• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Violet Demo One Release

ShadowForce_G

Endless learning...
Years
  • Finally, this hack in showcase.
    People will love this hack. I'm sure...

I love the GSC tiles too...
    Keep working.

Java? It's an island of Indonesia, isn't it?
    or Java (something with coffee icon)?

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Finally, this hack in showcase.
    People will love this hack. I'm sure...

I love the GSC tiles too...
    Keep working.

Java? It's an island of Indonesia, isn't it?
    or Java (something with coffee icon)?
    Or Java, As in the scripting language used in coding many websites, Why do you bring up Java anyway?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo finally another GB Hack round here. Going to grad a demo nao XD

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • If you talk to everyone around the Java Way and Javaton areas you should be able to work out how it got its Java name. Java in the US is apparently slang for Coffee.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone :)

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    So what's changed in this hack? Is it a complete overhaul like CBM hacks? Or is it just a different map design like Miksy hacks?

Are any of the Pokemon's stats and movesets changed, etc?

Cartmic

Years
  • So what's changed in this hack? Is it a complete overhaul like CBM hacks? Or is it just a different map design like Miksy hacks?

Are any of the Pokemon's stats and movesets changed, etc?

Play it and see :P

I've been hacking for about 7 years, I don't do simple hacks.

Also how did you edit the area connections?

The connection data is stored in the maps header, and like everything but maps and graphics, I spent a long time in a hex editor editing them.

Cartmic

Years
  • Finally finished the demo the other day and I gotta say it was fun, looking forward to any future releases. I've also uploaded my run of the game to youtube (in three videos too, which surprised me) for anyone curious to see Violet in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VoOOmEFqmk - Beginning and first Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6slR34tT4 - Forest Dungeon and Second Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Lk-kTtiow - First (playable) City Hall and End

I gotta admit though so far unless you pick Charmander or by sheer luck manage to get a Butterfree, the first Hall is going to be a pain in the ass due to its type. Maybe having Spearow catchable (if they already aren't?) in later releases would be a good idea?

Thanks for the play through, I added some comments to the videos.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Looks good, I'll try it, but question since this is a red hack do you plan to tweak with the weakness system? The earlier games were messed up when it came to weaknesses like I remember Thundershock working on Geodude and some moves like water gun not effecting certain pokemon. Also do you plan on adding Pokemon from newer games like what has been done to the pokemon brown hack? I didn't see any information on these in the first post so I thought I would ask, doesn't matter either way, it still won't make it a bad hack but tweaking with the weakness system would still be a good idea. XD

Back