• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Void

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
  • Don't worry. I didn't perceive any of it as an attack. It was criticism, and I like criticism because it helps me improve as a creative.

Well, I am glad to be of some help.
    I finished the game. Despite that some of the challenges exceeded my tolerance level it's overall a very well done, unique game with a great twist.
    One last critique:
    Spoiler:

Not sure if there is post-game, if there is I will check that out later.

is the dickbag supposed to beat you at the beginning?

Dickbag will likely beat you at every battle. Just expect that to happen. You can beat Dickbag if you come well prepared (Prof. Pines can give you a potion before you leave) but all Dickbag battles are designed to be extremely tough. There is no consequence if you lose to Dickbag. The story still continues.

Lol.
    I was not aware of the potion before the first "Dickbag" battle but I'm not sure it makes a huge difference as the starters come with STAB and regardless of the one he ends up with it's the type advantage against you and guaranteed to have a stronger tackle/scratch. It is possible to beat the second two "Dickbag" battles with grinding for a full team of evolutions but it's optional and I believe canon-compliant to lose.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Um i downloaded the winrar but i can't seem to unzip it due to it being damged or in unknown format so can anyone help me with this
    WCWtIgvtBC88

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2023
    Hello. First of all, I am not good at using English, so I will let you know that the context may not be right by using a translator.
    While playing the game, Swampert Ride on Route 12 got caught in a bug that you can only ride on the ground, not on the water.
    You can't get out of that state unless you do it again from the beginning.

I'm really enjoying your game.
    Thank you so much for making this fun game!
    AAGlAr.jpg

DR7qlY.jpg

Years
  • Hello. First of all, I am not good at using English, so I will let you know that the context may not be right by using a translator.
    While playing the game, Swampert Ride on Route 12 got caught in a bug that you can only ride on the ground, not on the water.
    You can't get out of that state unless you do it again from the beginning.

I'm really enjoying your game.
    Thank you so much for making this fun game!
    AAGlAr.jpg

DR7qlY.jpg

Thank you for the bug report. Several updates later and I still can not get rid of this bug. If you are still stuck you can have all your pokemon faint and the problem should fix itself.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    can we have a debug mode so that anyone who finds the game difficult can customize it to their liking.
    I am one of your biggest fan.
    So thank you for your response.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    can we have a debug mode so that anyone who finds the game difficult can customize it to their liking.
    I am one of your biggest fan.
    So thank you for your response.

not every game needs to have a debug mode, if the game seems too difficult then you need simply adapt to what is being thrown your way be either via changing your team up or grinding............... and if that doesnt make it any easier than perhaps this game just isnt for you.............

besides, all these fan games are made so that they can be played from start to finish without the use of debug mode, the main exception being sandbox based mods as that's the perfect place for debug mode

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Eevee doesn't evolve if you use a rare candy instead of battling to level up. Also, you might want to think about making the level scaling for wild pokemon optional, while it is nice for grinding it makes training initially weak pokemon extremely aggravating especially when there are only 12 pp per move, and it makes it especially difficult for anyone who picks grass to train at all in the first two areas, with all the ice types in the first one and all the fire spins and wing attacks in the second. Also, it seems to be impossible for my starter to catch pokerus my whole team has it except him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    I've gotten to the second chad fight and in my opinion, the pokemon on the first couple of routes could use some rebalancing. Too many grass types there are like 5 of them spread between two routes which is particularly unhelpful if you picked Baumasaur, on a side note, why does marteeny have fire spin? All those grass types make it difficult to grind types like water, grass, and electric, even if we could just get a rod to fish with and fight some water types that way would make a big difference. I'm editing this now after posting it, honestly, the Chad fight wasn't nearly as bad as I thought he had 25's and I had 20's and I only lost two party members and healed once. But another thing that came to mind is we really need a list on how to evolve some of these pokemon because I have an entire team of 20's and no one's evolved yet I can only assume I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:
    Years

• Heyo. Just want to say thanks for having interest in my game. I appreciate the input but the game won't be seeing any updates any time soon. Everything is designed to be a bit challenging but not impossible. You just need to strategize a bit. Also pokemon tend to evolve late in Void because the level scaling makes pokemon get stronger faster. There is lots of information available on the discord as well (even though it's mostly inactive now a day's). The link is on the main page if you're interested.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    it's not really challenging though, just really grindy and annoying, if a pokemon takes 4-5 razor leaves to kill and I only have 12 PP then I can defeat two maximum before I have to go back and heal assuming I don't get rocked by a wing attack or fire spin. None of the trainer battles thus far have required strategy beyond type matchups those are fine the grinding has been the only hard part for the entire time I've been playing and even then it's mostly just been annoying. Aside from that though it's been good so far none of the fights have been particularly unfair.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hi Rory, I love Pokemon Void and think you did an amazing job with it. Where can I find Horrocat? That is the last Pokémon I need to complete my team.

Days
    • Seen Dec 21, 2023
    FYI Volterric can learn Earthquake as well which can be an early Pokemon if you catch the static Hundy in the Museum stall.

I've just reached the point where the Director (whom I have suspected is our father for some time, there have been several hints that he's a double agent) gives us the option to join Team Runic (or is it him specifically since he mentions that he is going to destroy both the Odin Corp and a Team Runic) and I am wondering does the plot split here? Can you actually be evil?

Or is joining Team Runic possibly good or at least the lesser of two evils perhaps? The Odin Corp. has been pretty suspicious as well.

I could never bring myself to choose to be evil if it were possible but I am curious and think that it's cool when the option exists. If the option does exist I would hope someone on Youtube would do it for me so I can see what happens.

Unrelated question, is there a Ditto equivalent in this game that can breed with anything or an actual Ditto?

UPDATE: I found it on Youtube and choosing to join the Director is just an instant Game Over.

This chase sequence is some of the most difficult gameplay I have ever encountered and is borderline unfair. Knowing this game perhaps it's meant to be, however, nonetheless, it could still use a bit of improvement.
    - Granted I find it difficult to focus on anything except the destination or goal when rushed I can't see a strategy that consistently works. It seems to be pure chance when the damn thing doesn't directly intercept your path in the middle of the hall and sometimes I swear to Arceus the thing actually jumps me when it seems I might be sidestepping it!
    - The one time thus far I have managed to flip both switches I couldn't figure out where to go next so I got caught from running around aimlessly. Again Youtube had to come in. FYI having to turn to Youtube to figure out where to go because either the dialogue is cryptic or entryways are obscured has been a reoccurring issue for me.
    - I as well fell victim to the battle mislead mentioned early in this thread. As suggested a 'run' prompt would be nice and being caught should just reset the event without the impossible battle. I feel Void moves should have been able to damage it but as a guaranteed loss the battle is needless elongating in particular because the creature's move can miss. As I don't doubt several others have, I let myself lose the first time to see if I could get away with it and it missed my Ghillimoss 3 times in a row.
    - It might have been a bit of help if running could be toggled so that one doesn't have to operate 2 keys (run and action to flip the switches) with one hand.
    - I should also point out that if you mount a ride Pokemon before entering the Director choice event you'll be stuck on it for this event because the area disallows mounting and the size of the Pokemon can be a hindrance to character movement in smaller areas. Thankfully I had made a backup copy of my save before the Director's choice just in case it was a plot split (if it wasn't on Youtube I would have explored both paths until I decided which one I preferred).
    To be honest, this whole thing is making it difficult for me to appreciate how awesome this creature is.

UPDATE 2: FINALLY DID IT! I hate to admit this but I was seriously considering asking if someone would be kind enough to do it for me and if not perhaps even quit the game. That's how difficult this was for me. I'm glad I don't have to quit though I am enjoying the game despite the difficulties.
    i'm actually wondering about a ditto as well, is there a ditto equivalent or so?

Days
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    maybe this is a skill issue but I wanted to know what ability does swellark have, because every time I try to run from it it doesn't let me (I play on mobile) and then it uses a move that knocks itself and my pokemon out.

Back