• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Vira Fakemon(New To Spriting)

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Here are some Fakemon I'm working on. They are for Pokemon Vira...no copying Sprites! I'm terrible at Spriting..but am looking for ways to make these Rough Drafts get better and better. Constructive criticism is welcome. I know there bad, but I'll keep trying. Thanks for looking.

bulmaf.png

squidra.png

suiralla.png

taiyomew.png

tedmi.png

vodzin.png

babelamb.png

hopluna.png

boxenvil.png

physiceon.png

diarthrone.png

radiotope.png

snailpa.png

tadma.png

teddsa.png

pangoling.png

buzary.png

owlta.png

swamon.png

craber.png

marmotq.png

Last edited:
Years
Hey... i dunno if u remember me, i did a few sprites for u like 2 years ago :P

Couple of things your gonna need to work on, so i'll give u a list below:

1. Fix the outlines. Try to keep the outlines just 1 pixel thick when you're spriting. Try to get the lines to look smooth before starting to add color.

2. Shapes. The shapes you've used are very haphazard, try to get a bit of uniformity. Make the curves smooth, the head shaped more like a head, etc.

3. Shading. Most colors on a pokemon have 4 shades: Highlight, Base, Shadow, Outline. Keep the light source in the top left corner and add shading to make your sprites look more dynamic. Also, black should only be used to outline the darkest places of the sprite.

Try using parts of the official sprites so you can see how they make certain shapes etc. Also read up on some spriting tutorials and try to do some pixel-overs... they really help. And keep practicing... thats the most important part.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Hey... i dunno if u remember me, i did a few sprites for u like 2 years ago :P

Couple of things your gonna need to work on, so i'll give u a list below:

1. Fix the outlines. Try to keep the outlines just 1 pixel thick when you're spriting. Try to get the lines to look smooth before starting to add color.

2. Shapes. The shapes you've used are very haphazard, try to get a bit of uniformity. Make the curves smooth, the head shaped more like a head, etc.

3. Shading. Most colors on a pokemon have 4 shades: Highlight, Base, Shadow, Outline. Keep the light source in the top left corner and add shading to make your sprites look more dynamic. Also, black should only be used to outline the darkest places of the sprite.

Try using parts of the official sprites so you can see how they make certain shapes etc. Also read up on some spriting tutorials and try to do some pixel-overs... they really help. And keep practicing... thats the most important part.

I agree with everything he said.

Also, try to make each Pokemon facing left with the lighter shades of each color in the top left portion of the sprite, with the darker shades in the lower right portion.

Years
Ark pretty much said the same thing, but don't forget we have helpful tutorials from our carrot, Chesu. This thread provides helpful tutorials which includes a scratch tutorial. You may find it helpful.

Try to sketch out your designs and concepts too so you have a plan and enough ideas to sprite down the little details and whatnot.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Well, they said all I think. Another tip I could give you is to draw on a paper the fake before sprite it. It helps so much. Well, I don't do that, but it helps ^^

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
If you are just using MS paint you may want to get Paint.net for free. You can make colours much more easily and you should try using the curved line tool at 1 thickness set to jagged for the outlines.
Also, take your time doing a couple instead of rushing and getting loads done.

This is quite good in terms of ideas though! All the best of luck whether you take my ideas or not. ('-')

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
If i can give you advice... I try make some species of Pokemons which now do not exist... Like TURKEY for example... Do not make so much legendaries... Also you must have great story...

Also your sprites now is good for GBC games.... If you try add them to Silver you have great hack... But for GBA is so small.

Last edited:
Back