• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Ultimates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    Pokemon: The Ultimates

Signups located in OOC Thread.

NOTE: Yeah, you might have seen something similar to this a while back and that never got off the ground. In a sense, that was the prototype: I posted that without really knowing where I was heading and what I had planned for the RP. I had elements that I wanted to incorporate, but I didn't let it stew long enough in my head before posting it, and I couldn't commit to it. Anywho...this is the remastered, deluxe edition with six hours of bonus features including director and actor commentary, and a "making of" featurette.

=====Plot=====

Imagine a Pokemon world far darker than the one you know. The evils of the world are far more sinister and far more dangerous. In this world, the criminal entity known as Team Rocket was far more malevolent. Their endeavors in the fields of genetic manipulation far surpassed the creation of Mewtwo, though Mewtwo was perhaps their greatest achievement. Their manipulations of Pokemon and their genetic code were monstrous. They created terrible abominations, splicing together Pokemon and human DNA with often disastrous results. Luckily, several young trainers managed to uncover the identity of Team Rocket's boss, Giovanni the Viridian City Gym Leader, and were able to put a stop to his plans by destroying key Team Rocket facilities throughout Kanto with the help of the Kanto Police.

Team Rocket attempted a revival several years later in the Johto region. Their experiments at the Lake of Rage and Mahogany Town let loose an onslaught of attacks from rampaging Gyarados that destroyed Mahogany Town. A team of Pokemon trainers managed to deactivate the towers that broadcasted the experimental signal, and the Gyarados calmed down and returned to the lake. Team Rocket then attempted to capture Celebi and harness its power to traverse time, but they were thwarted by the Pokemon trainers before any real plans could come together and Celebi escaped into the timestream.

In the Hoenn, Team Aqua and Team Magma's ambitions resulted in the deaths of thousands due to droughts and floods. The battle between Groudon and Kyogre was tremendous. In the process, Mt. Chimney erupted and destroyed Lavaridge Town; Pacifidlog Town was wiped out by a title wave; and Sootopolis City was decimated in the final moments of the battle. Only the intervention of Rayquaza, who managed to defeat both Groudon and Kyogre and send them retreating back into hibernation. But Rayquaza was gripped by the heat of battle and flew to Mt. Pyre. There, Rayquaza obliterated the mountain in a fit of rage before calming and returning to the Sky Pillar.

In Sinnoh, the members of Team Galactic sought to harness the powers of Dialga and Palkia to remake the world in their image. They captured the three lake spirits--Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf--and used their life energies to create the Red Chain that they would use to control Palkia and Dialga, killing the lake spirits in the process. The spatial and temporal disturbances caused by Palkia and Dialga angered the renegade Giratina, who emerged from the Torn World and attacked Team Galactic. A battle between the three great dragons commenced. The battle decimated the nearby Celestic Town. The battle finally subsided when a young trainer summoned Arceus with the Azure Flute. The Alpha Pokemon quelled the three dragons with a flash of power and returned them to their own separate dimensions before vanishing.

Team Rocket. Team Aqua. Team Magma. Team Galactic. In the last decade, these criminal organizations have wreaked havoc upon the world of Pokemon. Their goals have varied from monetary gain, to global domination, to global geography manipulation, to the manipulation of time and space themselves. And they've very nearly succeeded in their goals; every time, it was but a twist of fate that a few random trainers were able to overcome the odds and foil their plans.

But for S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage Logistics Directorate), the global peace-keeping and counterterrorist organization, depending on a few, random, young Pokemon trainers was unacceptable. After Team Galactic's near-success in using the time-altering and space-altering Pokemon (Dialga and Palkia) to recreate the world, S.H.I.E.L.D. set the Ultimates Initiative into motion. In conjunction with the world's Pokemon Leagues, the Ultimates would be S.H.I.E.L.D.'s elite team dedicated to thwarting the plans of the above-mentioned teams, and any other teams that might emerge.

Now there are rumors that a new criminal organization has surfaced. While the name of this organization remains unknown (for now it is called Team X), S.H.I.E.L.D. intelligence suspects that the organization is seeking out a number of Legendary Pokemon. "Team X" has also stolen the Red and Blue orbs from the wreckage of Mt. Pyre, the Rainbow Wing and the Silver Wing from Ecruteak City, and several ancient scrolls from museums; these texts belonged to a long-lost civilization and pertain to an ancient prophecy. For what purpose, no one knows, but "Team X" is slowly growing in power and influence. It's time for the Ultimates to show their worth.

You're one of the Ultimates, elite agents and individuals that have been brought into S.H.I.E.L.D. to counter the efforts of criminal organizations like Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic. You've been assigned to S.H.I.E.L.D. by one branch of the Pokemon League (Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh) to serve in the Ultimates. Now it's you're job to handle the remnants of these criminal organizations while also searching for clues about "Team X".

======

The Teams:

Team Rocket: The oldest and most well-organized of the known criminal organizations. Team Rocket has had their hands in almost every plot in Kanto and Johto. Their greatest accomplishment was the creation of Mewtwo from the DNA of Mew. But they lost control of Mewtwo he hasn't been seen since. Team Rocket also attempted to capture Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, the Legendary Birds, and the Legendary Beasts. After being foiled at every turn by a group of young trainers, the boss Giovanni disbanded Team Rocket and went into hiding.

Team Aqua and Team Magma: Team Aqua sought the super-ancient Kyogre to attempt to expand the seas and oceans, claiming that since life came from the waters, more water would be better for the planet. Team Magma sought the super-ancient Groudon to attempt to expand the landmasses, claiming that more land would allow for more places to live and more life to flourish. But both teams lost control of the super-ancient Pokemon, who fought each other in a titanic battle. It was Rayquaza who finally arrived to calm the two Pokemon and send them back to slumber. Aqua and Magma's leaders then retreated.

Team Galactic: The most recent of the criminal organizations, Team Galactic was run by a man named Cyrus who sought out Dialga and Palkia so that he could reorder time and space to make himself the supreme deity of Earth. Had it not been for the interference of a few young trainers, then Cyrus would have succeeded and we would be living in a vastly different world today. After being foiled, Cyrus vowed revenge.

======

S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage Logistics Directorate, is a global peacekeeping and counterterrorist organization that was formed many years ago to attempt to combat the threats of various criminal organizations. They met with great success until Giovanni took charge of Team Rocket. Giovanni was able to outwit and outmaneuver S.H.I.E.L.D. at every turn. However, when he disbanded Team Rocket, S.H.I.E.L.D. caught a break and managed to dismantle all that remained of Team Rocket. S.H.I.E.L.D. then sought out Steven Stone, the former Hoenn League Champion, to aid them against other criminal organizations. He began to improve S.H.I.E.L.D.'s capabilities and was then promoted to Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. It was Steven that first developed the Ultimates Initiative with the purpose of combating the various criminal organizations that exist throughout the world.

The Ultimates: The Ultimates are an elite team run by S.H.I.E.L.D. and advised in part by the Pokemon League. In a sense, they are superheroes to the public. They are dedicated to defending the world from organizations like Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic. The Ultimates are a unique group of individuals from all over the Pokemon world, and they each have their own unique abilities. Some of them are the unwitting end-results of Team Rocket's genetic experiments, granting them phenomenal or horrific powers and abilities: that of Pokemon themselves. Others have formed mystical bonds with powerful Pokemon and have been granted supernatural powers. Still others are regular human beings, but extraordinarily powerful Pokemon trainers and masters.

=======

Signup Sheet:

Your characters are just being recruited into the Ultimates. They're going through their normal lives for the first post and then they'll be recruited by agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Name:
    Physical Description:
    Personality:
    Region From: (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh)
    Region Currently In: (where your character is currently traveling through--doesn't need to be different)
    History: (What you've done previous to this point. Be realistic: someone at 15 wouldn't have traveled through 15 different regions, beaten 120 Gyms and come in first in EVERY single league. Also, if your abilities come from scientific experimentation, explain the situation…be realistic.)
    Class: (either Master Trainer, Mystic Avatar, or Scientific Experiment)
    Ability: (if Mystic or Scientific w/explanation. If Trainer, must be a very limited ability that somehow pertains to Pokemon battling or raising.)
    Pokemon: (if Master Trainer--team of 5 or 6. If other, maximum of 3)

Pokemon Sheet:
    Name/Nickname:
    Species:
    Description and Personality: (Describe traits, personality, and history)

For signups, go to the OOC thread: OOC thread located here

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    The ocean and sky stretched out before him: an endless expanse of blue above and below. Everything was just so blue. So peaceful. And he could just float there, above the bustle and movement of the earth below. He could just float there, basking in the warm glow of the sun: drawing from its strength. Below him the ocean frothed with life. Wailord and Gyarados and Milotic surged through the waves. Above them flew Wingull and Pelipper. Here the world was at such peace.

"Nova," a voice crackeld over the tiny communications device concealed in his ear. "We're a-go for the Ultimates Initiative. I'm sending some representatives to potential recruits throughout the four regions. I want you to head to the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town. Lorelei will be there to meet you."

"Understood," said Nova. He dropped from the sky, plummeting at astounding speeds. He ripped through the sky, scorching the air in his wake. He freefell through the clouds: falling until he was just above the surface of the ocean. Then he abruptly stopped his flight and shot over the waves. Water sprayed up in the wake of his flight.

Nova soared over the crystal-blue oceans. Beneath him something stirred, and the great beast of the sea, the almighty Lugia, breached the ocean's surface. The great, white, bird-like creature broke through the water and raced above the waves. Nova slowed to stare into its giant eye for a moment. Lugia was startled by Nova's presence: it had never seen a human such as him. It banked sharply and surged back into the depths. Gone in a flash of white and blue water. Nova sympathized with the creature; a singular entity, all alone in a world that changed around it continuously. How much longer would such a creature be able to survive before mankind pushed it to the brink? He had no answer.

With a flash, Nova rocketed high into the sky. He soared high above the earth, beyond the edge of the atmosphere in the dead silence of near-space. He then twisted and fired back down to earth, spiraling as he fell. The spiral helped slow him down, and he then flew leisurely through the air over Kanto. He stopped above Lavender town and slowly floated down to land outside of the Pokemon Tower. He spotted a military helicopter at the south end of the town. Lorelei was already headed towards him.

"I thought I'd beat you here," Lorelei said with a smile. "You were all the way out in the middle of the ocean."

"And?" Phoenix smirked.

"Point taken," said Lorelei. "C'mon. Our first two recruits are inside." Phoenix and Lorelei walked into the Pokemon Tower. "Victoria Meyers, twenty-four years old: superhuman reflexes and speed, combat proficiency, limited superhuman strength, limited precognition, and some pretty neat armor and weaponry."

"Sound interesting," said Phoenix. "Any chance she'd be really willing to join up with us?"

"She's had some experience with Team Rocket in the past," answered Lorelei. "They stole most of her Pokemon. She's made it her personal crusade to find them and stop them."

"Sounds promising," said Phoenix. "Let's see what they have to say then."

=====

Vicki Meyers moved silently through the Pokemon Tower, searching for any evidence left behind by Team Rocket years before. Her Umbreon, Romulus, stalked behind her, silently awaiting her command. Vicki knew the chances that Team Rocket would have left anything behind were slim, but she had to try. She was beginning to lose hope.

She felt something moving around her; something unseen and ghostly. At once, a suit of red armor appeared over her body and a pair of swords appeared in her hands. Romulus moved to her side and snarled: he also sensed the thing in the room.

"No need for you to get antsy," someone said. Vicki spun around and faced two people. One was a woman of average height with red hair and wore a pressed suit. The man was quite a bit taller and was thick with muscle. Vicki stood, astounded, at the turn of events. She had been hoping to find some clue as to Team Rocket's whereabouts, or current activities. Instead she was confronted with this strange assortment of people.

"My name is Lorelei Walsh," said the woman. Vicki gasped. She knew she recognized her from somewhere. She was a former Elite Four, a first class Master Trainer, and someone who could definitely point her in the right direction.

"I work with SHIELD, we're a law enforcement and counterterrorist agency dedicated to countering the efforts of criminal organizations like Team Rocket," said Lorelei

"What do you want from me?" Vicki demanded.

"I'm here representing Steven Stone, Director of Shield. He's putting a team together," Lorelei answered. "A team of individuals like you, with abilities and talents above and beyond the normal scope. He wants you on the team." Vicki regarded her warily. "We've been keeping an eye on all those involved with Team Rocket in one way or another," said Lorelei. "Look, just come with me and hear the proposal. If you're not interested, you can leave: no problem."

Lorelei led Vicki and Phoenix from the Pokemon Tower to the helicopter waiting at the south end of town. They hopped onboard and Vicki turned to Phoenix.

"Aren't you coming?" she asked.

"Nova? Ride in a chopper?" Lorelei asked with a smirk. "I'd like to see that."

"Radio the helicarrier," said Phoenix. "Let them know I'll be there in fifteen minutes." With that, he lifted into the air and shot of into the sky. A sonic boom sounded in his wake...

=====

Fuchsia City, Kanto

Keani and Keahi lounged on the beach on the south end of Fuchsia City. The sun was strong but the twins were already nicely tanned from long hours of doing exactly what they were doing at that moment...nothing. A military helicopter roared overhead and began to settle down on the far side of the beach. A man in purple, ninja-like garb stepped out from the chopper. The pilot and another soldier remained inside. The man strode over to the twins.

"Greetings, I am Koga Fujikawa of the Kanto-Johto Elite Four," he introduced himself. "I come at the behest of Steven Stone, Director of SHIELD and former Champion of the Hoenn League. He has a proposition of sorts for you two, one that involves the use of your considerable...talents. He asks nothing more than for you to meet with him and hear him out. Should you choose not to accept his invitation, you will be free to return here at once." Koga motioned to the helicopter. "The choice is yours."

=====

Saffron City, Kanto

Sabrina, the Saffron City Gym Leader and psychic master, was having quite a hard time locating her intended target. His psychic powers were obviously very strong. Still, if Steven Stone's intelligence report was right, the target--designated "Psyke"--was more of a telekinetic and a mind-reader than a precognitive telepath like Sabrina. She could locate things, reach out with her powerful mind, and find what she was looking for.

"There," she sighed. "Found him. Finally." She psychically contacted the sleeping young man and woke him from his slumber. "Hello," she said. "I am Sabrina, Gym Leader of Saffron City. I have been asked to extend to you an offer by Steven Stone, Director of SHIELD. He is most anxious to meet with you to discuss an opportunity. All he asks is that you hear his offer. If you do not like it, you're free to return to your wonderfully decadent lifestyle," A helicopter roared overhead and landed a little ways off. "It's up to you."

=====

Rustboro City, Hoenn

Mr. Stone, the president of the Devon Corporation sat in his office as Peri Treyes walked in. He was genuinely glad to see the girl, she had become a valued asset to the Devon Corporation ever since arriving from the Kanto region. In fact, due to Peri's assistance, Devon Corporation and Silph Corporation were beginning to develop joint-projects that would combine their resources. They were even in contact with the Poketch Company in Sinnoh.

"I'm glad you could make it, Peri. Please have a seat," said Mr. Stone. "As you know, your...abilities...have allowed Devon and Silph to make amazing leaps forward in technology, and for this you have our eternal thanks. However, I believe it is time that you begin to make your own mark on the world. Find your own way. My son, Steven, was, at one time, the Hoenn League Champion. Since then he's become involved in SHIELD, a global peace-keeping and counter-terrorist agency. He's putting together a team: individuals like you, with powers and abilities beyond the scope of normal human beings. There's a helicopter waiting on the roof if you're interested. I hope you'll hear him out."

=====

Meteor Falls, Hoenn

The sounds of battle echoed throughout the caverns of Meteor Falls. For Lance, the dragon master, the sounds were distinctly that of the dragon Pokemon he had come to know so well. He recognized the unique growls and roars of the different species: Salamence and Garchomp, nearly legendary in their power; Aerodactyl, a terror from prehistoric times; Charizard, the fiery savage; Milotic and Kingdra, peaceful dragons from the sea that could explode with awesome power. Ah yes. Lance knew them well.

"Malic Ragel," Lance acknowledged, catching the trainer's attention. "I've heard a lot about you. Everyone back home in Blackthorne is eager to hear from you and learn of your progress. In fact, you've got quite a following." Lance gave a friendly nod. "I probably don't have to introduce myself; you know who I am: former Elite Four Master and current Kanto-Johto League Champion. Yadda, yadda. I'm here on behalf of Steven Stone, the Director of SHIELD. He's become aware of your considerable talents and asked me to extend an invitation to meet on the SHIELD helicarrier, their mobile fortress. He has a job opportunity for you. There's a helicopter waiting outside. What'dya say we pay him a visit." Lance then revealed one of his Pokeballs and called out his Dragonite. "And to make this really worth your while...I'll race you to the chopper."

=====

Mount Cornet, Sinnoh

Hailey Heartgold stood at the top of Mount Cornet, commonly referred to as the Spear Pillar. Professor Rowan had sent her there as he investigated the happenings that occurred years earlier between Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus. All the myths of Sinnoh seemed to stem from that one point at the top of Mount Cornet, and Rowan was determined to find out why.

"Rowan still searching?" a voice asked, shocking Hailey back to reality. A woman stood behind her, staring up into the sky. "Years ago, when the three dragons waged war, I was with the group that tried to stop them. We tried everything: fighting them, capturing them...none of it worked. Then someone tried praying. He took the Azure flute and he prayed. It worked, but he disappeared after that. I think that's what Rowan is really looking for. He wants to find Constantine."

Cynthia noticed that Hailey was rather confused. "Ah, where are my manners?" she said. "My name's Cynthia. I'm the Sinnoh League Champion, and a former student of Professor Rowan. I'm here on behalf of Steven Stone, the Director of SHIELD. He has a business proposition for you." A helicopter lifted into the air, peaking over the top of the mountain. It settled down just a little ways off. "Come with me. We'll hear what the big man has to say."

=====

Sky Pillar, Hoenn

It stormed above the Sky Pillar, and at its summit knelt a warrior armored in white. Lightning flashed once and the warrior named Omega rose to his feet. He stared into the storming sky. He closed his eyes and extended his will over the storm, but it would not cease. Omega understood the meaning. The journey was beginning. The world was set on the road to the end of days.

"The time has come," Omega whispered. "These mortals, these humans, they seek to change the world. But they will bring naught but ruin..."

=====

High in the sky. SHIELD Helicarrier

The various helicopters roared through the sky towards a single, massive, floating object. The SHIELD helicarrier was an awe-inspiring sight. It was an enormous, flying aircraft carrier, twice the size of most sea-going carriers, and it had far more fire power and technology than any other vehicle on the planet. It was SHIELD's mobile base: ready at a moments notice to deploy and sent SHIELD agents to any part of the world.

The fleet of helicopters carrying the potential recruits for the Ultimates Initiative landed on the flight deck in perfect sequence. Steven Stone stepped onto the deck and was met by a contingent of SHIELD agents that stood at attention as he made his way to the center of the flight deck.

"Welcome to the SHIELD Helicarrier," Steven announced to the assembled recruites. "My name is Steven Stone, Director of SHIELD. I've brought you all here because you each possess amazing skills and abilities. Whether you're a master-level trainer, or you possess some supernatural powers, you all have your gifts. And I want to harness these gifts for the betterment of the world."

"What do you mean by 'harness'?" asked Vicki Meyers.

"I'm putting a team together," Steven answered. "All of you, with your abilities and skills have the chance to truly make a difference in this world; to truly make things right again. In the last decade, there has been so much pain and death. There have been selfish and wicked individuals that have dealt so much damage to people and Pokemon alike. SHIELD has been working continuously to combat these threats, but we're lacking: we don't have the means to face these threats head on. That's why I brought you here. With your skills and abilities I believe we have a chance. The regional governments have authorized the Ultimates Initiative, which allows for the creation of a team of individuals such as you: men and women with skills above the norm."

"So what's the big crisis?" Vicki asked. "Last I heard Rocket was disbanded, Aqua and Magma failed, and Galactic was thwarted."

"We've received reports of criminal activity throughout the world," Lorelei answered. "They seem to be following Team Rocket's M.O., but have stolen several ancient relics."

"Like what?" Vicki asked.

"They've stolen the Red and Blue orbs from the wreckage of Mt. Pyre, the Rainbow Wing and the Silver Wing from Ecruteak City, and several ancient scrolls from museums," said Steven. "We think something huge is in the works."

"I'm in then," Vicki declared. "My powers came with the condition that I do what I can to protect the world. Besides, if these crimes have any connection to Team Rocket, I want my shot at them."

"Good," Steven declared. He turned to the other recruits. "I hope the rest of you will accept my offer. However, if not, you're free to leave. These choppers will return you from where we picked you up."

"I guess we're done here," said Lance as he motioned to himself and Cynthia. Steven nodded. Lance opened a Pokeball and called his Charizard while Cynthia called her Togekiss. The pair of champions took up wing and flew from the helicarrier.

Steven and Lorelei watched the recruits hopefully, awaiting their answer...

=====

The Eterna City Museum was quiet. It was a lazy Monday afternoon, and the museum was relatively empty save for the few staff members. A lone visitor gazed at one of the exhibits, a large, diamond-like orb.

"The Adamant Orb," he mused to himself. He took out his cell phone and quickly dialed a number. "It's me. I found what we've been looking for. We'll commence the operation later tonight..."

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Looking around, dazed from recently waking, the boy scanned his surroundings. Many strangers were glancing around anxiously, as two prominent looking figures stared them down. Hearing the words that had been said, the boy pieced together the scenario. Evidently, a new evil was being brought together and some well-known figures had chosen "special" people from around the map to assist them in their goal. This type of thing wasn't exactly the boy's style. He preferred the renegade lifestyle, "life on the run". This seemingly large amount of organization was the bane of his existence. However, becoming part of something as large as this seemed fun, and the boy had endured about enough of his boredom.

"I'm in", was all the boy had to say before sitting down, leaning against a wall, and passing out from sheer exhaustion.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Hailey frowned deeply. She had to admit to herself, she was still very confused. The female trainer had started the day climbing the mountain, then only looked around the ruins for about an hour or so before the Champion of Sinnoh herself came and got her onto a helicopper. Hailey had wondered at first what Cynthia was doing up there, then where they were going. Now...now she had no idea what to think. According the the Honne Champion, there was a new team that was very dangerous and was already on the move.

Still, none of those things were really on her mind right now. What this new team is, what they want or who S.H.I.E.L.D really was. There was only one really big question in her mind at the moment.

"Why am I here?" Hailey whispered quietly to herself.

The trainer couldn't really figure out what she was. She didn't have any special abilities, didn't really have anything above the norm of regular people. The only thing she thought she fit in was the master trainer area, but was she really that good? Hailey haddn't done so well in any of the Pokemon Leagues expect for the Sinnoh one, but even then she didn't win the whole thing. Why didn't they get the trainer that beat her? Obviously he was better then her.

This made Hailey doubt even more of Steven's choice at picking her. Of course...he said that she didn't have to join. He said that they could refuse and they would take her back. Yes, she would have to do that. After all, she still needs to look around Spear Pillar for clues. It's the job Prof. Roawn gave her and-

"Kiss?" A quite voice said and Hailey felt a soft nose nudge her elbow.

Hailey turned and looked at her own-and-yet-not-her-own Togekiss, Destiny. The trainer smiled and petted the Jubilee Pokemon. Destiny gave a happy cry and nuzzled closer to her trainer. Hailey sighed, realizing that if she didn't do her part in helping the world with it's problems...then what would happen to all the innocent Pokemon of the world? Could she live with herself if she refused and the world was left in ruin? Could she really just leave it up to other people to help not only other people and Pokemon, but herself?

"I will also join," Hailey said, looking back at Steven. "I'll do all I can to help."

"Toge!" Destiny called out happily.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    The nonchalant demeanour exhibited by the female had not vanished since boarding the helicopter back in Rustboro City, her exposed mouth unmoving as she surveyed each of those present- some faces matching with records implanted within her mind, others requiring the creation of new ones. The others present seemed to dwarf the blonde haired woman garbed in her military-esque clothing, towering above her vertically challenged stature and exuding something that Peri could not quite process at that particular moment of time, what with the unexpected change in her circumstances.

Typically when she was called to the head office, it was to discuss the progress of whatever aspect of her project that she was working on; and typically, Devon Corp.'s president was absent, therefore they would communicate via a sub-ordinate or a video link. Thus, she had not been anticipating the news that had been delivered to her. At first, she had pondered as to whether or not this was related to facing a transfer or unemployment (for his first words had been somewhat reminiscent of the process Peri knew as 'softening a blow'), but the prospect of being invited to join a team of people like her was utterly unexpected. Due to the level of respect she had for both the President and his son, the peculiar woman had obliged, and boarded the helicopter bound for the aerial base of SHIELD.

Completing her data collection of the new faces, Peri allowed herself to tune into the words spoken by her employer's son, and the interjections made by an attractive woman somewhat older than her. The busty red haired woman beside President Stone's son also spoke- Peri's expression remained seemingly apathetic when she mentioned Team Rocket, despite the meaning the name held for her.

In one aspect, they were her creators. In another, they were criminals- Silph Co. had informed her of that, and she had actually sought out records pertaining to their past crimes and 'uploaded' them to her knowledge bank.

"Hmm," she pursed her lips together, before inaudibly clearing her throat and speaking, words spewing with fluidity from her mouth, despite the formal, polite tone she used. "I have no qualms with what you propose. I was designed to be a weapon after all, and I believe it would bring me great joy to serve one whose father has been very kind to me, rather than one who would only utilise my abilities to bring about chaos and ruin. Therefore, you may 'count me in', which I believe is what one would say when expressing their desire to join in with a group or activity?" A faint smile surfaced, as she curtly nodded her messy head. "I hope to 'do my very best'! Damn straight!" The artificial human cheered suddenly, punching the air and causing her sleeve to ride up her arm and reveal a vibrant orange sweatband before sobering completely.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    "Come on Charizard! Do you want Garchomp to get leagues ahead of you?!" Malic hollered as his legion of Dragons battled each other to increase their own strength. The battles were controlled with the combatants restraining themselves from using their full power, as to not damage themselves or the environment. Malic was aware that the caves could collapse on them at any moment if his Pokemon lost control even for a moment. After all, he already blocked off several tunnels by mistake. After watching his Pokemon nearly tear each other part in a figurative manner of speaking, Malic sighed deeply. At this rate, I'll never be able to match the levels of the League Champions. It has been a few years since I actually took a challenge, perhaps I could challenge the Hoenn League now and I am more than confident I will tear these rookies apart, Malic thought to himself as he wondered about his next move. For the past 6 years, Malic has remained in the northern regions in order to train himself and his Pokemon for the coming days of his next League appearance. Despite never actually defeating the Elite Four, Malic has become one of the few to actually come close quickly establishing himself as Elite Four level trainer. His sharp mind and deadly skill has achieved international fame while his childish charm made him a celebrity. However, his own pride has forced him into selcusion only allowing him a few days rest in the nearby cities mostly to gather supplies and maintain a certain level of social talent. After all, he didn't want to end up becoming a grouchy hermit and lose his charms. If that happened, the man would never get married, have kids and contribute to the Ragel Clan's lineage and soon to be legendary status.

"Alright guys and gals! That is a wrap for training. Rest well and we are moving out. Time for the Pokemon Lea-"

"Malic Ragel" A voice called, which was unexpected to the max. Malic rarely recieved visitors mostly because few people knew where he was hiding out for the past 6 years. However, the voice sounded more than familiar.
    "I've heard a lot about you. Everyone back home in Blackthorne is eager to hear from you and learn of your progress. In fact, you've got quite a following." The voice's identity was becoming more and more apparent. He is from Blackthorn eh? Who is from Blackthorn but never directly met me? This is a toughie. Malic turned to face the voice and released a verbal yelp of surprise. It was none other than Lance, the Dragon Master.

"I probably don't have to introduce myself; you know who I am: former Elite Four Master and current Kanto-Johto League Champion. Yadda, yadda. I'm here on behalf of Steven Stone, the Director of SHIELD. He's become aware of your considerable talents and asked me to extend an invitation to meet on the SHIELD helicarrier, their mobile fortress. He has a job opportunity for you. There's a helicopter waiting outside. What'dya say we pay him a visit." Lance grasped a Pokeball from seemingly out of nowhere releasing his famed Dragonite, a dragon Malic refused to have as it was already a fellow master's signature Pokemon. "And to make this really worth your while...I'll race you to the chopper."

"I'll give you this Lance, Mr. Steven Stone knows how to persuade a guy. He sends a fellow Dragon trainer from Blackthorn who probably happens to be the only trainer left that would be a challenge from me to recruit; he does enough research to found my exact location; and he knows that I am just about poor and need a job. Also, I always wanted to face your Dragonite in some kind of contest, so a race will have to do. So, you got me. I'm in. I am too curious about this Steven guy and if you are involved, it will be worth the trouble. Come Salamence!" Malic called over his nearly giant Salamence which stood a foot taller than a regular Salamence and carried himself on-top of his back in preparation to fly.

Before long, Malic was on board a Helicarrier with the director of SHIELD staring into his soul hoping to recruit Malic and a few others into an Anti-terrorist operation. Several people immediately volunteered, many of them young and clearly lacking in skills.

"Alright, Steven. I'll join your squad here. I think these guys need a more experienced individual like myself to lead them."

Years
    The Military helicopter came as no surprise to the twins, mainly due to the fact that you could hear it from a mile away, but what did come as a surprise was the fact that the person that emerged from the helicopter was none other than Koga of the elite four. His purple garbs were not unrecognised by the twins and it seemed the surrounding crowd were no strangers to it either due to the fact their jaws dropped immediately. Keani was the first to react. She stood from her place on the hot sand and raised an eyebrow at the new arrival who seemed intent on greeting the twins.

"Greetings, I am Koga Fujikawa of the Kanto-Johto Elite Four," he introduced himself. "I come at the behest of Steven Stone, Director of SHIELD and former Champion of the Hoenn League. He has a proposition of sorts for you two, one that involves the use of your considerable...talents. He asks nothing more than for you to meet with him and hear him out. Should you choose not to accept his invitation, you will be free to return here at once." Koga motioned to the helicopter. "The choice is yours."

"I know who you are and I'm not sure what Stone wants with us but we're not interested in using our 'Talents', in fact we're trying to put it all behind us, the last thing we want is to go showing 'em off."
    She was cut short by a hand on her shoulder and she need not turn to know that it was Keahi who had placed it there. Suddenly a voice entered her mind. "He did say it was our choice, Keani. We go, see what the deal is and then decide from there, yeah?"

Keani's features softened a little and she nodded in reply to the psychic message. "Okay then, Koga. We accept" She walked passed the purple clad man and gave him a clap on the shoulder. "Let's make a move then, eh?"
    Keahi shook his head, following his sisters path towards the helicopter. He stopped momentarily to give Koga an apologetic look. "You have to understand that were not really used to interacting with people." He then continued his walk to the helicopter.

--------------------

They arrived at the headquarters in no time. The twins had kept quite the whole way, having psychic conversations with one another along the way. Koga was not someone that appealed to them much and conversation wasn't their strong point. So when the Helicopter hit the ground the twins immediately disembarked and followed Koga to meet the rest of the team and the leader of the operation.

They entered to an unexpected sight.

The people standing around looked normal. None of them looked as though they had been tampered with or that they were anything special. Keani's eyebrow rose yet again and Keahi simply stared in wonderment at the man he knew to be Steven Stone. "So" He said, moving closer to the group. "Does anyone care to explain why we are here?

And so it was explained, the twins listened intently, not in the least pleased they had been called there to do the man's dirty work. Keani as always was the first to express her opinion. "You have got to be kidding me." She whispered, closing in on the man, flaying her arms. "So let me get this straight, you couldn't handle these dudes, so you've called us in, to finish the job." She frowned and gave a small chuckle. "You…you do realise that we were living perfectly normal lives, right? Y'know free of the whole…scientific experiment thing and then you…hah hah, you guy's." She wagged a finger at the leaders. "You guy's just expect us to use our abnormalities? That is, I'm assuming these guy's have abnormalities. They look pretty normal to me."

"Keani, I wish to help them."

The female twin flung around immediately and stared at her twin in disbelief. "You have gotta be kidding me. Bro we had a good life on that there beach!"
    "Yes, but if what they say is true then I wish to help them. I can't sit back knowing that this is going on and I could have done something to help."
    Keahi nodded his head in the direction of the leaders to show his agreement towards the cause and then looked at his sister hopefully, knowing full well that if he was doing it, she would have no choice.
    "Fine." She muttered. "I'm in too."

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    Steven nodded, happy with the answers and he led the recruits from the flight deck and into the helicarrier. The engines whirled as the helicarrier turned and moved through the air, changing course to head back towards the SHIELD main base located in the ocean to the northwest of the Johto region.

"Sir, we've got a bogey on-screen," said one of the flight techs on the main bridge. "Incoming at over 500 mph! Sir?!"

"Relax," said Steven. "It's only Nova."

"Designation: Nova, do you copy?" asked the tech, broadcasting over SHIELD's encrypted frequency. "I repeat, designation: Nova, do you copy?"

"This is Nova," a voice cracked over the communicators. "I'm coming in."

"Negative, Nova," Steven cut it. "We're in transport lockdown. We're returning to the Triskelion anyway."

"Roger that," said Nova as he drifted to fly alongside the main bridge. He gave Steven a nod. "I'll be waiting for you there." With that, Nova seemed to ignite. The air burned in his wake and he rocketed through the sky and out of sight.

"So who was that?" Vicki asked cautiously. She was slightly unnerved by the sight of a man flying through the sky unaided. She needed her armor to fly, and even then she couldn't move as fast as that. He flew with such explosive power...even his body movements and his stance conveyed pure power waiting to erupt.

"Phoenix Delacroix," Steven answered. "We call him Nova. He's been our ultimate option for a while. His overwhelming success in dealing with criminal organizations was what inspired the Ultimates Initiative."

"So what, you give him rocket jets or something?" she asked jokingly.

"Yeah, something like that," Lorelei answered with a smile.

"Supersonic flight speed, immeasurable strength, and a host of other powers," Steven added.

"So why do you even need us?" Vicki wondered.

"Because Nova can't be everywhere at once," Steven answered. "And he isn't invincible. We need a team. We need a variety of people and skills to accomplish what we've set out to do."

Below the helicarrier, the Triskelion came into view. The massive structure was situated on an island in the middle of the ocean. The three-legged structure jutted high into the sky. The helicarrier lowered and touched down in the ocean, docking next to the Triskelion. Once the helicarrier was fully docked, the crew moved out. Steven led the recruits into the Triskelion.

"You'll be living here, on this island," Steven explained. "SHIELD agents and personnel have living quarters on the north wing. Our operations are overseen from the Triskelion. We've got hundreds of agents and operatives that coordinate our operations. SHIELD technicians are on call 24-7 monitoring situations around the world."

"So how 'bout we get you all settled in," said Lorelei. "If you guys have anything you need from your homes, we can send for them in the morning."

"I'm needed in the operations room," said Steven. "We've got an intelligence report from Eterna City. I'll contact you if something turns up."

=====

"So," began one of the shadowed figures in the room. "It seems everything is in place for tonight. We'll soon have the Adamant Orb in our possession."

"We're that much closer to our goals," another figure said. "With the Red and Blue Orbs, the Rainbow and Silver Wings, and the ancient scrolls, we've moved that much closer to achieving our goals."

"All that we have left are the Lustrous and Griseous Orbs," said a third figure. "Then the initial stages will be complete and we can truly begin."

"Now we must concern ourselves with how we are to obtain the Adamant Orb," said the fourth. "I've received rumors of Steven Stone's Ultimates Initiative: it's been given the go-ahead. This will seriously hinder our objectives if he manages to put a team together."

"Then we have to work quickly," said the first again. "Regardless of whether Stone has put his Ultimates together, SHIELD still has Nova, so we're going to need a...distraction of some sort while our operatives take the Adamant Orb."

"I'll send for Vandal Savage," said the second. "He should be able to distract Nova long enough for our team to retrieve the Adamant Orb."

"Good," said the third. "Get the team together. They leave when Mr. Savage engages Nova."

=====

A single figure, garbed in black stood before six others. The figure was the man named Vandal Savage, a powerful and deadly superhuman. The others were the operatives tasked with retrieving the Adamant Orb.

"White Raven, Rhino, Red Talon, Shinobi, Death Adder, and Black Wraith," Mr. Savage began. "You all know your objective: retrieve the Adamant Orb by any means necessary. That's all the boss requires from the museum. Anything else you see is yours for the taking."

"What about you, Mr. Savage?" Rhino asked.

"I'm supposed to hit a bank in Rustboro City," Mr. Savage answered. "Now. Let's get to work."

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Hailey actually cried out in surprise when 'Nova' appeared in the window beside helicarrier. When she had heard him on the radio, she had assumed that he was in another helicopter or some other flying machine. Not...well...actually flying on his own! And moving even faster then the helicarrier! Hailey had to once again question herself. What was S.H.I.E.L.D? And who, exactly, do they need to for this Ultimates Initiative?

The trainer looked to the people gathered. Like what the dark skinned girl said, who's name she believed was Keani, said; no one looked all that abnormal. Sure, that small girl talked kind of weird but that's probably just what she's like. Heck, she knew that she herself had absolutly no powers. Again, Hailey wondered why she was even there.

But that thought was erased from her mind as she took in the Trsikelion. Again Hailey was shocked by the sheer size of the island. They were going to live here from now on? She didn't excatly hate the idea...but what about all of her plans?

"Oh just forget it Hailey," the woman once again whispered to herself as the carrier landed on the island. "You agreed to this, you might as well live with it..."

Hailey followed everyone else as they walked out of the carrier, Destiny right on her shoulder. She looked to Lorelei when she mentioned about getting things from their home.

"Well...I wouldn't mind getting my books and notes," Hailey said. "Not to mention that someone has to contact Prof. Roawn about my not being on top of Mt. Cornet anymore. I'm sure he'll get worried soon enough..." She shook her head. "In any case, do you mind showing us what rooms we have and what not?"

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    "Haha," Peri chuckled lightly in response to the cry emitted by Hailey, the girl's attention also focused upon the new arrival, though her intentions were to construct a new memory file for him rather than sate her curiosity. "Interesting, very interesting. Nova is indeed much easier on the tongue than Phoenix Delacroix, much easier for the average mind to remember." She spoke rapidly yet softly, bringing a hand up to where her visor shielded her face and seemingly twiddled something between an index finger and thumb. "As to be expected, his readings confirm my initial thought. It would be odd to name him 'Nova' otherwise, just as it would be odd to dub me Peri if I weren't an experiment. Nevertheless," she shrugged, taking the opportunity to scan the others (a simple task accomplished by glancing at each of them in turn, nothing that seemed out of the ordinary in their circumstances) and add the extra data to their records. Two of the others present possessed several Pokemon, including the girl who had been surprised to witness 'Nova's' entrance- using her knowledge of these facts, she concluded that not everyone who had been summoned to this place was an experiment.

Upon witnessing the sight that was the Triskelion, she had to suppress the ecstasy bubbling within her and thus opted to silently marvel at the architecture. Perhaps it was the shape of the structure, reminiscent of a tripod, that enthralled her- granted, it was completely different from any of the buildings in Rustboro and Saffron. She then pondered the likelihood of her assigned room also being somewhat triangular in shape, before discarding the notion and hearkening to the words spoken by Steven Stone and Lorelei- not to mention the request made by Hailey.

"So long as I have a computer, I can function," she declared bluntly. "Any one will do; I don't necessarily require the one that I used back in Rustboro. The data is all up here," she tapped her unruly-maned skull with a finger, pursing her lips. "I just need access to the internet, Ma'am, though I assume that SHIELD already knows this and has stationed a computer in my living quarters... There is the matter of my collection of wristbands, but I am capable of retrieving them myself or having them delivered by mail."

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Malic was content relaxing on the helicarrier, until he showed up. Enjoying the view of the world from the carrier, a sudden supersonic bogey flew by faster than anything he has seen before. "What the-?" he verbally said out of shock. After some questioning, Steven revealed that the supersonic thing was in fact someone, not something. This someone did in fact have a name, suggesting he was at least part human. And apparently this someone was gifted with superpowers, including flight, speed, strength. Seems like I am not really needed after all. This Phoenix Delacroix, or Nova, can do anything he wants. I don't care what Steven says./I] Malic released a small chuckle, and decided to wait patiently for the helicarrier to land. In the distance, a giant tripod-like structure appeared in the distance on a small island. The structure was dubbed the Triskelion, which was an impressive structure to say the least. What surprised Malic even more was the simple fact that he would be living there during his time in SHIELD. The place was an upgrade to say the least from his small little cave that he called "home" for nearly a decade. Sleeping in a bed for once would be nice and the possibility of some sort of entertainment within his home would be a generous bonus.

"So how 'bout we get you all settled in," said Lorelei. "If you guys have anything you need from your homes, we can send for them in the morning."

"I got something Lorelei that I would like: the reason why I am here. After all, you got some guy who is basically Superman and knowing my luck, everyone else here has some fancy voodoo power. In other words, why have a human when you can have a super powerful team of magic induced freaks?" he paused. "Other than that, I'll take a computer, a TV, a Xbox 360 with Halo 3 and internet service for both."

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009

What a laugh, the boy thought. Oh, be sure to grab my rock coffee table. Or my straw bedspread. The strange island-like city was certainly a new scene, compared to the rocky cave and barren dust path that served as the nearest eye candy to his previous residence. Around him, the other people who had been "recruited" were searching around, looking and generally making an annoyance of themselves. The boy, still sitting in the same position he had been in for what seemed like hours, reached for his trusted Poké Ball and released his Alakazam.

"...master, we are not in the cave, are we?", it beckoned telepathically.

"Astute observation, Alakazam. Apparently we are on an island in the middle of the ocean", the boy replied.

"Judging from your brainwaves, you are anxious, are you not?"

"Of course; I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous. Take a boy out of his comfort zone and expect nothing less, I'd say; not to mention I'll have to tone down the inner criminal, if you know what I mean."

"Sigh."

"Well, I just wanted you to be accustomed to our temporary living situation. You'll be the first person I talk to when something happens, and probably the only one. I'll have to get used to actually speaking again. Pity." The boy's Poké Ball then absorbed the Alakazam, and the boy went off in search of a couch to doze off on.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Hailey looked over at Malic, surprised at what he said. From his little speech, it sounded like he doesn't have any kind of power either. Maybe she wasn't alone in being the only non-super human member of the team. That heartened her a bit, and made her once again face the question that had crossed her mind since she first got on the helicopter. Taking a deep breath, Hailey walked over to stand by Malic, Destiny right beside her and looking at her with a confused look.

"Actually, I stand with him on this issue," Hailey said to the member of the Kanto Elite Four. "I would also like to know why we, common humans with no supernatrual powers of any kind, were asked to join this group. Though I would not call them 'freaks'," here the female trainer glared at the male trainer, "wouldn't it be better if you had more people like that 'Nova' character? I'm flattered that you asked, but really...what great need do you have of us when you might have people with half of Nova's powers? Heck, I'm not even all that good with Pokemon..."

"Togekiss!" Destiny protested and rammed itself into Hailey's chest, causing her gasp and grab onto the Jubliee Pokemon. She then started to nuzzle her trainer and lick her face.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    "Actually," Peri frowned, her visor settling upon the man who had spoken out about being a regular human. "There is nothing encrypted within my programming that pertains to the art of Voodoo. Neither is there any magic, merely a series of codes that instruct my DNA to perform various things that most are incapable of. I am not a 'freak'. I am not disfigured. I am knowledgeable of what is acceptible in the unwritten rules of society, and I do not have excess hair on my body." She nodded her head, satisfied with her defense skills and adding 'judgemental' to the file that her mind had created specifically for Malic. The female trainer spoke next, also questioning their purpose. Peri too, was somewhat curious as to why two 'regular' humans had been summoned by SHIELD, but found no reason to question Steven Stone's actions.

"Whatever it is that inspired them to recruit you, it does not change the fact that you have been recruited, I guess," Peri accompanied her statement with a less than formal shrug. "Therefore, it is imperative that we get to know eachother- team work is beneficial in a situation such as this. My name is Peri Treyes, what is yours?" She held out one hand for Hailey to shake, waiting patiently for the girl to finish receiving her Togekiss' affections. Grinning mischieviously, she allowed for her other arm to detach itself from her body and lackadaisically hover over to where Malic stood, offering to engage in a handshake as its counterpart was with Hailey- but in mid-air.

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    "Honestly," said Steven with a sheepish smile. "I had to put trainers on the team. I'm a trainer at heart myself, so I couldn't see putting something like this together and not including trainers. Second, powers can be taken away. SHIELD scientists have developed technology that temporarily neutralizes powers of experimental beings, and if we can do it, you can bet that our enemies won't be too far behind. If that time comes, a trainer won't have to worry and we can still get things done. Trainers bring flexibility: we have the ability and means to adapt to different situations and face a huge variety of challenges. What if there's something that can't be harmed in a physical sense? Nova's no good there. He can glare at it till he's blue in the face, but it won't do him any good.

"Having trainers also brings a little respectability to the team," he added. "As Mr. Ragel has demonstrated, the public doesn't always trust powered individuals. They fear what they do not understand. Having trainers gives people a sense of comfort, it shows them that we're all on the same side."

"You're all here because of the abilities and traits that you possess," Lorelei explained. "Vicki is a skilled close-combat fighter and martial artist; Psyke, you're telekinesis and psychic powers are astounding; Peri's cyberkinetic powers; Keani and Keahi's duality and elemental power; Malic is a master class dragon trainer, something that isn't easy to accomplish; and Hailey is a very skilled trainer with a wealth of knowledge on the mythology of our world that will come in very handy, especially with the way things are looking."

"You all have your place here," said Steven. "You might not be able to take an artillery round to the forehead or throw buses, but you've got other talents. And when it comes down to it, we'll need it all. Believe me, if you didn't belong here, we wouldn't have come to get you..."

=====

After the recruits had settled in and found their rooms, Lorelei brought them to the command tower of the Triskelion. The room was large and circular, multiple tier levels circled around the room, equipped with high tech monitoring systems and computers, though the rest of room remained opened. Steven was there waiting for them. He seemed to stand out, even among the rest of SHIELD's agents. He stood at the center of the room and possessed an incredible air of authority, commanding with tremendous presence. He turned and acknowledged Lorelei with a nod.

"Ah, my Ultimates have arrived," he said warmly. "Welcome to the command tower. This is where all the brains of our operation gather to work things out that don't involve busting things apart," he told them. "No offense, Nova," he added quickly with a laugh, though Nova was standing on the top tier of the command tower.

"Can he hear you all the way up there?" Vicki asked.

"Not sure," Steven answered honestly. "We know he's got enhanced senses, but I'm never quite sure if or when he's using them. I'd just rather not piss the guy off, you know?" He suddenly got an idea. "Let's introduce you to the rest of your support team." He led the Ultimates towards one side of the room.

At the center of the room was a giant computer structure, the center of which was closed in with a large, opaque glass dome. Within the dome was a figure, connected to the huge computer through various cables and wires. His eyes were closed even as schematics and diagnostics flashed across the display screens within the dome.

"This is Cyber Spectre," said Steven. "He's our technopath, augmented by stem cells from Rotom, Metagross, and the Porygon line. He's the literal 'ghost in the machine.' Through this machine, he's connected to nearly every other computer on the planet. He can read and analyze data and cyber-messages with super-computer level proficiency. He's a lot like you, Peri. But he's probably got a higher...'processing speed' and isn't as useful in the field."

Steven then led the Ultimates through a door into a room. It was carpeted and painted red and had a shrine at the opposite end. Candles lined the room and were bunched up on the floor in beautiful designs. Seated on the shrine was a thin man with platinum-blonde hair and copper skin. His eyes were closed, and he was deep in meditation.

"This is A.D.A.M.," said Steven. "That stands for Alakazam, Dusknoir, Absol, and Medicham: the four Pokemon Team Rocket used when experiment on him. You can just call him 'Adam,' that's what the rest of us do. He's a psychic with incredible precognitive senses. Between him and Cyber, we can intercept and respond to almost any threat that comes along."

"Giving the newbies the grand tour, Commander Stone?" asked a woman. A beautiful blonde waltzed into the red room. "Glad to see I'm gonna have some more support on these big missions. Nova isn't much of a talker."

"This is Eve," Steven introduced. "She's our resident elemental. She has the elemental power of the seven Eevee evolutions. Eve's been working with Nova for the past few months, but she's gotten an offer to work as a security consultant for the Silph Corporation. She's agreed to stay on until the team starts up."

"Happy to help," Eve said with a smile. "I'd love to help whip you all into shape."

Adam's eyes suddenly snapped open. They glowed a bright gold. "Commander Stone, something's going to happen. But I can't see where...something is blocking my vision."

"Sir," it was Lorelei. "Cyber picked something up. Security alarm out of Rustboro City at a bank. The security camera caught an image before it was destroyed. Initial analysis suggests Vandal Savage's involvement."

"Savage? ****," Steven spat. He and the rest of the Ultimates recruits left Adam's sanctuary and returned to the main part of the command tower. "Nova!" he shouted. The super-man caught Steven's glance. "Rustboro City. Now."

Nova took off without another word. He flew out through the specially placed opening in the ceiling (placed just for his use) and disappeared into the sky.

"Should we be concerned?" Vicki asked.

"Nah," said Eve dismissively. "Savage is tough, but Nova can handle himself."

"I concur," said Steven, turning to the recruits. "So, do you have any questions? I'll let you get settled in tonight and then we'll start up tomorrow."

"What do you mean, 'start up?'" Vicki asked.

"We'll need to get you familiar with all our workings," said Steven. "We'll get you up to speed on procedure, operations, and protocol; get you fitted with some protective gear, give you a crash course on basic SHIELD agent techniques, lingo, and training."

"Sounds like fun," Vicki deadpanned.

"We can't exactly just send you out without any training," said Lorelei. "You'd be just stumbling all over yourselves. You need training...coordination."

"But enough about that," said Steven. "We'll get to that tomorrow. For now, you all just need to get some rest. You can grab some food in the mess hall."

"Sir!" it was Adam. He raced out of his sanctuary. "There's something else; something big. Eterna City Museum."

"Cyber, can you confirm?" Steven inquired. The massive computer surrounding the technopath worked in overtime. Diagnostics flashed across the iridescent dome.

"Tapping into the Eterna City Museum's security system," said Cyber. "I'm in their security cameras. Looks like six individuals. They match SHIELD descriptions of the criminals White Raven, Rhino, Red Talon, Death Adder, Black Wraith, and Shinobi."

"Shinobi," Steven mused. "She's a dark-type avatar. That's why Adam couldn't sense them. Crap. That's a lot of bad guys."

"I can't handle them all on my own," said Eve. "I'm good, but not that good."

There was a flash of light that attracted the attention of the group. Vicki stood, clad in her shining red armor with her swords sheathed at her back. Her Umbreon stood at her side at attention, ready to move out.

"I'm in, Eve" said Vicki. "Can't let you do this on your own. You can call me the Scarlet Sword." She turned to the rest of the recruits. "So how about it? You guys in?"

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    "Hai-Hailey Hear-Heartgold," Hailey gasped between her Togekiss' affection, before finally pushing her away and taking the other girl's hand. "Nice to meet you. Also, I guess your right. I mean, I am here and everything and, if I really wanted to, I could leave. But...there's nothing like a question and the answer to that question hanging just in front of your face." The female trainer smiled to herself, remembering a memory.

Hailey then listened intently as Steven explained just why he recruited her and Malic. She had to admit, it did make sense. After all, she herself would be quite scared of these people if she just had to face them herself. No to mention threatened by their power. It would always be at the back of her mind that these people could very easily go against humanity and it would be very hard to stop them. Heck, even now there was that primal instinct to not trust anything that is different from what she knows and is used to. Hailey hated feeling that way and would deffinately make sure that it didn't effect how she treated the other members of the team.

Then Lorelei explained about each of their abilities, and Hailey blushed when the woman talked about her knowing a lot about myth and how it would be helpful. The female trainer could only hope that that was true. Though now, she felt a need to live up to that expectation and prove herself to the other members.

-/-/-

When Hailey and the other Ultimates met up with Steven and he took them on a tour of the Triskelion head quarters, she was amazed at the other people they had recruited. She looked at Cyber Spectre and Adam with wide eyes, amazed that they actually had the DNA of a few Pokemon in them. Hailey would had loved to study and learn how this was done and how it effected the person whom it was given to. This intensified when Eve appeared and Steven explained that she could use the seven Eevee elemental powers. Eevee had always been Hailey's favorite Pokemon, and the one she studied the most in order to see if perhaps the cute little fox could help slove the myestery of evolution. Hailey really wanted to talk to the woman...though she didn't know if she felt comfortable walking up to her.

All the while Destiny floated from one end of the room to the other, looking more closely at one thing or another. She also looked intently at Adam and Cyber Spectre, though she made sure not to get too close or to distrub them. The Jubliee Pokemon was by Adam when he snapped his eyes open, causing Destiny to give a small startled cry and race back to her trainer, cowering behind her back.

"That's why you shouldn't just go exploring all by yourself," Hailey said with a tired sigh, then watched as Nova shot off. "That's going to take a little bit for me to get used to."

The female trainer then lisened intently as Steven explained the things that they would be taught and what they would learn. Hailey did agree with Lorelei that they should be cordinated and know the ins and out of this place...but it seemed like a lot to learn. Then Adam and Cyper Spectre said that there were more problems. Hailey frowned as she heared the ghost boy list off the unfimilar names. She had no idea who these people were but, just from their names, they didn't sound good. Then Eve asked for help and the one girl, who's name was Scarlet Sword apparently, summoned red armour and agreed to help the Eevee woman. Hailey thought about the matter for a moment or two before she also stepped forward.

"I'll also help," Hailey said, straighting her glasses out. "If people are needed to stop these guys, then I don't just want to sit back and let other people do the work."

Years
    After they had settled in they were taken to the command tower of the triskelion, a circular room where Steven seemed to stand out amongst the other S.H.E.I.L.D operatives. He stood at the centre of the room and greeted them with a smile as they arrived. Keani raised an eyebrow in question as Steven introduced them to a machine. It seemed the Cyber Spectre was a ghost inside of a machine, which Keani thought to be quite eerie, she was about to air her views on the odd creature but was stopped by a firm hand on her shoulder yet again. She rolled her eyes and shook the hand off, turning to her twin with an angry look on her face. "Stop doing that, I can air my views if I want to." She said aloud, completely ignoring the fact that she could have easily used the telepathic link between them.
    Keahi shook his head and smirked wickedly. "Whenever you air your views you get into trouble." He flicked a stray strand of hair out of his face and regarded her with an amused look. "You are NOT the strongest person here, Sis."
    Keani growled before folding her arms with a huff and turning back to the ghostly computer. "It's still weird though." She muttered, hearing an aggravated sigh from her brother.

Keahi did however agree with his sisters thoughts on this one, true the fact that the twins had been linked through the DNA of an Alakazam was a bit freaky, but this was a whole other level of weirdness.
    Moving on they were introduced to another odd being by the name of A.D.A.M, though this particular character did not phase the twins as much as the ghost in the computer, he still had his own air of weirdness about him. The Platinum blonde hair on copper skin was a bit of an odd combination to Keahi but Keani thought it quite easy on the eyes. "He's like some sort of weird angel." Keani stated through their telepathic link. "The Blonde hair is kinda hypnotizing."
    Keahi snorted. "I just think the contrast is off putting. I don't know whether to concentrate on Platinum hair or the copper skin."
    "Pfft, you stopped me from airing my views on the ghost computer but your not okay with this? You're a bit weird, y'know that bro."
    "We're speaking through a telepathic link and your saying I'm the only one that's weird?"
    Keani just shrugged, to interested on the newcomer.

Upon entering the room, the blonde just looked like your typical ditz to the twins but when she spoke, they couldn't help but tilt their heads in wonderment. She was quite the classy woman it seemed and an elemental at that. In short she could surly kick some ass and the twins respected that.

Suddenly the copper boy's eyes sprang open and the twins had to hold back a yelp as they moved away from the dazzling eyes. It seemed something was amiss. Without another word Nova sprang into action and exited through the roof. The twins regarded Steven with shocked looks as if expecting from him to send them out also. It was the girl Vicky who voiced they're question for them and shockingly it was Eve who answered. "Nah," she said dismissively. "Savage is tough, but Nova can handle himself."
    The twins let out a breath they didn't know they had been holding in. Keani laughed nervously. "Hah hah, for a minute there I thought you were sending us out already."

But as if by some twisted turn of fate, Adam once again announced another happening and both Twin's hearts skipped a beat. It seemed that Eterna was in some sort of trouble. Steve and Eve were immediately on high alert and a few curse words were even exchanged. Keani's emerald eyes widened as she sprang between them wanting to know more about what was going on. "Wait, wait….whats going on? Why's that Adam dude so worked up?"

"Shinobi," Steven mused. "She's a dark-type avatar. That's why Adam couldn't sense them. Crap. That's a lot of bad guys."

"Shinobi? What? Hold on a second, bad guy's?" Keani's words went unheard as Eve turned to them and requested they're help on the battlefield. One of the Ultimates stepped up to the challenge immediately and Keani turned unbelieving eyes on her. "You can't be serious? We've only just got hear and were gonna be fighting those monsters?"
    Keahi stepped forward and regarded Eve with a look of complete respect. "I'm in." He said simply, nodding his head in agreement. "Keani?"
    She groaned and nodded. "Well, we do work better together I guess."

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    As Malic awaited the response to his hopefully understandable question, a disembodied arm floated towards him. "What the f-" Malic looked around in the immediate area for...well the someone the arm belonged to. "Is anyone missing an arm?" he asked out aloud, knowing full well that he was probably going crazy this point in time. Giving up his search, he sighed, closing his eyes in depression grasping his face before brushing aside his hair. Slowly he opened his eyes allowing a small amount of light to meet his bright blue pools of vision, and he noticed a small girl, who ironically was missing an arm. You've got to be kidding...., he thought. I must be dreaming. There is no such thing as flying people. No can remove their limbs and make them float. This is just a real trippy dream. Malic allowed for a deep breath to occur before pinching himself...hard. After nearly removing a piece of skin from his arm, he yelped before looking around. Stuck on an island? Check. Surrounded by strangers? Check. Floating arm? Check. Girl without arm? Check.

The girl began to speak in response to Malic's earlier statement about freaks, magic and voodoo: "There is nothing encrypted within my programming that pertains to the art of Voodoo. Neither is there any magic, merely a series of codes that instruct my DNA to perform various things that most are incapable of. I am not a 'freak'. I am not disfigured. I am knowledgeable of what is acceptible in the unwritten rules of society, and I do not have excess hair on my body." Malic stared in amazement. It wasn't her words, though they were pretty shocking in the own way. In retrospect, Malic was probably a bit harsh on the people around him, but knowing the steroids they took, they could handle a little bit of emotional abuse. It was her tone and style of talking. She didn't sound human....at all. Her voice was more robotic, forced and cold. At least that was the impression he was getting. "Whatever it is that inspired them to recruit you, it does not change the fact that you have been recruited, I guess," she began with the same cold tone. "Therefore, it is imperative that we get to know eachother- team work is beneficial in a situation such as this. My name is Peri Treyes, what is yours?"

Before Malic was capable of comprehending the question, Steven and Lorelei offered their own two cents on Malic's question. Steven was blunt and truthful. They needed trainers to balance out the supermen. People would get scared, as Malic illustrated. The other advantage about trainers was adaptability and flexibility. They could fight anything as they had no real weaknesses, unlike the super power induced army whose powers could be removed by potent technology. It was nice to know that we were not godly as that amount of power should never be held by anyone. Lorelei was more appeasing and slightly more informative. She granted a quick run down of the powers, abilities and skills of everyone on SHIELD. Malic didn't absorb everything but he learned that just about everyone had their own share of qualities to bring to the table.

"So basically you need me to be backup in case God over there ends up biting the dust or something along those lines? I guess I can live being your second line of defense, as long as my room gets fully furnished," Malic chuckled as he slowly turned to the flying arm and its owner. "My name's.....Malic. So you are the cybernetic lady eh? Are you like part-porygon or something?"

*****Later within the structure*****

Apparently Steven thought it would be a good idea for the newest members of SHIELD to meet their support team. Malic thought it was a good idea to nap, so you can imagine how it felt about the whole ordeal. Yawing throughout the entire session, Malic only picked up on a few details: There was another cybernetic freak named Cyber Spectre who was basically a computer wiz. Useful, since Malic sucks at thinking and using technology for anything but social networking, web surfing and entertainment. The next was A.D.A.M who was apparently an individual fused with several Pokemon. He is powerful psychic so in Malic's little head he was basically the man Malic didn't have to worry about since, Malic rarely used mind and if he did, the thoughts would be so jumbled it would many sense. Therefore A.D.A.M would probably have a super power induced stroke and die. The next individual was someone that Malic actually woke up for and took notes. She was blonde, attractive, and an elemental by nature having been experimented with, absorbing the abilities of the Eevee line of evolutions. Malic simply stared at her, unable to create a coherent sentence or at least once sensible enough to say.

However, then tragedy struck. According to reports, the Rustboro Bank was being attacked by a name dubbed Savage. Before Malic could volunteer to go and attack (as he has friends in Rustboro) the super man Nova was sent. "Figures. God goes and steals the everyman's thunder. I hate not having super powers. Sometimes I wish I was experimented on at least after meeting you people. Or maybe be born with powers. That would work too." Malic sighed, scratching his head in a casual manner. After Steven attempted to dismiss the team, another attack from Eterna was reported. This time Eve volunteered to jump in and save the day, but demanded assistance. An opportunity to hang out with a hot girl? Malic's in.

"I'll come with. Every team needs a sidekick to issue out the corny one-liners. Name's Malic. I don't have a fancy codename. Anyone got a good one for me?"

Last edited:

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Psyke, having found a comfortable armchair to suit his needs of rest, was dozing off when he heard the obnoxious voice of the former Elite Four member call for all members to follow her to the "command center". Something right out of a science fiction novel. Once the boy entered the room, the environment dawned on him: It was by far the most technologically advanced system he had ever seen. He stared in utter amazement at all the gadgets around this room, and all the weird sounds that came with it. Soon, the boy focused his attention on the most authoritative character in the room, Steven Stone.

"Ah, my Ultimates have arrived," he said warmly. "Welcome to the command tower. This is where all the brains of our operation gather to work things out that don't involve busting things apart," he told them. "No offense, Nova," he added quickly with a laugh, though Nova was standing on the top tier of the command tower.

Psyke found the attempt at humor unfunny, and just preferred to get the facts straight.

"Not sure," Steven answered honestly. "We know he's got enhanced senses, but I'm never quite sure if or when he's using them. I'd just rather not piss the guy off, you know?" He suddenly got an idea. "Let's introduce you to the rest of your support team." He led the Ultimates towards one side of the room.

In the center of the room, a large class container held a strange looking being.

"This is Cyber Spectre," said Steven. "He's our technopath, augmented by stem cells from Rotom, Metagross, and the Porygon line. He's the literal 'ghost in the machine.' Through this machine, he's connected to nearly every other computer on the planet. He can read and analyze data and cyber-messages with super-computer level proficiency. He's a lot like you, Peri. But he's probably got a higher...'processing speed' and isn't as useful in the field."

Immediately, Psyke clutched his head in agony: the 'Cyber Spectre' had brainwaves firing off in every direction. His mind felt as if it was ready to split apart from the sheer amount of information present in the creature. Perhaps for survival, the boy placed two fingers on his protective bracelet, applying pressure and temporarily removed his psychic abilities. He then breathed a sigh of relief.

After this event, the group moved into another carpeted room with red walls and a gaudy shrine. A strange looking man who looked like something out of a Saturday morning cartoon sat meditating on the other end.

"This is A.D.A.M.," said Steven. "That stands for Alakazam, Dusknoir, Absol, and Medicham: the four Pokemon Team Rocket used when experiment on him. You can just call him 'Adam,' that's what the rest of us do. He's a psychic with incredible precognitive senses. Between him and Cyber, we can intercept and respond to almost any threat that comes along."

It dawned on Psyke that Alakazams were going to be a large part of this series of events. No wonder; they were extraordinary Pokémon. Psyke was glad that he had turned off his psychic awareness; this man might have been even worse than the Cyber Spectre.

"Giving the newbies the grand tour, Commander Stone?" asked a woman. A beautiful blonde waltzed into the red room. "Glad to see I'm gonna have some more support on these big missions. Nova isn't much of a talker."

"This is Eve," Steven introduced. "She's our resident elemental. She has the elemental power of the seven Eevee evolutions. Eve's been working with Nova for the past few months, but she's gotten an offer to work as a security consultant for the Silph Corporation. She's agreed to stay on until the team starts up."

"Happy to help," Eve said with a smile. "I'd love to help whip you all into shape."

This exchange of words was stopped abruptly by the flashing of the man's eyes and he spoke: "Commander Stone, something's going to happen. But I can't see where...something is blocking my vision."

"Sir," it was Lorelei. "Cyber picked something up. Security alarm out of Rustboro City at a bank. The security camera caught an image before it was destroyed. Initial analysis suggests Vandal Savage's involvement."

"Savage? ****," Steven spat. He and the rest of the Ultimates recruits left Adam's sanctuary and returned to the main part of the command tower. "Nova!" he shouted. The super-man caught Steven's glance. "Rustboro City. Now."

Psyke stood idly by as the rest of the conversation played out. From what he heard, they needed training, and a group of several different "bad guys" were robbing the Eterna City museum. He wondered if this would turn out to be his problem. Soon, the question was asked if the group was ready. Psyke, struggling, let out the word "Yes."

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    "Ah, then it is a pleasure to meet you, Hailey Heartgold," Peri released the girl's hand and allowed for her own arm to droop by her sides, the other still hovering before the man. Before she had the opportunity to summon it back to her body, Steven and Lorelei interjected, each offering information pertaining to why they had been selected. Upon hearing her name mentioned, Peri's mouth twitched, but the girl retained a stoic, passive facade as her mind added the latest data to her memory bank. Then, she was addressed by the man whose name was Malic Ragel from her deductions- and from his response to her previous question.

"My name's.....Malic. So you are the cybernetic lady eh? Are you like part-Porygon or something?"

"Affirmative, though I would prefer if you called me Peri, for that is the name I was given in order to obtain an identity. You are also correct concerning my genetic make-up, for much of my data is identical to that found within the Porygon evolutionary line and the programs used to upgrade them," she explained, willing for her arm to float back to her torso and seamlessly rejoin her body. "What you have just seen is a product of the Dubious Disc's encryption within my system."

_________
    It was incredibly difficult to suppress the urge to deviate from the group and inspect the technology encompassing the chamber they now stood in, though Peri was struggling not to absorb too much of the excess energy generated by the machines to the point where she would become intoxicated. As Steven beckoned them over to become acquainted with other integral members of SHIELD, she decided to take precaution so as not to fall over and disgrace herself. Therefore, the girl's feet left the floor, though the distance between the surface and the soles of her boots was barely noticeable.

However, she soon discovered something that distracted her from the energy-saturated atmosphere as her visor captured the image of a transparent structure connected to yet another computer. Zooming in somewhat, she was surprised to spy that it housed a figure whose state was reminiscent of her own, back at the laboratory when the Rockets wished to upgrade her. Though from Steven's words, she learnt that he was not receiving updates, but acting as a look-out of some sorts.

"This is Cyber Spectre. He's our technopath, augmented by stem cells from Rotom, Metagross, and the Porygon line. He's the literal 'ghost in the machine.' Through this machine, he's connected to nearly every other computer on the planet. He can read and analyze data and cyber-messages with super-computer level proficiency. He's a lot like you, Peri. But he's probably got a higher...'processing speed' and isn't as useful in the field."

"Mm," she nodded, unable to tear her visor away from the sight of the man within the machine. "I was created to be utilised as a weapon solely from Porygon data; I am still attempting to develop upgrades for my other capabilities." Despite being transfixed on Cyber Spectre, desiring to stay longer and perhaps even communicate with him, she obediently followed the group to the next chamber, which emanated opulence. Again, the occupant was seemingly focused on his duties, so Peri prohibited herself from interrupting.

Suddenly, they were joined by an attractive female whose entrance caused a temperature or two to rise within the room. She introduced herself as Eve, and the Commander disclosed the information pertaining to her position within SHIELD.

Interesting, I am sure that my ex-colleagues will enjoy her presence within the company, she thought in amusement. Though I don't feel comfortable with being whipped- is my shape inappropriate? However, the remainder of Peri's silent concerns were interrupted by an announcement from the entity who was dubbed 'Adam'. She observed the reactions that followed, especially when Lorelei relayed further information to the group. The situation had worsened and...

Peri was dazzled by a flash of light, having to adjust the settings of her visor somewhat to ensure a swift recovery of her 'vision'. Upon witnessing the sight of the scarlet-clad Vicki, and hearing the responses of the others, she underwent a mini-transformation of her own.

Tapping into her own program, Peri augmented herself so as to cause two mechanical, cannon-like weapons to manifest where her hands were. Her feet began to glow with an orangey-red hue, which sent her shooting several metres into the air upon the energy surging. Returning to the floor, she nodded to the group.

"Affirmative, I am in. Let us work together efficiently!"​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back