• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    I just want to say that this hack is beautifully-done. It is such a great homage to the interim between Gens I & II. Great work, lvl_3!!!

I have a question, though: where do you find HM04 (Strength)? I'm at Teknos City and I haven't gone through the mine yet. Thanks in advance! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    I'm stuck. Just got to Kanto City , don't know where to go to find Red. I have waterfall already but I can't use it yet until I beat Red. This is tricky.
    Where's he supposed to be?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2023
    Hi Lvl_3

I love what you did in this rom hack.
    Could you redo the Pokedex so it looks like the Pokedex from the demo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think you should change the category from Crystal to Gold. Since the newer versions is not Pokemon Crystal ROM Hack anymore.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Nearly finished with the post-game now; basically only got the Gym Leader and E4 rematches and then what I presume is the superboss on Rainbow Island to go. Just wanted to ask though whether there's a post-game rematch with the Rival at all? I've combed through basically all of the SW Isles and then went back to some locations from Nihon where I thought he could be, but haven't encountered him.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Nearly finished with the post-game now; basically only got the Gym Leader and E4 rematches and then what I presume is the superboss on Rainbow Island to go. Just wanted to ask though whether there's a post-game rematch with the Rival at all? I've combed through basically all of the SW Isles and then went back to some locations from Nihon where I thought he could be, but haven't encountered him.

You can battle him one final time in Nanjo Forest, but only on Wednesday. He's kinda hidden.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
    I'm curious if anyone is going to use Touhou sprites or movesets from TouhouMon Ordinary version into Spaceworld '97, after all isn't Gensokyo based in Japan?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    I raised a farfetche'd to lvl 25 but it won't evolve. Is this a bug? And if it isn't, how do I evolve it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    I raised a farfetche'd to lvl 25 but it won't evolve. Is this a bug? And if it isn't, how do I evolve it?

That's strange. Are you sure you're playing my game and not Reforged? There are differences with evolutions and learnsets between them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    Gloom -> Bellossom (Poison Stone)
    Poliwhirl - Politoed (Heart Stone)
    Weepinbell - Bipedal (Poison Stone)
    Farfetch'd - Madame (Level 25)
    Lickitung - Lickilicky (Trade Stone)
    Tangela - Tangrowth (Level 44)
    Scyther - Scizor (Level 41)
    Pinsir - Pluckross (Level 30)
    Eevee - Espeon (Heart) Umbreon (Poison) Leafeon (Leaf)
    Ditto - Animon (Trade Stone)
    Kotora - Raitora (Level 31)
    Natu - Xatu (Heart Stone)
    Sunfish 1 - Anchorage (Lvl 28) - Grotess (Lvl 39)
    Twinz - Girafarig (Lvl 29)
    Rinring - Bellring (Lvl 28)
    Qwilfish - Numpuff (Lvl 30)
    Kurstraw - Curpan (Lvl 29)
    Wolfman - Warwolf (Lvl 31)

All babies evolve via happiness. If I missed anything you can find it here https://github.com/lvl-3-g/gold97_upload/blob/master/data/pokemon/evos_attacks.asm

When I get my farfetched up to level 25 it doesn't evolve. Is it glitched?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    That's strange. Are you sure you're playing my game and not Reforged? There are differences with evolutions and learnsets between them.

I forgot which one I'm playing but if I am playing reforged how would I evolve it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    I just started Super Gold '97, but have one question. Is there any way to change the Type chart to the real Gen II, or is it set to only match the beta in Super Gold '97? Because in the original hack it looked like you could swap them back and forth.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    I just started Super Gold '97, but have one question. Is there any way to change the Type chart to the real Gen II, or is it set to only match the beta in Super Gold '97? Because in the original hack it looked like you could swap them back and forth.

You could in the original, but not this version, sorry. I wanted to focus on balancing the game around the beta type chart, and also I had assistance adding that feature in the original and am not really sure how to add it to the new version on my own.

Back