• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Ultimates (OOC and Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    My next post will be late tomorrow, after 8 EST. Sorry for the long delay, too much summer work hitting at once.

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    That's cool. I'm heading to europe for work on sunday (love my job) and won't be back till the 19th (july). I'll have pretty reliable internet access, but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get online. It should be fine, the past few years I've had enough time to RP, but just a heads up in case I'm not on as much for the next 2 weeks.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Okay so I lied. PC has been down for a while at least on my computer. Post will be still coming in the near future.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
    Years
    Wow, i just read through you plot and i must say i am impressed! Are SU's still open?

Ok, i really hope SU's are still open because this took me all arvo to do :) i did get a little slack towards the end of the history but i think its still good enough. I hope this is good enough :)

Name:
    Lance Coleman(Codename: Leech)

Physical Description:
    Lance stands at 6'4" and has a somewhat muscular build. Lance has blue eyes and short, spiky midnight black hair that he'll usually wear in a messy tangle. Lance has as an unusually large scar running up the inside of his left arm along with a lightly disfigured left cheek. He is usually found in his black S.H.I.E.L.D uniform but loves wearing a t-shirt and jeans whenever it is appropriate. He tends to stay away from shorts because of several extremely severe scars on his legs.

Personality:
    Lance is almost an overly kind person and will always go out of his way to help those in need. He is nearly always putting other people first and often goes for days with out attending to his own basic needs. As unselfish he is to others, Lance can be extremely hard on himself, especially when he is defeated in battle. If by chance Lance is defeated in battle he will train his Pokémon and himself non stop for days often pushing himself both to his physical and psychological limits. Due to the loss of his parents at an early age, Lance has put himself behind a sort of social barrier and only appears in public if absolutely necessary. Although he has slowly began to overcome this self enforced barrier Lance usually only socializes with friends, family and workmates. However, with Pokémon it is a completly different story. Having spent nearly all his life with his Pidgeot, Whirlwing, Lance has an extremely acute bond with all Pokémon.

Region From:
    Johto, Ecruteak City Town

Region Currently:
    Johto, Lake of Rage

History:
    Little is known of Lance's early life other than he was two when his parants and himself were victims of a severe car crash. All that is known about the insident was that they were driving around Mahogany town when a Miltank stumbled onto the road. The deperate driver elledgantly swerved to avoid the Pokémon and plumited off the cliff. Supprisingly the young Lance survived but his parants dissapeard without a trace...

Not long after his parants dissapearance Lance became somewhat a mute and refuesed to speak to anyone. His conserned aunt and now carer took him to a psychologist who suggested a Pokémon may break this barrier of speach. No sooner than the day after his aunt took him to New Bark Town to see the proffesor about obtaining a Pokémon. The professor kindly agreed to entrust the yound lad with a Pokémon and handed over a small Pidgy over who has been Lance's truty companion ever since.

A few years on, Lance began to regain basic communitcation skills with Pokémon and people. Sometimes his aunt would over hear him whisteling like a Pidgy and the bird Pokémon replying in a similar manor.

One of the monk's from the Tin Tower recognized his remarkable ability and took him in as an apprentice to try and further enhance his power. Eventually Lance's master, Hei Ling passed away leaving his Gastly behind who soon disapeared for unknown reasons, some say it was because he passed through to the spiret world to find his master . After sometime, Lance decided to train his Pokémon to help other's in need. Eventually evolving his Pidgy to its final evolutionary stage, Lance became a kind of one man rescue team. H was approached by S.H.E.I.L.D and offered a position in there tactical response unit.

S.H.E.I.L.D prefer there members to have more than one Pokémon and requested that Lance go visit the professor in order to acquire another. Surprised and shocked at the results of the Pidgy he orriginaly gave Lance, the professor took him deep into the laboratory to give him a choice of 3 very special Pokémon. Cyndaquil, Todadile and Chikorita. Lance waved his hand over the 3 Pokéballs when suddenly the one containing Cyndaquill shot up into his hand. Astounded and amazed, Lance left the laboratory, confused and looking for answers as to the happening.

Lance returned to the tin tower and found a book in his deceased masters quarters. It contained hundreds, possibly thousands of notes and theory's all revolving around a special gift called the Dimensional Whisper. intrigued Lance continued to read when he suddenly came to a page nearly blank besides the words in the middle... "Lance can Whisper". Without warning a strange Ghostly figure appeared in front of Lance, he was sure it was his masters Gastly. Lance had what he came for... Answers... So he left only to be followed by the Gastly who had seemed to have developed a keen intrest in Lance. Lance adopted Gastly as one of his own and returned to his normal duties as a member of S.H.I.E.L.D slowly discovoring the full potential of his abilities. As time passed on, lance grew stonger, and so did his Powers...

Class:
    Mystic Avatar

Ability:
    Dimensional Whisper: Lance has the Dimensional Whisper, a magical power said to be inherited through an extremely close bond with a Pokémon, such a bond is usualy formed by spending an extraordinarily large amount of time with the Pokémon. Other than himself only one other person has ever been recorded to posses the gift, his great grandfather. With the Dimensional Whisper, Lance has the ability to have a full conversation with most Pokémon and through anything as simple as seeing a Pokémon, Lance can inherit an ability of any Pokémon. On rare occasion, Lance will sometimes permanantly inherit abilitys of Pokémon he has a strong, emotional bond with.

Currently Lance has inherited the ability of flight, and extremely keen sight from Whirlwing and the ability to breath fire from his newly befreinded Cyndaquil, Blaze. On top of all this, Lance has seemed to also have absorbed powers from his masters Gastly. Lance will often dissapear and reapear without warning, usualy in a different location, and sometimes Lance will phase through to an entierly different world. The Spitit World...

The Dimensional Whisper also allows Lance to befriend Pokémon in an unusually short span of time.
    Also, lance has moderate Telekinetic powers. The
    Dimensional Whisper is said do have been acquired by spending an extremely long time with a Pokémon that trusts you and loves you the way you do them. The feeling must remain mutual or the Dimensional Whisper will fail..

Pokemon:

Name/Nickname:
    Whirlwing

Species:
    Pidgeot

Description and Personality:
    Whirlwing is an extremely loyal and reliable partner. Some would say he is no different from any other Pidgiot but what they don't know is he has inherited many of the traits and abilitys that his master, Lance, posesses. Just like lance, Whirlwing can inherit abilitys and powers of other Pokémon through touch. He also has a large black "V" imbeded in his chest

Name/Nickname:
    Blaze

Species:
    Cynaquil

Blaze is a cheeky Cyndaquil that often likes to play tricks on his master. Allthough the have a strong bond Blaze sometimes ignores commands but still remains a loyal Pokémon. Sometimes Blaze will wander off without warning but will return with a useless stick or feather but sometimes he brings back something more valuable like an Oran berry or sometimes even a gold Nugget.

Name/Nickname: Spooks

Species:
    Gastly

Spooks will usually wonder off at her own will but will reappear at the times he is needed most. Sometimes Spooks will open her mouth and let out an extremely high pitched squeal. Some people say that that was the scream a young girl made before she died and was reincarnated as a Gastly. Spooks is a somewhat adventuros Pokémon who often ventures ahead before returning in a hurry because something has frightend her. As scary as Spooks is, she is easily frightend or startled, often by nothing even worth being scared of.

Last edited:

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    Ah, you already did. Well, it's a good signup. My only concern is that your character is actually a little underpowered when compared to all the others, especially if the only powers he can duplicate are those of pokes he has a strong bond with (pidgeot and cyndaquil)

Pending.

Exiled~Shadow

Years
    Yea well i was kinda gonna like enhance his powers as he progresses through the RP. so like eventually he will be able to do many many things like permanently absorb any power from any Pokemon just by looking at it (thus the codename leech) i just thought it'd b more interesting if his powers hadn't reached there full potential yet.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Also, "dementional"? Not "dimensional"?

Exiled~Shadow

Years
    That sucks.... well........... damn... Um... I'll think of something... Oh oh oh!!! Ive got one :) Not right from the start (just cos i wanna have a little power development) He could have the ability to transform into different pokemon! Like a ditto! Even better, he absorbs the abbitlity to trasform, from a ditto :) is that ok?

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    It's an interesting power, but I don't see how it would really help. Remember that Ditto transformations are only as strong as Ditto is, so your character would again be severely underpowered when confronting something like...say...(not to reveal anything *wink wink*)...Groudon, or any other big threat.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Personally, I think a ghost power would be phenomenal. You could phase out of reality or connect with the spirits of people and Pokémon, or something.

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    Personally, I think a ghost power would be phenomenal. You could phase out of reality or connect with the spirits of people and Pokémon, or something.

Yeah, when i tried running this on another site, that was someone's power, and he had fun with it.

As for genetically modified ditto...eh, since all I'm accepting are Mystic Avatars, that's a no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back