• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tier Discussion/Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Just an opinion, but bu current standards I believe Porygon2 should be moved to OU and Porygon-Z should be considered for BL. There are many other pokemon that do what P-Z does better. (This is why Blaziken is BL, because Infernape does everything better)

~T_S

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    OU - used a lot

UU - used very little

BL - pokemon banned from UU

Ubers - pokemon banned from OU

NU - pokemon not used in UU

Learn your tier definitions. Pory2 is nowhere near OU.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Really, not used often you say? I've seen it in almost every team on Shoddy the past few weeks, more often than Blissey or Garchomp. (Seriously)

I missed the boat on P-Z though, I apologize.

~T_S

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Hmm im new here, but i just wanted to ask a question.. Why is abomasnow in OU? His stats are decent at best, and he has a ton of weaknesses. Sure hail+ blizzard is deadly, but with its poor speed it can be knocked out/disabled before it can use it. i personally dont like it, can someone explain why its there? Im using one in diamond and the E4 always pwn it xD. Also Garchomp owns. nuff said =P

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Abomasnow is OU because it is commonly used to start hail teams.
    Its constant hail also means any non-ice takes damage, and that its 120Power Blizzard is 100% Accuracy STAB.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Hmm i see your point. I guess it can be usefull in certain situations. Thanks for the fast reply!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Ok, so if im correct due to reading stark mountain on smogon, according to the thread called "The new OU list", Wobbuffet is now uber again, so you could get rid of it, like now =D. I would link, but you cant link to other forums and its not that hard to find.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    My main concern is Nidoking in the UU tier. I don't feel Nidoqueen belongs there either, but my main focus is on Nidoking. Why they should be in BL:
    • Stats:
    Most Pokemon in the UU tier have one or more mediocre stat. They cannot play in OU because they are either too slow, too fragile, or too weak. At 85 Speed, it can outspeed just about anything that could OHKO it in the UU, and at 92 Attack and the general low defense of these UU Sweepers, it could easily OHKO it in turn. Nidoking's lowest stats are its Defenses at 77 and 75. That's still a respectable amount, and it means that nuetral hits are pointless, as they can't OHKO or probably even 2HKO Nidoking. Nidoqueen's Defense stats are in the 80's while her Attack stats are still balanced in the high 70's. Keep in mind, other Pokemon have stats as high as the Nidos, but they lack elsewhere.

• Movepool:
    Nidoking's Movepool is BL material. Earthquake, Megahorn, Stone Edge, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt. With respectable 85 and 92 Attack stats, Nidoking can easily OHKO or 2HKO anything in the UU without loosing a whole lot of health. Nidoqueen's movepool is also good, and Smogon even comments that she can easily compete against Lucario, Skarm, and others in OU.

• Counters:
    Nidoking and Nidoqueen don't really have any counters unless you know their exact moveset. Smogon says, "--- works well against a Nido set without ---." Most of Nidoking's listed counters are OU or BL, anyway.

• Typing:
    With Nidoking's type combination, it resists Bug, Fighting, Poison, and Rock (I hope I didn't leave anything off), is completely immune to Electric (very common type in UU), and is only weak to types that are more common in OU than in UU. (Ice, Ground, Psychic, etc.)

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I agree with you Mobile. I'm tired of facing Nidoking in UU, specially because before you find out its set, it has taken out two of your Pokémon, at least.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I agree with you Mobile. I'm tired of facing Nidoking in UU, specially because before you find out its set, it has taken out two of your Pokémon, at least.
    Yeah, it OHKOs or 2HKOs just about everything that is not Quagsire or Claydol.

Psyphonix

Enigmatic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2008
    ya, nidoking is too epic for UU, but then again, not exactly good enough for BL, hes more on the fringes, hes like the Garchomp of his tier :P

oh, speaking of garchomp, he is WAYY to strong >.>

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Well, I've been thinking something - that we should have a seperate tier list for Double battles. Doubles are a vastly different metagame, and thus the tiers should reflect that.

One Pokemon that comes to mind is Wobbufett. Wobbufett traps both opponents in battle, however it epically fails because it is very easy to target it with two Pokemon and defeat it in a single turn. Switches are also far rarer in doubles, because of the risk that your opponent targeted what you are switching out with both Pokemon (eg. The opponent knows you have an Evire, you have a Gyara out, they predict a switch and use both EQ and Thunderbolt). Thus, Wobby's Shadow Tag is far less useful in Doubles.

As well, there are numerous other Pokemon that should be moved to seperate tiers for double battles. Your thoughts?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Pokemon are rated the same in doubles as they are in singles.

Also, Nidoking won't be going up anytime soon. Pokemon are only getting moved down, for example, Dorapion in UU.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    i really don't understand OU and UU

i mean every different sight has somewhat similar rules but i believe most of it is junki mean just because a billion people use weavile shouldn't make him OU, i mean a strong quick attack can take him out.

there is no set standard for game play except the ever growing list of banned pokes set forth by nitendo. personally me and my friend noticed a little trend and have created a series or "tiers" if you will to make game play as even as we can.

Tier GOD: 720 Total Base Stats:
    Arceus

Tier 1: 680 Total Base Stats:
    Mewtwo
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Rayquaza
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina

Tier 2: 670 Total Base Stats:
    Slaking
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Regigigas

Tier 3: 600 Total Base Stats:
    Jirachi
    Celebi
    Mew
    Deoxys
    Dragonite
    Tyranitar
    Salamence
    Metagross
    Latios
    Latias
    Garchomp
    Heatran
    Cresselia
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin

Tier 4: 580 Total Base Stats:
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Regiice
    Regirock
    Registeel
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Azelf

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I stopped reading when you actually implied that Slaking and Regigigas were on the same level as Groudon and Kyogre. I mean, seriously.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back