• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Time Traveler's IC

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
  • Chil stood in thoughts again. Syrena has told him that she was fine but Chil doubt that. She might faint again and they just had to get out of this terribly hot desert. Chil decided, he would keep close to Syrena. After that faint it must surely mean she's tired and fustrated.

Chil then saw Jet approached Syrena. It seemed as if he wanted something, so Chil backed out and made his way to where Jet was standing. After Chil had asked Syrena if she was ok, Chil saw Jet standing and looking in the sand.

"What was he searching for? No, more importantly, what was he looking at?" Chil wandered "Chil kneeled down to where Voovee was and Chil looked at the vaporeon carefully. She had been spitting out water out of her mouth, for some reason.

Scorch was down on the sand himself. He was perfectly fine for the heat was like his ordinary temperature. Then Scorch ran around Voovee, having the feeling of playing, but sadly the vaporeon was exhausted. She just sat there. Then something made Scorch's excitement face turn into a serious figure. He looked at the sand that Voovee had been staring at curiously. Then he in the midst of concentration, Scorch growled at the sand.

This made Chil confuse.
    "Why was Scorch growling at the sand? Was there something in the sand??" thought Chil as he picked up a small amount of sand in his hand "This....this sand is so soft...too soft". Then it hit Chil mind, and it hit it hard. This wasn't normal sand, it was a most reknown sand that literally pulls down in the center anything that is caught up in it's grasp.
    "Better stay back you two" said Chil to the two pokemon "This sand, no, this desert's dangerous"

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • VooVee panted, though it looked at Scorch as it wanted to play. It took a breath, and fell down. Suddenly, Chil started observing the sand. The poor Vapreon wanted to warn him about the pit. To pull him back. But his hand was getting dangerously close...what would happen if Chil got stuck in the pit? Before they even knew anything about it? But Chil was swift and didn't even stick his hand in. He merely gave a scoop, so that his arm was luckily not stuck. A look of horror passed onto his face. VooVee was now curious.

"Better stay back, you two!" the child said. VooVee rolled it's eyes. No duh. It looked at Scorch, and with it's paws drew a diagram that explained what Chil was looking at. A sand pit. As Gary awaited a response from Syrena, the child looked to see Chil at the pit. So, his cousin had noticed. Jet and VooVee locked eyes. The Vapreon slowly got up, and coughed. The intense heat...Scorch was fine? If anything, Vapreon should be better! Scorch was a fire-type...hence, it's reaction to the heat would be neutral. But Vapreon was water-type...hence, it's super effective. Meaning it wouldn't be affected as much by the heat. There was something special about that monkey.

But...what?

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • Syrena Anderson
    ________________________________________________________​
    I sighed, it was so hot in the Desert here. I looked at my cousin Gary over at a sand pit or something, wonder what he was doing there. I was about to get up and walk over to him, but he walked over to me instead. "Syrena, can I see the map? There's something that bothers me..." He asked. I nodded to him and handed over the map. "Sure." I said smiling. Paige hopped off my lap and padded away to the other pokemon, obviously. Her tail was up and so was her chin., I turned my gaze back to Gary and began to look around again. I didn't see much, and there wasn't much to see but I spotted a couple of Cactus's and hill's of sand.

In the mean time Paige walked towards Scorch and VooVee, she cautiously sniffed the sand pit and stared at it.

I turned my gaze to my Leafeon, and leaned my head closer for a better view. Scorch began to growl at the Sand Pit while VooVee and for some reason spitting water out of it's mouth. "Better stay back you two" I heard Chil say, he was talking to the pokemon. "This sand, no, this desert's dangerous" He finished. I got up from sitting on the rock, and walked over to the Pokemon then picked up Paige. Paige hissed at me but I ignored it, it was typical Paige behavior. "Um- Chil, what is this sand?" I asked looking at it cautiously.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
    Years
  • "What is this sand" asked Syrena as she came up to Chil. Chil was obviously getting tired now. The sand itself seems to hate their presence.

"Quicksand" Chil explained "it's one of the trickiest sand around, literally swallowing anything that comes in its range radius, here take a look". Chil picked up a bone that he saw lying in the sand.

It must have been from a living soul but sadly now it's gone. Chil advanced cautiously to the sand, making sure not to come intact in the quicksand's range radius. He then threw the bone into the sand and slowly, the sand swallowed it up.

"The more you struggle, the more you get sucked in" Chil said intelligently "So it's no use fighting with it". Chil then saw that Syrena was still not in good shape. Her stance says everything.

"Give me one sec....." Chil said as he walked up to Jet. It's been a while since he's been staring at something.....the map.

"What's wrong Jet? Have you found a way out this mischievious desert?" Chil asked "Oh....by the way your Voovee's been acting strangely for some reason". As said, the Voovee kept spitting water out of her mouth. Scorch.....well to tell the truth, it's Scorch that's been acting akwardly. He has been growling towards the sand pit for a while. Scorch was literally angry about something. What was it? Then without a second thought Scorch threw himself in with a growl. It seemed as if he's attacking the sand itself.

Chil didn't notice but Scorch was drowning behind his back. What will be the outcome now?

darkpokeball

Years
  • "What's wrong Jet? Have you found a way out this mischievious desert?" Chil said, gazing at Gary. He then added on that VooVee was acting strangely. This caused Jet to look over towards VooVee and see the sand pit...that Scorch was currently growling at. He saw his VooVee also upset by the pit...but it was spitting water, and coughing a bit. Gary rolled his eyes and called his Vapreon over. He then looked to Chil.

"VooVee is probably being exhausted by the heat. But, so far, we seem to be lost. This quicksand has no markings on the map...however, look."

Gary pointed to a small marking, making sure his cousin could see. As the two were talking, Scorch had gotten himself into a mess behind their backs. Of course, they couldn't see.
    "It says the Ching Ruins. There are two entrances. The symbols are strange spiral-like shapes. That pit is upsetting the pokemon, meaning there must be something on the other side. Is it safe to assume that the spiral shape might be a symbol for quicksand? If so, then we could get a sense of direction by getting through the Ching Ruins. Once we get our bearings, then we can head off towards this...what was it...blue flower or something."

As the two talked, VooVee noticed that the other members of their small group seemed to be in a different conversation. It felt strange...it's mouth tingled, itching for something. It coughed up some more water, then proceeded to lick the wet sand. It panted a bit, before curling up into a small ball and deciding to get some rest. But, then it heard something. A cry. Scorch's cry. VooVee headed off and saw Scorch apparently drowning. It turned to Syrena and gave a raspy cry, and nodded in the direction of the pit. Hopefully she would be able to do something.

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
    Years
  • Lillian Crystal Electra

Lillian slowly got up and took another look at the legend. Then she noticed something. The bottom of the page looked ripped. Was there more to the legend? It seemed over, though. It could be info on the humans that the dragon split into.

Sparky saw Scorch drowning, and ran over. "Don't worry! I got this!" The Manetric then pulled on Scorch's tail, and managed to pull him out. Both tumbled back, and Sparky said "Sorry! At least you are out of there."

Lillian walked around, then saw a hole in one of the quicksand areas. It was big enough to fit through, so she yelled "Hey! Everyone! I think I found something interesting!"

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • Syrena Anderson
    ________________________________________________________​

"Quicksand" Chil answered her question. "it's one of the trickiest sand around, literally swallowing anything that comes in its range radius, here take a look". Syrena gulped, this sand was scary to her. Chil picked up a near by bone from on the desert floor, how did that get there?..... He threw the bone into the Quicksand and slowly, it sank. "The more you struggle, the more you get sucked in" Chil explained. "So it's no use fighting with it" That was something she didn't know 'bout Quicksand. Syrena stepped away from it, and cautiously looked at it. "Give me one sec....." Chil said. Syrena nodded. "Okay.." She said calmly. Sighing of the heat, Syrena used her hand as a fan to try and cool the heat, but it didn't seem to help that much.

A cry came from Scorch, Syrena turned and saw the poor pokemon sinking. "Oh my gosh Scorch!" Syrena looked around panicking, she put her hand out near the Qucksand making sure she wouldn't fall in. Take it!" She shouted. The poor pokemon! Then a Manetric, it was Lillians probably, came over and managed to pull out Scorch. They both tumbled back and Syrena couldn't help giggling for a second. She wen't over to Scorch and kneeled down at the pokemon.

"Are you alright lil' buddy?" She asked worriedly.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
    Years
  • Scorch was scared, but also brave. He tried to grab Syrena's hand but suddenly a Manetric jumped in front of Syrena. He helped Scorch out of the quicksand and then they both came thumbling down on each other.

Scorch looked at Syrena and nodded, giving a sign that he was ok. Chil stood near Jet. He looked at the horizon filled with sand and he couldn't help thinking about......Death!. There was nothing to do. As far as he was concern, he wanted to get out of the pit box of sand.

Chil then noticed that Scorch was lying around in the sand with Lilian's Manetric. Then, without hesitation, Scorch came running at Chil. He stood by Chil and grabbed Chil's short.

"Huh??........Hey!!" said Chil anxiously "What is it Scorch?". Scorch was trying to pull Chil nearer to the quicksand area, and also pointing his finger straight at the location.

Lilian too was at the quicksand area and she pronouced that she has found something, and from the looks on her face, it was something important. What was it with this quicksand attracting everyone? There must be something......there just got to be..!

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Years
  • Jet rolled his eyes. Who did this 'Chil' dude think he was? First, he decided to try to storm off on his own, and now he was just...being plain ignorant. Wanting an input upon the Ching Ruins, Gary was rather dissapointed that his cousin couldn't be at least a little more responsive, before running to his little monkey. It was strange...it foolishly trapped itself in the quicksand, and then it got all the attention. Once more, Gary realized that the longer they stood here in the dry heat, it was like running in circles. So, he once more walked up to Chil and attempted to make his point again, when his cousin started yelling that there must be something down there.

"So...do you think that's it's the Ching Ruins?" Gary asked, clearing his throat for emphasis. He then explained his case again before Chil could respond, to Syrena and his audience. As he waited for his two cousins to respond, he couldn't help but notice that he had an itch in his nose. Ignoring it, or at least trying too, Gary started twitching his face oddly as he stared at his cousins.

Meanwhile, VooVee was with Scorch, and they seemed to be having a conversation...if pokemon could understand each other. Jet did notice that Lillian's pokemon did seem to try some sort of communication...but did it work? Whatever the matter, it was clear that VooVee was happy that Scorch was okay. It went over to Manetric and rubbed its head against it's static fur, and felt a jolt pass through. It then stared at Lillian and smiled before nodding off to the Manectric, as if to say:
    'Your pokemon is really awesome! VooVee approves!'

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
    Years
  • While standing and looking at the spiral sand pit, Chil recognised that the spiral shape was identical to the one that Jet was showing him. This was getting tricky.

Chil bended down, he slowly picked up some of the 'sand pit' sand and dropped them inside a small brown leather pouch that he took from his left pocket.

"This will be useful" he thought. As Chil stood up he noticed his cousin, Jet, making his way to where the small gathering was. He once again asked

"So.....do you think that's it's the Ching Ruins?". Chil was not sure. The sand pit is very much identical to one of the entrance symbol on the map and it surely must mean something if Scorch was growling at it. This led Chil to use his intelligence. He didn't want to say what he thinks but as far as he knows, the sun's heat was killing them and it would not be wise to keep whatever suggestions inside in the situation the're in.

Chil gazed around. Everyone seemed exhausted and he too was slightly off balance. The sun, the heat, and mostly the crowd was getting on Chil's nerve, but he managed to cool it down.

"Hey now......just wait a second...." Chil thought. He had came up with one of the most stupidest and also the most dreadful idea in his existance.

"The only way to find out is to see for yourself" said Chil in a most complex manner "right Jet". With those lines, without hesitation, Chil jumped in the quicksand's center point. As fortold, the quicksand slowly swallowed Chil. He didn't strangle in the sand but closed his eyes and whistled out a "tweet" tone in call of Scorch.

Scorch didn't pay any attention to VooVee and Manectric for his attention was directed mainly on the sand pit, as his master's. Scorch was still angry and growling at the sand pit for some reason but that was still yet unknown. As Scorch had a sturdy look at the sand pit, he did not notice his master jump, but he surely was suprised to see his master in the sand pit being swallowed.

With the "tweet" tone being whistled loudly, Scorch knew it was his call, so he leaped in and landed on his masters hand. He calmly sat on his master's head for he knows he would be safe with his master and also vice-versa

Last edited:
    Back