• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue (Beta 1.0 Released!)

Which version will you play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
I generally enjoy seeing move animations, so I may just live with the glitches :/. (Anyway, you should still try to figure out what's making them occur, as that's a very weird overlap of systems that might be indicative of a larger problem.)

(Are there running shoes in the hack? The glitches occurred even without super-speed, but I've had to throttle to a higher speed because WALKING. This is another reason for me to leave battle animations on, as with a throttle on and battle animations off, turns would speed by too quickly.)

The 153 tm46s is likely a problem with bases. 0x99 (i.e., in hex) is 153 in decimal. 0x63 is 99.

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
Years
Here is part 2 of this game.

Hey thanks again. Also, if the episodes aren't pre recorded, can you turn battle scene off? It'll stop the sprites from looking like garbage after a attack.

I generally enjoy seeing move animations, so I may just live with the glitches :/. (Anyway, you should still try to figure out what's making them occur, as that's a very weird overlap of systems that might be indicative of a larger problem.)

(Are there running shoes in the hack? The glitches occurred even without super-speed, but I've had to throttle to a higher speed because WALKING. This is another reason for me to leave battle animations on, as with a throttle on and battle animations off, turns would speed by too quickly.)

The 153 tm46s is likely a problem with bases. 0x99 (i.e., in hex) is 153 in decimal. 0x63 is 99.

I don't find that glitch to be too high on my priority list. The sprite error just sucks. I believe it has something to do with Advance Sprite Adjuster, or whatever its called. I'll try and fix it, but until then, I usually play with animations off anyway.

For running shoes, sorry but they aren't in the first beta. Neither is a female protagonist sprite. However, you can get the bike in Starlite City.

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
Hey thanks again. Also, if the episodes aren't pre recorded, can you turn battle scene off? It'll stop the sprites from looking like garbage after a attack.

I don't find that glitch to be too high on my priority list. The sprite error just sucks. I believe it has something to do with Advance Sprite Adjuster, or whatever its called. I'll try and fix it, but until then, I usually play with animations off anyway.

For running shoes, sorry but they aren't in the first beta. Neither is a female protagonist sprite. However, you can get the bike in Starlite City.

Okay then, I will turn off the animations for the next part of this beta. However, I never turn off the animations in any pokemon games especially hacks.

That okay. Maybe you just haven't got enough time. I feel the same way as you but the bike will do for now.

By the way, part 3 is coming up so make sure you watch soon as possible.

Omonox

Years
Okay then, I will turn off the animations for the next part of this beta. However, I never turn off the animations in any pokemon games especially hacks.

That okay. Maybe you just haven't got enough time. I feel the same way as you but the bike will do for now.

By the way, part 3 is coming up so make sure you watch soon as possible.

Alright, sounds cool. Can't wait to see the third part.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm so confused, are the graphics meant to be like that? :(

Paint-like could work, I've considered it before, but it looks like you've just flooded normal tiles and used very few colours. It'll still need shading and detail to actually look playable - I get the look you're going for, but there's a lot of discord amongst your tiles.

Last edited:

Omonox

Years
I'm so confused, are the graphics meant to be like that? :(

Paint-like could work, I've considered it before, but it looks like you've just flooded normal tiles and used very few colours. It'll still need shading and detail to actually look playable o_o.

Not sure what you mean by graphics. If you're talking about tiles, yes, they are supposed to look like that. a little dull, but they fit in with the Larmog Region.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Not sure what you mean by graphics. If you're talking about tiles, yes, they are supposed to look like that. a little dull, but they fit in with the Larmog Region.
I think what Magic means by graphics is that the tiles, trainer sprites, and some fakemon lack shading completely and just has one color, making it not visually appealing at all, to be honest. I suggest that you should have someone help you shade and make better trainers, cause even though I stand by my words, "the game itself makes the game", but in this case, the graphics are just really bad and makes it really unplayable to a lot of people.

Omonox

Years
I think what Magic means by graphics is that the tiles, trainer sprites, and some fakemon lack shading completely and just has one color, making it not visually appealing at all, to be honest. I suggest that you should have someone help you shade and make better trainers, cause even though I stand by my words, "the game itself makes the game", but in this case, the graphics are just really bad and makes it really unplayable to a lot of people.

I do have somebody who is helping out with sprites for the second beta. In fact, I have a team in the Team Room to recruit people to make the hack look a bit nicer.

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
I have seen countless time where people have given you constructive criticism about the graphics of your hack. Dark Sneasel showed you some pics of how the one color tiles do not look good and the reasons Tcoppy stated are also a problem but good to hear that it is being worked on. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but if you want your hack to be successful I suggest you change the tiles of the hack, if not then not many people will come to your hack. Graphics are part of a hack that makes people enjoy it more so if you need someone to insert tiles then get someone or change back to the original FR tiles. Just please listen to the criticism of others and learn from them.

Reactions: Nex

Omonox

Years
I have seen countless time where people have given you constructive criticism about the graphics of your hack. Dark Sneasel showed you some pics of how the one color tiles do not look good and the reasons Tcoppy stated are also a problem but good to hear that it is being worked on. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but if you want your hack to be successful I suggest you change the tiles of the hack, if not then not many people will come to your hack. Graphics are part of a hack that makes people enjoy it more so if you need someone to insert tiles then get someone or change back to the original FR tiles. Just please listen to the criticism of others and learn from them.

I suppose you are right about the tiles, but the game is still playable without the best tiles. I'm trying to worry about game breaking glitches before I worry about the little things. If the game crashes when you walk into one house, that's more severe than somebody disliking the tiles I spent a while making, and I thought looked nice. Still, thanks for your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back