• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that should have a secondary/replacement type

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    Pokemon that should have a secondary/replacement type

Jaroda as Grass/Dragon (and I don't care about the "starters can't be Dragon-type!" deal. If we can have a Steel-type starter, we can have a Dragon-type one as well!).
    I'm still bugged about that. I'd like to see every current dual-type combination fulfilled one day, and I really wonder how Game Freak is going to pull off an awesome-looking Grass/Dragon Pokemon that doesn't imitate Jaroda. :\

This is awesome, I agree completely.

Oh...and I'm disappointed at Emboar being fighting/fire...that's probably why it's one of the least popular ones now.

somnidea

Student of Pokémon
    Years
    The absence of Steel typing on Chingling and Chimecho has always confused me. The Bell and Wind Chime Pokémon somehow aren't made out of metal? o.o

Oh and Gardevoir looks like a ghost too, I thought it was ghost too...

I find the members of the Ralts line all look like they ought to be Grass-types. They're so leafy!

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    As a kid I always thought Lugia was Water/Flying I mean how could the "Beast of the Sea" not be a Water type?!?!?
    The Aron family should be pure Steel type. The Rock adds too many 4x weaknesses.
    All Normal/Flying types should be pure Flying types unless they can learn random moves through TMs like most Normal types can (such as Snorlax being able to learn Flamethrower, Surf, etc.)
    Dragonite should ditch the Flying type
    Gengar (not his evolution line, just him) should be Ghost/Dark types because he doesn't seem very gas like

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I find the members of the Ralts line all look like they ought to be Grass-types. They're so leafy!
    Interesingly they also get Magical Leaf as a level up move (and I suppose the green colour also helps, heh). But I am personally fine with them being Psychic-only all the same.
    If they ever create a Light type, Ampharos should become Electric/Light, and Lanturn would become Water/Light, not too sure about that one, but....
    Thing is the Light type is pretty unlikely. Hasn't been implmented yet so it seems less likely by the gen, and dark/steel were only implemented in gen 2 to correct some typing issues, namely with how Psychic was too broken/overpowered which it has largely fixed overall since then. That and given the major 'chance' some felt the Light type had with B/W and their mascot legendaries Zekrom and Reshiram both having the ying/yang themes, only for the Light type to remain nothing more than a fan-made concept... I feel it'll never happen. (Although truth be told I thought it'd never happen to begin with due to all the pokemon retyping issues that'd occur now, and people will still suggest it every generation anyway. =p)

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    I thought the totodile line as well as the Charmander line should've been dragon types.
    Seviper sould be dark as well as posion
    Luxray also looks like it should be a dark type

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I thought the totodile line as well as the Charmander line should've been dragon types.
    Seviper sould be dark as well as posion
    Luxray also looks like it should be a dark type
    I'd disagree with the Totodile one given I never really viewed it as a dragon type myself, and Seviper although certainly menacing-looking seems also to be fine as a pure-poison type to me (given the whole snake/moongoose relationship it has with Zangoose) but Luxray is definately one I think it should have been a dark type - especially given all those dark-type moves it gets naturally as well. Seemed like a rather strange decision there, imo.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've never really understood why the Gastly-Haunter-Gengar evolutionary line have always come with the secondary type of Poison. They don't really learn any Poison moves - indeed, in Gen V they learn loads of Dark and Psychic ones - so the 'burden' of being levelled with a Poison subtype seems unfair.

If I were to change it, it'd probably be into Ghost/Psychic (not Ghost/Dark... that'd just make extremely cheap in battling, it's already ridiculously popular as it is!).

Back