• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue (Beta 1.0 Released!)

Which version will you play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
Years
Since this thread is for updates on the hack's progress, feedback and comments, I'm going to have to ask you to move this conversation somewhere else. I know it's related to the hack, but posting a new thread about your problem in Beginner's Lounge would be much better, or you could just message each other with either private or visitor messages.

I posted my problem to the beginers lounge but I pretty much fixed the problem now so I think everything is good now.

Exile Autumn

Exile AutumN
Years
I am young too but im 15 years old and i am proud to say that i can help in your hack. Can you PM or send me a picture list of your fakemons sprites. I could edit them and make them look like new. And those sprites look like they have been drawn on MS Paint. If they are i suggest using Nameless Sprite Editor. Anyway, if you want me to help with any of your sprites just PM me okay? Good luck with your hack!!

Omonox

Years
Its been so long since I've last updated this hack and thats because of a couple of reasons. I made a version of the hack that was so close to release, and then it of course broke from crashing. 3 times this has happened. Its hard to redo an entire weeks work and that's no fun for me. I hope to release this beta soon but I will have to postpone it just a little more. Hope everyone who tries it enjoys it!
-mastamilo657

Omonox

Years
Just wanted to say yes, this hack is alive. I know it has been a long time since April but it will be out soon (maybe in July) plus it will be great and better than the now out Alpha. I just lost interest after that first glitch in May, but now it'll be better than ever but possibly shorter TBD.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Vwvtf.jpg

please, please, please please, don't do that. By "that" I mean make the tiles one color. It looks really bad, no offense. Also, there seems to be no flowers there and just grass which looks very plain. Please use the old FR palettes or just new tiles overall.
PBqV9.jpg

same

and here the levels seem a bit.. off.

Good luck with your hack ^^

Omonox

Years
I have made a video of this. Check it out below

Wow, you helped show off a lot of bugs so thanks. To get past the old man, talk to the scientist and he'll let you pass through. Beta 1 will fix upon all of these mistakes and be nearly perfect.

The Intro music is that from the pokemon acoiris remake from wah

Actually it is the credits music for FireRed. It sounds pretty cool as an intro too, though.

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
Oh sorry I didnt knew that,I said that because the acoiris remake contains a lot of costum music and i thought this theme isnt from firered

Omonox

Years
(UPDATE)
So finally the two games are released, but the title screens suck. Anyway, I think they are at least playable for now. There will be realeses here and there to fix bugs.

Bugs
If you find a bug in the game, comment it for everybody to see, or PM it if it is something less major. All bugs will be fixed if reported.

Downloads
Both games are .ips files that can be patched with Lunar IPS.

Help Wanted!
The second beta will be even better, but that's because I'm getting some help. Go to the Team page, and click on "Team Masta Hacks" to find out more info.

Fan Art
Thought this would be cool because there are a ton of fakemon. If you're an artist or not, you can PM pictures, videos, gifs, wallpapers, drawings, paintings, songs, or anything about the game. You could draw a picture of a character, fakemon, or anything else. I think it would be cool to see these fakemon look a little cooler, and I'm not great at art.

Anyway, enjoy the games, and comment suggestions so the hack will keep improving.

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
I have made a first part of Pokemon TB/NB. This is beta 1.0 so please watch it.

Years
Just started playing. I don't mind the sprites or other new art, although yes, they could be way better. I think they're pretty creative and original, so that's good. I actually like the inside of the Pokecenter/mart, however the outside of the building doesn't match how large it actually is inside.

Anyways, I might try to draw Alileaf (grass starters ftw) later. I'll PM it to you if I do.

...Anyways (again), I'm enjoying NavyBlue and look forwards to future updates. Best of luck to you!

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
Still playing through; no comments yet. (Well, ok, fine, here's a couple: the historian thread is good, and should be expanded upon; and Tolan residents revering the Swoodle (for bringing them dreams) is an appropriate bit of culture.)

Just some early bug-reports for now:

>Lots of weird battlesprite glitches; I'm still trying to catalogue them - let alone understand them! (None of the glitches persist after battle, thankfully.) Some:

• Alileaf's backsprite messes up when a sleeping opponent makes the 'snoring' animation. Flashes, tilts back, gets warbly-looking (see 90).

• Several sprites have become small, seemingly related to using contact attacks; happened to Alileaf when attacking Blatacat and Swoodle (although this sometime seems not to occur, for unknown reasons - I think the shrinking may be related to Blatacat using Growl before being hit?); also happened to a Team Zoom grunt's Chuppy when using Bite on Alileaf and Swoodle (see 102). The shrunken sprite momentarily returns to its normal size when attacking, then returns to the shrunken form.

• Chuppy and Alileaf sprites become messed when hit by Psywave; turn big and square, flash rapidly, and then wind up facing the wrong way (see 105 & 106 (I would've included a screen of the wrong-facing sprites, but there's an attachment limit of 5)).

• Alileaf's sprite became very thin after a Blatacat used Encore on it (see 110). Also happened to my own Blatacat when it used Encore on a Swoodle. Like with the shrunken sprite glitch above, the sprite briefly appears normal while attacking.

• Backsprite will /sometimes/ totally flip out when hit by Hypnosis. Inverts, goes square, and finally settles upside-down at an angle; flips out again during 'snoring' animation. Happened to Swoodle and Blatacat, but only occasionally. (Opening and closing the bag resets the sprite to normal.)

>Some very high level Squailey can be encountered in the Garden of Dreams - I saw l22, 28, 32, 43, and 51.

>Mind Drain's name is typo'd, as "Mind Drain KINESIS" (simply forgot to delete the original move name, I suspect)

>Mind Drain's effect is messed up - it currently targets the user! (so, you take damage, and then heal half of that if you survive it)

>An old man in Tolan (the husband of the former library researcher) does not respond when talked to.

>The head Team Zoom guy in the library does not turn to face you when spoken to.

>Lots of typos (e.g. "one who can breath in Poision" instead of "one who can breathe in Poison") - you should ask someone to proofread the script, or maybe just type a bit slower (many are clearly from hitting a nearby key by mistake, e.g. "seconf"). The most amusing ones are Bloo calling himself the "Pokemon Prossor" and someone talking about "Pokrmon" (which I can only assume is the high-stakes version of the TCG :P).

>Peter's TM move is spelled "Disolve" instead of the correct "Dissolve"

>Text auto-scrolls at a few points; e.g. in the intro when Bloo calls himself the "Pokemon Prossor"

>The board outside Tolan gym calls its leader "TERRY" while the townsfolk call him "Peter"

>The Pokedex Processing Center repeats its dialogue if spoken to again.
>The aide blocking the path in Shasur shares some dialogue with the Pokedex Processing Center.

>Huskel is genderless (although this may be intentional).

>Blatacat's dex entry has not been added (it's currently Clefairy's, and it's still listed as the Fairy pokemon).
>Vamvrat's is also unchanged (although since it takes Zubat's place in the dex, it's not very noticeable).

>Shockzel learns Double Kick at lv12 - I only note this because it seems like a holdover from Nidorino's learnset (whose dexnumber Shockzel replaces), and it may be unintentional. (On the other hand, it's kind of neat. And it actually gives Shockzel a physical move to use with its high attack.)

>The Shell Fossil is still called 'Helix Fossil' in the bag. (And indeed, the textbox says that you're putting the Helix Fossil in it.)

Last edited:

Omonox

Years
Still playing through; no comments yet. (Well, ok, fine, here's a couple: the historian thread is good, and should be expanded upon; and Tolan residents revering the Swoodle (for bringing them dreams) is an appropriate bit of culture.)

Just some early bug-reports for now:

>Lots of weird battlesprite glitches; I'm still trying to catalogue them - let alone understand them! (None of the glitches persist after battle, thankfully.) Some:

• Alileaf's backsprite messes up when a sleeping opponent makes the 'snoring' animation. Flashes, tilts back, gets warbly-looking (see 90).

• Several sprites have become small, seemingly related to using contact attacks; happened to Alileaf when attacking Blatacat and Swoodle (although this sometime seems not to occur, for unknown reasons - I think the shrinking may be related to Blatacat using Growl before being hit?); also happened to a Team Zoom grunt's Chuppy when using Bite on Alileaf and Swoodle (see 102). The shrunken sprite momentarily returns to its normal size when attacking, then returns to the shrunken form.

• Chuppy and Alileaf sprites become messed when hit by Psywave; turn big and square, flash rapidly, and then wind up facing the wrong way (see 105 & 106 (I would've included a screen of the wrong-facing sprites, but there's an attachment limit of 5)).

• Alileaf's sprite became very thin after a Blatacat used Encore on it (see 110). Also happened to my own Blatacat when it used Encore on a Swoodle. Like with the shrunken sprite glitch above, the sprite briefly appears normal while attacking.

• Backsprite will /sometimes/ totally flip out when hit by Hypnosis. Inverts, goes square, and finally settles upside-down at an angle; flips out again during 'snoring' animation. Happened to Swoodle and Blatacat, but only occasionally. (Opening and closing the bag resets the sprite to normal.)

>Some very high level Squailey can be encountered in the Garden of Dreams - I saw l22, 28, 32, 43, and 51.

>Mind Drain's name is typo'd, as "Mind Drain KINESIS" (simply forgot to delete the original move name, I suspect)

>Mind Drain's effect is messed up - it currently targets the user! (so, you take damage, and then heal half of that if you survive it)

>An old man in Tolan (the husband of the former library researcher) does not respond when talked to.

>The head Team Zoom guy in the library does not turn to face you when spoken to.

>Lots of typos (e.g. "one who can breath in Poision" instead of "one who can breathe in Poison") - you should ask someone to proofread the script, or maybe just type a bit slower (many are clearly from hitting a nearby key by mistake, e.g. "seconf"). The most amusing ones are Bloo calling himself the "Pokemon Prossor" and someone talking about "Pokrmon" (which I can only assume is the high-stakes version of the TCG :P).

>Peter's TM move is spelled "Disolve" instead of the correct "Dissolve"

>Text auto-scrolls at a few points; e.g. in the intro when Bloo calls himself the "Pokemon Prossor"

>The board outside Tolan gym calls its leader "TERRY" while the townsfolk call him "Peter"

>The Pokedex Processing Center repeats its dialogue if spoken to again.
>The aide blocking the path in Shasur shares some dialogue with the Pokedex Processing Center.

>Huskel is genderless (although this may be intentional).

>Blatacat's dex entry has not been added (it's currently Clefairy's, and it's still listed as the Fairy pokemon).

>Shockzel learns Double Kick at lv12 - I only note this because it seems like a holdover from Nidorino's learnset (whose dexnumber Shockzel replaces), and it may be unintentional. (On the other hand, it's kind of neat. And it actually gives Shockzel a physical move to use with its high attack.)

Wow, thanks a lot for finding all those bugs. The Squaily thing is very weird. It isn't supposed to be high level eked but I'll look into it. Also, the sprites changing to be small and stuff... I don't know why it does that. But, if you change the game to set mode, it probably won't do that. I would definitely change to set mode so you don't have to deal with that problem. Terry was Peters prototype name. Terry of Tolan. But I changed it to Peter of Poison. Also, just wandering are the moves on your Rom uppercase, or title case. They should be title case, but I saw some people have that problem. Same with the Squaily high level problem. It never happened to me.

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
The vanilla moves are all in all-caps. The added moves (Mind Drain, Disolve [sic]) are in title case. (This is most evident with Mind Drain, as like I said it's currently showing up as "Mind Drain KINESIS".) There are some weird capitalization issues, like "NoT ABLE" on the TM compatibility screen, and "NoNE" by Item on a mon's status screen. As well as the standard plural problem, with "TrainerS" for example. I didn't mention those sorts of things because I assumed they were low-priority. Other lower-priority things: there's some permission errors in the Tolan pokecenter - you can walk on the right half of the table, but not the left cushion - and a layering issue with cave corners, which clip over the player. Shockzel's dex entry ends in a comma.

Much more important bug which is also fairly common: text often extends outside of the textbox and is hidden from view. The main Team Zoom guy in the library has this problem extensively. Ace's "But I want to test you so [unreadable]" is a similar problem.

(The Thief TM in Splash Cave added 153 copies to my bag. I assume this was intentional, similar to how Peter explicitly gives you 99 TM08s. Then again, '153' seems an odd number to give.) EDIT: Blatacat can't learn Thief, which is surprising. (Also a bit surprised that Shockzel can't learn Dissolve while Blatacat can, as 'secrete nasty goop' is more froglike than catlike :P )

I'll see if Set gets rid of the sprite glitches. (I typically start with Switch on to help train very low-level mons against trainers with multiple mons (switch them in for free, then spend the turn switching them out), but nowadays I do tend to use Set anyway.) It seems very weird that that could be what's causing them though!

Last edited:

Omonox

Years
The vanilla moves are all in all-caps. The added moves (Mind Drain, Disolve [sic]) are in title case. (This is most evident with Mind Drain, as like I said it's currently showing up as "Mind Drain KINESIS".) There are some weird capitalization issues, like "NoT ABLE" on the TM compatibility screen, and "NoNE" by Item on a mon's status screen. As well as the standard plural problem, with "TrainerS" for example. I didn't mention those sorts of things because I assumed they were low-priority. Other lower-priority things: there's some permission errors in the Tolan pokecenter - you can walk on the right half of the table, but not the left cushion - and a layering issue with cave corners, which clip over the player. Shockzel's dex entry ends in a comma.

Much more important bug which is also fairly common: text often extends outside of the textbox and is hidden from view. The main Team Zoom guy in the library has this problem extensively. Ace's "But I want to test you so [unreadable]" is a similar problem.

(The Thief TM in Splash Cave added 153 copies to my bag. I assume this was intentional, similar to how Peter explicitly gives you 99 TM08s. Then again, '153' seems an odd number to give.)

I'll see if Set gets rid of the sprite glitches. (I typically start with Switch on to help train very low-level mons against trainers with multiple mons (switch them in for free, then spend the turn switching them out), but nowadays I do tend to use Set anyway.) It seems very weird that that could be what's causing them though!

Wait! I made a mistake. You're supposed to turn battle scene off, not set on. I was thinking that off the top of my head, so I messed up. Thanks for finding all those bugs. Hopefully, not a single one makes it into Beta 2

153 is intentional. Actually, it is supposed to be 99, but the game makes it 153 for some reason. Still, basically unlimited.

Plus, all the moves are Titlecase on my copy. I don't know why they aren't on yours...?

Last edited:

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
I don't know why, but they aren't; e.g. screenshot. (I suppose that it could /arguably/ be a problem with my ROM? Except that I've used the same base for multiple other hacks with move decapitalization and never had a problem. So it hardly makes sense for it to be the root of the problem here :/ ) I'll note that the screenshot also shows that move names have been edited, as here it's "Sand Attack" instead of the vanilla "Sand-Attack".

(Yeah, yeah, a Felix the Cat reference, I know. Uninspired but solid. I also named my Squaily 'Rocky.')

Omonox

Years
I don't know why, but they aren't; e.g. screenshot. (I suppose that it could /arguably/ be a problem with my ROM? Except that I've used the same base for multiple other hacks with move decapitalization and never had a problem. So it hardly makes sense for it to be the root of the problem here :/ ) I'll note that the screenshot also shows that move names have been edited, as here it's "Sand Attack" instead of the vanilla "Sand-Attack".

(Yeah, yeah, a Felix the Cat reference, I know. Uninspired but solid. I also named my Squaily 'Rocky.')

That's very wierd. On my phone and PC, the words are decaped. But on everybody else's copy, it's not. Anyway, I replayed the beta, and turning battle scene off, is the way to fix the sprite error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back