• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

droomph

weeb
Years
  • I like all of the Pokémon and none of them are ugly tbh. Sure, some may have some bad points, but don't they all? I look for the beauty in every design.

Gawd I sound soppy.

Though I think every new gen is ugly for a while, they all become pretty to me after I've paid attention to them enough.

Though one thing I hate is Grovyle's sprites in every game up till BW. Not because it's hideous, because yes, it is hideous, but more rather because it kept me from the true nature of Grovyle for about seven years.

Maybe I have more but I would probably end up listing the bad points of every Pokémon :P

Midnyte

Pokerus Failure, Newish PCer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    I can think of only two that haven't already been widely used.

Lunatone: That stare.....scares me. o.O
    Darmanitan Zen Mode: See above.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Gen I:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Yes, Jynx is ugly. Quite ugly. But it's usefulness in battle is good enough for me to overlook that. Mr. Mime is ugly as well, but I have fond memories of using it in battle. Hypno, though, just looks like a pedo. I can just see it driving an old Chevy van with the slogan "free candy" on the side.

Gen II:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

I like Gen II. It's full of cool Pokemon like Scizor and Magcargo. However, there are a few bad Pokemon, and Sunflora is the worst. It's face is hideous, it's body looks odd, and it's not even useful in battle.

Gen III:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Ah, Hoenn. I like the region. It's tropical vibe, it's volcano, it's rainforest, it's just a cool region overall. The Pokemon were pretty good as well. Well, except for the many gimmick Pokemon, that is. Volbeat and Illumise are definitely bad Pokemon. They look weird, and they are awful in battle.

Gen IV:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Ah, the first-route-Normal-types.
    Raticate looked tough.
    Furret looked cute.
    Linoone looked cool.
    Bibarel just looks downright awful.
    Buck teeth, bug-eyes, stubby arms and legs, and an overall awful design.

Gen V:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Ah, yes, Gen V. The "Phantom Menace" of the Pokemon series. And just like the awful Star Wars prequels, Gen V introduced many bland, boring, and forgettable Pokemon. Including this frozen dessert. I'm sorry, but any Pokemon that looks like food is automatically bad. You shouldn't have a Pokemon that seems edible.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
  • I realise the last line was too harsh.

Its that I appreciate all pokemon and as a fakemon artist try hard to recreate my own ones based on the real ones, so it sometimes feels personal when someone just points to pokes and calls them ugly.

You just contradicted yourself.

Anyways,
    What is the purpose of pointing out pokemon you dislike in this manner? Perhaps I should have questioned the specific comments made (*), instead of replying like I did, but if you justify them by your right for your own opinion, then what's the point of it?
    The people merely posting names/pictures don't bother me, I think "whatever, people can dislike what they want", but you did comment on them, in the way you did..

*for example: what don't you understand about Leavanny? And how is Cryogonal a wannabe Glalie? Celebi is more of a Mew clone than Meloetta is a Celebi-clone.. actually Meloetta introduced something different to the event legendaries, with how it isn't an over-cute mini fairy but more along the lines of Roserade in stature or something...

I meant as in I didn't give reasons that were in depth enough for you to say "Reasons that could be applied to any gens."

Why do I need to say even more in depth why I dislike a Pokemon's design? Can't I just say that I find it ugly and leave it at that? I know that I gave comments, but those were just for entertainment, and just thoughts that I had when I looked at them.
    I also stated several times that it was my opinion, and even I apologized if it bothered anyone. They also weren't to be taken seriously anyways, for Pete's sake, I made puns.
    Your comment really came off as rude.
    This thread was made just so that people can share the Pokemon who's design they dislike, this isn't the arguing about it thread.
    Check out the thread in Pokemon Black and White that's called "Gen V Pokemon don't look like Pokemon?" if you want to criticize people for disliking a Pokemon's design, but I'm not going to say anymore about why I find a Pokemon ugly here because an argument like this is completely pointless, as we are different people with different eyes that have different ideas of "cute" and "beauty".

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Gen I:
    Spoiler:

Gen 2:
    Spoiler:

Gen 3:
    Spoiler:

Gen 4:
    Spoiler:

Gen 5: