• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Terrifying Destiny

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    UPDATE!!!

I at last found a new name for my hack!!! :D
    I will call it "terrifying truth" coz it passes with the new story-line, you will see when I will reveal the story-line^^
    anyway, even without knowing the story-line you can already say how do you find the name?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    if you want i could help beta test ^_^

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    yeah I know, it's what I'm looking for but it's not that easy to find^^,
    if not the name of the first village is meangingful coz there is the sea at the east and the sun rises on the east, so I called it sunrise village, it is meaningful but it sounds not very good, thats the problem.....
    I can find for any town a meaningful name but they never sound good -_-'

in fact, strange that no one replies, is no one interested in the update I posted on the first page?
    oh, I see, the most important is the story-line, right? and coz there is no yet no one replies.....
    ok I'll post as quick as possible the story-line ;) but anyway I'd like also comments about the graphics and so plz......^^
    and plz if someone wants to help, reply also :)

Well this seems like an amazing hack and i wish you luck. I would like to help but I have VERY little experience :(
    Well as for the name of starting town maybe a few suggestions. When I give nicknames to my pokemon I use latin words almost every time! when you combine them or even use them alone it sounds great (for exp. Gyarados - Marex -> "King of sea")! Well for a starting town a good name could come out by combining several latin word. For exp.
    If you want it to have something to do with rising sun:
    rising/exiting ... cresco, exitus
    sun ... sol
    Or if you had something like a start in your mind:
    start ... pricipium, initium
    Now i know it sounds lame, but tell me something about the town and i'll see what I can do. It definitly works better on pokemon names, honestly!

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    Well this seems like an amazing hack and i wish you luck. I would like to help but I have VERY little experience :(
    Well as for the name of starting town maybe a few suggestions. When I give nicknames to my pokemon I use latin words almost every time! when you combine them or even use them alone it sounds great (for exp. Gyarados - Marex -> "King of sea")! Well for a starting town a good name could come out by combining several latin word. For exp.
    If you want it to have something to do with rising sun:
    rising/exiting ... cresco, exitus
    sun ... sol
    Or if you had something like a start in your mind:
    start ... pricipium, initium
    Now i know it sounds lame, but tell me something about the town and i'll see what I can do. It definitly works better on pokemon names, honestly!

hey you got great ideas :D
    would you like to be a team member as.....name finder? or something so^^
    you don't need to have hacking experience for finding names^^ ans anyway if you are in a team you get experience ;)

@ volroc: well, you can also be beta tester but anyway I will have my first beta only after having scripted the first part, the first part is all the maps I posted on the first page, this will be in the beta and I need to script everything -_-'
    but maybe in a few weeks :)
    anyway if you want I will also send you the file to test, but not more.......

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Yeah sure. Tell me what you want and ill name it ;). Send me a PM of what you want me to think of a name and something about it and i'll get to buissness!

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    ok great :D
    for now I'm just busy with scripting, coz I want to release a alpha, then of course if I release alpha I want the name already to be in the game so I'll ask you during I'm scripting ;)
    happy to have you in my team :D

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

@ volroc: well, you can also be beta tester but anyway I will have my first beta only after having scripted the first part, the first part is all the maps I posted on the first page, this will be in the beta and I need to script everything -_-'
    but maybe in a few weeks :)
    anyway if you want I will also send you the file to test, but not more.......

ill wait til you put up the download, i dont wanna rush ya ^_^
    ill be lookin forward to it btw

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    OK, glad to be in the team. Anything needed you know where to find me ;)

P.S: You should get someone to make you a support banner so we can put it in our siganture.

Last edited:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    hey simdu what about a new evil team in ur hack will make it more exciting uh?

yes there will also be this, I just didn't say it yet, coz in the intro it wasn't the best place where to put^^
    BTW, I will also draw the sprites of the evil team and then scan them and send so that you may do them also ;)

OK, glad to be in the team. Anything needed you know where to find me ;)

P.S: You should get someone to make you a support banner so we can put it in our siganture.

yeah, I posted on the first page but till now no one proposed :(
    well, it will come don't worry ;)

SamSam67

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Pokemon Terrifying Destiny

The forest entrance tiles
    are a bit miffy there you might wanna do suming :/

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    The forest entrance tiles
    are a bit miffy there you might wanna do suming :/

yeah I know, I fixed it already long ago but I was too lazy to upload the pic again just for a small tile error^^

dude, you have the best maps here! :O

hmm.....yeah, tiling and mapping are my best talents, I myself admit that I'm good in it but,
    don't say such a thing, you are a new member you surely didn't see everything^^ there are surely people much better than me im maping ;)

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    UPDATE!!!!!

hi everyone!!!! first a small update....
    I sprited the main hero's father!!! :D

then these are also the pics I drawn with the hand, for now I only sprited the father but the other will come also ;)
    he the father by my hand:

the evil team leader(it's the brother of the hero's father, you will understand why in the story^^):

and finaly the main hero:

plz tell me how you find them!! thx :D :D

and second, the story-line is coming to it's end....or rather......is beeing finished^^
    tomorrow or wednesday I will post it on the first page, so keep looking this thread from tomorrow till wednesday ;)
    well, anyway I will remind you again in case you don't see^^
    ok, it seems not big news but in fact it is great news! the story-line is the most important in a hack so.......yeah, you see what I mean^^
    well, that's all for now, but the sprites or pics you can already tell me how you find, coz I want to know if it is good or if I have to change them.......
    personaly I find them good but spriting is not my best talent so maybe you can help me to do them even better! :D
    so plz give feedback, thx :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010

Daddy's gonna rape my face...

In all honesty, I think that they're just a tad TOO buff. But I really like the main character's pic. I can also understand the gym leader's pic being the way it is. It's just that the Dad looks nothing like his son.

Last edited:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    hmm... well, I understand your reaction, but when you will see the story you will also know more about the dad, then you will understand what is with him and why he looks like this^^
    btw, don't underestimate the main hero, he looks gentle but under his clothes he's got the same muscles as his father coz he was trained from birth ;D(no, only joking, they are really a contrast^^)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    the dad is on steroids -_-"
    i dont like it, he seems like a walkin pillar, than a father.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    You should PM me the storyline even if it isn't completly done, just so I can think of some names.

yeah your right! I completely forgot about that^^
    but it's true you could really help me with name or even other ideas :D
    thx for you help :)

the dad is on steroids -_-"
    i dont like it, he seems like a walkin pillar, than a father.

hmm, I know but, as I said before you can't understand why he is like this if you don't know the story, I'm sorry about the delay of the new story-line but I don't got very much time to work on it :(
    and anyway, the drawn pic is only a drawn pic, in the game of course I wil not exagerate so much^^
    he will look the same, I mean, in short, big muscles, but not SOO big^^

Back