• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that shouldent have evolved...

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
Years
  • All 4th gen evolutions of 1st gen Pokes. I really liked them the way they were.

Rhyperior
    Lickilicky
    Tangrowth
    Magmortar
    evolved Electabuzz
    magnezone...
    all unnecessary.
    from a competitive viewpoint, most of the new evo's (Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Magnezone) WERE necessary; save for Rhyhorn, Tangela and Lickitung were pretty mediocre (at best) and Magneton was only useful for trapping and killing Skarmory. Now, they're actually useful. And Solid Rock is awesome on Rhyperior.
    That said, I don't really like Magmortar. He's an overweight red moron and he's still metagame weak.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only ones I hate are Probopass, Lickilicky, and Tangrowth. They al have horrible designs and I will never use them.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I just recently started despising Lickilicky. I looked at Lickitung and noticed how awesome it is, and I am planning to use one(not really competetively, just for fun) but the evolution is just a fatter version with a smaller tongue. Why would it have a smaller tongue?!?!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I really don't think Lickitung, Nosepass, Tangela, Piloswine and Yanma needed to evolve...I mean, it's like the creators ran out of ideas or something....:/

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Scizor was a great pokemon. I always enjoy evolving Scyther just so I can get to that stage. Just how epic it looks in it's pose...

Anyway I believe Nosepass should never have evolved (I never use one either way)

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Probopass definately doesnt look like a pokemon, it looks like Mario drawn by someone trying to scare their friends. Nosepass deserves a tiny bit of dignity, so instead the designers gave a halloween freak as its evolution.
    Lickilicky beat Lickitung as the most disturbing idea for a pokemon ever (save maybe female machamps and male gardevoirs).
    Tangrowth for a number of reasons, including its un-necessity, just leave tangela crap instead of giving it a very slightly better evolution.
    Magnezone, because three equally sized magnets evolving into a supid flying saucer makes perfect sense.
    Leafeon because of what it is.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Tangrowth only "very slightly better" than Tangela? What, when he gets MUCH better HP, Attack, Defense, and Special Attack, Earthquake, and heck, a much better movepool overall? Sorry, but your post seems to be biased by your sheer dislike of Tangrowth while you ignore solid facts.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • Togetic.. I mean togekiss is umm, It don't look that nice. It looks like a plane. But oh well. That's the only Pokemon who's evolution i don't like

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
  • Magnezone could have been a little better, but it grows on you after a while. I think Snorunt shouldn't have Froslass as an evolution, it just makes no sense.

Years
  • Lets see... Lickitung, Yanma, Tangela, Porygon 2. The rest are o.k. I guess. I'm not too sure on how I feel about the likes of Magmotar and Electivire, but they are decent if anything else.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I don't really mind!
    I even want more eevolutions!
    We need a flying eevee and that's it!
    Dragon or Flying we need one!

Years
  • Rhyperior makes me especiallly angry becaue I really like Rhydon, and hate how stupid the new evolution looks.
    Overall though, most of the evolutions they added this generation I don't like. The exceptions being Gliscor, Yanmega, and Electivire. Those are cool.

SkittyLover77

No, not the face!
    Years
  • I only hate Tangrowth because it looks like a Tangela that just had a growth spurt and grew arms. Perfectly original, I know.

Contrary to popular belief though, I think Magnezone is uberly cool. 8D

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • Lickitung, definitely. -shudders- Lickilicky kinda scares me. I also think Magnezone and Rhyperior were pretty unnecessary, but I kind of like the way they look.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    ambipom.png

Just look at it... :S Yuck! If they had gotten rid of the red fingers, kept with one tail, and fixed his head and face, then it might have looked better.

Dainty

The Puppet Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2012
    I like them all. Or I just don't really care.
    But I'm not fond of Chimecho's pre-evolved state. But that could be because Chimecho is a freaking cutie and I want one.

I love LickyLicky. An awesome Pokémon.

I don't really mind!
    I even want more eevolutions!
    We need a flying eevee and that's it!
    Dragon or Flying we need one!

Ooooo... Dragon. I like.

Last edited:
    Back