimistic enough about the anime to think that Pok?mon will outlast Yokai Watch despite all of the evidence. And for the record, various Japanese sites, specifically Oricion, confirmed that the Hoopa Movie's DVD/Blu-Ray sales dropped to 14th place just on its second week, and ranked 42nd place overall, meaning it's sales were a bust (as Dogasu said, by comparison, a Special Edition of Love Live! The School Idol Movie was the movie that ranked #1).

Cheek the episode : "A Scare in the Air"
    Giovanni put Jessie and James in charge of his blimp But later he reveal that the blimp is damage and he want it to crash so he can finally get the insurance money.

That's just for the blimp, not for the Viridian Gym. Unless you've got something actually confirming he just set them up to blow up Viridian Gym just to cash in on insurance, we can't say he did that.

Giovanni consider Mewtwo a tool , not expendable !
    That's why he came after Mewtwo since it was very valuable tool for him !
    Not an expendable tool .
    However , Giovanni consider Jessie and James to be a expendable tool !

When he did come for Mewtwo, however, he decided he was willing to have Mewtwo expend his power and possibly kill himself just to settle a petty grudge, something even Black Tulip advised against because it would take too long to recreate Mewtwo, IF he could be recreated at all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    We'll see. Especially with the rumor that Sun and Moon doesn't even have gyms that Hikamaru pointed out.

I also heard about the Island trial !
    Which mean , Ash doesn't has to lose the Kalos league to go to Alola region! In fact , There is no excuse for Ash to lose to Alain.
    Specially since Alola might not even has a league.
    littlehero looked up the ratings on that anime ratings site, Anime News Network and he also noted whether they were in the top 5 or not. And that site would analyze, yes, the financial records from the original Japanese source. So yes, what they said WAS fact as well. And as far as Dogasu, I did point that out, in fact, and yet he's STILL concerned after how much of a bomb both of Pok?mon's two XY movies were. Just read what he has to say here: https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/old_news_archive/december_2015.html

And this is from the same guy who, as both you and I pointed out, was optimistic enough about the anime to think that Pok?mon will outlast Yokai Watch despite all of the evidence. And for the record, various Japanese sites, specifically Oricion, confirmed that the Hoopa Movie's DVD/Blu-Ray sales dropped to 14th place just on its second week, and ranked 42nd place overall, meaning it's sales were a bust (as Dogasu said, by comparison, a Special Edition of Love Live! The School Idol Movie was the movie that ranked #1).

Jotho had bad movies but it didn't meant Pokemon was near-cancellation.
    Specially since now only XY movies has bad Box office performance.
    However , BW movie has best performance in Box office So you can't just claim Pokemon to be near-cancellation because current series has bad movies .
    Chances are the Next Series will have better movies ! In fact , The Upcoming Movie might become a hit.

So What Little-Hero cheek rating ? I also cheek TV-rating of Japanese anime long before he sign up here.
    A lot of anime has lower rating including Gintama , Love-live , Naruto etc etc But none of them is not near cancellation.
    And I saw the financial that proves that Pokemon is among 5 anime that has highest sales in TV Tokyo.
    Therefore , TV-Tokyo will not cancel pokemon now since they haven't cancelled battle sprit.
    Movies is whole different thing and has nothing to do with TV-Tokyo .

That's just for the blimp, not for the Viridian Gym. Unless you've got something actually confirming he just set them up to blow up Viridian Gym just to cash in on insurance, we can't say he did that.

I was talking about Blimp from the beginning ! It proves that Giovanni saw Jessie and James as disappointment and expendable to get insurance money.

When he did come for Mewtwo, however, he decided he was willing to have Mewtwo expend his power and possibly kill himself just to settle a petty grudge, something even Black Tulip advised against because it would take too long to recreate Mewtwo, IF he could be recreated at all.

That doesn't mean expandable .
    Giovanni was willing to torture Mewtwo to death to have him work with him because it was too valuable tool for him.
    That's why Mewtwo wipe his memory or else he would have chase after mewtwo forever.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I also heard about the Island trial !
    Which mean , Ash doesn't has to lose the Kalos league to go to Alola region! In fact , There is no excuse for Ash to lose to Alain.
    Specially since Alola might not even has a league.

It also means we don't even know if Ash is even GOING to Alola. For all we know, that means Ash will be retired as a character.

Jotho had bad movies but it didn't meant Pokemon was near-cancellation.
    Specially since now only XY movies has bad Box office performance.
    However , BW movie has best performance in Box office So you can't just claim Pokemon to be near-cancellation because current series has bad movies .
    Chances are the Next Series will have better movies ! In fact , The Upcoming Movie might become a hit.

Johto's movies weren't nearly as bad as XY's movies though. Heck, the Hoopa movie actually made even Pok?mon Heroes seem like a smash hit by comparison, that's how bad it was. And besides, XY's movies were unprecedented in that even the beginning of the movie line did not surpass the prior series' films (Johto doesn't count since that was part of the original series and not a separate series). Most other movie series ever since the first reboot with AG had the beginning movie of the series doing better than the final movie of the prior series. Even Best Wishes managed to do good in that area. XY's the first one where its debut movie doesn't surpass the final movie of the prior series, or even breaks even. This is definitely a different beast altogether.

So What Little-Hero cheek rating ? I also cheek TV-rating of Japanese anime long before he sign up here.
    A lot of anime has lower rating including Gintama , Love-live , Naruto etc etc But none of them is not near cancellation.
    And I saw the financial that proves that Pokemon is among 5 anime that has highest sales in TV Tokyo.
    Therefore , TV-Tokyo will not cancel pokemon now since they haven't cancelled battle sprit.
    Movies is whole different thing and has nothing to do with TV-Tokyo .

Anime News Network, and he also notes whether it was even in the top 10. And many times it was not. And it did bad enough to move to another station, which is virtually the same thing.

I was talking about Blimp from the beginning ! It proves that Giovanni saw Jessie and James as disappointment and expendable to get insurance money.

Yeah, and last I checked, you mentioned the insurance scam thing when we were talking about Viridian Gym. Not the blimp, that was AFTER I asked for the source of Giovanni specifically using JJM to cash in on insurance for Viridian Gym.

That doesn't mean expandable .
    Giovanni was willing to torture Mewtwo to death to have him work with him because it was too valuable tool for him.
    That's why Mewtwo wipe his memory or else he would have chase after mewtwo forever.

No, Giovanni was willing to kill him just to settle a grudge, something even Black Tulip noted was a bad idea since the risks were far too great of not being able to either revive him or making a replacement.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It also means we don't even know if Ash is even GOING to Alola. For all we know, that means Ash will be retired as a character.

Or , Writers can just bring back all old character with Ash and turn pokemon into one crazy gap anime like Gintama without the dirty jocks and Blood .
    Pokemon is not ending without a Team Rocket finale arc where finally Giovanni goes down with Team rocket while Jessie and James ether change their life for better or rots in jail for rest of their life.

Johto's movies weren't nearly as bad as XY's movies though. Heck, the Hoopa movie actually made even Pok?mon Heroes seem like a smash hit by comparison, that's how bad it was. And besides, XY's movies were unprecedented in that even the beginning of the movie line did not surpass the prior series' films (Johto doesn't count since that was part of the original series and not a separate series). Most other movie series ever since the first reboot with AG had the beginning movie of the series doing better than the final movie of the prior series. Even Best Wishes managed to do good in that area. XY's the first one where its debut movie doesn't surpass the final movie of the prior series, or even breaks even. This is definitely a different beast altogether.

Jotho movies were Bad but it didn't mean all future Movies will be bad.
    Specially BW Movies has highest grossing profit despite the bad reputation of the series.
    Just because Hoopa movie sucked doesn't mean Pokemon is in near cancellation

Anime News Network, and he also notes whether it was even in the top 10. And many times it was not. And it did bad enough to move to another station, which is virtually the same thing.

Hello , Haven't you heard what I said ? I cheek the rating as well from the same freaking site.
    For your information , Youkai Watch's rating dropped as well ! Now they doesn't regularly appear on Top 10 and only has similar rating as pokemon.

Yeah, and last I checked, you mentioned the insurance scam thing when we were talking about Viridian Gym. Not the blimp, that was AFTER I asked for the source of Giovanni specifically using JJM to cash in on insurance for Viridian Gym.

Since when I mentioned Viradian gym had anything to do with insurance ! I was mentioning the filp or blimp from the beginning.
    I also said that Giovanni didn't cared about the gym much and only use it to test Mewtwo since he never return to the gym as gym-leader.

No, Giovanni was willing to kill him just to settle a grudge, something even Black Tulip noted was a bad idea since the risks were far too great.

It has nothing to do with grudge !
    Giovanni wanted to control mewtwo again but Mewtwo was resisting it and was willing to die .
    Giovanni also mention Mewtwo to be his weapon to rule the world , Not something to destroy over a petty grudge.
    If you don't believe me then cheek the movie yourself.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Or , Writers can just bring back all old character with Ash and turn pokemon into one crazy gap anime like Gintama without the dirty jocks and Blood .
    Pokemon is not ending without a Team Rocket finale arc where finally Giovanni goes down with Team rocket while Jessie and James ether change their life for better or rots in jail for rest of their life.

Maybe so, but we cannot discount the possibility that they might remove Ash, even though I'm personally hoping they do bring back all the old characters. And just because it's an anime doesn't mean the writers won't pull a "Woody's Finest Hour" on this by cutting it short. Remember, Love Hina was an anime, yet that got cut short by its second season.

Jotho movies were Bad but it didn't mean all future Movies will be bad.
    Specially BW Movies has highest grossing profit despite the bad reputation of the series.
    Just because Hoopa movie sucked doesn't mean Pokemon is in near cancellation

TVTropes does indicate that most Japanese people aren't caring about the anime, now. And the bad ratings combined with it being out of the top 10 most of the time according to Anime News Network would strongly suggest that the anime's in a similar situation. In fact, the Kalos League, probably the one big thing fans would expect, isn't even among the Top 10. Don't believe me, just look at these:

6/20-6/26: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-30/japan-animation-tv-ranking-june-20-26/.103824

6/27-7/3: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-07/japan-animation-tv-ranking-june-27-july-3/.104068

The first had a cut-off point of 3.4, and the second one had a cut-off point of 2.3. Meaning the episodes had to do even WORSE than those ratings. Think about it, why would an event most people would be awaiting not even make the top 10 if it was still profitable?

Hello , Haven't you heard what I said ? I cheek the rating as well from the same freaking site.
    For your information , Youkai Watch's rating dropped as well ! Now they doesn't regularly appear on Top 10 and only has similar rating as pokemon.

Yeah, and littlehero and poke245 made sure to note the ratings as well as whether it was on the top 10 as well, or if it was dropped from there.

Since when I mentioned Viradian gym had anything to do with insurance ! I was mentioning the filp or blimp from the beginning.
    I also said that Giovanni didn't cared about the gym much and only use it to test Mewtwo since he never return to the gym as gym-leader.

You never even mentioned the blimp the first time you mentioned the insurance scam.

It has nothing to do with grudge !
    Giovanni wanted to control mewtwo again but Mewtwo was resisting it and was willing to die .
    Giovanni also mention Mewtwo to be his weapon to rule the world , Not something to destroy over a petty grudge.
    If you don't believe me then cheek the movie yourself.

I DID check the movie myself, and I also went by Dogasu's comparison site, and he made it pretty clear that Black Tulip was telling Giovanni that it was not worth killing Mewtwo in both the dub and the Japanese version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Maybe so, but we cannot discount the possibility that they might remove Ash, even though I'm personally hoping they do bring back all the old characters. And just because it's an anime doesn't mean the writers won't pull a "Woody's Finest Hour" on this by cutting it short. Remember, Love Hina was an anime, yet that got cut short by its second season.

Love-hina 2nd season was cancel due to budget , Not rating !
    Many anime doesn't get squeal because of budget.
    Pokemon entering its 20 year anniversary so bring back older character is better way to celebrate it.
    Off course , Pokemon SM might be like Digimon Advnture that completely focus on Ash and 7 other trainers saving the world. Those 7 trainer happen to be the protagonist of previous pokemon game including May , Ethen , Rosa , Hilbert , Lucus and Alola protagonist.
    I mentioned May because she is the 1st female protagonist to appear in anime just like Ash is the 1st male protagonist of Pokemon anime.

TVTropes does indicate that most Japanese people aren't caring about the anime, now. And the bad ratings combined with it being out of the top 10 most of the time according to Anime News Network would strongly suggest that the anime's in a similar situation.

Many anime are out of Top 10 , Not just pokemon.
    But Pokemon is in Top 5 spot for higher sales which mean its in much better position then any other anime .

Yeah, and littlehero and poke245 made sure to note the ratings as well as whether it was on the top 10 as well, or if it was dropped from there.

Again , Those guy doesn't decide anything . They are just member with their own freaking opinion like you.
    After all , I claimed that Writer favor Alain & Shota over Ash for being their creation and shown prof about it But How many people believes it ?

You never even mentioned the blimp the first time you mentioned the insurance scam.

I mentioned the Filp because I don't knew the name of those ship.

I DID check the movie myself, and I also went by Dogasu's comparison site, and he made it pretty clear that Black Tulip was telling Giovanni that it was not worth killing Mewtwo in both the dub and the Japanese version

In Japanese , Giovanni says that Mewtwo's body is weakening !
    That's when Domino says that Giovanni can't let it die or everything will lost.
    But Giovanni didn't care because it was battle between him and Mewtwo's will.
    In other word , Giovanni has intention of killing Mewtwo !
    He simply wanted Mewtwo to ether serve him or die resisting.
    It has nothing to do with any grudge.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Love-hina 2nd season was cancel due to budget , Not rating !
    Many anime doesn't get squeal because of budget.
    Pokemon entering its 20 year anniversary so bring back older character is better way to celebrate it.
    Off course , Pokemon SM might be like Digimon Advnture that completely focus on Ash and 7 other trainers saving the world. Those 7 trainer happen to be the protagonist of previous pokemon game including May , Ethen , Rosa , Hilbert , Lucus and Alola protagonist.
    I mentioned May because she is the 1st female protagonist to appear in anime just like Ash is the 1st male protagonist of Pokemon anime.

Actually, Misty is the first female protagonist to appear in the anime, and even among the games, Kris/Marina is the first (Raikou special, remember? And she received a mention during the Silver Conference as well). May is the first female protagonist of the games to actually BE a protagonist in the anime, though. And anyways, Misty would probably make a comeback with the upcoming saga considering the fact that it's the first region since Hoenn to be primarily water (and the GEM series figurines aren't doing anything to dissuade this idea either).

Many anime are out of Top 10 , Not just pokemon.
    But Pokemon is in Top 5 spot for higher sales which mean its in much better position then any other anime .

Show me the figures for the higher sales. Bandai List, if anything, doesn't really factor Pok?mon sales anymore. Just ask IrregularMaverickZ if you don't believe me. He'll tell you. Heck, he even cited links toward that.

Again , Those guy doesn't decide anything . They are just member with their own freaking opinion like you.
    After all , I claimed that Writer favor Alain & Shota over Ash for being their creation and shown prof about it But How many people believes it ?

You DO realize that ratings are integral to people watching commercials and thus getting their revenue for that, right? They don't get their money simply by people watching the TV, not directly, since last I checked, we don't mail money over to the guys who make our TV programs. It's not like movie theaters, where we need to pay money for our tickets which then goes to the movie studio and everyone in it who made the movie via the box office.

I mentioned the Filp because I don't knew the name of those ship.

Ah, okay.

In Japanese , Giovanni says that Mewtwo's body is weakening !
    That's when Domino says that Giovanni can't let it die or everything will lost.
    But Giovanni didn't care because it was battle between him and Mewtwo's will.
    In other word , Giovanni has intention of killing Mewtwo !
    He simply wanted Mewtwo to ether serve him or die resisting.
    It has nothing to do with any grudge.

If he wanted it to serve, he would have at least lessened it so that, at the very least, Mewtwo would assume he was trying to change for its sake, even if that's NOT what was the case. It's not the first time he tricked it. Remember, he led Mewtwo to believe they would be partners, and Mewtwo fell for it despite it being a Psychic Type and largely communicating via telepathy.

Years
    Not that I hated any of the beginner rivals Ash has had but I hope whoever Ash's rival is in this series it won't be a rookie this time. After Trip, who was superior to him from the start even with 4 regions less experience, and Sawyer, who became ridiculously powerful in almost an instant, it'd be nice to see Ash have a rival who actually has prior experience in other leagues again. It doesn't even have to be the same amount of league experience as Ash has, even just a single region of experience would be refreshing and better than a 6 region veteran struggling against trainers right out of the Professor's lab.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Actually, Misty is the first female protagonist to appear in the anime, and even among the games, Kris/Marina is the first (Raikou special, remember? And she received a mention during the Silver Conference as well). May is the first female protagonist of the games to actually BE a protagonist in the anime, though. And anyways, Misty would probably make a comeback with the upcoming saga considering the fact that it's the first region since Hoenn to be primarily water (and the GEM series figurines aren't doing anything to dissuade this idea either).

Ah, okay.

Misty is the first supporting character , Not protagonist ! Just because she followed Ash around , that doesn't make her a protagonist.
    Its like considering Bulma as the protagonist of Dragonball series or Gwen as the protagonist of Ben 10.
    Both of them followed the protagonist but they were sidekicks/supporter.
    May on the otherhand , The 1st protagonist from the game to appear in anime and even had a real side-quest similar to Ash.

Show me the figures for the higher sales. Bandai List, if anything, doesn't really factor Pok?mon sales anymore. Just ask IrregularMaverickZ if you don't believe me. He'll tell you. Heck, he even cited links toward that.

Have IrregularMeverick shown you any actual list ?
    Plus , Pokemon doesn't rely on Bandai ! They has their own shop and brand.
    Seriously, Who is IrregularMeverick to decide anything ? He's just a member.
    You keep saying what he said and I claim what TV-Tokyo says.
    Who do you think is more reliable
    https://amrankings.tumblr.com/post/145790473976/tv-tokyos-most-profitable-anime-april-2015-to

See , Pokemon is one of 5 most profitable anime of Tv-Tokyo.
    So , TV-Tokyo will not cancel one of their profitable anime because of rating or Movies. Specially when they haven't cancel Animes with less rating and profit.

You DO realize that ratings are integral to people watching commercials and thus getting their revenue for that, right? They don't get their money simply by people watching the TV, not directly, since last I checked, we don't mail money over to the guys who make our TV programs. It's not like movie theaters, where we need to pay money for our tickets which then goes to the movie studio and everyone in it who made the movie via the box office.

Which prove that TV-Tokyo has nothing to do with Movies So they doesn't need to cancel pokemon because of bad movies profit.
    TV-Tokyo listed Pokemon for having top 5 for higher sales So they doesn't need to cancel pokemon.

If he wanted it to serve, he would have at least lessened it so that, at the very least, Mewtwo would assume he was trying to change for its sake, even if that's NOT what was the case. It's not the first time he tricked it. Remember, he led Mewtwo to believe they would be partners, and Mewtwo fell for it despite it being a Psychic Type and largely communicating via telepathy.

Haven't you heard what he said ?
    It was a battle between his and Mewtwo's will .
    So obviously he will not lessen it !

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Misty is the first supporting character , Not protagonist ! Just because she followed Ash around , that doesn't make her a protagonist.
    Its like considering Bulma as the protagonist of Dragonball series or Gwen as the protagonist of Ben 10.
    Both of them followed the protagonist but they were sidekicks/supporter.
    May on the otherhand , The 1st protagonist from the game to appear in anime and even had a real side-quest similar to Ash.

Unlike Bulma, however, Misty actually HAD an ongoing goal that REQUIRED being active, being a Water Pok?mon Master. And besides, the narration explicitly called her a hero ("our heroes continue their journey." Had it been me writing it and I wanted to make clear Ash was the sole main protagonist, I would have had the narrator say "Our hero and his sidekicks continue their main journey."). And yes, Misty DID have a goal.

Have IrregularMeverick shown you any actual list ?
    Plus , Pokemon doesn't rely on Bandai ! They has their own shop and brand.
    Seriously, Who is IrregularMeverick to decide anything ? He's just a member.
    You keep saying what he said and I claim what TV-Tokyo says.
    Who do you think is more reliable
    https://amrankings.tumblr.com/post/145790473976/tv-tokyos-most-profitable-anime-april-2015-to

Actually, Bandai's List is pretty much one of the more reliable lists indicating an anime's merchandising popularity. IrregularMaverick would know since he's very knowledgable of Japanese culture.

See , Pokemon is one of 5 most profitable anime of Tv-Tokyo.
    So , TV-Tokyo will not cancel one of their profitable anime because of rating or Movies. Specially when they haven't cancel Animes with less rating and profit.

I'll look at that Tumblr link, but I still doubt it, especially when it doesn't even match up with the ratings. Smells fishy, especially when ratings are often what gauges a show's survivability, especially regarding sales which are directly tied to advertisements during that.

Which prove that TV-Tokyo has nothing to do with Movies So they doesn't need to cancel pokemon because of bad movies profit.
    TV-Tokyo listed Pokemon for having top 5 for higher sales So they doesn't need to cancel pokemon.

If it was in the top five ratings in sales, they would be in the top five of ratings as well, because ratings also allow for profit from the commercials that air during that time. My uncle teaches advertisement and my aunt works for an ad agency, so I would know from them. In fact, that's actually one of the biggest reasons why ratings are such an important factor.

Haven't you heard what he said ?
    It was a battle between his and Mewtwo's will .
    So obviously he will not lessen it !

When you show mercy to someone, even if it's fake mercy to manipulate them, they generally end up submitting to you anyway. It's machiavellan.

Back