• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Looking for the ship key but can't seem to find it anywhere? Not sure where to find another team rocket member who may have it

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anyone know how/where to get Mew and Mewtwo? Last two legendaries I need.

Mewtwo is in the Isen Strait lab. When you enter, surf up through a small opening and go straight left to get to the lab. Mew, I'm looking for so no clue.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023
    Honestly there's not much that I can say other than wow, I love this.
    I've been trying to find Pinsir. According to the source, it can only be found by headbutt, assuming I'm reading correctly. Any ideas bgg where I can find it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    In fact, where is Whitney in the mine after you save the girl?

Whitney is only in the mine until you find the missing girl, but she won't appear back in her gym until you both rescue the girl and defeat the rockets in the aquarium

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Honestly there's not much that I can say other than wow, I love this.
    I've been trying to find Pinsir. According to the source, it can only be found by headbutt, assuming I'm reading correctly. Any ideas bgg where I can find it?

Pinsir can be found in the bug catching contest in stand city, or rarely in headbutt trees in Honto town and Nago Village, but this is much more difficult. The way headbutt trees works is that it picks from two tables of possible pokemon per location on a tree-to-tree basis. And one of the tables is much more common than the other, and which tree uses which table is generated based on your trainer ID. In my save file I've been using for testing, there was only a single tree in the two towns that could produce Pinsirs.

So basically, find them in the bug catching contest unless you've got time to test all the trees in those towns.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023
    Pinsir can be found in the bug catching contest in stand city, or rarely in headbutt trees in Honto town and Nago Village, but this is much more difficult. The way headbutt trees works is that it picks from two tables of possible pokemon per location on a tree-to-tree basis. And one of the tables is much more common than the other, and which tree uses which table is generated based on your trainer ID. In my save file I've been using for testing, there was only a single tree in the two towns that could produce Pinsirs.

So basically, find them in the bug catching contest unless you've got time to test all the trees in those towns.

Oh dip, thanks for the quick response and info.
    While I'm here, I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but I think I found a bug related to Pokedex entries. I'm on v2.03 of the game. Whenever I catch a new Pokemon and it goes to the Pokedex entry, it starts at page 2. Hitting the button to go to the next page of the dex entry very briefly displays page 1, only to go back to page 2, then the next button press exits the Pokedex entry as normal. Seems to function normally if you view the Pokedex entry from the Pokedex menu option.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Oh dip, thanks for the quick response and info.
    While I'm here, I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but I think I found a bug related to Pokedex entries. I'm on v2.03 of the game. Whenever I catch a new Pokemon and it goes to the Pokedex entry, it starts at page 2. Hitting the button to go to the next page of the dex entry very briefly displays page 1, only to go back to page 2, then the next button press exits the Pokedex entry as normal. Seems to function normally if you view the Pokedex entry from the Pokedex menu option.

This issue doesn't happen in my original complied versions of the game. I tried applying the patch on this page to a Crystal version 1.1 rom, and it shows the issues that you're describing. So what I think it is is that it's some sort of difference with the Crystal 1.1 vs 1.0 roms, since when I compile the game, it's based on 1.0. I'd try to find a Crystal 1.0 rom to patch it to and see if that makes a difference. If not, I can try to compile a version using 1.1 as a base. It's definitely an issue that comes from the patching process, since it does not happen if the game is compiled from the source.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023
    This issue doesn't happen in my original complied versions of the game. I tried applying the patch on this page to a Crystal version 1.1 rom, and it shows the issues that you're describing. So what I think it is is that it's some sort of difference with the Crystal 1.1 vs 1.0 roms, since when I compile the game, it's based on 1.0. I'd try to find a Crystal 1.0 rom to patch it to and see if that makes a difference. If not, I can try to compile a version using 1.1 as a base. It's definitely an issue that comes from the patching process, since it does not happen if the game is compiled from the source.

Ohhh. My bad, I must have missed something that told me to patch it onto a 1.0 version. I can test that on a 1.0 when I'm done with work today.
    Well, if it means anything else, I haven't run into any other noticeable irregularities so far and I just got to Nihon Forest.

Back