• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue (Beta 1.0 Released!)

Which version will you play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
Years
Hmmm what to play? TurquoiseBlue or NavyBlue?]

The biggest difference between the two games are the legendaries, but in the first beta you won't encounter them. The main difference are the version exclusives. There are also slightly different stories and evil team plots in the game. Both will follow the same story though so its not too big of a difference between games. In upcoming betas there will be major differences. Thw version mascot of NavyBlue is Brighteous who is a Ice/Dragon while the mascot of TurquoiseBlue is Darkolys, a Fire/Dragon type. You should probably pick the version with the legendary you prefer. You could also play both on no$gba and trade exclusives to help out your pokedex.

Samuraipizzacats

Call me Seb
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
The biggest difference between the two games are the legendaries, but in the first beta you won't encounter them. The main difference are the version exclusives. There are also slightly different stories and evil team plots in the game. Both will follow the same story though so its not too big of a difference between games. In upcoming betas there will be major differences. Thw version mascot of NavyBlue is Brighteous who is a Ice/Dragon while the mascot of TurquoiseBlue is Darkolys, a Fire/Dragon type. You should probably pick the version with the legendary you prefer. You could also play both on no$gba and trade exclusives to help out your pokedex.

So you can't complete your pokedex without trading with the other game? Personally that's something I always disliked about the normal Pokémon games.

Anyway good luck with the first beta!

Omonox

Years
So you can't complete your pokedex without trading with the other game? Personally that's something I always disliked about the normal Pokémon games.
Anyway good luck with the first beta!

Actually, no. The other version exclusives can be obtained by trading with NPCs. There are a few that trade but you'll only be able to get one of that pokemon.

I khow a lot of title sreen editing and mapping...if you need me with anything i'm there...

Okay, great I'd love for you to help with the world map, i'll PM you some details.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
It's a lot more pleasant here than PHO I like the new banners, they're way better than the old ones.

And I can help you insert the region world map, but it might be more helpful to look at Neti's world map tutorial. It's quite simple, and I did it without any knowledge of hex editing.

/showthread.php?t=312794
(Sorry I can't post links, so you'll have to write www pokecommunity and all that)

Omonox

Years
It's a lot more pleasant here than PHO I like the new banners, they're way better than the old ones.

And I can help you insert the region world map, but it might be more helpful to look at Neti's world map tutorial. It's quite simple, and I did it without any knowledge of hex editing.

/showthread.php?t=312794
(Sorry I can't post links, so you'll have to write www pokecommunity and all that)

I've tried tutorials I've that but I always end up with a blue screen for the map. I would love it if you could edit the world map. Next week, I'll send you a better picture of the region than the first one posted.

Years
Don't know what's with all the hate, LOL. I find this hack really cute. It kinda reminds me of How To Train Your Dragon. Your mapping requires some improvements, but I think that your fakemon are really "derpy" and cute, and I wouldn't want you to change them :)

Omonox

Years
Don't know what's with all the hate, LOL. I find this hack really cute. It kinda reminds me of How To Train Your Dragon. Your mapping requires some improvements, but I think that your fakemon are really "derpy" and cute, and I wouldn't want you to change them :)

Yes, at first all the comments were criticizing sprites so I put all my focus on sprites. Now I'm realizing the maps are pretty empty and bad. Thanks for the compliment, though. I hope I can make these maps a little better by the time the beta is released.

Omonox

Years
I am in desperate need of help. Every time you use the PC, the game crashes. Can anybody help?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I am in desperate need of help. Every time you use the PC, the game crashes. Can anybody help?
When you say the game crash, do you mean that it auto-resets or a black screen occurs? Also, does the music still play in the background? Specifically describe the very last thing that happened before the crash. Exactly, when does the crash occur? It sounds like the PC routine got overwritten with other data. Keeping a log book of all of your used offsets is very important.

Omonox

Years
When you say the game crash, do you mean that it auto-resets or a black screen occurs? Also, does the music still play in the background? Specifically describe the very last thing that happened before the crash. Exactly, when does the crash occur? It sounds like the PC routine got overwritten with other data. Keeping a log book of all of your used offsets is very important.

When I went to use any of the options on the pc, the game just froze and automatically closed.

And the music did NOT play.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
When I went to use any of the options on the pc, the game just froze and automatically closed.

And the music did NOT play.
Okay. Now check the computer that is in your home (when you first start the game). I just want to make sure if it is a special or a tile byte behavior or something along the lines of that.

But it sounds as if you overwritten data. What was the last patch/implementation did you make to your game. And do you remember the offset you inserted it in?

Omonox

Years
Okay. Now check the computer that is in your home (when you first start the game). I just want to make sure if it is a special or a tile byte behavior or something along the lines of that.

But it sounds as if you overwritten data. What was the last patch/implementation did you make to your game. And do you remember the offset you inserted it in?

I honestly forget. However, I know I was editing a lot of npc text and some more tutors.

The home computer works fine.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Yes, for long amounts of text, I use AText. Otherwise, I just edit the script.
Looks like I just found out what happened. Advance Text is a VERY buggy program. It often overwrites existing data. You should try using PKSV, it is an excellent scripting program for beginners. I have made tons of scripting templates. I should just make a thread for them, I guess. But if you need some, I'll be more than willing to show you how.

Also, editing the script is very risky because if the newly edited data is more than its prior, you will overwrite other data that was next to that script. For instance, offset 0x800030 WILL overwrite 0x800050, if you make offset 0x800030 longer than 0x20 bytes.
----------
Use this PKSV template I created as a start.

#dyn 0x800000 (this tells the game to repoint to ONLY free space above 0x800000)
#org @offset
'------------------------------------
'Script Name
faceplayer
lockall
checkflag 0x---
if true jump @endevent
msgbox @text-1
callstd msg_noclose
setflag 0x---
release
end

#org @endevent
msgbox @text-2
callstd msg_noclose
release
end

#org @text-1
=

#org @text-2
=

Omonox

Years
Looks like I just found out what happened. Advance Text is a VERY buggy program. It often overwrites existing data. You should try using PKSV, it is an excellent scripting program for beginners. I have made tons of scripting templates. I should just make a thread for them, I guess. But if you need some, I'll be more than willing to show you how.

Also, editing the script is very risky because if the newly edited data is more than its prior, you will overwrite other data that was next to that script. For instance, offset 0x800030 WILL overwrite 0x800050, if you make offset 0x800030 longer than 0x20 bytes.
----------
Use this PKSV template I created as a start.

#dyn 0x800000 (this tells the game to repoint to ONLY free space above 0x800000)
#org @offset
'Script Name
faceplayer
lockall
checkflag 0x---
if true jump @endevent
msgbox @text-1
callstd msg_noclose
setflag 0x---
release
end

#org @endevent
msgbox @text-2
callstd msg_noclose
release
end

#org @text-1
=

#org @text-2
=

I do use PKSV for editing NPC text, items, HMs, and misc.
The PC offset is 1A6955 which was fine. Nothing seemed to be wrong. I'll send you the script just so you can see.

Spoiler:

The PC has crashed my game on every emulator and device I've tried. I'm not sure why because nothing is wrong with the script, I think.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Since this thread is for updates on the hack's progress, feedback and comments, I'm going to have to ask you to move this conversation somewhere else. I know it's related to the hack, but posting a new thread about your problem in Beginner's Lounge would be much better, or you could just message each other with either private or visitor messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back