• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I got the machine part for the ship on the post-game island. Is that the true end of the game?

This was a blast to play but I would love it if there was more to do after beating the elite four. Also, I'd be happy to see a version that was harder and/or incorporated some elements from newer games, namely updated moves and movepools.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • nice to see a rom hack based on the GS 97 demo. glad to see a gen 2 hack as well as there haven't been many for months, let alone completed, for years. good job with this hack dude!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Have now 4 Badges, reached Honto Town and none of the Rockets give me a Key and where can find HM Surf in the Game?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2023
    Does anyone know where I can find Kotora? I figure it has to be on one of the routes before the second Rival battle, but I haven't had any luck tracking it down.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Where's HM07? That's waterfall btw. I have no clue and I need it to get to the League.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    After you talk to the NPC in Princely Town who tells you to scale the waterfall, go back to the route between Silent Hills and Kanto. The rubble blocking the route from the Silent Hills side will be cleared and the guy in charge hands you the HM.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Ayee! So the egg which I received from the daycare man hatched into a shiny Magby! Just wanted to ask if I just lucked out or was it scripted to be a shiny?

Attachments

• gold-97_1581220071490.png
      gold-97_1581220071490.png
      2.5 KB · Views: 54

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Aye, so I finally managed to catch an Eevee in the wild (that 1% encounter tho) and after looking at my team's composition, I decided that k wanted to evolve it into an Umbreon. Does anyone have any idea as to where I can get a Poison stone? I'm aware that you get one in "Kanto city" but that sounds like it's in the Postgame. Is there any place in Nihon where I can find/purchase one?
    I'm currently 5 badges in if that helps, thank you so much in advance!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Aye, so I finally managed to catch an Eevee in the wild (that 1% encounter tho) and after looking at my team's composition, I decided that k wanted to evolve it into an Umbreon. Does anyone have any idea as to where I can get a Poison stone? I'm aware that you get one in "Kanto city" but that sounds like it's in the Postgame. Is there any place in Nihon where I can find/purchase one?
    I'm currently 5 badges in if that helps, thank you so much in advance!

Kanto is the next to last city you visit before going to the league on Mt. Fuji actually. You can get a Poison Stone at the Game Corner in Teku City's Game Corner for 800 coins.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just finished this a couple of hours ago and into the postgame area, I clearly see where the potential for this hack is squandered. The postgame area consists of only 3 towns and the cave areas here are mostly empty sans a few trainers and items. In fact, I noticed a lot of the side areas were like this. I only go there to find pokemon I didn't have then after that, I don't revisit the places. Besides the wonky BSTs for the starters, this is where the hack falls apart. It was nice to go through Nihon and all plus battling the gyms and even the surprise character for the E4 battles (won't spoil them here), but soon I think I'm done with this game as I really don't feel like breeding for the missing babies plus I still haven't caught Ho-oh or the roaming trio guys yet.

This was a nice but shorter than expected experience for me.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I just finished this a couple of hours ago and into the postgame area, I clearly see where the potential for this hack is squandered. The postgame area consists of only 3 towns and the cave areas here are mostly empty sans a few trainers and items. In fact, I noticed a lot of the side areas were like this. I only go there to find pokemon I didn't have then after that, I don't revisit the places. Besides the wonky BSTs for the starters, this is where the hack falls apart. It was nice to go through Nihon and all plus battling the gyms and even the surprise character for the E4 battles (won't spoil them here), but soon I think I'm done with this game as I really don't feel like breeding for the missing babies plus I still haven't caught Ho-oh or the roaming trio guys yet.

This was a nice but shorter than expected experience for me.

YEAH. Halfway through I began to feel a bit let down. Plus why have the national park so late in the game and with it the bug catching contest? The pokemon levels should have been scaled up to compensate but that wasn't done.

The pokemon recieved from the two eggs obtained as gifts have critically low base stats unless you get a shiny one (as shinies in G/S/C had higher stat totals than non-shiny at the time)

some pokemon should have at least some of the moves they can learn in future gens (ones that existed in gen 1 and 2 I mean but were unable to be learned in those gens) such as Dig on Kingler (gained as an egg move from gen 3 onward before becoming a TM move eventually) to name one example.

No sign of a battle tower or similar facility hurts replay value post game.

There are other issues too but I cant remember them all at the moment.

Back