• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - The Ripped Universe *revived*

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Pokemon- The Ripped Universe​

:mew2: Information:
    ROM used: Pokemon FireRed [BPRE]
    Author: Heart's Soul

:mew2: Storyline:
    You wake up in your hometown of Holon, and you watch TV. There, it said that a mysterious force is gathering on top of Mt. Gresi and there is something behind it. You run off to your rival, who then talks about the Torn World's myth and says that the rofessor next town might know something about it. You find a pokeball in the old laboratory, where Professor Kaori worked and leave to find him. You have no idea that Kaori disappeared, and your rival appears beside you. You go into the old lab to see that some kid is working instead of Kaori. After this... nobody knows.

:mew2: Features:
    New Region
    New Rivals
    New Storyline
    Team Rocket
    Updated Graphics
    Trades
    The Torn World
    New Music

:mew2: Status:
    Honey Town
    Route 51
    Emotionless Lake
    2nd Town
    Route 52
    Unknown Forest
    Route 53
    ???

:mew2: Media:
    Prototype - JULY15-2010
    Spoiler:

Update- JULY-19-2010
    Spoiler:

:mew2: Team:
    Members may receive Cameos
    Heart's Soul - Main Mapper, Some Graphics, Storyline, Leader
    007manyo - Tiles

:mew2: Credits to:
    Everyone who made the HGSS tileset
    HackMew for a lot of stuff
    interdpth, Mastermind_X, and ZodiacDaGreat for the Day/Night System
    Everyone who made the tools

:mew2: We need your help!
    As this cannot be done by the team we have now, we need more members! You can join us by submitting a PM with a piece of your work!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Um, the pics are okay, but I don't like the tall grass tiles. And the sidewalk path in your hometown is an eyesore. Too bright for the rest of the palettes.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Um, the pics are okay, but I don't like the tall grass tiles. And the sidewalk path in your hometown is an eyesore. Too bright for the rest of the palettes.

Well, that- I agree with. I had to remake it due to a bad error on my part, but it's still very similar to the current state.

Personally, I love the pallettes you used.
    I also love the D/P/Pt tiles, it seemed as if they were original to the game.

I have some experience with inserting tiles, in fact, i have inserted HG/SS houses into my hack (which could possibly take me a few years to complete) and I am also a good mapper, using my tile-inserting skills.
    I'll PM you with some of my work.
    Anyway, I think this hack could become one of the greats, if you had more people to help.

Thanks! I'm waiting for it starting now! I might use a different ROM base though.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Well, that- I agree with. I had to remake it due to a bad error on my part, but it's still very similar to the current state.

Thanks! I'm waiting for it starting now! I might use a different ROM base though.

That's a good idea. the Rombase is attrocious.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    Looks great so far.
    Story is pretty interesting;; Not starting in a village with a professor?! ;)

PM me if you still need a beta tester?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Looks great so far.
    Story is pretty interesting;; Not starting in a village with a professor?! ;)

PM me if you still need a beta tester?

Okay, I admit it. It's very similar to Platinum- which I just played. Well, the Japanese one. I enjoyed it and the story is very similar to Platinum's. Heck, the first route is almost a rip-off of Route 201! :cheeky:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I have seen people making Pre-makes for everything.
    Most of them are not very good.
    this one though, having a different storyline, isn't a pre-make. so... yeah.
    i don't know why i went back into constructive criticism mode.
    anyway, i suggest using Ruby as your ROM base, just because it has time features, so a Day/Night system can be implemented, just like in platinum!

I did some research. FRLG actually can use the Day/Night feature, but I need a scripter for that. And I doubt it'll be in the first beta.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • I did some research. FRLG actually can use the Day/Night feature, but I need a scripter for that. And I doubt it'll be in the first beta.

You right but you also need rtc to able to check the time and date in order for the d\n system to work.
    Any who I like the hack why don't you used custom tile mix with hg\ss tile?
    Make it look professional.
    Well it your hack.
    Good luck any way.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You right but you also need rtc to able to check the time and date in order for the d\n system to work.
    Any who I like the hack why don't you used custom tile mix with hg\ss tile?
    Make it look professional.
    Well it your hack.
    Good luck any way.

Yeah, I want a M3 Perfect Lite. It has RTC and so does VBA (you just have to turn it on!)

Also, I have no idea where to CTM is.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    To everybody: I have created a more-or-less working build of this game. The problem is that only a few scripts exist that were slightly altered.

But who cares? The game works!

Still looking for a scripter...

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I did some research. FRLG actually can use the Day/Night feature, but I need a scripter for that. And I doubt it'll be in the first beta.
    :/ You don't need to do any scripting to implement the DN Feature.
    there's tools to do that. :3

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    :/ You don't need to do any scripting to implement the DN Feature.
    there's tools to do that. :3

Going to look around now. Either way, I need scripters for this hack. I'm already finishing up some levels mapping-wise and I need members.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You should make some better maps, as I still see that they're almost the same from
    the original maps. You can also try improving the grammar in your storyline...

Well, I am remaking the maps. Even as I speak! Also, I wrote the storyline two years ago, so there's bound to be grammar mistakes as I knew English for a mere 7 years (at time of this post)

EDIT: Posted new screens in spoiler!
    Spoiler:

Yeah, there's a difference now in tiles. I am NOT finished the routes.

Last edited:

Awesome

has divided by zero.
    Years
  • That sidewalk/lighter grass in the one town is still pretty bad, it doesn't look good with those darker-colored tiles... =/

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    That sidewalk/lighter grass in the one town is still pretty bad, it doesn't look good with those darker-colored tiles... =/

If you were to check the post above (fixed the first post too) then you'd notice I changed it to another tileset.

Back