• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon the New Order [BETA V3 RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    is there any news on development of the game or anything you would like me to look up for help?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    looks interesting, will have to try this. Being part of the evil team is something I've been interested in playing for a while now, so the concept has me interested.

Years
    • Seen today
    Very excited to see this project being worked on again, from what I remember it left at a great cliffhanger moment and I wanted more!
    Sadly I lost my games/saves from most fan made.. so I will just have to start anew to refresh my memory!
    Hope it all goes well, can't wait to see where the story goes, and what bugs I can find! lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Very excited to see this project being worked on again, from what I remember it left at a great cliffhanger moment and I wanted more!
    Sadly I lost my games/saves from most fan made.. so I will just have to start anew to refresh my memory!
    Hope it all goes well, can't wait to see where the story goes, and what bugs I can find! lol

Aah great to hear the cliffhanger left you hooked on it! Sorry for your saves, though. Maybe experiencing the game anew when a new update releases will help you relive the experiences again? Heh

is there any news on development of the game or anything you would like me to look up for help?

Glad to hear you're looking forward to it and I'm flattered you're offering your help! When I need any resources I'll gladly ask You, I'm not that great of a pixel artist lol

looks interesting, will have to try this. Being part of the evil team is something I've been interested in playing for a while now, so the concept has me interested.

Yee, being the bad guys for a change feels good, doesn't it? xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024

Well, it's been officially 2 years now since the first release of Beta 1! Sadly, I don't have Beta 3 to commemorate that, which only proves the game's been running at a slower pace, but nevertheless, it still is running! And for that, I have proof~

Introducing

Glimmerview Town
    s5qMunH.png

The starting place of every trainer aiming to become the Champion of Fabelle! Friendly to all dreamers and perfect for young aspiring children! With the calm atmosphere and Pokemon Professor's Lab at your disposal, the Gym Challenge lies at your grasp!

Well, it is friendly until you learn what lies beneath the Lab itself...
    5fzfmZt.png

And believe me... It's better not to get caught in there
    9Ccz17N.png

The operation takes you straight into the Lion's Den. That means that navigating around it will be the test of the extent of your infiltration skills
    WTQf75O.png

The consequences of the mission will prove to be unexpected. What happens next may prove to be the biggest obstacle in your journey yet...
    9mzhExl.png

I'm generally busy with my studies these days but from time to time I'm working on the project bit by bit. I won't promise any release dates, as usual, but I'd like you to know that the project isn't abandoned, and I haven't had this much will to continue it in a long time. Hoping you haven't forgotten about the game too, heh

Cheers~

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    ooooh, i cant wait till theres new content tbh, and when i do its time to do my favourite thing, grind till i get krokorok and then demolish everything, oh how fun it is being the only grunt with non themed pokemon (although i did play with those and it was pretty hard but fun to hunt psychic, steel and electric types down, started with bronzor because thats the only one you can't get as far as i know)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    ooooh, i cant wait till theres new content tbh, and when i do its time to do my favourite thing, grind till i get krokorok and then demolish everything, oh how fun it is being the only grunt with non themed pokemon (although i did play with those and it was pretty hard but fun to hunt psychic, steel and electric types down, started with bronzor because thats the only one you can't get as far as i know)

Glad to see you looking forward to it! Hah, yees, Krokorok is a strong one for sure, one of my fav Gen V Mons if I do say so myself~ Playing as grunts is doable, albeit tad hard. I scattered some grunt-themed type encounters around the region (Steel is still lacking this 1, I'm working on itttt). And you actually can find Bronzor, though it's a bit uncommon. It's only available as of now in Hasashi Cave BF2, in Hasashi City. I never intended for starters to be like the usual ones, only available at the beginning of the game, giving team-making more freedom this way

Years
  • Hi, I'm trying to evolve my Magneton with a thunder stone but it says it's not able to do so, but on the first page of this thread you said you had changed Magneton to be able to evolve via said stone, am I missing something?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Heres hoping you succeed! I love team rocket edition, enjoy the dark tones and playing as the villians! I typically dont play fan mades untill completion but i will have to make an exception.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Hi, I'm trying to evolve my Magneton with a thunder stone but it says it's not able to do so, but on the first page of this thread you said you had changed Magneton to be able to evolve via said stone, am I missing something?

Ah, I changed the way it evolves, probably in the first release of Beta 2 and forgot to change it in the main post. Magneton evolves by leveling up in an electric area, which is, as of now, the Voltaic Tunnel. It's located either on route 42 or route 33. Sorry for the confusion!

Heres hoping you succeed! I love team rocket edition, enjoy the dark tones and playing as the villians! I typically dont play fan mades untill completion but i will have to make an exception.

Thank you so much! Yeah, being the bad guy is snazzy, dare I say~ And I'd feel honoured if you did!

Can't wait for the next part still, holding on for this seems worth it!
    Yeah, the project is not on a hiatus as much as I have many exams at the moment and no time for anything game-related. But I assure you, the game won't be abandoned!

Years
  • Ah, I changed the way it evolves, probably in the first release of Beta 2 and forgot to change it in the main post. Magneton evolves by leveling up in an electric area, which is, as of now, the Voltaic Tunnel. It's located either on route 42 or route 33. Sorry for the confusion!

No worries, I actually stumbled upon the evolution shortly after asking that question, haha!
    That being said, I had a wonderful time playing this fan-game, it's one of my favourites now. The only major criticism I have is that the speed-up button is completely broken. The first level is somewhat tolerable, but the second level makes the game very laggy, to the point where it actually slows my reactions down, and the top speed is so laggy that my character basically teleports five or six tiles over at a time and I cannot see anything at all, even battles become slow. If possible, I recommend switching to a simpler speed-up key where you just press the button once and the game speeds up, and then pressing it again toggles it off, as I rarely see games with multiple speed-up levels where it never gets laggy.

Also, this isn't so much a criticism as it is a notification of a potential issue - in my playthrough, after being assigned my first mission by the boss, I went straight to the upper city through the cave and was confused as to why the story didn't align with the instructions of the mission, and only later realised that I was supposed to go down. I missed out on quite a bit of dialogue as a result. It was a relief to know I didn't miss out on any big rewards, but if the game doesn't allow me to go back and hear that dialogue again, I strongly recommend both some kind of restriction from going further into the tunnel until that first mission is complete, and more specific directions as to where the route leading to that first town is. I know this is partially my own stupidity, but I feel like the non-linearity of going up into the cave instead of down backfires on the experience.

Other than that, fantastic game! Keep up the excellent work!

Years
    • Seen today
    Going through the story and beating Ruin Maniac Cecil again at the Edgestone Caverns for the 2nd fossil - there is an error when picking either fossil.

The "bug2" and "bug3" pictures attached are appearing since doing the Tournament. Pressing enter to go through them allows me to continue loading luckily, but they appear every time I load the game.

https://pasteboard.co/S1yn4UGYQHCo.png

Attachments

• bug.png
      bug.png
      23.7 KB · Views: 4
    • bug3.png
      bug3.png
      9.5 KB · Views: 1
    • bug2.png
      bug2.png
      10.2 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Hii y'all, just dropping by to inform you of the development of the game, so as to let you know it's not dead in the end xD

Ever since I finally stopped playing Genshin I've had much more time to focus on the game lol

I'll try to address any issues in a moment or two, but for now, here are some spoilerless things that can be shown (anything plot-related is a MASSIVE spoiler, so let's skip that until Beta 3, shall we?)

PWT Additions

cFZZ0Lw.png

wEuamiT.png

Sj3QcCD.png

That's right, finally getting to add more than only up to Gen IV gym leaders. With gen VII leaders (hopefully) coming up next! It's a welcome addition, I believe, since in the original PWT we've only had up to the Gen V leaders (which is still impressive)

New locations

U4SgwF0.gif

As the story progresses, you'll come to explore many new areas, including, but not limited to, the shrine of culture that is the Kaeda Grove. Pretty chill, if I dare say so myself

It's getting late here and I still do have uni stuff to take care of, but be assured that the game's something I'm mainly working on once again. Been a while!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    No worries, I actually stumbled upon the evolution shortly after asking that question, haha!
    That being said, I had a wonderful time playing this fan-game, it's one of my favourites now. The only major criticism I have is that the speed-up button is completely broken. The first level is somewhat tolerable, but the second level makes the game very laggy, to the point where it actually slows my reactions down, and the top speed is so laggy that my character basically teleports five or six tiles over at a time and I cannot see anything at all, even battles become slow. If possible, I recommend switching to a simpler speed-up key where you just press the button once and the game speeds up, and then pressing it again toggles it off, as I rarely see games with multiple speed-up levels where it never gets laggy.

Also, this isn't so much a criticism as it is a notification of a potential issue - in my playthrough, after being assigned my first mission by the boss, I went straight to the upper city through the cave and was confused as to why the story didn't align with the instructions of the mission, and only later realised that I was supposed to go down. I missed out on quite a bit of dialogue as a result. It was a relief to know I didn't miss out on any big rewards, but if the game doesn't allow me to go back and hear that dialogue again, I strongly recommend both some kind of restriction from going further into the tunnel until that first mission is complete, and more specific directions as to where the route leading to that first town is. I know this is partially my own stupidity, but I feel like the non-linearity of going up into the cave instead of down backfires on the experience.

Other than that, fantastic game! Keep up the excellent work!
    Thanks! I am very glad to hear that! These comments and criticisms help out a lot!
    And I thought about players who are just not into, say, exploring or they really want to skip through some dialogue, or battle animations (which can take some time if you ask me lol), so I'm probably gonna keep it for convenience's sake, but thanks for pointing that out!

And omg, you got out of that cave so early? XD That was not supposed to be able to happen ._. I'll have to take a deeper look, I do remember taking some countermeasures against that, but that was in the very early stages of the game, so my memory is a little misty.

Going through the story and beating Ruin Maniac Cecil again at the Edgestone Caverns for the 2nd fossil - there is an error when picking either fossil.

The "bug2" and "bug3" pictures attached are appearing since doing the Tournament. Pressing enter to go through them allows me to continue loading luckily, but they appear every time I load the game.

https://pasteboard.co/S1yn4UGYQHCo.png
    About that... Yeah, it's when I tried using actual phone function instead of simply events on the map and now it's somewhere deep in the game's files and I am not certain where exactly, so you maaay want to stay away from Cecil for some time until I try and figure out how the heck to fix that xD

And I'm terribly sorry about the Tournament message. It was caused by me not realising there were not enough trainers in the code early on and even though I fixed it now, from what I've read, it's now in your save file, so it's bound to pop up every time you load the game. It's not earth-shattering or devastating, but I understand it's quite annoying - it pops up every time I playtest the game myself ;0

Days
    • Seen Jun 20, 2023
    Is there a way to change the controls of this game freely and not the force u to use the same 8-10 letters( I really wanna move around with wasd)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Is there a way to change the controls of this game freely and not the force u to use the same 8-10 letters( I really wanna move around with wasd)

Huh, that's actually something I haven't thought about. Digging into the topic, I learnt there is a default system in Essentials that allows changing your controls via a menu that opens up when you press F1. Buuut it's pretty counter-intuitive so I installed a script that allows you to do that through the default menu. Granted, until Beta 3 releases, using the F1 menu is the only option to do so, but thank you for your insight! It's a much-needed quality-of-life addition!

Back