• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Legend

What Should The Starters Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

infmaniac

Determined Beginner
Years
  • The Legend Of Pokemon: Universal Existence

The Legend Of Pokemon
    Universal Existence

Hack Of EMERALD

The Original One Created The Universe, 3 Pokemon Were Born From The Original And Created Dimension, Time & Space, 3 Pokemon Born From The Power Maintain The Balance Of This Planet.

Today is the day you recieve your 1st Pokemon. As a new trainer u want to travel to different towns and explore new places with the protection of your Pokemon. You will meet many ppl on your journey through the region of Kanto, and u may battle ppl, make new friends and maybe meet a few rivals. You come across a group of people, a nice band of men and woman, who want to rid the world of 'pain and suffering' as they say. As your journey progresses you learn more of this group and realise their intentions... Thou they mean no imediate harm, they plan on something catastrophic... New Legends have been awakened, the ones that began it all, and things are changing for the worse... Forget simple traveling! This is something totally different, something you never thought could happen and its causing the 'Original Ones' to awaken...
    What will you do to stop this? Who can you trust to help you?
    Travel to whole new places and uncover the truth.
    Extreme weather and disasterous events keep accuring.
    Its reported that entire towns have been wiped out...
    If they mean no harm then why is this happening?
    The Quest Of A Hero...
    The Journey Of A Lifetime...
    This Is The Legend Of Pokemon.

This hack is based around the legendary Pokemon, especially the 4th generation ones, and why they are legends. Each one will have their legendary status take a big role in this hack. It will also bring full meaning to why they are legendary and what for, their special abilities as legends etc. Therefore all of them will appear in this hack and i wont be including them as wild Pokemon although some of them may be just not common, but clear that they are around.​

FEATURES INCLUDE:
    Whole new layouts and extensions to the cities, towns & routes.
    New area's in existing routes.
    Hidden caves.
    New Town's & Cities.
    Eventually another region.
    D/P Pokemon (essential to the story)
    Big side quests for all the legendays
    Im gonna do something with the gyms soon and change their meanings a bit. Something along the lines of a test of the elements, overcoming a pokemons strength with your own abilities. Pretty much the same but more meaning that a simple badge just to beat stronger trainers. (The end result will result in a badge of course and certain area's will require certain badges to gain access. The concept of the pokemon league will not be to test a trainers skills or whatever it will be different regarding the main story)
    New tiles.
    Much more to come as i progress...​

Iv now decided to do this hack on the Emerald rom since it has more features than the others plus the pokemon are animated. After a little test i am able to insert D/P Pokemon fully animated (Emerald Style) which is something i havent seen in a hack yet (Its not a huge thing i know but it gives more life to it imo)
    Since its started from scratch, iv got lots to catch up on from the fire red base i was doing and currently lookin about for resourses etc. There are no Emerald rombases out there (iv seen only 1 actually but it doesnt take my fancy) so atm it will still have original tiles.
    I will be drasticly changing all areas to give it a new kinda feeling than just an altered Emerald rom. gona get straight on with it i think :)​

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    From the story this sounds a lot like R/S/E

Elaborate on the story perhaps, and explain what features this hack could have, then lay it out all pretty to help lazy readers notice it ;).

infmaniac

Determined Beginner
    Years
  • From the story this sounds a lot like R/S/E

Elaborate on the story perhaps, and explain what features this hack could have, then lay it out all pretty to help lazy readers notice it ;).

Wow a reply already! Thanks for the comment. iv just posted cpl mins ago and this draft is just to get me started. It does seem a bit like R/S/E but i promise u it wont be. Ill be adding more info as i perfect the story. :) Iv already completed about 70% of the maps on this hack. Ill update the 1st post soon.

how annoying i cant change my post! i want to make it look nicer and easier to read but i aint allowed to do anything but type! hope whatever the problem is gets fixed soon...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    The name is only ''The legend''?Its too short,make it longer,its not going to attract people.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I just noticed,Zorthan is right.Its not good to steal others peoples work.I suggest you delete that from the thread,or ageangel will report you.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Actually, comparing the two, they are infact different. The sprite place is on this title screen is to the left of where AceAngel's is.

So yeah :) Get your facts straight before you demand he changes it, he made it himself (or one of these people did).

Credits so far for Green Charizard, PHO & WAH for the tiles and title screen and also to the creators to many tools.

Like the updated story and the features list is a nice improvement, sounds like you have quite a lot done mapwise so I can't wait to see!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Man,the colours are the same,the sprite is the same,don't try to cover him.But ageangel says that he made the tittle screen. :tired:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ok, since apparently only I can see these differences:

Quite obviously different. Now stop please, Im sure infrmaniac doesnt need you saying hes a liar.

-Different Colours
    -Different Sprite
    -Different Quality

As to the Starter pokemon poll... Can I vote neither? :3

Ok, Turtwig etc. is better than the Eevee evolution idea as evolved pokemon are too strong to be starters and they won't evolve.

Perhaps you could think up alternates or a mix of different generation starters to make the starters different to other hacks? :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Ok, since apparently only I can see these differences:

Quite obviously different. Now stop please, Im sure infrmaniac doesnt need you saying hes a liar.

-Different Colours
    -Different Sprite
    -Different Quality

As to the Starter pokemon poll... Can I vote neither? :3

Ok, Turtwig etc. is better than the Eevee evolution idea as evolved pokemon are too strong to be starters and they won't evolve.

Perhaps you could think up alternates or a mix of different generation starters to make the starters different to other hacks? :)

Haha...nice joke.....
    obviously,you're covering him.He stole the title screen.And the colours are exactly the same,the sprite is a little darker and wheres the different quality?Even i could do darker this title screen,and i'm n00b when it comes to graphics.

So you don't fool no one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    From what I've seen, those two title screens are quite different. Sure, they may both have Giratina in it, but there's like ten hacks with a Giratina titlescreen. Most of the colours are similar because of Giratina's palette.
    Any simple Giratina titlescreen would look like that, it's only simple editing that most of the ROM Hackers can do. This argument can stop now.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • What about the yellow and orange flames and bars?

Well I hate to burst your bubble but they all look very similar to a titlescreen posted on PHO. Although ageangel claims that he made the titlescreen himself.
    And, as Cierra said, there are so many Giratina titlescreens out there, some of them are bound to look similar. But there are differences so just let it go.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    From PHO?No,ageangel don't claim he made it himself,a member of his team said he made it.Lot of people lie lately,revealing work thats not theirs.I met already 3 of them.I don't give names of course.And i'm not mad at these persons.

I thought PHO was a member of PC. XD
    Now i start to remember that they're other forums(i think).

He gave credit to PHO,so we're ok.

infmaniac

Determined Beginner
    Years
  • well i hope this arguement is over i would never steal from peoples hack and hate that my attemp at something is being dragged thru the dirt because of similaritys to someone elses work. i knew nothing of ageangels hack either. hope cos of this incident it doesnt turn ppl away from my hack as iv spent loads of time on this. i may change the screen but may not as i like it. The name may also change. (Originally it was to be called; The Legend Of Pokemon: Universal Existence.) Anyway, iv finished my Kanto maps (for now) and im attempting new areas now aswell as doin the pokemon (I overwrote bulbasaur with turtwig, Overwrote wurmple with bulbasaur, now im overwriting someone else for wurmple... Im doin this to most of them lol) Also the starter ideas will change lots lol as i see its not right (The poll saved far to soon then i said :s ) there will be various options including diffeent sets that work well together. And one more thing, GavZ , Thanks for the offer but iv got the mapping under control :) nice map also :) woo long post... im gonna get some more stuff done now Woop Woop!!

The starters will range from things like the simple starters from the four gens, mixed gens (squirtle, chikorita, chimchar. something like that) or something including birds, other combo's that work or maybe same types or species (Bulbasaur, Treecko, Turtwig, Or something like Dragon starters or certain same looking pokemon i dunno ill do another poll when the latest one vanishes.

Last edited:
    Back