• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon University

Status
Not open for further replies.

citron

Water Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    ooc: That's why you guys should have made up a partner. But I guess since the tournament is tomorrow, you can decide not to partner up with him since your not legally registered together yet. And thanks for reminding me about it, the rest of you must choose who your partners are or just make one up. The tournaments are split into two secions for boys and girls, so your not going to be able to partner with the other. And, as a pre-warning, there will be an event where a handful of the students are sent letters calling them out for a battle. This battle will be against ten students from another Academy. The name of the Academy will come later, cause I haven't figured one out. This will be on the day after the tournament on Day 5.

ic: "Arial Ace!" Pidgey came down for a perfect Arial Ace. The Dratini used Spark and caused Pidgey to go off balance "Wow. Nice aim."

Gust got up, chirping as a way to say 'I'm okay'. "Good, now use Gust attack!" Pidgey did his Gust attack and sent Dratini tumbling along the floor. "Now, lets use our secret weapon! Sonic Slash!"

Pidgey rose up to the air, then used quick attack to launch for Dratini. Once he reached half way, he made a sudden stop combined wih a single powerful beat of his wings like a gust attack in order to cause a sonic slash. The attack wasn't as strong as it was meant to though. Pidgey was just not at the level to complete the attack. It fizzled out before it even reached the Dratini. "Darn it! Guat doesn't have the strength yet."

Dratini pointed up and charged what seemed as a dragon breath attack. "Uh oh. Pidgey get out of the way!" The blast was almost a direct hit. Pidgey managed to get out of the way just in time. The dratini didn't waste no time. It used Ice Ball, which Gust dodged again. Then, like lightening, it launched another Dragon Breath which caught Pidgey directly.

"Gust, are you okay?" Pidgey fell to the floor and looked as if he wsa tying to get up but couldn't. "Dragon Breath must have paralyzed him. Gust, please, fight it! We have spent our whole time training! If we can't beat this Dratini, we have no chance in the tournament! So I need you to fight it! Please!"

Pidgey used as much strength as it could. There was just no fighting this paralysis. Then, Pidgey suddenly started to glow. his whole body was surrounded by light. "Oh, Gust! Your evolving!"

Like clay molding into shape, Pidgey's body grew more than twice its size. It spread its wings wide and took on the form of Pidgey no more. It was now a Pidgeotto. "Gust, you ready?" rarule said, too happy to say about Pidgeys evolution. It gave a caw instead of a chirp and nodded. "Then let's show this thing true power! Sonic Slash!"

Pidgeotto rose to the sky and did the combination technique of Quick Attack and Gust to send multiple sonic slash attacks at Dratini. The Dratini tried to counter with Dragon Breath, but it didn't stand a chance. The pokemon was defeated and Gust was the victor.

Rarule gave its pidgey a rub on the head and called it back into it's pokeball. "Now that that's finish, let's go Marine!" Azurill came out of the pokeball and bounced around on its tail.

The computer generated a mareep. "Okay Marine! No holding Back!"

monokey

Wanderer
    Years
    ooc: wow, it's been a long time since anyone has posted

ic: Ken slowly walked down to the canteen for a late breakfast. His roomate Mikey was just about to finish his breakfast as Ken sat down.
    "So, where have you been all morning?" asked his very curios friend.
    "No where special. I just thought that me and my pokemon could do with an early morning walk."
    Mikey looked at Ken as if he had said something horrible, it didn't surprise Ken. Mikey was known to be lazy, after all there was a saying "Like pokemon, Like trainer" it was no surprise that Mikey had chosen a Teddisura.
    "You scare me" was all that Mikey said before saying, "Since we're partners in the tourney, I was thinking, why don't we pay a visit to the training room."
    "Training room?"
    "Don't tell me you don't know what that is?"
    "Hahahah...hehe....of course I know what it is!"
    "What is then?"
    "cough....cough, I think i caught a slight cough this morning, I don't want to make it worse, I shouldn't be talking."
    "You don't know what it is, do you?" said Mikey eyeing Ken.
    "Sure I do...cough" said a very nervous Ken, he didn't want to be a fool.
    "I'm not goona tell you, you know that?"
    Ken looked at Mikey with puppy eyes, "Alright I admit it... I don't know what it is. Can you tell me, please?"
    "Sure, but after you finish your breakfast you have to come with me to show you and do not run off, OK?"
    "OK" replied Ken as he started eating toast quickly.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    OOC: AIIEEE!!!! Sorry for not posting in so long. My DSL is offline so I am currently using a school computer. Citron, you're funny. You're switching between Gust and Pidgey. Hahaha..
    Everyone is evolving their pokemon after only two or three battles.... Darn it.

IC:
    It was late in the afternoon and I had just exited my last class of the day, Breeding 1.0. It was a day of studying the inheritance of abilities from parents to child. I was quite fatigued during that class. I thought Pikachu and agby might need some mastering in their new techniques they were learning.

After stepping off the platform that lead to the fields, I stretched for a second and gave a huge sigh. With a swishing movement, I quickly grabbed a pokeball from my belt and let out Pikachu and Magby followed shortly after. Both gave a yawn to show their boredness.

"Ready for some training before we call it a day?" I asked to both pokemon. They nodded. Magby hopped around hitting large tree stumps with his Thunderpunch while Pikachu struck down large boulders with his Iron Tail attack. I was quite impressed with their level of skill for both were excelling quickly in their abilities. Something out the corner of my eye caught my attention. A tree stump Magby struck revealed a pokemon living or what I think, hiding in it. Magby quickly engaged with it.

dark_fire15

Pokemon Trainer Colton
    Years
    This Sounds fun! I'm Registering to get in it!

Name: Colton
    Description: Blonde Spikey Hair. Brown Eyes and Glasses. Red Jacket That's not Buttoned up so you can see the white T-Shirt Under it. Blue Baggy Pants and Black Shoes. Just look at my Trainer Card.
    Personality: Tactical, Mysterious, Outgoing, Funny, Smart.
    History: Ever since his older brother left to be a trainer he to wanted to be a trainer.
    RPing Sample: Colton was dropped off at the university. He was wearing a backpack that was yellow and had all the things he needed to learn and live in the dormss. He walked to the doors and opened them slowly then stepped in and closed them. He walked to the dorms and looked up at one of the doors. The number: "109" was in gold above it. He went inside and unpacked.

"Talk about fun. Nobody..." he said to himself then fell back on his bed. He was exhausted. He had traveled a long way to get here. His eyes were open though. He thought of all the good times he'll have.
    "Colton come to the office. Colton to the office!" said the speakers. So he got up and trotted to the office. When he got there he was given a form to fill out.

He picked Magby as his entry pokemon. For his classes he picked: Battle, Evolution, Potions, Health & Care, Breeding, Pokemon. When he filled it out and handed it to the lady at the counter. She read through it and then gave Colton a Ball and another sheet and motioned him off. Colton went back to his room and sat on his bed.

"My first Pokemon..." Colton said. He also read the sheet. It listed his classes and there times and order. There Order was: Potions, Health & Care, Battle, Evolution, Breeding, and finally Pokemon. He sighed and put the sheet on a desk beside him. He then took his pokeball in one hand and tossing it in the air.

"I choose you Magby!" said Colton as the ball swirled in the air. It then let out an electric like beam and a pokemon appeared.

"I'll call you Torch!" said colton and he petted his new pet. The Magby smiled and rubbed against the hand rubbing him.

citron

Water Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    ooc: okay, dark fire your in. Naruto, you almost was taken off as Megalightblze's partner. If he hadposted first, he might have made one up. But do you still want to be partners with him, or are you going to make one? Krafty, never wait for a response from someone that long. The days continue to moveon so you should just have your character move on with it and pretend they already finished talking. My training post will be edited on this post later.

monokey

Wanderer
    Years
    ooc: Don't worry Krafty Quill, you're not the only one who's new to RPing.
    ic: After a quick breakfast, Ken was whisked away by Mikey towards the training room. It was dark and purple withe lines everywhere.
    "Now that we're here....what do we do?" asked Ken. As if to answer his question a woman materialised right in front of him.
    "Hello" said the holographic woman.
    "Uhh..." Ken was too shocked to speak. Am i in a movie? thought Ken as the woman began to speak again.
    "Please present you trainer card" said the woman. Mikey took his card out and held it up, Ken did the same.
    "Thank you" said the woman, "Please take out your pokemon."
    Mikey sent out his Teddisura and Ken sent out his Phanpy.
    "Please wait until the start of the battle is announced" and the woman vanished.
    "Where'd she go?" said Ken.
    "Don't worry." reassured his friend. Then a a Bulbasaur and a Charmander appeared.
    "Please begin in....5" the woman's had appeared again above them, "4....3...2....1"
    The Charmander released a full power ember attack on Ken's Phanpy and the Bulbasaur used Vine Whip on Mikey's Teddisura.
    "Phanpy...Tackle"
    "Teddisura...Lick!"
    Charmander was taken by surprise, it hadn't expected a counter attack but Bulbasaur had fared worse it was now immobolised by the gentle lick of Mikey's cute Teddisura.
    "Tedisura use Slash attack!"
    "Phanpy use defense curl then rollout"
    Both pokemon nodded before launching their attacks, Chamander was knocked out instantly wheras Bulbasaur dodged by jumping in the air Teddisura's attack. Phanpy directed its attack towards Bulbasuar as it landed and it was also knocked out.
    "I don't know why I didn't know about this place" smiled Ken as a Pidgey and Houndoor appeared.

Last edited:
    Years
    citron said:
    ooc: okay, dark fire your in. Naruto, you almost was taken off as Megalightblze's partner. If he hadposted first, he might have made one up. But do you still want to be partners with him, or are you going to make one? Krafty, never wait for a response from someone that long. The days continue to moveon so you should just have your character move on with it and pretend they already finished talking. My training post will be edited on this post later.
    Since he is still posting here, I'll keep him as my partner.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    OOC: ack! Sorry, my comp is wierd and didn't bold this topic telling me there was a new post. I didn't know it was still going, I'm here tho.

IC: Ryan looked at the guy who approached him and the girl with the Magby (I'm not sure if you walked away or not so let's just say you did?) Ryan waved goodbye to the girl and headed for the school. He found himself in a large room where many of the trainers were battling, "Oh wow...hey Phanpy, let's see if we can find a partner for this tournament tommorrow eh?" the little elephant nodded and followed in his tracks as they headed across the gym scouting.

OOC: Could someone post a list of everyone actually in this rp and whos partner'd with who? (even if their partner is themselves in another character)

dark_fire15

Pokemon Trainer Colton
    Years
    Colton's parents dropped him off at the University. Colton looked up at the gold word sthat spelled: "Pokemon University". He sighed a sigh of nervousness. When he walked towards the doors a guard stopped him.

"To enter you must defeat me in a pokemon fight.

"But I din't come with a Pokemon." replied colton.

"Choose from one of these." said the guard who layed out some pokeballs and also give each of there names and type.

"I'll choose the Magby."

"Okay," replied the guard and gave Colton the ball that contained a Magby, "What will you name it?"

"Torch," replied Colton who still could hardly believe he got his first pokemon, "Go Torch!"The Pokeball was tossed into the air and it sent out a blue beam straight to the ground a Magby appeared.

"Go Rocky!" yelled the guard who tossed a ball into the air. A blue beam hit the ground and a Geodude appeared.

"Ember!" Shouted Colton and Torch blue a smale fireball at the Geaodude. It hardly damaged it!

"Tackle!" Yelled the Guard and his Geaodude launched itself at Torch sending him flying back. A critical hit!

"I'll have to be more tactical," thought Colton then he yelled, "Torch hit his eyes with ember!" Then Torch blew another small fireball but at the Geodudes eyes. The geodude fell to the ground covering his eyes.

"WHAT!?" yelled the Guard, "That's it! Tackle!" The geodude tryed to open it's eyes to attack but it hurt to much.

"Now tackle!" yelled Colton. Torch jumped up the lunged down at the Geodude. It went a lttle back. The Geodude wasn't blind anymore!

"Now hit im' good Rocky! Tackle!" yelled the Guard.

"Quick jump Torch!" said Colton. Torch hopped up and landed to his left. The Geodude smaked into a tree and went unconsious. They won! Colton and Torch won! They could now go in!

"Good fight kid!" said the guard who handed Colton a piece of paper, "Ropcky return!". The guard held out his pokeball and it shot a blue beam at the Geodude. The gedude disapeared into the ball.

"You to Torch., Return!" said colton holding the ball out. A blue beam shot at Torch and Torch disappeared into the ball. Colton walked into the building. It was huge! He walked to the front desk.

"Uh which room Number is mine?" asked Colton.

"It's room number 109. Here's your keys." said the women at the desk and handed Colton a key. Colton walked off to the hallways that had the words "Boys Dorms" above it. He walked down it and to his room. he opened the door and then layed in his bed.

Metaforte

Hey, Im still alive.
    Years
    OOC: Oh I see, but my character just came in so im not sure.

BIC: "So Kiara? Where you come from anyway?" Darin asked, trying to find out as much info from this fine chick as he can.

"Im from Viridian City at Kanto. We had a nice home over there, but I was quickly shipped of to this academy right when I received this letter to come to this school. I miss my friends back at home every day, but im kind of excited. I got a cute pookemon and I might find a new boyfriend...," She spoke

"Yes! She's single! Maybe I could hook up with her," Darin thought, grinning in my thoughts. She moved a little closer to Darin. Not touching each other, but close enough to look like it. Her perfume smelled nice, nothing like Darin smelt before, but it smelled good. One girl looked at us with a stricken look ok jealously on her face. She looked sad, then angry as she furiously whispered to her friend. She was probably chatting about how jealous she was not to have me.

"Tough. I might already found me a lady...," I thought."Maybe. I still don't know much about her,"

"Hey, you want to battle," I asked, feeling the sudden urge to fight.

"Umm..., Okay. I need the training anyway," Kiara replied, smiling.

OOC: Tournament huh? I don't think I can enter since I only have one pokemon...

citron

Water Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    The computer made a countdown that led to a thundershock attack from Mareep. "Dodge it Marine!" Marine dodged the attack with a joyish style. "Now use roll out!"

Marine started tumblng towards the mareep. The sheep-like pokemon tried to counter with thunder shock but it was deflected off of Marine by the spinning. The rollout atack made a direct hit.

Mareep got up instantly and used growl. The noise even rattled the pokemon belonging to the other trainers battling in this room. "Sorry about that. I had no control over it."

Rarule turned around glowing with embarressment. He focused his attention on the battle. "Okay, you'll pay for..." Mareep had already used tackle attack on Marine while he said that. Rarule got even redder as he tried to hide his embarrassment. "Okay, focus."

Marine got up and looked at him with concer. "Don't worry Marine, I'm ready. Now, Bubblebeam!" Marine gave a cheerful 'azuril' and let loose a powerful bubblebeam attack. The bubbelbeam was dodged and countered with spark attack.

"Use bubble Marine!" Marine let a barrage of bubbles out which acted as a shield from the spark attack. "Now lets show these guys what true power is! Skull Bash!" Marine lowered its head and shot out a water gun at the ground to launch itself at Mareep and began to spiral towards the pokemon with great speed.

The mareep was hit dead on and was knocked out instantly. The battle similation was over and the computer shut down. The holographic woman appeared again. "Two battles are all a Rookie Trainer is allowed. Have a nice day."

Rarule took out his pokeball. "Return Marine." The light hit Marine and pulled him into the pokeball. he looked at the others than walked out. "With these two guys around my belt ready to knock down any competition standing in my way, this tournament is as good as mine."

He then realized something. "I need a partner!" He then saw a kid standing alone, watching the two have their tag battle. He knew him as Ryan. The kid was in his Battle 1.0 class and he was pretty decent as far as Rarule knew. "I wonder if he has a partner."

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Ryan saw a few people from his classes with whom he said hi to and asked if they had partners but most of them already did. Ryan sighed and patted Poliwag and Phanpy while they rested on a couch in the corner of the room. He let them be a moment and stood up when he saw a few trainers in the battle simulation rooms. He saw one kid come out and walked over, "Hey there. Rarule, right? I was wondering if you had a partner for the tournament tommorrow. I've asked almost everyone and they're all paired already."

citron

Water Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    ooc: I'm sorry you guys feel that way, but it's not that hard o catch up. You're new students so of course you'd be behind. But that doesn't mean you have to enter the tournament. Plus, there's till a couple of days before rank exams.

ic: "No. I was going to try and see I I could get one of my two roommates to partner up with me, but they already partnered up together." Rarule looked over at his pokemon. "A Poliwag and a Phanpy huh? Both our starter pokemon can do some damage with a double roll out attack."

monokey

Wanderer
    Years
    ooc: hope you all got citron's PM, i just wanna who's gona help.
    ic: Ken walked with Mikey from the training room to the Pokemon center based at the University,
    "That raichu was definatley something?" commented Ken.
    "Yeah man, that thunderbolt was way too powerful!" exclaimed Mikey
    "It's making me worry about tommorow's tourney"
    "You don't need to worry, that raichu would have given even a novice a run for their money" Mikey reassured.
    "Wahh! Look at the time we're gonna be late for Oak's lesson" said a very worried Ken.
    "Lets run, I hate it when he gives extra homework!"
    The two boys dropped of their pokemon and ran quickly to their lesson, while trying not to narge into the many workers that the university employed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back