• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet Version v1.0

JestermanX

Doesn't Know Nothin'
Years
  • Easily one of my favorite hacks, great job! But what's up with Strength? I needed to use a WTW code to beat the game. Also, Applin's learnset needs to be fixed. I caught a shiny one, and while kung-fu apple blob is glorious, it doesn't quite work.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
  • Easily one of my favorite hacks, great job! But what's up with Strength? I needed to use a WTW code to beat the game. Also, Applin's learnset needs to be fixed. I caught a shiny one, and while kung-fu apple blob is glorious, it doesn't quite work.

Do you even have strength? If not, you need to go to the Game Corner, get more than 1000 coins and talk to the bald guy downstairs. It's still a Beta, so there are many movests to fix; and they also need to fix the genders, seeing a male Buttercup and a genderless Bluetite is weird.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • For anyone that is interested, I wrote a review regarding Sweet Version, a while back, and anyone who wants to know what to expect in this hack can refer here. All shameless plugging aside, I really liked what you did here :). Easily one of my favorite hacks.

JestermanX

Doesn't Know Nothin'
    Years
  • That is not something I ever would have thought of. Thanks, that's useful for anyone in the future I guess

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    For some reason, I absolutely cannot get this hack to work, I've tried repeatedly and every time it turns out the same, I get passed the opening then it blackscreens. :/

DJTiki

Years
  • For some reason, I absolutely cannot get this hack to work, I've tried repeatedly and every time it turns out the same, I get passed the opening then it blackscreens. :/

What did you use to patch it, make sure that the Fire Red ROM is 1.0 not 1.1 since it uses that as a base. Also double check if the Fire Red ROM already had progress on it. It needs to be a clean Fire Red ROM.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    What did you use to patch it, make sure that the Fire Red ROM is 1.0 not 1.1 since it uses that as a base. Also double check if the Fire Red ROM already had progress on it. It needs to be a clean Fire Red ROM.

I've been using lunar ips and I've tried clean version 1.0 roms from multiple sources, all of them have resulted in the exact same outcome, black screen right after the opening video.

Whoomay

Hand me a bottle of Rum mate!
    Years
  • vflecTR.png

Hack name: Pokémon Sweet Version
    Hack of: Pokémon FireRed US Version 1.0 ROM
    Language: English

hEqF3hk.png

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Kanto turned into Candyland?...THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?!"

aNvbQxQ.png

Welcome to Pokémon Sweet Version, where battles are carried out with the power of dessert! Travel through a confectionate wonderland that resembles Kanto but is quite different, as those who explore will soon discover! Capture 151 candified Pokémon and fill up the pages of your Cookbook! We've spared no expense in making the experience unique, which is why there is a brand-new type chart consisting of twelve flavors of ice cream. (Apple is totally a flavor of ice cream.) And if you're sick of Kanto, you'll be pleased to know this is totally not Kanto, no matter how much it seems to be. As the world is designed to reward exploration, there's something waiting in every map that may not have been there before, whether it's a cleverly hidden item or a dreadfully bad pun. (We have plenty of those.) The PokéSweets themselves are as delicious as they look, and they look good enough to eat!

Features:

- Brand-new type chart with 12 types (Note: there is no physical/special split)
    - 151 PokéSweets to capture (no trading necessary)
    - PokéSweets are based on Pokémon from all five generations (plus three from Gen 6)
    - Kanto has been dessertified (this is now a word)
    - Most trainer battles are Double battles
    - 50% more enjoyable than Fire Red
    - Two rivals...okay, three, but the third guy's lame.
    - Capture PokéSweets or craft them from berries
    - Two factions looking to steal your sweetrolls
    - New music in many areas
    - Re-match the gym leaders as much as you like

Screenshots:

r2HKQdA.png
    9jRTwbI.png
    g1jBe9l.png

0OsN2z2.png
    FvgRJJY.png
    1W64Sbc.png

eXCsiQA.png
    OqHMwK6.png
    rxEqCxO.png

Cu2agQb.png
    7JLjbmv.png
    eGQkcxq.png

zDWJUtE.png
    nICRXm6.png
    yOofZal.png

dS7xAUf.png
    kQ6iXWZ.png
    XSsVtqW.png

Credits:

This hack is a collab effort of Ephraim225 and Channini of DeviantArt, check us out! Especially Channini. She's amazing.

EDIT:Hey all, I finally got around to making that type chart I should have made ages ago, but here you go:

Spoiler:

Hm, maybe I'll look more interesting if I list the tools and stuff I used...

Spoiler:

I had initially planned to wait until Channini finished up a few more graphics but I went ahead and decided to release this. I've been keeping it unreleased for too long, I feel. So, since we plan to add more in the future along with any bugfixes, it's a "Beta" for now.

Download IPS here! Apply to US Fire Red 1.0! <- This is a download link. Click it. Also look up how to apply IPS patches if you've never done it before.

EDIT: Bugfix uploaded! If you downloaded before 9/8/2014 you need to download again. Link is still the same, but apply to a clean ROM (you can still use your old save.)

This is awesome! This is prob my fave hack of all time! I like the idea of making it somewhat a fakemon hack but not really! And i LOVE the all the concept of this! But he could u PM me some textures (sprites) from the hack? Cuz i want to make a fan banner! TNX!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2023
    That Megaman Battle Network reference with the first guy in Cake Tunnel, I see that.

DJTiki

Years
  • I've been using lunar ips and I've tried clean version 1.0 roms from multiple sources, all of them have resulted in the exact same outcome, black screen right after the opening video.

Then it may be your emulator. I'd see if anything is wrong with it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2015
    I just finished the entire Cookbook and Elite/Pastriot Four and I really enjoyed the entire thing >w<

If you are still working on parts of the patch (which I kind of recomend because there are a few issues that occured now and then, although nothing really game breaking, except for one freak accident) let me know and I'll write out all of the wrinkles.

Great work - loved it all!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2015
    The freak accident was that one time out of possibly a hundred (maybe more because I spammed the hell out of it) when I left the Vanilla Dome the screen stayed black. Luckily I had saved just before hand so I didn't lose much, but it may have just been from me also abusing the speed-up button on the emulator.

Glitchs
    Spoiler:

Vague/Unclear Moments
    Spoiler:

Errors in Cookbook
    Spoiler:

It may seem like a lot for me to write about (and ther may be one or two minor little things that I've missed) but I think there is next to nothing wrong with this game as a whole - just patching up and cleaning of sprites, but even then I highly enjoyed the entire thing and I am so glad to have found it and that you and the rest of you team took the time to make it!

Thank you so much! >w<

Back