• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: The Ice Caves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What a fun idea.
    No, seriously. This is original, and I'd definately play it, even if there are no battles. Well done, I look forward to a release :)

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • There actually won't be any battles, as crazy as that sounds. Not to say that there won't be any pokemon/action in the hack.
    W-w-wait!? No Pokemon battles? Aw... Oh well. I guess I won't be looking at this hack often. But what would be good would be if after all the caves, you battle endless Team Magma grunts throught "the core" and your Boss gives you a Pokemon and heals you when you need to.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • W-w-wait!? No Pokemon battles? Aw... Oh well. I guess I won't be looking at this hack often. But what would be good would be if after all the caves, you battle endless Team Magma grunts throught "the core" and your Boss gives you a Pokemon and heals you when you need to.
    Well, considering that you can't fight wild pokemon while sliding on ice, and there will be almost nothing in the hack other than that (it's pretty short.) It wouldn't really make much sense to give you a pokemon, and throw in a bunch of battles at the end, with no training at all in between.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    well you could have a magma grunt at every staircase going down, to try to stop you, so then battling is included, and then you can have the core battling.

Years
  • This hack is epic!! :P
    I would love to play this once it comes out, as it looks addictive. :)
    Anyway, good luck!

P.s - I wish Nintendo made something like this.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Aha, I used to have an idea similar to this. And I mean similar in the sense that there was no battling. Of course, that was two years ago when I was just starting out so I'm sure you'll fare a lot better than I did. I think it's a neat idea and I suggest that you don't listen to anybody who tries to convince you to put battles in if you don't want to. :)

And to anybody who is trying to do just that, if you want battles go play another hack.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Aha, I used to have an idea similar to this. And I mean similar in the sense that there was no battling. Of course, that was two years ago when I was just starting out so I'm sure you'll fare a lot better than I did. I think it's a neat idea and I suggest that you don't listen to anybody who tries to convince you to put battles in if you don't want to. :)

And to anybody who is trying to do just that, if you want battles go play another hack.
    Stole the words out of my mouth.

To keep it interesting, I would add different environments. (Yes, I know it doesn't fit the name, but it'd keep people from getting bored! ^^)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Aha, I used to have an idea similar to this. And I mean similar in the sense that there was no battling. Of course, that was two years ago when I was just starting out so I'm sure you'll fare a lot better than I did. I think it's a neat idea and I suggest that you don't listen to anybody who tries to convince you to put battles in if you don't want to. :)

Stole the words out of my mouth.

To keep it interesting, I would add different environments. (Yes, I know it doesn't fit the name, but it'd keep people from getting bored! ^^)
    Thanks guys. I'm gonna try and give it a fairly cinematic feel when anything plot related is happening. So, no battles is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

Also, Samike360 is now working for me as the scripter.
    Still looking for sprite maker/inserter, and tile maker/inserter. Both are really important if this is ever going to be finished.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    This idea doesn't seem like a bad one

however, shouldn't there be pokemon
    - there will be monsters,
    - if you fall into a trap you vs a high level pocket monster
    - or if you want to train your little monster you have to try to get to this hidden area in the level
    - and what is a pokemon hack without pokemon
    - I look forward to this!!
    (this would be easier/better as a game and not a hack if there are no pokemon)

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    This idea doesn't seem like a bad one

however, shouldn't there be pokemon
    - there will be monsters,
    - if you fall into a trap you vs a high level pocket monster
    - or if you want to train your little monster you have to try to get to this hidden area in the level
    - and what is a pokemon hack without pokemon
    - I look forward to this!!
    (this would be easier/better as a game and not a hack if there are no pokemon)

it doesn't matter if there are pokemon or not, just that it is good, and i like the idea of a maze, and other challenges.

AWind13

I'm Procrastinating
    Years
  • Well, I can do the tile making, I'm good with that, and I know how to make pokemon cries go off during people talking in a pokemon game/hack.

Any of that you still need?

DavidChristopher

Spinda Lover.
    Years
  • Well I was just wondering if this was still going to happen?
    It sounds like a fun idea for a hack, pretty original idea if i must say so myself.
    Is there a beta or anything out yet? :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back