• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that look better unevolved

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    How many people here think some pokemon look cooler before they evolved, I really like haunter and gengar's still really cool, but I think haunter just looks more ghost like than gengar.

I agree, I love haunter. He is one of my favorite pokemon. I never evolve him because he looks more epic than gengar.

ashketchum23

I love Pokemon!
    Years
    I hate when Ivysaur evolves into Venusaur. Venusaur is all fat and ugly. Ivysaur is more cooler looking. But if you think about it, Bulbasaur had this beam cannon which was really awesome. The beam was Bulbasaur's special attack.

Years
    Lickitung and Nosepass.

The only one that really irked me was Pidgeotto. Its shiny coloration and sprite own the crap out of Pidgeot. not to say Pidgeot's ugly.

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
    Meepman, I concur -- I like Huanter's looks over Gengar's.

Personally, I also prefer Gloom over Vileplume (though Bellosum [sp?] is cool), Ivysaur over Venusaur, Glameow over Purugly, and Prinplup over Empoleon.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    Ambipom. I hate Ambipoms, they just don't appeal to me. I love my little Aipoms :) They're so cute.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    To name just a few, I would have to say Elekid, Dragonair, Glameow, Grovyle, and Staravia all look better than their evolutionary forms in my opinion. Elekid, has this cute yet tough look in him that I like best. Dragonair has the elegance that Dragonite just seemed to miss after. Glameow too has this elegance and majestic look that appeals to more better than Purugly. Grovyle looks more swift and cunning than Sceptile and Staravia looks more graceful yet fast and strong in one than Staraptor didn't seem to portray.

There are many more to add, many posters above seemed to cover a few, but the list may still move onward.

Years
    Magmar, Graveler, male Machoke, Dragonair, Chansey, Koffing, Pichu, Jigglypuff,
    Cherubi, Tangela, Lickitung, Glamow, Buizel, Monferno, Skitty, Haunter, Ledyba, Voltorb

Years
    Charmeleon (screw off, it's true. the red is better for it, and Charizard can scream "FYIAD" all it wants; it's a boring design IMO >_>).
    Exactly.

You see, "IMO" is that thing people type in the absence of sufficient information and/or other people to back up their opinion. Charizard rocks all, GTFO.
    Ambipom. I hate Ambipoms, they just don't appeal to me. I love my little Aipoms :) They're so cute.
    I KNOW! What did poor Aipom do to deserve such a hideous evolution?

Anyway, I generally prefer the final evolution of most pokemon, but there are a few under-evolved forms that are equal in awesomness to their final evo. For example, I like Haunter just as much as I like Gengar, same goes for Scyther/Scizor, Pikachu/Raichu, and Chikorita/Meganium.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    Mime Jr. is super cute but Mr. Mime is just plain ugly. I never want to evolve my Mime Jr's. :P The other one to come to my mind is Sealeo. Sealeo is such a cute, round walrus that fits as the evolution of Spheal perfectly, but Walrein just looks... weird. :/ Most others have already been said. I really agree about Dragonair; Dragonite also looks cute, but in a different way. Dragonair should evolve into something more elegant.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016

• Electabuzz
      • Its evolution is just freaky looking. It's like someone tried to breed a dog and screwed it up.

Magmar
      • Same as above, but with a duck and not a dog. ._.

Totodile
      • I don't know what it is about Croconaw (but it may be because of its overly large mouth and animal skin cloth-like pattern on its chest) (and Feraligatr to add to it), but I hate the way it looks.

Combusken
      • Blaziken is so hideously bad that I can barely stand to look at it. And what's that thing over its crotch? Feathers to protect the goods? O.o

Gabite
      • Garchomp is way too overrated. 'Nuff said.

Prinplup
      • Empoleon has got to be the most grotesque thing I have ever had the displeasure to lay eyes upon. It's fat and the coloring is atrocious. I also hate that trident-line shape on its head. Did they think that was unique or witty? If so, they were mistaken.=/

Monferno
      • I just think Monferno is über cute. <3

Croagunk
      • Need I say anything about Toxicroak? @~@

Onix
      • Steelix looks like it has summer teeth (some'er here and some'er there XD).

Scyther
      • Scyther just looked better than Scizor. And I plain hate Scizor. =/

Ivysaur
      • Venusaur looks like it has warts on its body. Eww! ><

Wartortle
      • Blastoise is just stupid. A turtle with canons coming out of its shell? =/ A turtle can't fit canons in there.

Cascoon
      • Dustox isn't god-awful, but I don't particularly care for it.

Buneary
      • Lopunny looks like a skank.

Glameow
      • Purugly is plain hideous. I mean, it even has 'ugly' in its name!

Snover
      • Abomasnow is an abomination on society. It is so mind-numbingly bad that I'd rather shove a rusty spike in my hand than look at it.

Shieldon
      • See above.

Hippopotas
      • Once more, please.

Machop
      • I don't like all the muscles Machoke and Machamp have. Blegh. >0<

Geodude
      • WTF is Graveler? O.o

Aipom
      • Ambipom is really, really ugly. The only thing I like about it is its Japanese voice. (E'bo, E'bo! <3)

Riolu
      • Lucario is too overrated.

Combee
      • Vepiquen is. . *shudder* So. . *shudder* GAH! *faints* X.x

Skorupi
      • Drapion has arms coming out of its head. XD WTF?

Nosepass
      • Its cry gives me nightmares. . O.o

Mime Jr.
      • Okay, I know Mr. Mime came first, but look at Mime Jr.! It's so cute! <333333

*surprised no one mentioned Croagunk yet* O.o

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    • Chimchar looks far better than either of his evolutions. Monferno looks like a circus monkey, and Infernape...eh...is nothing special. For a final starter evolution, he looks kind-of stupid. ):

• Pidgeotto > Pidgeot. I hate that flyaway hairstyle thing Pidgeot has on its head. :/ It's the same with Staravia and Staraptor.

• Quilava > Typhlosion. He looks fiercer imho.

HOMYGOSHSOMUCHCUTER!
    - Cyndaquil > Quilava.
    - Duskull > Dusclops.
    - Mime Jr. > Mister Mime.
    - Munchlax > Snorlax.
    - Nosepass > Probopass.
    - Porygon2 > PorygonZ.
    - Rattatta > Ratticate.
    - Totodile > Croconaw. HE LOOKS LIKE FRED FLINTSTONE.
    - Zigzagoon > Linoone.

I'm one of the rare people who like Electivire and Magmortar, it would seem. (:

• Combusken
      • Blaziken is so hideously bad that I can barely stand to look at it. And what's that thing over its crotch? Feathers to protect the goods? O.o
    Oh god nooooo I'd just forgotten about that. D:< The first time I saw it, I thought it was a...uh...Palkia-head. >___>;;;;;

Last edited:

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Magmar. Magmortar is so funny lookin'. xD I think I would have liked it better if they had kept Magmar without a preevolution too. Lickitung is another one.

Back