• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet Version v1.0

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
I just wanted to pop in and say I had a lot of fun playing this hack. It's a very unique concept as others have mentioned and a lot of love has gone into this.

I haven't been motivated to go around catching pokemon for a long time, usually once I've got a full team I'm happy, but there were so many pokesweets I wanted to try using plus it was difficult to know what the types were so I went around getting as many as possible. It was interesting to learn a new type system and reminded me of being a kid again learning the ropes of pokemon, the type chart on the front page was a godsend all the same. The plot was simple yet very satisfying once I finished up the league, having a pair plus the spare rivals plus two antagonists gave enough variety to keep things interesting. Various flavour text around the place examining items and the like, as well as the detail gone into the entries for the Cookbook is immensely appreciated, I always love stuff like that.

Overall, I really, really enjoyed my playthrough and highly recommend it to everyone else curious to try it.

The only glitches I encountered were a few text box issues (less than ten instances I think). Also there's an area in the Freezer Island you can get stuck in without an escape rope. From the Western Entrance you slide on the ice to grab an item in the top left however the only to go is back down and across which causes you to get trapped inbetween two rocks and a wall (I attached pictures for further reference since I can't post links).

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
Oh crap glad you caught that. I'm so bad at ice slide puzzles that my own tend to have places where you can get trapped XD

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
I'm having so much fun playing this! Concept and execution are outstanding!

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
That's absolutely hilarious!
I like how when they run out of PP they 'improvise'. I imagined my Spinacake pulling out an electric guitar and starting to shred xD

Typhlosionn

Blazing Fury
Years
Nice game overall. The ship part is really creepy though, I got locked into it and I had no choice other than to use the Walk Through Walls Code.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 7, 2014
I think this is a great hack, I really like seeing the candy versions of pokemon! And by the way could you add whether typing are physical or special?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
i downloaded the latest patch and applied it and everything, but for some reason, when I click start for a new game, after the "controls" screen I get to the help screen and I can't move past it, no matter how many times I push A or any various button combo. Sorry if there is an easy fix for this, but this is my first time playing a ROM hack!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 19, 2014
i cant get this hack patched so that i could have the surf any help please + i cant download it from the link that is given in this forum

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 19, 2014
i cant download this game from the link nor patch the one i got from elsewhere to get surf

Years
This is such a fresh twist! It kind of reignites childhood, Pokemon blue looked like this when I was little :) It's so sweet of you to make this ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 4, 2014
Hi! First of all, let me say this hack is AMAZING. I love the idea and I'm having a lot of fun! I've gotten to the part where you get locked up in the pirates den trying to get to Cinnabar and I can't seem to find a walk through walls code to get me past it.

Would anyone mind sharing what code they used? Or what I did wrong? x3

EDIT: OH my goodness I figured it out and you are a GENIUS. I do like eating chocolate.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
This hack is one of the more unique ones and it's really sweet. I love the different take on the region and... PokéSweets, PokéSweets everywhere. I just finished it and the story is sweet as well, the later parts are also sad (don't want to spoiler).

Now I'm searching every PokéSweet to complete the cookbook, but now I couldn't find some rare ones I have missed. Especially the Manaphy PokéSweet, where is it?

By searching every sweets I found a bug, which could be game-breaking: After I entered the ginger house, I got stuck in the room and can't exit. Fortunately I haven't saved it, otherwise I would start a new game. The bug happens after I caught the ginger house PokéSweet.

EDIT: Found the Manaphy PokéSweet somewhere and by evolving my sweets I found another bug: When Prinprince evolves on Lv. 60 to Emposh, it's level is 69 instead.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2021
Can't really decide on wether to play the current beta or wait for the next release. Yeah, I know, I know.. it's not polite to ask for ETA's, but I'm just wondering if it will be worth the wait ;)

Back